Deceased/Not Found CA - Baki Dewees, 3 weeks old, left with his parents from Palmdale, parents arrested in Ogden, UT, w/o him, poss dead, 3 May 2024

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
14815720_051424-kabc-baby-landfill-split-img.jpg

PALMDALE, Calif. - A three-week-old Palmdale boy who has been missing for more than a week is presumed dead, after his parents left the state without him. Authorities tell FOX 11 that they are searching for the boy's remains in the Antelope Valley Landfill.

The baby, Baki Dewees, was reported missing on May 3, after leaving a Palmdale home with his parents.

More at Missing 3-week-old Palmdale boy presumed dead; deputies searching for remains

The case came to the attention of Sheriff’s Department officials after the infant’s grandmother made a missing person report sometime around May 8.

Deputies responded to the 2300 block of Carolyn Drive in Palmdale regarding her call, according to a news release. Camacho said the matter was forwarded to the department’s Homicide Bureau a day later. On Tuesday, he said it was still too early in the investigation to release information about why officials believe the child is dead or how it is suspected he died.

More at Palmdale landfill searched for missing infant's remains; parents arrested in Utah

Palmdale, CA, to Ogden, UT is almost 700 miles.

Google Maps

ABC7 reported the infant is 3-week old Baki Dewees, who has been missing since May 3, and was last seen with his father, 24-year-old Yusuf Dewees. The baby’s mother and father are in custody in Utah on unrelated charges, the sheriff’s department said.:mad:

PALMDALE, Calif. - A three-week-old Palmdale boy who has been missing for more than a week is presumed dead, after his parents left the state without him. Authorities tell FOX 11 that they are searching for the boy's remains in the Antelope Valley Landfill.

The baby, Baki Dewees, was reported missing on May 3, after leaving a Palmdale home with his parents.

More at Missing 3-week-old Palmdale boy presumed dead; deputies searching for remains

The case came to the attention of Sheriff’s Department officials after the infant’s grandmother made a missing person report sometime around May 8.

Deputies responded to the 2300 block of Carolyn Drive in Palmdale regarding her call, according to a news release. Camacho said the matter was forwarded to the department’s Homicide Bureau a day later. On Tuesday, he said it was still too early in the investigation to release information about why officials believe the child is dead or how it is suspected he died.

More at Palmdale landfill searched for missing infant's remains; parents arrested in Utah

Palmdale, CA, to Ogden, UT is almost 700 miles.

Google Maps
A child that tiny, a search area that large, it would take a miracle for him to ever be found.

I'm so sorry, little one. You deserved so much better. You deserved to live, and if you had to die, you deserved respectful treatment after death.

MOO

"During the early stages, the investigation transitioned from a missing child search to a death investigation," the department said.

The statement also confirmed that the boy's parents — who have three other children — were both arrested and are being held in custody on charges unrelated to the missing boy.

Jail records show that the mother, Roselani Gaoa, 25, was arrested on April 16 — just two days after Baki was born — on charges of intentional child abuse, reckless child abuse and aggravated child abuse. Both are being held in Ogden, Utah, north of Salt Lake City,

The baby's father, Yusuf Dewees, was arrested on May 7 on charges of obstruction of justice and making a false statement to be used at a preliminary hearing, the records show.

There has so far been no indication of what evidence led police to the landfill site.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...andfill-site-mother-arrested-child-rcna152317

"During the early stages, the investigation transitioned from a missing child search to a death investigation," the department said.

The statement also confirmed that the boy's parents — who have three other children — were both arrested and are being held in custody on charges unrelated to the missing boy.

Jail records show that the mother, Roselani Gaoa, 25, was arrested on April 16 — just two days after Baki was born — on charges of intentional child abuse, reckless child abuse and aggravated child abuse. Both are being held in Ogden, Utah, north of Salt Lake City,

The baby's father, Yusuf Dewees, was arrested on May 7 on charges of obstruction of justice and making a false statement to be used at a preliminary hearing, the records show.

There has so far been no indication of what evidence led police to the landfill site.
Police searching for body of newborn baby in landfill site after mother arrested on child neglect charges
I am confused on the timeline of the moving between Ohio, California and Utah. I had assumed the baby was born in Utah with him only being a few days old when the mother was arrested at a Utah shelter and baby was not there.But that makes no sense since they are searching a Palmdale landfill.
Articles state they went from Ohio to Cali. and I guess then Utah after things did not work out for them and father wanted to go his own way (nice!). Did the father stay in Cali or did he go to Utah with the family? Where the other children with Mom or Dad? I am assuming the baby was not with here in Utah?

Wait! Did they go from Ohio to Cali. then Utah and then father went back to Palmdale California?
How does a young couple, first with 3 kids and mom pregnant and then with 3 young kids and a new born, able to move around long distances in a short time?

Sorry for my confusion maybe it is just me today but can someone put this timeline better for me? Much appreciated!

Baki Dewees was born on April 14 and has been missing from Palmdale, Calif., since May 3, according to a flier shared on Facebook by his great aunt. She claims Baki was last seen with his father, Yusuf Dewees.
Where is Baby Baki? Parents Arrested as Police Search Utah Landfill for Missing Calif. Infant

Police searching for body of newborn baby in landfill site after mother arrested on child neglect charges

So the mother as arrested two days after Baki's birth and charged with abuse but NOT against Baki? Looks like she was arrested on the 16th in Utah but the baby wasn't missing until May 3rd per family. Dad was last with baby in Palmdale, landfill in Palmdale is being searched, but dad was also eventually taken into custody in Utah on May 7. Neither parent is currently charged with Baki's disappearance or suspected death.

What a confusing case.

I am confused on the timeline of the moving between Ohio, California and Utah. I had assumed the baby was born in Utah with him only being a few days old when the mother was arrested at a Utah shelter and baby was not there.But that makes no sense since they are searching a Palmdale landfill.
Articles state they went from Ohio to Cali. and I guess then Utah after things did not work out for them and father wanted to go his own way (nice!). Did the father stay in Cali or did he go to Utah with the family? Where the other children with Mom or Dad? I am assuming the baby was not with here in Utah?

Wait! Did they go from Ohio to Cali. then Utah and then father went back to Palmdale California?
How does a young couple, first with 3 kids and mom pregnant and then with 3 young kids and a new born, able to move around long distances in a short time?

Sorry for my confusion maybe it is just me today but can someone put this timeline better for me? Much appreciated!
If they didn't have a car, perhaps they rode freight trains. Union Pacific has a big yard in Ogden UT. Trains passing through there would go to Los Angeles.

I take it the mother was sitting in jail in UT while the father was taking care of the baby. He then went to Cali, at which time the baby died and was disposed of, he then returned to UT where he too was arrested.

If he was riding a freight train he may have thrown the baby from the train anywhere.

JMO

I know the baby was last seen in Palmdale, CA. Parents arrested separately for abuse not relating to Baki in Utah. I missed the Ohio connection

I know the baby was last seen in Palmdale, CA. Parents arrested separately for abuse not relating to Baki in Utah. I missed the Ohio connection
Maybe there is family in Utah and Ohio and grandfather in California? Where were the other children during all of the moving back and forth, with family members?
So if the mother was arrested in Utah a couple days after birth and fathers was with baby 3 weeks after in California, did he go back to Utah where the thread title states he was arrested or was he arrested in California because article said he went off on his own meaning he abandoned family?

I apologize for all of my questions just trying to get a picture of events. Maybe more info will come out.

A detective who spoke with Eyewitness News would not say whether the baby's remains have been found or what led them to believe he is dead.

Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives combed through trash at the Antelope Valley Landfill for the remains of missing baby Baki Dewees.
Search suspended for missing baby's remains at SoCal landfill; infant's father a suspect *how could he/they?!?!!!
I am thinking maybe LE is not sure where the baby could be because of being fed misinformation and a lot of travel this baby could be anywhere between Utah and California.

If they didn't have a car, perhaps they rode freight trains. Union Pacific has a big yard in Ogden UT. Trains passing through there would go to Los Angeles.

I take it the mother was sitting in jail in UT while the father was taking care of the baby. He then went to Cali, at which time the baby died and was disposed of, he then returned to UT where he too was arrested.

If he was riding a freight train he may have thrown the baby from the train anywhere.

JMO
If some of the travel was during her pregnancy or if other kids were in tow then I think not. I am guessing family was paying for gas if they had a working car. I am guessing they were moving between family members and maybe left other children with family. I hope anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaelie
Back