OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the throrey of how they got around the dogs?

That they went to the pound and got a female dog, in heat, and distracted the dogs. I disagree with this theory. One, we have to assume there was a dog in heat to "adopt", Two, that all of the dogs were male, Three, if they were all male, it would just cause a big dog fight and awaken the people that they were there to murder, thus making things more difficult, and Four, they'd have to pack said dog around with them from house to house, and would have to wait for "things" to "end" before being able to retrieve the female dog. I just don't see it. I honestly don't think they had any trouble with the dogs b/c the dogs weren't as awful as LM thought they were, or, at least one of the assailants knew the dogs.

Yep! That's it. I hadn't heard of any family getting to see the children until now.

I'd say the ones who have put in to "adopt" the children, and are going through the approval process, are getting some type of visitation. I know that LM and his wife have applied, I'm guessing a father has, and I'm thinking another grt-granny may have.

That they went to the pound and got a female dog, in heat, and distracted the dogs. I disagree with this theory. One, we have to assume there was a dog in heat to "adopt", Two, that all of the dogs were male, Three, if they were all male, it would just cause a big dog fight and awaken the people that they were there to murder, thus making things more difficult, and Four, they'd have to pack said dog around with them from house to house. I just don't see it. I honestly don't think they had any trouble with the dogs b/c the dogs weren't as awful as LM thought they were, or, at least one of the assailants knew the dogs.

I agree with them knowing the dogs or them not being as mean as they've been portrayed to be. I've got a dog that does her best to appear threatening. And will knock down the baby gate at the bottom of the steps and run upstairs to hide.

I'd say the ones who have put in to "adopt" the children, and are going through the approval process, are getting some type of visitation. I know that LM and his wife have applied, I'm guessing a father has, and I'm thinking another grt-granny may have.

Makes me wonder who all has filed for custody? I know LM has. And there are only 2 kids to adopt. They aren't going to adopt out KR without trying to establish paternity 1st. Right?

That they went to the pound and got a female dog, in heat, and distracted the dogs. I disagree with this theory. One, we have to assume there was a dog in heat to "adopt", Two, that all of the dogs were male, Three, if they were all male, it would just cause a big dog fight and awaken the people that they were there to murder, thus making things more difficult, and Four, they'd have to pack said dog around with them from house to house, and would have to wait for "things" to "end" before being able to retrieve the female dog. I just don't see it. I honestly don't think they had any trouble with the dogs b/c the dogs weren't as awful as LM thought they were, or, at least one of the assailants knew the dogs.
I read, in MSM, that Tony had been to Frankie's oldest sons grandmothers house. It mentioned that they laughed and cried but mostly cried. They promised each other they would stay in touch and see the child. Maybe they are referring to that relationship. Such a tragic story in every direction. ��

Good post, well-reasoned. I agree about the dogs. Had they given the killers any trouble, I imagine the killers were willing to shoot them on the spot.

I agree with them knowing the dogs or them not being as mean as they've been portrayed to be. I've got a dog that does her best to appear threatening. And will knock down the baby gate at the bottom of the steps and run upstairs to hide.

A lot of folks under, or over, estimate their dogs. I've got a "Beware of Dog" sign up at the head of our drive. I've got several dogs, one is a 100+ pound Rottie, and while none have bitten anyone, I err on the side of caution, with the sign, and let strangers decide whether to get out of the car or not.

Makes me wonder who all has filed for custody? I know LM has. And there are only 2 kids to adopt. They aren't going to adopt out KR without trying to establish paternity 1st. Right?

The father of HR's oldest daughter has submitted a paternity test I believe, for her infant daughter. The brother of HG has submitted a paternity test I believe, for HR's infant daughter as well. HG's brother has also filed for her 9 month old son. The Gilley boy has went so far as to find a house to rent for himself and the children should he get them.

LM, and the father (I'm pretty certain that by now the results are back), have put in to adopt HR's baby. If you meant, FR & HG's baby, I think the maternal grt gp, has requested to adopt. However, due to being unwed, there would be the same tests that would be done to establish legal paternity, but those should be completed now as well. I hope I'm within TOS.

The father of HR's oldest daughter has submitted a paternity test I believe, for her infant daughter. The brother of HG has submitted a paternity test I believe, for HR's infant daughter as well. HG's brother has also filed for her 9 month old son. The Gilley boy has went so far as to find a house to rent for himself and the children should he get them.
C Gilley and his sister are sharing the house, as they plan on being a help to each other, especially if they get the two babies.

I'm not saying this to be snarky, but that's a lot to take in. I had to read it three times. I'm pretty sure that LM and his wife put in for custody too, right after the murders, iirc. It's wonderful the little fella has so many people who love and want her, but, if he's a good guy, she should go with her father.

As for KR being one of the killers, I don't see it at this point. Was KR even capable of doing it? Did he have a motive? Could he be that callous? Also, I doubt the other killer would've waited for KR to go to bed before killing him. I mean, if KR had just killed seven close relatives, how soon would he fall asleep? Wouldn't the other killer just snuff KR out as soon as possible and then get out of there? Anything's possible, I guess. But I'd need something solid before I bought into that theory.

What if the other killer was female?

What if the other killer was female?

That's a twist I'd not given a lot of thought to, outside of being a person who provided information, but, I'd not count that out.

There are so many twists and turns in this case, my head feels like a corkscrew!

Yes, I remember that now! I believe that article stated 3 men were potentially the father but we never figured out the 3rd, or did we? You would think that we would know paternity of Kylie via social media, by now.

Yes, I remember that now! I believe that article stated 3 men were potentially the father but we never figured out the 3rd, or did we? You would think that we would know paternity of Kylie via social media, by now.
I think there are only two possible dad's. The guy Hanna was dating has said she was pregnant when they started dating.

The third, that I think people may have gotten confused about, is actually HG's brother, who is wanting custody of his HG's infant and, HR's infant. The father of HR's first child wanted to seek custody of the infant, in addition to the maternal grt-gps. Paternity should have been established by now though.

I went back and reread the article. It says she had 3 on/off relationships. But only mentions the 2 as submitting for testing.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

Thanks for sharing that. I'd not seen it and didn't know about the third person. The tests should be complete by now. It doesn't take long at all. But, whoever ends up with custody, will determine who sees the child, and who doesn't. At least here, anyway, the courts don't enforce any type of sibling visitation. That's left up to the parents to decide.

That's a twist I'd not given a lot of thought to, outside of being a person who provided information, but, I'd not count that out.

I've wondered about a female taking part in this. I ran across two women who are tied to friends of the family, who have military training. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member