Original newspaper items/articles

I'm trying to find Charleston News & Courier/Charleston Evening Post archives to see if I can find anything on the murders. Will update.

mayfairlight, Thank You for the newspaper articles.
I noticed one article was from a Akin S.C. paper that is about a 100 miles away from the murders and (ONE) 1 year and 2 days (Aug. 1977) after the murders.

The other 2 articles was from High Point, N.C., 180 miles away...2 weeks to a month After the murders in 1976

I still have a question as to, Where are any S.C. papers reporting/describing these 2 brutal murders in Aug. 1976???

Are these all the articles on the murders you could find?
I right- clicked the articles to make them large enough to read...thanks again for your good work and research!

I have only read one of the articles and have already learned a little more about our Jock.

The following is the new information I found important.
Sumter dentist that checked Jocks mouth and teeth say He was in the process of having a "complete mouth restoration", with several Thousand Dollars $$
worth of root canals, tooth caps and bridge work.
The Dentist say the job was about half finished..

With Jock's mouth/teeth restoration only half complete, would Jock not been returning to have the job completed?
A Dentist, that did this excellent work, should remember this young man with his neat shoulder length hair...and question WHY Jock didn't return.

Our Mystery couple was buried on a Sunday in a Methodist Cemetery in Oswego, a small town north of Sumter..
I'm wondering if Jock's father was a Dr of DENTISTRY???

He had to be a hockey player with so many damaged teeth and athletic scars at such a young age.

But then again - if he was from a wealthy family or his father a Dentist, then why did his teeth get so detiorarated in the first place?

Was his ring a school or athletic ring?

I don't think I posted this before...
__aa.jpg

edit: it was published January 1977
This article says that the gun found was linked to the bullets found in ONE of the victims.

That's odd.

I'm wondering if Jock's father was a Dr of DENTISTRY???

He had to be a hockey player with so many damaged teeth and athletic scars at such a young age.

But then again - if he was from a wealthy family or his father a Dentist, then why did his teeth get so detiorarated in the first place?

Was his ring a school or athletic ring?

The ring is a star sapphire, they were popular back then; my dad had one.

This old article has an accompanying picture of the crime scene.

It shows a Detective making tire tread castings from the tread marks left at the murder scene.

Have the type of tires and what sort of vehicle they would go on, ever been released?

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...&pg=1940,4395151&dq=unidentified+bodies&hl=en

Great find!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8091976TheSumterDailyItemTwoYouthsFoundSlainNearI95Crop.jpg
    8091976TheSumterDailyItemTwoYouthsFoundSlainNearI95Crop.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 76
"I know who they are, and 1976 is not the year they died."
I just happened to notice this quote from a post. What does that mean? If they died prior to 1976, would it be possible to preserve the bodies and dump them in 1976 as in using a freezer? Wouldn't the coroner have noticed if this happened? Strange!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back