MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you locals for your insight.
I just want to express how sorry I am that your community is suffering through this tragedy.

jmo

Thank you. I didn't join WS until this happened. I'm finding it's almost therapeutic in a way to be able to discuss it here and know there are people all over helping to think about this and hope it's solved. So thank you everyone.

This crime is disturbing and sick, and many of us in Southern New England are praying for her family and want this monster found and brought to justice.
Vanessa Marcotte's case reminds me of another horrific crime 11 years ago. On July 19, 2005 19 year old
Pvt. Lavena Johnson was raped and murdered in Iraq- in a tent belonging to private contractor KBR, a Haliburton subsidiary. The Army tried to cover up the crime by claiming suicide but her autopsy report stated "The 5-foot tall, 100-pound woman had been struck in the face with a blunt instrument, probably a weapon. Her nose had been broken, and her teeth knocked back. There were bruises, teeth marks and scratches on the upper part of her body. Her back and right hand had been doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire. Her genital area was bruised and lacerated, and lye had been poured into her vagina. The debris found on her suggested her body had been dragged."
Her killer, suspected to be a fellow soldier or KBR employee, was never found. Where is this monster now?
The vile person who murdered Lavena could very well be back in the US, discharged from service or active in reserves.
Some links to Lavena Johnson's case:
1. http://www.alternet.org/story/129646/lavena_johnson:_raped_and_murdered_on_a_military_base_in_iraq
2. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/782798

I am praying that LE finds incriminating DNA to bring justice and closure for Vanessa Marcotte's family, and for the Johnson family to finally have her killer found and convicted!

No Inthedetails, not local but some cases are particularly interesting to me. I do follow some select cases if I think I may possibly have some valuable input. The cart path where she was found, if I am correct could be a spot that people who grew up in the area would be familiar with. It's a dead end and I would imagine a perp could park a vehicle there and go unnoticed as he lay in wait. Probably not concerned that someone else would pull in there but then left quickly because of the fire or even put out the fire fearing it would draw attention? Perhaps he was familiar with her routine and watched and waited for her. He could have easily parked at the end of the path, killed her and left unnoticed. It's rural there, homes look to be about an acre apart and wooded, dense. All of course just my opinion.

No Inthedetails, not local but some cases are particularly interesting to me. I do follow some select cases if I think I may possibly have some valuable input. The cart path where she was found, if I am correct could be a spot that people who grew up in the area would be familiar with. It's a dead end and I would imagine a perp could park a vehicle there and go unnoticed as he lay in wait. Probably not concerned that someone else would pull in there but then left quickly because of the fire or even put out the fire fearing it would draw attention? Perhaps he was familiar with her routine and watched and waited for her. He could have easily parked at the end of the path, killed her and left unnoticed. It's rural there, homes look to be about an acre apart and wooded, dense. All of course just my opinion.
I agree with you. I'd be willing to bet the cart path has been used by teens for drinking, etc.

Yes,I too have thought she may have went to meet someone or came across someone she knew on that run. She was an avid runner, ran in the Falmouth Road Race and several 5K's. Runners like to maintain their condition and endorphin release.

Yes,I too have thought she may have went to meet someone or came across someone she knew on that run. She was an avid runner, ran in the Falmouth Road Race and several 5K's. Runners like to maintain their condition and endorphin release.
Right now I'm leaning toward it being someone from the area, but someone she didn't know personally.

Exactly ! She went to a private school in Worcester but the local High School ,which students she would have been familiar with having grown up in Leominster. There is a Regional High School that encompasses a few towns. I live in an area that has a Regional High School, the kids all know each other. Add Wachusett Mountain and skiing into the mix it makes for having met a lot of people over the years or at least been seen by a lot of people over the years. " If" it isn't random then I fear this person saw her either the night before at the restaurant or somewhere else. Horrific, all of it.

Well, I definitely believe whoever did this really thought it out. In general, your typical rapist isnt carrying around accelerants or a blow torch needed to light their victim on fire. In fact, I believe most rapists usually don't kill their victims either.

Being from a "W" town in Mass, I know a lot if people with secrets, so just because Ms. Marcotte was a smart, intelligent, and kind person doesnt mean she didnt want her family to know she was going to meet someone.

Also, to burn someone seems very personal to me. Like the FBI agent stated, the killer could have wanted to rid her body of their DNA, but why burn her feet then? I feel like there is way more there, and it seems very, very personal to me.

I would find it hard to believe Vanessa was lured into something by a stranger, because all us M*******s know how standoffish/arms-length we can be towards strangers.

Look at the attempted kidnappings in Westboro and Northboro for example. In both cases the women knew right away something wasnt right, and knew they had to remove themselves from the situation even though in one of those cases the men appeared to be trying to fake a broken down vehicle. Someone who is intending on killing a person and burning their body isnt likely to put off a vibe to a stranger that makes them seem okay. That is a sick individual.

I saw the pictures provided of the path she was found on; is this even slightly obvious to the casual passerby? Makes it seem more favorable someone was lying in wait there...someone would remember a "broken down" car on a road like that otherwise. Im not sure how sparse traffic is on this road though

I saw the pictures provided of the path she was found on; is this even slightly obvious to the casual passerby? Makes it seem more favorable someone was lying in wait there...someone would remember a "broken down" car on a road like that otherwise. Im not sure how sparse traffic is on this road though

Yes. My entertainment growing up there was every Thursday reading the police log in The Landmark. Princeton being the smallest and most rural of the 5 town district, the police calls were always about squirrels in basements, fox acting strange, welfare checks, and suspicious vehicles on rural roads. A broken down car would have gotten a lot of unwanted attention.

Here is info on where exactly the VERY hinky motorcycle crash took place, it was only ca. 2 miles n/e from where Vanessa was found murdered :

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.co...motorcycle-crash-victims-not-linked-princeton

"We did have a motorcycle accident that occurred around 2:45 p.m. at the intersection of Mile Hill Road [and Worcester Road], with a male operator and a female passenger," Albert said Friday. "They refused treatment at the scene, they left and went to the Wachusett Mountain ski area to wash up in the bathroom."

Albert said proving the motorcycle accident did occur confirms the motorcyclists were not involved in Marcotte's death.

So, did the police really rule out this man and woman as suspects only because police could confirm that motorcycle accident did occur ???

I sure hope NOT!

Take a look at this sick psychophatic couple, Anthony Stravato, 25 and his girlfriend Alyssa Lamountain 20.

Could they be identical with the odd motorcycle crash couple ?

Anthony Stravato had just been released from the Adult Correctional Institutions in Cranston, Aug 5th, 2016, 2 days prior to Vanessas murder.
They live in the Providence, RI area ca 60 miles from Princeton.

Here are some quotes from a Aug 10th, 2016 news report:

http://patch.com/rhode-island/eastp...ller-fetish-death-released-jail-amid-warnings

" ill prob be tha next serial killer since i have a serial killer trait," writes Anthony Stravato on Facebook.

Anthony Stravato was convicted of killing animals for pleasure and obsessed with killing and death.

Stravato has also been convicted of threatening and stalking a teen girl over the internet in addition to his horrific crimes against animals.
According to police, he taunted the girl as he spoke about mutilating animals.

According to court records, Stravato kicked a family cat to death before cutting out its eye, beating it with a log and setting it in fire.

Even more horrible info in this Aug 11th, 2016 news report, I´ll provide a quote about the girlfriend Alyssa Lamountain,
because she seems to be as sick as Stravato:

http://crimefeed.com/2016/08/death-obsessed-couple-killed-pets-and-desecrated-graves/

LaMountain herself was just arraigned Tuesday on charges of stealing tombstones from a graveyard.
She is also being investigated further after cops discovered containers holding animal bones at her home during a search.
A report from a witness also states that he found cat paws in a plastic baggie in LaMountain’s fridge

Seems like thise two could easily evolve into a team-serial-killer pair, if they haven't already ?

Here is a link to "The RI DEM has issued an unusual warning about previously convicted cat killer Anthony Stravato and his girlfriend Alyssa Lamountain.
warning letter" :

http://www.golocalprov.com/news/warning-issued-about-cat-killer-released-from-aci

Yes. My entertainment growing up there was every Thursday reading the police log in The Landmark. Princeton being the smallest and most rural of the 5 town district, the police calls were always about squirrels in basements, fox acting strange, welfare checks, and suspicious vehicles on rural roads. A broken down car would have gotten a lot of unwanted attention.

Would a stranger to the area ever find this path? Is it ever used by people for anything? Would she have been 'shortcutting' using it or something?

Sounds like the car was probably hidden in the path. Perhaps this guy pretended to jog along her or ambushed her some way.

Would a stranger to the area ever find this path? Is it ever used by people for anything? Would she have been 'shortcutting' using it or something?

Sounds like the car was probably hidden in the path. Perhaps this guy pretended to jog along her or ambushed her some way.

If there even was a car. I really doubt she was shortcutting using it, being private property and everything. It is very easy to miss unless you are specifically looking for it and know it's even there.

I was wondering that too regarding a car, but LE is insisting on there being a car. Perhaps they found tire tracks or something. I think there had to be something though, carrying a canister of gas and a person's clothes on oneself is going to be weird under any circumstance.

Was passing by this path part of her normal running routine? Are there a lot of runners on this road on the weekend?

I "drove" brooks center by google street view, and definitely see what you're saying. Extremely easy to miss like you were saying. Would a car even be able to make it down the path? Looks really overgrown

I was wondering that too regarding a car, but LE is insisting on there being a car. Perhaps they found tire tracks or something. I think there had to be something though, carrying a canister of gas and a person's clothes on oneself is going to be weird under any circumstance.

Was passing by this path part of her normal running routine? Are there a lot of runners on this road on the weekend?

Could you please provide a link to info where "LE is insisting on there being a car." ?

To be honest with you, I lived there for 25 years and never gave it a second look. Rumor in town is that she was not killed where she was found. I don't know if that means she was killed somewhere completely different, or if she was killed in proximity to where she was found. Again, small town, lots of rumors so don't know if there is any validity to it. I do know that if I was trying to dump something I didn't want to be found, I can think of 1000 other places in town to do so. There are a LOT of back roads that are not paved and seldom get any vehicle traffic.

Yes this path is off her normal route. It is very easy to miss if you are driving but would be more noticeable if you are walking or jogging the road. I wouldn't say a lot of runners but a handful I am sure.

I believe the land is private (may be wrong), and if it is owned by who I think owns it, I guarantee they are not involved. They are a great family who has been in town since I was born there 36 years ago. They are standup citizens and I am sure they are as upset about this as anyone.
Would this family have had a caretaker or groundskeeper who might now have family in the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious