GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thinking: WHAT??? Did the witness just prior to this one not testify was NOT blood? :scared: Hope like h-ll the jury isn't as confused as I am. Lots of re reading note taking tonight!

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago
Prosecutor:Next expert witness will testify he believes DNA found in trunk &trunk edge is blood. Hearing now w/out jury #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
Jury sent out, prosecution asking for hearing on nature of the forensic evidence found in Arochi's car #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Fortenberry: Next witness will conclude the fluids collected from the trunk were, in fact, blood. Defense objects. #arochitrial

Per VW tweet, because he has no priors he could get probation from Jury even if found guilty. Dunno aint there yet
But then he's got the charge of sex with a minor, and the immigration hold..

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

They prove intent to kidnap her by proving that he actually kidnapped her. She didn't accidentally fall in his trunk and then remain missing for 2 more years.

Yes, but how? There is no body. And, there is no testimony that she went with him against her will.

Again, this is where I think the evidence is more fitting for a murder charge than aggravated kidnapping.

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 2m2 minutes ago
Witness is Rick Staub. Didn't hear his first name before. #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Outside of jury, Dr. Rick Staub CSI and property evidence manager for Plano Police department takes stand #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 3m3 minutes ago
Defense has motion in limine on source of DNA; prosecution has to hold hearing to get testimony allowed on DNA being from blood #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
So far conflicting/confusing testimony if DNA evidence from trunk is blood. @FOX4 #ArochiTrial
<<<<<THIS!!!

Plano Star Courier &#8207;@planonewspaper 4m4 minutes ago
Dr. Staub, CSI & property unit manager at Plano PD on stand for hearing. Jury still not in courtroom. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis &#8207;@Fox4Natalie 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Dr Staub works for Plano PD @FOX4 #ArochiTrial

L.P. Phillips &#8207;@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Staub reviewed all the CSI reports from Webb and Carnes. #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips &#8207;@lpphillips 3m3 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Staub would testify that the DNA from the trunk was from blood. Def wants to limit his testimony so that conclusion isn't made #arochitrial

Natalie Solis &#8207;@Fox4Natalie 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Judge hearing from Dr Staub now outside presence of jury @FOX4 #ArochiTrial

Ok so we aren't crazy? They DID say there was enough DNA to suggest she didn't survive?

Her mother questioned whether that was the case.

I think what's important about the quantity of DNA is that it was more than you would find from an incidental touch. Christina had significant, prolonged contact with EA's trunk.

But then he's got the charge of sex with a minor, and the immigration hold..

Immigration holds don't mean anything other than they will check with immigration before releasing him, if he is released. It has already been established that he was here legally on a work permit, as was his family.

I am confused as to why they want to say PPD LEO are correct it blood but if I understand the Lab say not? Hope they clear up for me. Glad I not only one confused lol

Her mother questioned whether that was the case.

I think what's important about the quantity of DNA is that it was more than you would find from an incidental touch. Christina had significant, prolonged contact with EA's trunk.
Thank you. I missed the work permit. Guess it was more wishful thinking on my part.
Immigration holds don't mean anything other than they will check with immigration before releasing him, if he is released. It has already been established that he was here legally on a work permit, as was his family.

Here's my thing--evidence of her bodily fluids in the trunk--assault and kidnapping.or did she puke in his trunk? I mean? Do we KNOW for sure she was crammed in that trunk? I want to believe. Help me believe that there is no other reasonable explanation.

Staub: Reviewed various reports done by Bode #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips &#8207;@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Staub: after DNA tests had Bode go back and retest. They didn't find blood. #arochitrial

Alice Barr &#8207;@AliceBarrNBC5 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Dr. Staub reviewed reports from Bode lab in preparation for trial. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

What I wonder, if it was blood, but degraded from EA's cleaning with odoban and the other stuff, carpets in car and trunk shampooed? Would that be enough to degrade it?

Natalie Solis &#8207;@Fox4Natalie 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Staub: says he's aware some tests have determined DNA is from Morris but not blood @FOX4 #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account &#8207;@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Prosecutor laying groundwork that Staub is familiar with all the DNA samples, testing done in Morris case #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier &#8207;@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
Staub: Bluestar, used to locate blood in crime scenes, does not react to other bodily fluids but does react to certain cleaners #arochitrial

Staub: Familiar with the theories about Arochi's car being cleaned. #arochitrial

I am confused as to why they want to say PPD LEO are correct it blood but if I understand the Lab say not? Hope they clear up for me. Glad I not only one confused lol

Hopefully this guy will explain. But my understanding was that the PPD observed a faint blood reaction/indication but the lab consumed most of the sample and couldn't do a reliable test for blood after the DNA testing.

Also, some samples may have had blood and others not.

Alice Barr &#8207;@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Testing was done in that order bc finding a DNA profile was the top priority. After that was found, went back to look for blood #ArochiTrial

Alice Barr &#8207;@AliceBarrNBC5 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Bode labs consumed cotton on swab in developing DNA profile. Blood test done from stick of swab That&#8217;s reverse order from usual.#ArochiTrial

Thank you. I missed the work permit. Guess it was more wishful thinking on my part.

No problem. Understandable. It was talked about like two years ago when he was arrested, so it's easy to forget. It really has nothing to do with the case at hand. At the time of his arrest, his permit was still good. Same as his family. All had current papers to work here legally.

Here's my thing--evidence of her bodily fluids in the trunk--assault and kidnapping.or did she puke in his trunk? I mean? Do we KNOW for sure she was crammed in that trunk? I want to believe. Help me believe that there is no other reasonable explanation.

What other explanation could there be? Especially when you consider EA's statements that he didn't walk with her all the way to car/parked in a different garage/CM was never in his car.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account &#8207;@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
1 of 2: Staub testifies journal research showed that cleaning solutions can cause presumptive blood test to be negative #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account &#8207;@vlwigg 53s53 seconds ago
2 of 2: Blood test negative even when blood there but DNA can still be found from source, according to this research #arochitrial

Alice Barr &#8207;@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Staub: Blue Star does not respond to other bodily fluids. Does react to some cleaning agents & paint. Non-human fluids. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

L.P. Phillips &#8207;@lpphillips 35s35 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Staub: In the case of Arochi, the Blue Star blood test was very feint. Feels the UNT test was conclusive, it was blood. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis &#8207;@Fox4Natalie 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Staub: blue star luminescence very faint...still believes UNT test confirms its blood @FOX4 #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips &#8207;@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Staub: Same with the weather-stripping around the trunk of Arochi's car. #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier &#8207;@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
Staub testifies that he believes the DNA found in the trunk came from blood, both from the mat and the weather stripping #arochitrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member