GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that kind of makes sense:

Positive Bluestar reaction (although faint) + presence of DNA = BLOOD

I just don't think that's a reasonable inference. There's no evidence at all to suggest that. I think the ONLY reasonable conclusion that can be made is she was in the trunk.

I don't really believe this, but ....here's where I could imagine someone coming to that conclusion...please don't crucify me, I'm just saying...

Everyone is high and drunk. Christina's emotions are out of control. She leaves willingly in his car. They stop to "party" somewhere. She was I to hard drugs, so who knows what this entails...

Her tiny body gives out and she slumps over and pukes into EA trunk. Maybe her nose bleeds. No clue what overdose is really like. EA freaks out. Abandons her. Blacks out. Who knows?

I don't think this happened, but I can imagine it almost as easily as him turning aggressive and raping her and stuffing her in his trunk? Ugh. I hate being the one to bring this bs up,Mac I know I'm in a minority. I truly don't believe this, but I can see someone else believing this. Does that make any sense?

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 45s46 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Defense argues faint Blue Star sample indicates it might not be blood. Staub agrees, but says finding human DNA there confirms #ArochiTrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
"A faint bluestar reaction could be indicative of another chemical, but that's not saying it's not blood." - Staub to defense #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Staub says sample from rubber weather stripping "probably blood" bc lots of DNA there & fits w/rest of samples in trunk #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Staub on cross: believes weather stripping is blood bc high concentration of DNA - higher than touch DNA @FOX4 #ArochiTrial

I don't really believe this, but ....here's where I could imagine someone coming to that conclusion...please don't crucify me, I'm just saying...

Everyone is high and drunk. Christina's emotions are out of control. She leaves willingly in his car. They stop to "party" somewhere. She was I to hard drugs, so who knows what this entails...

Her tiny body gives out and she slumps over and pukes into EA trunk. Maybe her nose bleeds. No clue what overdose is really like. EA freaks out. Abandons her. Blacks out. Who knows?

I don't think this happened, but I can imagine it almost as easily as him turning aggressive and raping her and stuffing her in his trunk? Ugh. I hate being the one to bring this bs up,Mac I know I'm in a minority. I truly don't believe this, but I can see someone else believing this. Does that make any sense?

My biggest issue with that is his injuries. I think she fought for her life

IF so:

(1) hold him for ransom or reward; *haven't seen implied yet, still unknown where or what just never heard from again
(2) use him as a shield or hostage; *haven't seen implied yet
(3) facilitate the commission of a felony or the flight after the attempt or commission of a felony; *unsure of what possible felony yet
(4) inflict bodily injury on him or violate or abuse him sexually; *sexually was not able to be testified but little bit of zero evidence (jmho where going on that Statute)
(5) terrorize him or a third person; or *not shown or implied yet
(6) interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function. *not shown or implied yet
(b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly abducts another person and uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the offense. *no evidence of weapon used testified to
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a felony of the first degree.
(d) At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may raise the issue as to whether he voluntarily released the victim in a safe place. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second degree. ****this may be what they are hoping for that EA takes stand and says he let CM out at *advertiser censored*

JMHO, again if this is the correct charging statute. This is what the State has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. @Minor#4 can you help me on this if I am understanding correctly? TIA

ETA from the Collin County Court site BBM Looks like that is the correct Statute http://cijspub.co.collin.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1387104

Charge Information
Charges: Arochi Gutierrez, Enrique Statute Level Date
1. AGG KIDNAPPING 20.04(a)(1-6) PC First Degree Felony 08/30/2014

You're expecting a lot in this early of the trial IMO

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Staub on cross: concedes DNA test is not a confirmatory test for Blood, other tests needed @FOX4 #ArochiTrial

@vlwigg dont think we heard anything specific about the tracker on the car, where did he go, etc.? #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
.@XXXX Correct. Results of GPS tracker and where car went have not been talked about #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
1 of 2: Staub testifies journal research showed that cleaning solutions can cause presumptive blood test to be negative #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 53s53 seconds ago
2 of 2: Blood test negative even when blood there but DNA can still be found from source, according to this research #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Staub: Blue Star does not respond to other bodily fluids. Does react to some cleaning agents & paint. Non-human fluids. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 35s35 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Staub: In the case of Arochi, the Blue Star blood test was very feint. Feels the UNT test was conclusive, it was blood. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Staub: blue star luminescence very faint...still believes UNT test confirms its blood @FOX4 #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Staub: Same with the weather-stripping around the trunk of Arochi's car. #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
Staub testifies that he believes the DNA found in the trunk came from blood, both from the mat and the weather stripping #arochitrial

BBM

I'm very confused with this, I thought we'd learned long ago cleaners/bleach could react with Blue Star causing a false positive, not false negative result?

They just have to prove one of the six areas, matching it with EA's intent (mind set, basically), of course.

One thing about "intent" in criminal trial is that it is ALWAYS something that is inferred, because it goes to what the perp was thinking, and no one can truly know what someone else was thinking at the time. Even if the perp himself testifies as to such-and-such a mindset, you still can't know that this was what he was really thinking at the time of the crime. So the idea that it has to be inferred here, by what else is seen, is no different than any other case.

Also, intent/premeditation do not require a long meditation that preceded the action. It's just separating the difference between whether the jury says it happened on purpose, or didn't.

But nothing so far supports something accidental, and imo the argument can be made - and will be - that "intent" was shown by EA's subsequent actions (his lying, his coverups, his continued and ongoing attempts to keep anyone from knowing what happened to CM, and so on). If it was an accident, you say it early and often and do what you can to mitigate the effect of your actions, and still to this day EA has never done one thing to lessen the damage from his act of abducting CM.

A person is not going to sit in jail and face 99 years in prison for hiding an overdose. If she overdosed it would have been very easy to prove with blood work. There is no evidence of any drug use that night other than prescription drugs. I don't think it's easy to overdose on Adderall.

All that said...possible? Sure. Probable? No not likely.

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 30m30 minutes ago
Defense has motion in limine on source of DNA; prosecution has to hold hearing to get testimony allowed on DNA being from blood #arochitrial

@vlwigg what does this mean?!

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account
‏@vlwigg  Before jury can hear it, judge has to rule it's allowable. So court hears testimony 1st then decides if OK #arochitrial

My biggest issue with that is his injuries. I think she fought for her life

I think she would have. But, please remember, she was not sober.

And the juries sound consistent with being black out drunk to me. If the bite evidence had stood, I'd feel differently, but drunks get a lot of scrapes and bruises, y'all.

And, once again...don't crucify me. I'm just saying, there may be more than one way to seethe same situation, esp if no one can see it.

I wish he would talk. He knows exactly wtf happened.

A detective or SOMEONE did say that the DNA Evidence was in such amounts "she could not have survived." I know they did. Will look up later, unless someone else can come up with where this was stated. I know it was.

Jonni said it here

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...80c-9d2f-11e4-94a7-ff06623ae6a4.html?mode=jqm

“I think the hardest part is knowing there’s a lot more DNA than we thought was in the car,” McElroy said after the hearing. “I won’t believe it until I have proof, but [detectives] are so sure [she is not alive], and that’s what’s so hard. I didn’t know it was enough DNA that my daughter could not be alive anymore.”

But it's not totally clear if someone actually said it or she's assuming that

It makes sense in a vacuum; we could all come up with possibilities about how Christina's DNA got in EA's trunk. But all other possibilities fall apart when you put it in context - all the lies EA told cops, trying to point them away from him (shows consciousness of guilt); injuries to his arms and car; phone pings and toll data etc. if this was some sort of accident or partying gone wrong, he's had two years to make that clear, but he's sticking with the last story he gave police - that she was never in his car and he has no idea what happened to her.

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
.@*advertiser censored* Staub testifying he believes DNA from trunk mat & trunk weather stripping came from blood; defense says NOT blood #arochitrial

THIS is what I mean about Gore, He just KEEPS repeating himself OVER and OVER and re phrasing it and wearing people down......
"are you saying this is blood? Its not is it?"
"Its not blood...it could be...something else...right?"

you get the idea..

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 28s28 seconds ago
Defense asserts no tests confirmed presence of blood; Staub asserts blood is only viable source for that much DNA #arochitrial

Gabriel RoxasVerified account ‏@cbs11gabriel 36s36 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Defense grilling Plano CSI mgr about whether DNA evidence was blood or not #ArochiTrial

Good point, minor4th. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that no one on that jury is as creative as me. Lol.

All of that, plus...

...in America, it only takes one juror to hang a jury.

The standard is beyond a reasonable doubt, not "probably." I think, the defense is doing a good job of getting the experts to say DNA isn't conclusive and/or this is "probably" what happened, not definitively.

I think she would have. But, please remember, she was not sober.

And the juries sound consistent with being black out drunk to me. If the bite evidence had stood, I'd feel differently, but drunks get a lot of scrapes and bruises, y'all.

And, once again...don't crucify me. I'm just saying, there may be more than one way to seethe same situation, esp if no one can see it.

I wish he would talk. He knows exactly wtf happened.

I'm definitely not here to crucify you, these are valid concerns. That being said I have never sustained those types of injuries from being black out drunk, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173