Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, if you plot 25 miles toward Paynesville, the "lush green" area is in the same area I was looking before to try to find Jared's attack location. Very close by.
When I read about the lush green area, my first thought was back to your speculation regarding Jared's attack location.

When I read about the lush green area, my first thought was back to your speculation regarding Jared's attack location.

Yea, it's very close. I had a list of top 3 possibilities. It is either at or near one of them.

I followed this case from the start - I remember when he went missing. I never followed here on WS because the case was just too heartbreaking for me. It's still heartbreaking even now with today's news.

Jacob's mom never, ever gave up. I admire her soooo much. All mothers (and others) stand with her.

So sad, on one hand, I am grateful that the Wetterlings will have Jacob back. On the other hand, I am incensed that there may be a deal that he is not charged with the murder. I wonder if Patty had a chance to talk to him. I wonder if the deal requires him to say what happened and how.

From http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...-fbi-where-he-says-they-will-find-wetterling/

Sources tell WCCO the discovery of Jacob’s remains were part of a plea deal made with Heinrich that prosecutors had been working on for months.

Criminal Defense Attorney Joe Friedberg is not directly involved in the case, but he told WCCO today a deal like this would be rare in a murder case.

Friedberg believes it means Heinrich will plead guilty to the child *advertiser censored* charges and not be prosecuted for Jacob’s murder. As part of the deal it could mean Heinrich serves the rest of his life in a better federal prison.

“I can’t imagine that he said, ‘Look, I’ve done this and I’ve lived with it for so long I’d like to get rid of it,'” Friedberg said. “My guess is some form of immunity was given to him so he would lead them to where Jacob’s remains are.”

Friedberg also says state law states that a victims’ family would first have to sign off on such a plea deal. Meaning, the Wetterling’s would have agreed to this if Heinrich lead authorities to Jacob’s remains.

bbm

The penalty for possessing child *advertiser censored* is not life in prison, though. It's listed as 5 years + a $5,000 fine here:
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/minnesota-law/minnesota-child-*advertiser censored*-laws.html

I'm sure that the quoted defense attorney knows more than I do, but it seem to me that they've got to have more than that going on. Maybe they'll charge him with lesser degree murder (manslaughter?) or something to result in a life sentence?

This is Jared's story on the news
[video=youtube;Xfvs5FCCc3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfvs5FCCc3k[/video]

Tried to listen at the live feed, my PC is going wonky the past 2 weeks, did they state the remains were at:

Wetterling’s Remains Found At Stearns County Farm???

Thanks ~

bbm

The penalty for possessing child *advertiser censored* is not life in prison, though. It's listed as 5 years + a $5,000 fine here:
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/minnesota-law/minnesota-child-*advertiser censored*-laws.html

I'm sure that the quoted defense attorney knows more than I do, but it seem to me that they've got to have more than that going on. Maybe they'll charge him with lesser degree murder (manslaughter?) or something to result in a life sentence?

Heinrich was charged with 25 counts of child *advertiser censored* possession.He will be in there a long time.

Remember Jared Fogle got 15 years and that was with a plea deal on the *advertiser censored* charges, not an unrestricted guilty plea on *advertiser censored* charges in exchange for not bringing murder charges.

As obnoxious as this sounds, I'm assuming this is the situation
1) Everyone knows he did it
2) It's obvious by now the body is extremely unlikely to ever be found
3) Without the body there is no murder conviction. So you can A) not have a murder conviction and have him fight the *advertiser censored* charges and probably plea bargain those down, or B) you can not have a murder conviction, retrieve the body and bring closure, and probably have a longer sentence on the *advertiser censored*.

My heart just stopped at your comment. This **** is getting real now. Poor Jacob. The last moments of his young life must have been hell.

25 miles away. Jesus...what happened during those 25 miles?! Do u suppose he was dead the entire time or...

I think it's probably fairly safe to say that the scenario of the other victim likely played out the same way for J.W. In my mind I like to think it was all over and done with fairly quickly.

bbm

He is charged in federal court. So he is facing federal penalties, not Minnesota penalties.

http://www.kare11.com/news/crime/person-of-interest-in-jacob-wetterling-case/313331994

I think it's probably fairly safe to say that the scenario of the other victim likely played out the same way for J.W. In my mind I like to think it was all over and done with fairly quickly.

I wonder if you're spot on in that it played out just like it did with Jared except for two things that were radically different:
1. Jacob didn't come back alive
2. The attacks seemingly (presumably) stopped after Jacob was abducted

To me, this points to an accidental death. Maybe Jacob tried to exit the car and was fatally injured? Maybe Danny clobbered him over the head to subdue him and accidentally killed him?

Or perhaps he indeed meant to kill him and the pure notoriety of the case and spot on resemblance of the initial suspect drawing (that Jared helped to compose) spooked him into being a semi law abiding citizen (until the whole child *advertiser censored* indulgence?)

Argh. Still so many questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member