GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 51s51 seconds ago
Judge is sitting. Pondering. Prosecutors are talking to themselves. Defense silent. #arochitrial

Judge is apparently still thinking about whether to allow this testimony

Am I correct in assuming the reason that the judge and the prosecutor keep trying to stop the defense attorney from going down the "no proof of sexual assault" road is not only because it means EA's other sex-related stuff can be brought in, but really because it sets the defense up for grounds to appeal? Meaning, the defense failed the defendant because he opened that line of inquiry? I'm sure the prosecutor would LOVE to go down that road, there's some juicy stuff there, but he realizes the defendant will likely win an appeal based on "bad defense." I hope my question makes sense...

Am I correct in assuming the reason that the judge and the prosecutor keep trying to stop the defense attorney from going down the "no proof of sexual assault" road is not only because it means EA's other sex-related stuff can be brought in, but really because it sets the defense up for grounds to appeal? Meaning, the defense failed the defendant because he opened that line of inquiry? I'm sure the prosecutor would LOVE to go down that road, there's some juicy stuff there, but he realizes the defendant will likely win an appeal based on "bad defense." I hope my question makes sense...

Yes, it would give him a good case for "ineffective assistance of counsel" and could result in a mistrial.

I think I"m more anxious about this than knowing what was in the olive jar

Yes, it would give him a good case for "ineffective assistance of counsel" and could result in a mistrial.

Thanks! I'll bet this defense attorney is wishing all that other sexual stuff wasn't an issue! LOL

He's not on trial for the other sex-related stuff, so it wouldn't be allowed. He's being tried for aggravated kidnapping here.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Good thing Judge Rusch explained to jury my theory that attorneys don't know what a clock is.15 min hearing lasted 1hr so far #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Defense argues Staub is part of @PlanoPoliceDept which doesn't have a lab he's not currently part of independent accredited lab #ArochiTrial

Hannah VanHuss Davis ‏@hannahdinhd 2m2 minutes ago
Can Rick Staub w @PlanoPoliceDept testify DNA found comes from Morris' blood? That's the Q judge, defense & state must answer #arochitrial

Don't you know the jurors want to get online/tv/print/talk radio and find out what happen when they get home? HOPE THEY DONT

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
Jury out of courtroom for about 1 hour. Judge said this was to be a 15 min hearing, but said attorneys can't tell time. #arochitrial

He's not on trial for the other sex-related stuff, so it wouldn't be allowed. He's being tried for aggravated kidnapping here.

Right. I understand that. I was trying to make sure I understand why the judge and the prosecutor keep stopping the defense attorney from talking about "no sexual intent." Defense brings it up, judge and prosecutor stop him. Minor4th answered too, so I believe I understand correctly.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 41s42 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Judge: no expert will tell you DNA came from this type of cell or that type of cell #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 54s55 seconds ago
Judge: no expert can say what kind of cell DNA came from #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Rusch: State want this to be Morris's blood. Defense wants it to be a transfer of blood. Its blood or it isn't. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Judge: If Blue Star faint because not blood, then it's cleaning agent but defense argued no evidence of cleaner used #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 41s41 seconds ago
Judge: Other sources of DNA haven't been excluded #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 43s43 seconds ago
Judge: Expert testimony so far is that DNA not from secondary transfer because amount is too great to be just touch DNA #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Judge: But other sources of DNA have not been excluded thru testing either #arochitrial

Looks like judge is not allowing Staub to testify about his conclusion

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Judge Not going to let Staub opine this is blood. #arochitrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads