Australia - French tourist goes on stabbing rampage in hostel Qld, 23 August 16

Delusional obsession allegedly behind frenzied stabbing by French backpacker

Smail Ayad, 29, had fawned over Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 21, for several days, telling other backpackers at the Home Hill hostel the pair were deeply in love and married.

The Bulletin understands his obsession with Ms Ayliffe-Chung turned deadly on Tuesday night, after hearing the British backpacker had posed for revealing photos in a magazine and did not reciprocate his feelings.

Up to 30 backpackers witnessed the frenzied attack and tried desperately to intervene, although the Bulletin understands Ayad, a kickboxing champion who has trained in Thailand, allegedly made threats against them and stabbed a hostel employee in the leg.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...k=4a828bb09115cf430cb934ce2395eb0d-1472166177

A French friend told Nine News that accused attacker Smail Ayad posted the following message “minutes before” the stabbing frenzy: “I am a victim. I feel I’m going to die soon. Whoever you are who like me, please follow me. I love everyone.”

A French backpacker who spent three months at the hostel — and left the day before the attack — said the attacker was usually “quiet and calm”, according to The Australian.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...k=4a828bb09115cf430cb934ce2395eb0d-1472166569

It seems to be the case of a mental disorder, could be a personality disorder, these individuals can become delusional under stress. On the news, the hostel owner said SM was worried about his mother and might have to return to France to help her. This might have been the catalyst for his obsession with Mia, the poor young woman wouldn't have been aware of the intensity of his feelings. He's probably had obsessions with women before but for whatever reason, stress, drugs, this time it was fatal for the victim.
SM will not be attending court because he is too violent and can't be subdued, he's attacked and injured several police officers. SM is lucky he hasn't been shot dead, I credit the police officers for this. SM should stand trial and suffer the consequences of his actions. JMO

Smail Ayad, 29, is suspected of developing an infatuation with Mia Ayliffe-Chung, a 21-year-old from Derbyshire, before killing her in a brutal attack at their hostel in Queensland.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16711...of-model-with-striking-resemblance-to-victim/

Cops are now probing his social media, which show he bookmarked dozens of pictures of model Arianny Celeste – a UFC ring girl who bears a remarkable similarity to Mia, the Daily Mail reported.

bbm

Arianny Celeste's photo below for your viewing pleasure.

http://fullhdpictures.com/arianny-celeste-hq-images.html/arianny-celeste-images-hd

CHILLING KILLER WAS OBSESSED WITH UFC MODEL WHO BORE STRIKING RESEMBLANCE TO HIS VICTIM

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Queensland-hostel-stabbing-entranced-her.html

The 'model obsessed' Frenchman charged with murdering a young British backpacker had been 'smoking cannabis' just hours before his frenzied knife attack, police said yesterday.

Alleged killer Smail Ayad also claimed he was a 'victim of a global conspiracy' and believed he was going to die in his final Facebook posts, before he is thought to have stabbed Mia Ayliffe-Chung to death.

Australian police confirmed they were still looking for the motive for the attack, after it transpired Ayad was believed to have been obsessed with a UFC model who bears a striking resemblance to his alleged victim.

He is accused of killing Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 21, in a vicious knife attack in which he is said to have screamed 'Allahu Akbar' (God is great).

Detective Superintendent at Queensland Police Service, Ray Rohweder, said: 'I don't believe there was any romance. Certainly not from Mia's point of view.

Kickboxing champion Ayad, 29, will appear in court charged with the young backpacker's murder, two more counts of attempted murder and twelve counts of serious assault, police said.

British man Tom Jackson, 30, was stabbed 15 times in the face as he tried to save Ms Ayliffe-Chung from a knife-wielding maniac. He is fighting for his life in hospital.

BBM

MAN ACCUSED OF KILLING BRITISH WOMAN HAD THREATENED TO MASSACRE BACKPACKERS IN HOSTAL FOR WEEKS

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...el-weeks-Mia-Ayliffe-Chung-stabbed-death.html

The French backpacker accused of killing a young British woman before embarking on a frenzied knife attack through a hostel had allegedly been threatening to 'massacre' his fellow backpackers for weeks - but they thought he was joking.

Daily Mail Australia can reveal Smail Ayad was allegedly acting strangely for two weeks before the attack, and his ramblings led the other backpackers to give him more space.
It has been claimed his behaviour changed when Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 21, arrived and he became infatuated with her, but Daily Mail Australia understands he had 'not been himself' for days before that.

'They told me he had been talking funny, saying strange things for weeks. At first it was slurred like he was drunk.'

'He had been telling them he was going to massacre them all but they thought it was him being light-hearted.

'They didn't take it seriously because he was such a nice kid, he was always smiling.'

Ayad had been at the hostel since May - and had stayed there for four months last year without incident.
Mia had been there for just over a week and hadn't wanted to do farm work but wanted more time in Australia.

BBM

Hmmm.... acts strangely and utters threats so they give him 'space' but they do not take his threats seriously yet they went to tell their boss at the farm.
IMHO each of this backpackers must have been far more worried privately that they let out in the group. The farmer did not take the hint when the group came to see her.
Choosing political correctness and group think over one's own safety may have fatal consequences.

:notgood:

RSBM

MAN ACCUSED OF KILLING BRITISH WOMAN HAD THREATENED TO MASSACRE BACKPACKERS IN HOSTAL FOR WEEKS

Hmmm.... acts strangely and utters threats so they give him 'space' but they do not take his threats seriously yet they went to tell their boss at the farm.
IMHO each of this backpackers must have been far more worried privately that they let out in the group. The farmer did not take the hint when the group came to see her.
Choosing political correctness and group think over one's own safety may have fatal consequences.

:notgood:

I agree, this man was/is a loose cannon and certainly not a 'kid' fooling around, if we can call it that, ugh. Who cares if he's smiling, he's threatened people's lives, that's not normal. They humoured him, thinking him harmless, while he was plotting to kill them all, this is just so, so sad. No one can prepare themselves for a nutjob intent on killing, it can occur at any moment.
Unfortunately, even if he was reported to the police, he would have been warned and moved on, he would still have killed or at least attempted to harm people wherever he is situated. He needs to be locked away for his entire life, imo.

RSBM

I agree, this man was/is a loose cannon and certainly not a 'kid' fooling around, if we can call it that, ugh. Who cares if he's smiling, he's threatened people's lives, that's not normal. They humoured him, thinking him harmless, while he was plotting to kill them all, this is just so, so sad. No one can prepare themselves for a nutjob intent on killing, it can occur at any moment.
Unfortunately, even if he was reported to the police, he would have been warned and moved on, he would still have killed or at least attempted to harm people wherever he is situated. He needs to be locked away for his entire life, imo.

On top of all that: He was infatuated with Mia, she ignored him, yet they shared a sleeping unit of four for a week.

We have the hindsight of knowing how it all ended, but still: would you happily sleep in a room with someone who was smitten with you while you were not? Not me, I'd demand a different room ASAP.
IMHO it seems that everybody continued on autopliot in this Happy Backpacker Bubble.

On top of all that: He was infatuated with Mia, she ignored him, yet they shared a sleeping unit of four for a week.

We have the hindsight of knowing how it all ended, but still: would you happily sleep in a room with someone who was smitten with you while you were not? Not me, I'd demand a different room ASAP.
IMHO it seems that everybody continued on autopliot in this Happy Backpacker Bubble.

I totally agree, I wouldn't do it, I've stayed in female quarters only at a hostel. Mia naively thought the other guys could keep her safe, and one is now fighting for his life. The psycho kick boxer with a knife was just too much for them, even six police officers where injured. If this had happened anywhere else, he'd be dead now. After reading more about him, I wish he were dead.

FRENZIED STABBING RAMPAGE LASTED FOR HOURS

9Nesw.com.au
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/08/26/19/04/hostel-murder-accused-faces-queensland-court

The owner of the Home Hill hostel says the alleged frenzied stabbing rampage by French national Smail Ayad lasted for hours.

Shelley’s Backpackers owner John Norris said guests at the hostel barricaded themselves inside rooms during the attack.
“It started just after 11pm and probably went through until 2am, 2.30am,” Mr Norris said.
“They were told to get into the room and lock themselves in there.”

Hostel staff said Mr Ayad was due to check out that morning and return to his hometown in France.

“Some people were lucky, and some were unlucky, and that was Mia and Tom,” Mr Norris said.

British man Tom Jackson, 30, remains in a critical condition in intensive care at Townsville Hospital, after he bravely attempted to save his friend and fellow Briton Ms Ayliffe-Chung.
The hostel’s manager, Grant Scholz, 46, was also allegedly stabbed while trying to protect the pair, and required more than 100 stitches.

BBM

I wonder how this could last for hours. Did it take the police that long to arrive? did the attacker leave the premises? or what happened?

Ayad has been charged with one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder, one count of serious animal cruelty and 12 counts of serious assault.

Sadly Tom Jackson, the backpacker who came to the rescue of Mia passed away today.

A British man who was critically injured in a stabbing attack at a north Queensland hostel last week has died in hospital.

Tom Jackson, 30, suffered multiple stab wounds to his head and leg when he tried to save Mia Ayliffe-Chung at Shelley's Backpackers in Home Hill, south of Townsville, last Tuesday night.

Ms Ayliffe-Chung, 21, died in the attack, which left Mr Jackson in Townsville Hospital on life support.

French national Smail Ayad, 29, has been charged with murder and attempted murder over the stabbings.

Queensland police said they would upgrade charges against Ayad in his next appearance at Townsville Magistrates Court on October 28.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...ckpackers-hostel-dies-in-hospital/ar-AAieSEZ?

Oh no...! This is too terrible.

Rest In Peace, Tom Jackson :rose:

Hope the pain subsides ASAP Gigi-G living with severe pain is a nightmare I know what you are going through. Hope you feel better soon and manage to get some sleep.
Thankyou Greg. Still having tests to find the answer to the problem. Spendo alot of time asleep these days. Morphine makes the pain easier to manage but downside is drowsiness. My doc is throwing every test in hopes he gets a definitive answer. But not so far. So we hanging in there lol.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

"A young British backpacker murdered in a bloody knife rampage by a man shouting 'Allahu Akbar' in an Australian hostel was 'living her dream' travelling abroad.

Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 21, from Belper in Derbyshire was attacked on Tuesday night along with a 30-year-old British man who was critically injured.

She had been working as a waitress in Queensland for the last six months after heading to Indonesia to start her travels around a year ago."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/british-backpacker-mia-ayliffe-chung-8693568

View attachment 100180

May Mia Rest In Peace. It's absolutely tragic Mia and her family are in my prayers. I hope the critically injured man survives and fully recovers.
Such a tragedy. Such a pretty sweet girl
And a hero... what IS this world coming too? 😢

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER OF SECOND BRITISH BACKPACKER IN AUSTRALIA

The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-charged-murder-mia-ayliffe-chung-tom-jackson

The man accused of stabbing to death two British backpackers at an Australian hostel has been charged with a second count of murder.

Smail Ayad allegedly murdered Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 21, and Tom Jackson, 30, during a knife attack in a hostel in Queensland on 23 August. Ayad, a 29-year-old Frenchman, had already been charged with killing Ayliffe-Chung.

Ayad was originally charged with attempting to murder Jackson, but following his death at Townsville hospital a week after the incident, the charge was upgraded on Friday.

BBM

MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER OF SECOND BRITISH BACKPACKER IN AUSTRALIA

The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-charged-murder-mia-ayliffe-chung-tom-jackson

The man accused of stabbing to death two British backpackers at an Australian hostel has been charged with a second count of murder.

Smail Ayad allegedly murdered Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 21, and Tom Jackson, 30, during a knife attack in a hostel in Queensland on 23 August. Ayad, a 29-year-old Frenchman, had already been charged with killing Ayliffe-Chung.

Ayad was originally charged with attempting to murder Jackson, but following his death at Townsville hospital a week after the incident, the charge was upgraded on Friday.

BBM

Thank you, ZaZara, very much.

marking my spot

A Brisbane court dropped all criminal charges against Smail Ayad, 30, today after finding that he was of unsound mind when he stabbed Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 21, and Tom Jackson, 30, at the Home Hill Backpackers hostel in August 2016.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...over-killing-of-british-backpackers-trz05zwkj

Four psychiatrists have assessed Ayad, who was initially charged with a raft of offences including two counts of murder.

Criminal proceedings against him were dropped after the court hearing but he will be detained in a mental health facility.

The court heard he will likely be repatriated to France.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...g/news-story/d836d7852414ab9acb3a09b628c9acb2

A Brisbane court dropped all criminal charges against Smail Ayad, 30, today after finding that he was of unsound mind when he stabbed Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 21, and Tom Jackson, 30, at the Home Hill Backpackers hostel in August 2016.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...over-killing-of-british-backpackers-trz05zwkj

Four psychiatrists have assessed Ayad, who was initially charged with a raft of offences including two counts of murder.

Criminal proceedings against him were dropped after the court hearing but he will be detained in a mental health facility.

The court heard he will likely be repatriated to France.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...g/news-story/d836d7852414ab9acb3a09b628c9acb2

Amazing turn of events and motive. Why would he attack a small woman like Mia first? All we heard was that he was smitten with her and somehow this has morphed into:

Ayad, who had smoked up to four joints a day for years before the attack, was under the delusion that 50 local farmers and hostel staff wanted to kill him and would burn his body in a pizza oven.

Why did he kill Mia???!!

IMHO these 4 psychiatrists let themselves be fooled big.

The judge is one of the compassionate kind - compassinate towards the murderer, not the victims:

Ayad jumped headfirst from the first floor balcony, sustaining neck and back fractures in the fall.

He then got up and stabbed the hostel owner’s dog.

“This was an extraordinary action and I think, in the context of all this offending, points to how frightened he was and how ill he was,” Justice Jean Dalton said on Thursday.

IMHO there are ample grounds for appeal, and I hope the prosecutor does just that.

:stormingmad:

Delusional obsession allegedly behind frenzied stabbing by French backpacker

Smail Ayad, 29, had fawned over Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 21, for several days, telling other backpackers at the Home Hill hostel the pair were deeply in love and married.

The Bulletin understands his obsession with Ms Ayliffe-Chung turned deadly on Tuesday night, after hearing the British backpacker had posed for revealing photos in a magazine and did not reciprocate his feelings.

Up to 30 backpackers witnessed the frenzied attack and tried desperately to intervene, although the Bulletin understands Ayad, a kickboxing champion who has trained in Thailand, allegedly made threats against them and stabbed a hostel employee in the leg.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...k=4a828bb09115cf430cb934ce2395eb0d-1472166177

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back