OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying this to be snarky, but that's a lot to take in. I had to read it three times. I'm pretty sure that LM and his wife put in for custody too, right after the murders, iirc. It's wonderful the little fella has so many people who love and want her, but, if he's a good guy, she should go with her father.

I probably should have used bullet points. I'm overcompensating so it doesn't get deemed "useless".

I probably should have used bullet points. I'm overcompensating so it doesn't get deemed "useless".

LOL, no, it was fine, really. I just had to study on it for a couple minutes. There's just a lot of folks to keep track of in this, and, earlier, another poster had asked about KR and it didn't dawn on me until just a few minutes ago that I think they were talking about the infant, and not Kenneth. :thinking:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...scoff-pike-county-sheriffs-comments/88507184/
[...]
Some family members scoff at Reader's assertions, saying if danger remains why hasn't the county, the sheriff's office or the attorney general's office checked on the other surviving child, Brentley Rhoden, 3, who is now living with his mother. Some say Reader's comments have put the larger community on edge -- again.
Brentley Rhoden is the half-brother of Ruger. The toddler was found alive and unharmed in the living room of his father's trailer on Union Hill Road. Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, is the father of both Brentley and Ruger. He was found shot to death alongside his finance, Hannah Gilley, in their bed that morning. That couple's baby boy, Ruger, was found physically unharmed lying between them.
"Ask me how many calls I have gotten to check on Brentley,'' said Samantha Robinson, the toddler's grandmother. "Zero."
"I protect him,'' she said.
[...]
Rosenberger opened last week's hearing to the public, but all others have been closed. All records are sealed, including the judge's gag order in the case, which some family members said has unduly hurt members of a family that has suffered deep loss.
The Pike County Children’s Services Board asked Rosenberger to keep closed all court hearings and seal records related to the ongoing custody of Ruger, now nine months old, and Kylie, now three months old. The Enquirer objected, citing Ohio law that says the proceedings are presumed open.
The children remain in the care of foster parents. Most family members have not been allowed visitation -- including supervised visitation -- with the children since they were placed in state care on April 22. They say they have been told that Rhoden family members remain under suspicion.
The gag order means those family members seeking custody, who have had visitation, can not talk to anyone about the children -- including the babies great-grandmother, Geneva Rhoden.
Some things I found interesting as I read this article. It sounds like LE presume Brentley to be in a safe environment with his maternal side of the family. . On the other hand, Ruger and Kylie have not been cleared to go to either the maternal or paternal side of the family. LE even goes so far as to issue the gag order. To me it appears someone is on their radar big time.

IMO, Childrens Services and LE have some very strong reasons for keeping these children away from certain individuals. A Judge is not going to allow this to continue on some lame excuse, he would want some evidence.

I guess I'm slow. What difference would it make?

I guess I was thinking if it was a female and KR was in a relationship with her, he might not have been going to bed immediately to go to sleep. He might have had his guard down and more vulnerable in that situation too. Also didn't his daughter ask about the gun he normally kept under his pillow? I'm not saying I think this is definitely how it played out, just looking at how it could have.

I guess I was thinking if it was a female and KR was in a relationship with her, he might not have been going to bed immediately to go to sleep. He might have had his guard down and more vulnerable in that situation too. Also didn't his daughter ask about the gun he normally kept under his pillow? I'm not saying I think this is definitely how it played out, just looking at how it could have.
Hmm. Well, I guess we'd need evidence that he was in a relationship; that the woman had the motive and ability to slaughter all those people; that she would turn around and murder the person she was presumably in love with; and that she didn't have an alibi for that night. It's not impossible, but I haven't heard of anybody that fits the bill.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...scoff-pike-county-sheriffs-comments/88507184/
[...]
Some family members scoff at Reader's assertions, saying if danger remains why hasn't the county, the sheriff's office or the attorney general's office checked on the other surviving child, Brentley Rhoden, 3, who is now living with his mother. Some say Reader's comments have put the larger community on edge -- again.
Brentley Rhoden is the half-brother of Ruger. The toddler was found alive and unharmed in the living room of his father's trailer on Union Hill Road. Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, is the father of both Brentley and Ruger. He was found shot to death alongside his finance, Hannah Gilley, in their bed that morning. That couple's baby boy, Ruger, was found physically unharmed lying between them.
"Ask me how many calls I have gotten to check on Brentley,'' said Samantha Robinson, the toddler's grandmother. "Zero."
[...]
Rosenberger opened last week's hearing to the public, but all others have been closed. All records are sealed, including the judge's gag order in the case, which some family members said has unduly hurt members of a family that has suffered deep loss.
The Pike County Children’s Services Board asked Rosenberger to keep closed all court hearings and seal records related to the ongoing custody of Ruger, now nine months old, and Kylie, now three months old. The Enquirer objected, citing Ohio law that says the proceedings are presumed open.
The children remain in the care of foster parents. Most family members have not been allowed visitation -- including supervised visitation -- with the children since they were placed in state care on April 22. They say they have been told that Rhoden family members remain under suspicion.
The gag order means those family members seeking custody, who have had visitation, can not talk to anyone about the children -- including the babies great-grandmother, Geneva Rhoden.
Some things I found interesting as I read this article. It sounds like LE presume Brentley to be in a safe environment with his maternal side of the family. . On the other hand, Ruger and Kylie have not been cleared to go to either the maternal or paternal side of the family. LE even goes so far as to issue the gag order. To me it appears someone is on their radar big time.

IMO, Childrens Services and LE have some very strong reasons for keeping these children away from certain individuals. A Judge is not going to allow this to continue on some lame excuse, he would want some evidence.

I don't know about other places, but I do know about here, and if something is going on with the parent(s), that even the parents may not know about, they will drag everything out til the very end so the child won't go back with a parent(s) who are getting ready to be busted. The local LE works w/them.

Yes, I remember that now! I believe that article stated 3 men were potentially the father but we never figured out the 3rd, or did we? You would think that we would know paternity of Kylie via social media, by now.

I don't think we have the complete picture on the boyfriends. I suspect one not mentioned, but it is not MSM.

[...]
[...]

Who are the parents of Ruger again? I am a bit lost with the children.

Thank you.

Is it possible that the Gilley-Carver family is under suspicion as well? We would not know if they were. they are not talking to the press.

Also, all the 3 families involved are communicating separately, we never see them together in any of the interviews. Do they trust each other?

These kids are under protection. And again, imo, it is not because they were witness.

Thank you.

Is it possible that the Gilley-Carver family is under suspicion as well? We would not know if they were. they are not talking to the press.

Also, all the 3 families involved are communicating separately, we never see them together in any of the interviews. Do they trust each other?

These kids are under protection. And again, imo, it is not because they were witness.

Agree, bc the only child that could have potentially ID'd the perp is not in protective services.

I believe CR and GR were killed last. KR was possibly killed first.

Thank you.

I believe family members trying to get custody of the babies are keeping in touch, just not on camera. I also believe that possibly the hearings with each of the people wanting to get custody of each or both of the babies are separate. Not making a circus of the whole ordeal.
About a year or so before I was born (1959), my parents tried to adopt a girl just a little over a year old. The mom had all five of her kids taken away, and the father was Lord knows where. Mother said in that day and age, the mom was in court and then all the kids had to be present, and the mom was crying and the kids were crying, and they decided it would be too difficult to try and get the little girl and have to go thru all that every time court was held. The mom got the kids back, only to lose them permanently about three years later.
I'm sure one of the main reasons court proceedings have chgd over time is because of situations like the one I just mentioned. I feel certain everybody involved in situations like that agreed the high tension and tears wasn't a good thing for anyone involved, especially the kids.

I have always wondered what transpired with the Gilley kids when they were young. They were raised by grandparents, and other than the obit, I believe they have never been mentioned. And if I remember correctly, they both live in the area.

Thank you.

I can think of a lot of good reasons to keep the public out of the custody hearings--most of them having to do with the fact that kids' lives shouldn't be front page news--even if they are too young to read. The fact that the courts are legally required to be as open as they are bothers me. So--if Reader and CPS are overblowing the dangers just to provide these kids with a tad more privacy, then I would certainly not be the one to complain.

However, I would also suspect that the simple fact of there being so many parties wanting to claim custody, coupled with whatever is known or unknown about what led up to the murders would make decision-makers uneasy.

My firm belief from the beginning has been that these murders were a blow in some turf war. What I have no idea about is what the turf was (although indicators are that it had something to do with illegal activities) and who the players are. Mexican cartels have been suggested. Perhaps. Competing producers? Perhaps. Folks further up the chain who were threatened by some contemplated or actual business expansion? Perhaps? Folks who might have been ratted out (or suspect they were ratted out) by some of the Rhodens trying to protect their own business? Perhaps. Lots of possibilities. And apparently the Rhodens are a very large clan. And very likely connected to others and like all large clans having some internal members lacking in judgment or loyalty.

One thing is certain--LE knows more than I do, even though they may be missing out on some of the big chunks, or evidence needed to file charges. I hope the judge seals the court proceedings, and I hope that CPS does what is needed to protect those babies.

Agree, bc the only child that could have potentially ID'd the perp is not in protective services.

I don't think that little boy could ID anybody. We don't know if he saw anything or was asleep. But a child that young is by no means considered credible. They lack any ability to distinguish between fact and "fantasy," which means when asked they have a very high likelihood of commingling things they actually experienced with stuff that they believe they are supposed to respond. Kids that age operate by "faking it." That is, they are incredible little imitators of everything that goes on around them. That is how they learn. They are trying things. If it works for them they repeat it. If not, they go on to something else.

I believe too. Tell us your perspective about it.
I just feel that there was a lot of loud commotion in the CR and GR murders. So much that nobody would wanna stick around and kill more people next door. I feel that after the CR and GR murders, the perps got the hell out of dodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz