NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting article. The video of him getting pulled over is indeed so bizarre. Also CG told the officers he played football and may suffer from CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) I wonder why he would make such a bizarre claim
it is bizarre. CTE can only be diagnosed after death, during autopsy, so I guess it's a claim that can't really be refuted and he "may" think he suffers from it but it's an odd thing to bring up in those circumstnces IMO. More on CTE

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF CTE?
Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy can manifest itself in many ways. In more advanced stages of CTE, psychiatric manifestations occur. These include emotional and behavioral dysfunction, impulsivity, irritability, and poor frustration tolerance. Also, many patients develop depression, anxiety, and possibly even psychotic symptoms, like paranoia or hallucinations. The symptoms of CTE vary between afflicted individuals. A growing number of retired athletes diagnosed with CTE after death died as a result of suicide.

HOW IS CHRONIC TRAUMATIC ENCEPHALOPATHY DIAGNOSED?
CTE can only be definitively diagnosed during an autopsy after the patient has passed away. During the autopsy, doctors will analyze the brain tissue of the deceased who have shown symptoms of CTE. Specifically, doctors are looking for a pattern of tau protein in the brain that can confirm the diagnosis. Although they are not currently able to identify CTE in living patients, researchers are working to develop diagnostic tests to officially identify CTE while people are still alive.
LINK

Is it possible one of the senior Gregors (say mommy maybe) was googling and looking for some explaination for some troubling behavioral or mental health changes noticed in their son and suggested that may be the cause of his "poor frustration tolerance" and his "irritibility" ? So suddenly his bad behavior has an excuse in his own mind.

A sort of "Not my fault. I played football so I probably DO have CTE"

It does seem like convenient timing...
I'm not sure the Court would reveal anyone was sick because that is an invasion of their medical privacy.
This case has already had all kinds of delays.

JMO

Reactions: GRT
he played football and may suffer from CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) I wonder why he would make such a bizarre claim
Oh I didn't catch that at all!!!!! Woah. Good ears! He says it cuz he's smarter than anyone else in the room, wants to excuse whatever behavior he is exhibiting... despite the fact you cannot diagnose this til after death!!!!

He played college football for 1 game in October 2010. Then he got kicked out of Wesleyan so..... unless he was part of some other team we don't know about, I call Beeee Esss.

Oh I didn't catch that at all!!!!! Woah. Good ears! He says it cuz he's smarter than anyone else in the room, wants to excuse whatever behavior he is exhibiting... despite the fact you cannot diagnose this til after death!!!!

He played college football for 1 game in October 2010. Then he got kicked out of Wesleyan so..... unless he was part of some other team we don't know about, I call Beeee Esss.
I guess this excuses CG biting his 6 year old son on the head.
What did CG text Breanna about needing to toughen up Corey...something about soft parts? After all CG did not break any bones.

CG runs, then already making up excuses for abusing his child. Consciousness of guilt times 100. imo

it is bizarre. CTE can only be diagnosed after death, during autopsy, so I guess it's a claim that can't really be refuted and he "may" think he suffers from it but it's an odd thing to bring up in those circumstnces IMO. More on CTE

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF CTE?
Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy can manifest itself in many ways. In more advanced stages of CTE, psychiatric manifestations occur. These include emotional and behavioral dysfunction, impulsivity, irritability, and poor frustration tolerance. Also, many patients develop depression, anxiety, and possibly even psychotic symptoms, like paranoia or hallucinations. The symptoms of CTE vary between afflicted individuals. A growing number of retired athletes diagnosed with CTE after death died as a result of suicide.

HOW IS CHRONIC TRAUMATIC ENCEPHALOPATHY DIAGNOSED?
CTE can only be definitively diagnosed during an autopsy after the patient has passed away. During the autopsy, doctors will analyze the brain tissue of the deceased who have shown symptoms of CTE. Specifically, doctors are looking for a pattern of tau protein in the brain that can confirm the diagnosis. Although they are not currently able to identify CTE in living patients, researchers are working to develop diagnostic tests to officially identify CTE while people are still alive.
LINK

Is it possible one of the senior Gregors (say mommy maybe) was googling and looking for some explaination for some troubling behavioral or mental health changes noticed in their son and suggested that may be the cause of his "poor frustration tolerance" and his "irritibility" ? So suddenly his bad behavior has an excuse in his own mind.

A sort of "Not my fault. I played football so I probably DO have CTE"
My guess is that CG might have experienced a concussion playing a sport such as football and it is possible that is why he stopped playing college football.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Repost of link, since it's related to this cacamaimy claim by <modsnip: name calling> Gregor.

Christopher Gregor, as soon as he moved to Wesleyan, while most kids are getting settled in their dorms and making friends and getting started as adults, this guy wasted no time getting arrested for assault. That's why he only played 1 football game there. ONE.
agreed, I do not think CTE is a factor in this case. But I do feel in the interest of being factual, him playing one college game was probably preceeded by him playing a number of games in HS prior to that. the odds of dveloping CTE are increased each time you play and take a rough hit.

regardles, I think it was just more blah blah blah from Gregor on the day he was pulled over and not something he actually suffers from. It is an excuse for his bad behavior. I find it telling that in addition to him talking about his child's mother being trash and a drug addict he felt a need to toss that CTE stuff into the mix too.

Last edited by a moderator:
agreed, I do not think CTE is a factor in this case. But I do feel in the interest of being factual, him playing one college game was probably preceeded by him playing a number of games in HS prior to that. the odds of dveloping CTE are increased each time you play and take a rough hit.

regardles, I think it was just more blah blah blah from Gregor on the day he was pulled over and not something he actually suffers from. It is an excuse for his bad behavior. I find it telling that in addition to him talking about his child's mother being trash and a drug addict he felt a need to toss that CTE stuff into the mix too.
BBM. I agree. Football is a very injury-prone sport.

That said, I thought the Judge ruled that none of that body cam video will be shown at trial. Did I miss something?

JMO

Interesting article. The video of him getting pulled over is indeed so bizarre. Also CG told the officers he played football and may suffer from CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) I wonder why he would make such a bizarre claim
He was very keen to get laid down the bit about his 'brain injury'.. He tried to get the Tenn. copper to pay attention. I did not catch that he had already made his own diagnosis about it, clever ole Chris,, really, the only way to definitively claim CTE is a sample of brain tissue after death, so surely someone in NJ can arrange this. Usually the symptoms don't show till the late 60's.... two of the symptoms are
  • Changes in mood: They feel depressed, irritable, and/or hopeless, sometimes leading to suicidal thoughts.
  • Changes in behavior: They act impulsively or aggressively or lose their temper easily.

But then, ordinary badtempered , badly controlled people have these symptoms ,also. People who are naturally vengeful and vicious have these symptoms. People who are cowardly and always punch down have these symptoms. People who think they can get away with pushing and shoving children have these symptoms. People who feel resentful and jealous all the time have these symptoms. Illmannered people have all these symptoms and more. People who know they are failures demonstrate these kind of symptoms...... .. I could go on, you know.

He played in HS, I'm only finding that he was a thief in college.....2 cents

Last edited:
He was very keen to get laid down the bit about his 'brain injury'.. He tried to get the Tenn. copper to pay attention. I did not catch that he had already made his own diagnosis about it, clever ole Chris,, really, the only way to definitively claim CTE is a sample of brain tissue after death, so surely someone in NJ can arrange this. Usually the symptoms don't show till the late 60's.... two of the symptoms are
  • Changes in mood: They feel depressed, irritable, and/or hopeless, sometimes leading to suicidal thoughts.
  • Changes in behavior: They act impulsively or aggressively or lose their temper easily.

But then, ordinary badtempered , badly controlled people have these symptoms ,also. People who are naturally vengeful and vicious have these symptoms. People who are cowardly and always punch down have these symptoms. People who think they can get away with pushing and shoving children have these symptoms. People who feel resentful and jealous all the time have these symptoms. Illmannered people have all these symptoms and more. People who know they are failures demonstrate these kind of symptoms...... .. I could go on, you know.

After he is found guilty maybe his attorneys can use the alleged head injury as sentence mitigation, no wait, he would need medical documentation, something liars don't have.

2 Cents

So did the outfit who gave him custody know about it? I just re-listened to dear dad testifying, I missed it before, but several times he mentions "we" got custody. No a-hole, "we" didn't get custody. The guy who went out all hours of the night, leaving Corey ignorant of his father's whereabouts had custody. You know, the guy who bit his kid on the head and passively watched his son get thrown off a jacked up treadmill 6 times. The guy who got arrested for mj in the car or mj paraphernalia (which Imo dear dad was lying about).

Since we have the luxury of re-listening to the entire days of off and on testimony, I give you Day 3

At 2:56:23
CSI Sergeant describes who was present at autopsy, that started at 9AM ON 4/3/21.
Guess who was there????? A Detective Mitchell!!!

The SAME Detective Mitchell that Gregor Grandpa (dad of accused, former NJ state trooper) was calling ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL to attend to his grandson's body!! Hello!

Ding ding, this could be a good indicator of how someone who supposedly knew nothing about how his own son could have died.... especially since he was roaming the freeways of Tennesse & Arkansas..... was actually Google searching terms like these at the indicated times!

4/3/21 3:14pm
What causes rise in blood sugar and white blood cells

4/3/21 3:55pm
Could internal bleeding raise your blood sugar levels

4/3/21 3:56pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen

4/3/21 4:28pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding how pong to die

4/3/21 6:55pm
Can a gastrointestinal bleed be slow

=========

David Gregor (dad, of defendant, former NJ state trooper) said to a Detective Miller, moments after Corey died

"It's an unattended death and, uh, you know, you gonna send somebody over or.... or I should have known, it was Barnegat."

(This is from the proffer, never to jury.)

Last edited:
Since we have the luxury of re-listening to the entire days of off and on testimony, I give you Day 3

At 2:56:23
CSI Sergeant describes who was present at autopsy, that started at 9AM ON 4/3/21.
Guess who was there????? A Detective Mitchell!!!

The SAME Detective Mitchell that Gregor Grandpa (dad of accused, former NJ state trooper) was calling ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL to attend to his grandson's body!! Hello!

Ding ding, this could be a good indicator of how the heck meathead like Christopher Gregor was Google searching terms like these at the indicated times!

4/3/21 3:14pm
What causes rise in blood sugar and white blood cells

4/3/21 3:55pm
Could internal bleeding raise your blood sugar levels

4/3/21 3:56pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen

4/3/21 4:28pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding how pong to die

4/3/21 6:55pm
Can a gastrointestinal bleed be slow
Wasn't it Gallucci's decision not to call Mitchell to confirm all the timing the G's are so mysteriously forgetful about? I bet both defense and prosecution are well aware who passed autopsy info on to the fugitive. Why doesn't it matter? Didn't Gregor's father say they had no communications with cg most of april 3? Actually not sure about that last part, that's how I recall it.

The Judge has already ruled none of the LE body cam video will be shown to the jury.

JMO

Wasn't it Gallucci's decision not to call Mitchell to confirm all the timing the G's are so mysteriously forgetful about? I bet both defense and prosecution are well aware who passed autopsy info on to the fugitive. Why doesn't it matter? Didn't Gregor's father say they had no communications with cg most of april 3? Actually not sure about that last part, that's how I recall it.
BBM. I believe CG was googling terms the hospital ER doctors used over the one hour they tried to save CM's life to no avail. I seriously doubt the autopsy results had been released by the ME on April 3.

JMO

Yes. Any way you slice it, it seems the Gregor family are given the chance to save face. THE LEAD INVESTIGATOR IN THIS CASE ISN'T BEING CALLED TO THE STAND. WHY?

Needing to delve further into his ENTIRE TEXT AND CELL HISTORY would help this jury but instead... they're seeing random snippets! Which make no sense unless you really understand what's happening here.

YES! Mario made that mumbling tirade about deciding not to call Mitchell. It was a stressful day for Mario that day, you could tell. He was irritated at someone.

I found it.
1:36:30 timestamp from Day 8 video from Law & Crime.

"During the break I had the opportunity to discuss uh, we were going to call Detective Mitchell who you know is the lead investigator in this case, I had my client, WHATEVER....... Anyway, we had discussions with Mr Gregor about whether we should or should not call him, in the conversation with me and Ms Farante, um, and then I discussed what I was going to talk to Detective Mitchell about with Detective Mitchell and after that we decided we're not gonna call him as a witness. We're done for the day. "

Last edited:
He played in HS, I'm only finding that he was a thief in college.....2 cents
He had a tendency to break into women's dorm rooms, as well.. ... not into the mens dorm, take note, because that might be painful, ..... His excuse was, it was by accident. Gimme a break. Everyone knows the diff between a womens dorm room and a mens.... He thought he could get away with it. ..

Yes. Any way you slice it, it seems the Gregor family are given the chance to save face.

Needing to delve further into his ENTIRE TEXT AND CELL HISTORY would help this jury but instead... they're seeing random snippets! Which make no sense unless you really understand what's happening here.

YES! Mario made that mumbling tirade about deciding not to call Mitchell. It was a stressful day for Mario that day, you could tell. He was irritated at someone.

I found it.
1:36:30 timestamp from Day 8 video from Law & Crime.

"During the break I had the opportunity to discuss uh, we were going to call Detective Mitchell who you know is the lead investigator in this case, I had my client, WHATEVER....... Anyway, we had discussions with Mr Gregor about whether we should or should not call him, in the conversation with me and Ms Farante, um, and then I discussed what I was going to talk to Detective Mitchell about with Detective Mitchell and after that we decided we're not gonna call him as a witness. We're done for the day. "
All the footage I've seen of the defense attorney in court shows him smiling. I think that is because the entire burden of proof rests with the prosecution and they have yet to prove CG inflicted any of the blunt force injuries that killed CM.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members