GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Defense trying to get Staub to be specific about the blood stain tests and use of cleaning products used. He is parsing. #arochitrial

My biggest issue with that is his injuries. I think she fought for her life

Yep. Doesn't have any at 3 am but does at 11 am, when according to him all he did in between was go home and sleep.

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
.@*advertiser censored* Staub testifying he believes DNA from trunk mat & trunk weather stripping came from blood; defense says NOT blood #arochitrial

THIS is what I mean about Gore, He just KEEPS repeating himself OVER and OVER and re phrasing it and wearing people down......
"are you saying this is blood? Its not is it?"
"Its not blood...it could be...something else...right?"

you get the idea..

That's his job. Otherwise, he'd be working in the DA's office.

You're expecting a lot in this early of the trial IMO

Respectfully, I did say not yet. And it is 3:27 pm on day 7 so JMHO it not early still. Again jmho

Edit to add, I did not mean that to come across as snarky

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Defense pressing Staub on his conclusion that cleaning agents caused tests to show neg presumptive tests for blood @FOX4 #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Staub on cross: Plano pd did not test trunk if cleaning agents were used therefore defense questioning Staub conclusion@FOX4 #arochitrial

I think what's important about the quantity of DNA is that it was more than you would find from an incidental touch. Christina had significant, prolonged contact with EA's trunk.

IOW, the evidence is showing he put her IN HIS TRUNK.

There's no such thing as pre-meditated or "heat of passion" kidnapping.

The intent requirement is that the perpetrator abducted the person knowingly or intentionally. You can't abduct someone accidentally or negligently.

That's his job. Otherwise, he'd be working in the DA's office.

I know its his job, Im explaining what its like to experience being in his presence to people who are just reading twitter, dude.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Staub testifies Camaro trunk was extremely clean when police processed it, believes cleaning products used #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Defense: "There are no eyewitnesses that there were any cleaning products used in that trunk?" Staub: "No." #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Defense: Staub's conclusion only assumption that cleaning products altered results based on products found at Arochi home@FOX4 #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 59s60 seconds ago
Defense asks what scientific evidence exists that cleaning products used in trunk - just that it clean, cleaners in house trash #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Defense: "And your assessment is based on assumption cleaning products were used in trunk?" Staub says partially. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Defense: So your assumption that cleaning products were used is part of the info you relied on to say DNA source was blood? Y #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
Staub: conclusive test for blood is called "hemotrace" #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Defense arguing Staub's testimony that samples from Arochi's trunk are blood is based on assumptions not evidence. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Gore is actually making this doctor's conclusion seem stronger by this questioning.

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 28s28 seconds ago
.@xxxx Correct. Blue Star can react with cleaners. But if it were just cleaners, there would be no DNA there #arochitrial

bingo.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Judge: My DNA is my DNA, regardless of which cell it is coming from, right? Staub: Yes. #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 43s44 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Judge asks Staub whether swab from rubber trunk edge being dark gray means anything. Staub says color likely from black rubber. #ArochiTrial

One thing about "intent" in criminal trial is that it is ALWAYS something that is inferred, because it goes to what the perp was thinking, and no one can truly know what someone else was thinking at the time. Even if the perp himself testifies as to such-and-such a mindset, you still can't know that this was what he was really thinking at the time of the crime. So the idea that it has to be inferred here, by what else is seen, is no different than any other case.

Also, intent/premeditation do not require a long meditation that preceded the action. It's just separating the difference between whether the jury says it happened on purpose, or didn't.

But nothing so far supports something accidental, and imo the argument can be made - and will be - that "intent" was shown by EA's subsequent actions (his lying, his coverups, his continued and ongoing attempts to keep anyone from knowing what happened to CM, and so on). If it was an accident, you say it early and often and do what you can to mitigate the effect of your actions, and still to this day EA has never done one thing to lessen the damage from his act of abducting CM.

No, intent not "ALWAYS" inferred. That is why there are different degrees of punishment for deaths: murder one, murder two, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide...and on and on because not all deaths were the result of premeditated intent. And, sometimes, there is no intent at all for death, yet a death occurs, such as involuntary manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide.

Murderers often threaten people beforehand that they are going to kill them. Or, they keep a journal or a list of names. That is premeditated, and hasn't been proven here. Here they are trying to show the intent for SB transferred to CM...otherwise, there is no reason to even include SB in the testimony beyond that she went out with the group.

The witnesses were asked several times about EA's actions/feelings RE: SB because the prosecution must prove up their "jilted by SB, took it out on CM" theory that they used to get the grand jury to indict.

But, you are patently incorrect to assert that intent is "ALWAYS" inferred. Intent is sometime clear, sometimes not. And, sometimes, there is no intent at all and things go wrong. Criminal law is replete with examples of "crimes of passion" cases.

Ok, here's is my other issue. And I don't really believe this either, but bear with me.

If it's only 6 drops of blood's worth of DNA, then is it fair to consider the possibility of her being alive? That she was kidnapped (EA to blame) but perhaps she WAS sold off to the cartel or some mystical witchcraft group or something and is being held as a sex slave?

A part of me would rather find her like this than find her deceased, so what does this evidence give us? Hope? Or is that just super dumb?

As an actress and artist, I know people are all very different and full of different life experiences and emotions. It's hard to predict a jury. What if there is that one person who just can't see past these things?

Ugh. I truly apologize. I wish my brain didn't work this way too. It seems like it might be more relaxing to be like you, mr SteveS. I do respect your even temper. I'm all over the place with this damn trial. Sigh...

I don't think my empath qualities make me a good pretend juror.

...either that or EA has a really good defense team that is good at mucking up the works! That's entirely possible. And, in the end, that's their job.

On thing is for sure, if he is convicted, it can't be overturned on the common assertion that his attorneys didn't provide a vigorous enough defense. Seems to me that they are certainly giving a vigorous defense...which, in my opinion, will make an appeal less likely to succeed.

What possible bases has prosecution not covered that the defense just let go by? None that I can see, so far. This would be an excellent case for young attorneys or law students hoping to go into criminal defense or prosecution to observe.

Yep, I really agree with this observation. It's been a textbook process by the defense in the way they've approached this. But there's only so much you can do when the evidence is stacked so high against your client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear