GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #10

Why does he refer to Lonzie as Arin? I've not heard that name before?

The hundreds of law enforcement officers and volunteers who assisted in the search for toddler Lonzie Barton will be recognized by the Jacksonville City Council Tuesday night.

Councilman Scott Wilson and the other council members will present a framed resolution to commend the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and the Jacksonville Fire Rescue Department. The resolution will also thank Northeast Florida law enforcement officers, military members, State Attorney's Office and volunteers who devoted countless hours to the investigation of Lonzie's disappearance.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie-barton-searchers-to-be-recognized

It's been one year since 21-month-old Lonzie Barton disappeared from Jacksonville, and the case is still fresh on the minds of local law enforcement.

Lonzie was reported missing on July 24, 2015. Months later, his mother's boyfriend, Ruben Ebron, said Lonzie was found dead in a bathtub and his body hidden in a vacant area in Bayard off U.S. 1.

The case lasted 172 days. Action News Jax reporter Bridgette Matter spoke Thursday with 13 people who were on the investigation team.

Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Director Tom Hackney said he and the men and women who worked on the case carry it with them -- every day. “Everyone in this room had a true emotional attachment to this case,” Hackney said. “At home, driving to and from work, lying in bed trying to fall asleep, you carried this case with you."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...ue-emotional-attachment-to-the-case/408586040

New information from Angela Corey on Lonzie case

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.—State Attorney Angela Corey recalls walking to the woods where Ruben Ebron led authorities on a cold January night.

Six months earlier, Ebron had reported 21-month-old, Lonzie Barton, missing.

"We've had a lot of tragic baby deaths, but none where the child was missing for as long as Lonzie was and I think is what added to the heartache," Corey said.

Corey said Ebron lead them very close to Lonzie's remains that night but it wasn't until the next morning when authorities came back to the woods that he was found.

"The plea bargain we made with Ebron was not just dependent on him taking us out here but on us recovering Lonzie's body and that any determination by a medical examiner matched what he said happened to this baby which would have matched the lower charge," Corey said.

There was a tire over Lonzie's body when they found him. He was in the spot where his 5-year-old sister had alluded to investigators early on.

Corey said Lonzie's sister was able to tell them that they came to the "scary woods."

:tears:

I can't believe tomorrow marks 1 year.

Powerful words from Angela Corey.

2l6g4p.jpg

Never forget you gorgeous baby boy, you are loved across the globe!

:candle: :rose:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/arrest...gn=Breaking News Alert&utm_term=wjxt_breaking

Looks like RE will be facing more charges from an earlier 2006 incident.

"Peoples-Waters said prosecutors could have Ebron moved to Leon County to face charges. If he does go to trial and is convicted, she said, it would be up to a judge to decide whether his sentence could run concurrent with his current sentence."
Not concurrent, add them to his current sentence, IMO if convicted.

It's hard to believe it's been a year.

Here's a good article worth reading:

Just 21 months old when his life was snuffed out, the toddler captured the local imagination, prompting prayers and moving strangers to search for him. Most of the searchers didn’t know that a cadaver-sniffing dog had already alerted police — within hours of him being reported missing — that in all likelihood, the blue-eyed boy last seen wearing a diaper was already dead.
Lonzie’s mother, Lonna Lauramore Barton, a drug-addicted stripper, is in the Gadsden Correctional Facility near Tallahassee with a 12-year sentence: five for her role in her son’s death and seven years on a drug charge from Baker County.

Her boyfriend, William Ruben Ebron Jr., is in the DeSoto Correctional Institute in Southwest Florida for Lonzie’s death. He’s scheduled to be there until 2040 after cutting a deal with prosecutors and leading them to Lonzie’s body. Lonzie’s father, Christopher Arin Barton, who was never charged in the boy’s death, is in prison on drug charges.

Ebron told investigators in January that Lonzie drowned in a bathtub while he and Lauramore Barton were having sex. Police don’t buy the story, one told in an 11th-hour move as his trial date neared.

“His history of telling lies is so pervasive that I don’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth,” said Scott Dingee, an assistant chief with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. “If we can’t prove it independently, then I don’t believe it.”

http://staugustine.com/news/2016-07...ons-death-still-pains-officers-and-observers#

More at the link.

Ebron told investigators in January that Lonzie drowned in a bathtub while he and Lauramore Barton were having sex. Police don’t buy the story, one told in an 11th-hour move as his trial date neared.

I mean even if that was what happened, it's still bad. For a child to die in a bathtub while you're off copulating like animals is still a willfully negligent and disgusting breach of your duty of care.

I mean even if that was what happened, it's still bad. For a child to die in a bathtub while you're off copulating like animals is still a willfully negligent and disgusting breach of your duty of care.

I agree, almost any scenario stinks of selfish adults who didn't care about Lonzie enough to keep him safe and healthy. But the fractured skull and broken ribs are hard to get out of my mind even if the ME couldn't connect it to Lonzie's COD.

The medical examiner's report has not yet been released, but a prosecutor said Friday that Lonzie's body had several fractured bones, including injuries to his ribs that were healing. It appears Lonzie fell down some stairs weeks before his death.

Investigators said they don't believe those injuries happened while Lonzie was in Ebron's care.

The child also had skull fractures, which appeared to have happened after his death.

Now the question remains for investigators: How can they be sure Lonzie drowned in a bathtub, as Ebron now claims?

Police said the fact is they can't be sure. They just have to take Ebron's word on it, because the toddler's cause of death cannot be determined.

“Both of these individuals from the very second that they came into contact with the Sheriff's Office, both started down a long road of lies, so they're liars in my eyes,” Hackney said. “You have to take what they're offering in these plea agreements at face value, just because that's the way that this works.”

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie-barton/sorting-truth-from-fiction-in-lonzies-death

Hackney doesn't believe them and that's good enough for me. IMO Ebron got a walk in the park with the 20-year sentence. I hope there will be enough people around who remember this case in 10 years or so when Ebron's up for parole.

​Ebron writes letters, pins blame on Lonzie's father
The man sentenced in the death of toddler Lonzie Barton wrote two letters from prison to Action News Jax.

(...)

Ebron wrote about Lonzie’s mother, Lonna Lauramore Barton. He claimed she knew more about her son’s death than she led on.

“What also made keeping quiet easier, was Lonna saying, “We need to stick together.” And when authorities started talking about possible murder charges and the death penalty, remaining quiet at that point was a no-brainer.”

Ebron wrote about Lonna Lauramore Barton’s fake pregnancy, “I was relieved that she wasn’t. Why? Who wants their baby to be born addicted to drugs?? Because everyone knows before Lonna got locked up, she was getting higher than a giraffe.”

In the two letters, Ebron pins blame on Lonzie’s father, Chris Barton, who is in prison for drug charges. He claimed Barton may have played a role in Lonzie being sick in the days leading up to his death.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/ebron-writes-letters-pins-blame-on-lonzies-father/413241781

Sound like poor Lonzie had it rough no matter where he was. God rest his little soul.
And maybe I shouldn't believe what this coward says but for some reason I believe that statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to step away from this case at Christmas. It just broke my heart and there were too many questions. I had spent many nights combing through the statements of parties involved and more hours on google earth trying to narrow down where remains could be.
I checked in today and caught up on all the pages. All I can say is that I am sad but relieved. I'm glad that Lonzie was found and put to rest.
The fact he was in bayard all this time lines up with the clues his sister had given. I wish that he didn't have to wait 6 months to be found and properly buried.
I find it hard to believe the story that was given to explain this poor child's death. Unfortunately, we will never know, we can only speculate.
I guess the take away is if we see a child in this type of environment to help as much as one can. I worry for other children in situations like this and for his big sister, may she have a better future.

Ebron just can't give up control - he's still trying to manipulate people. Notice how he's turned on Lonna, compared to the letters he wrote a while back. All that tells me is you'd better watch your back if you dare talk against him. What a piece of work. Not that Lonna's any better.

As for the injuries he claims Lonzie got while with CB, well, IMO it's possible but Ebron claimed Lonzie drowned in the bathtub, not that he died from some sort of illness or injuries he got while he was with his dad. If there was truth in his claim then I believe he and Lonna would have notified LE pronto in order to stick it to CB. No, I believe something awful happened to Lonzie at the hands of Ebron and Lonna. JMO.

It's never Ebron's fault, is it? I admit I get a little pleasure out of seeing how affected he is by negative news about him. He wrote this recent letter because he's pissed about the warrant for sexual assault. It just kills him to have his reputaion besmirched. Lol.

IMO all three - Lonna, CB and Ebron - are worthless members of society. I hope none of them sire or birth another child ever.

Ebron ---> :jail: Lonna ---> :jail: :seeya:

Ebron just can't give up control - he's still trying to manipulate people. Notice how he's turned on Lonna, compared to the letters he wrote a while back. All that tells me is you'd better watch your back if you dare talk against him. What a piece of work. Not that Lonna's any better.

As for the injuries he claims Lonzie got while with CB, well, IMO it's possible but Ebron claimed Lonzie drowned in the bathtub, not that he died from some sort of illness or injuries he got while he was with his dad. If there was truth in his claim then I believe he and Lonna would have notified LE pronto in order to stick it to CB. No, I believe something awful happened to Lonzie at the hands of Ebron and Lonna. JMO.

It's never Ebron's fault, is it? I admit I get a little pleasure out of seeing how affected he is by negative news about him. He wrote this recent letter because he's pissed about the warrant for sexual assault. It just kills him to have his reputaion besmirched. Lol.

IMO all three - Lonna, CB and Ebron - are worthless members of society. I hope none of them sire or birth another child ever.

Ebron ---> :jail: Lonna ---> :jail: :seeya:
Luckily for us llb cannot have anymore children, I believe it came out after faking her latest pregnancy (at the expense of WE) that she had her tubes tied after Lonzie was born. I suspect she had more than one motivation for faking that pregnancy...
MOO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Had to post this local news about Lonna Barton's attorney.
"Blackburn has been an attorney since 2005 and graduated from Florida Coastal School of Law. Recently, he defended Lonna Barton, mother of toddler Lonzie Barton, in a drug case in Baker County."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/attorn...gn=Breaking News Alert&utm_term=wjxt_breaking

Aw crap! Blackburn was Lonna's attorney for the Baker County drug bust (Kevin Carlisle was her attorney in Duval County) - she got 7 years. It seems to me that his arrest could open the door to an appeal on her sentencing. She pleaded guilty but certainly she could claim she was not properly represented.

The 45-year-old Jacksonville attorney who defended Lonna Lauramore Barton in her Baker County drug case will be arraigned himself Oct. 17 on a battery charge after two of his clients reported inappropriate sexual contact during jail visits three weeks ago, according to a State Attorney’s Office affidavit.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...torney-charged-after-complaints-inappropriate

He's a real piece of work.

Lonzie's autopsy results released today :(

" the state attorney's office acknowledged that there were old rib and skull fractures found on the remains.

The medical examiners' report notes "blunt trauma," including that Lonzie suffered eight blunt force rib fractures before his death and at least two skull fractures near the time of his death."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie...gn=Breaking News Alert&utm_term=wjxt_breaking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back