The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I suppose that is possible but to me it sounds like everyone is in the same room and reacting to each other when the voices are recorded. I think if PR was in another room saying those things, there would be even more static.

I think it could explain why Patsy's call didn't disconnect when she hung up, JR doesn't know and is still listening on the extension but with a hand covering and muffling the voices.

There is a preview clip at the end of the show (for part 2) where Burke is being interviewed and the interviewer asks, paraphrasing here "do you have any secrets" and Burke says "if I did, I wouldn't tell you", cant remember exact wording but thats the gist. This shows me Burke was quite astute and would have been able to keep his mouth shut.

I suppose I'm interested in the angle of the parents and their apparent comfort that he wouldn't let something even tiny and seemingly innocuous slip.

I suppose I'm interested in the angle of the parents and their apparent comfort that he wouldn't let something even tiny and seemingly innocuous slip.

That's a fair point.

The Ramsey's were left with two choices that day, send Burke away with a family friend or keep him there. Perhaps they thought it would be better for Burke with a family friend then take the chance the police might question him if he stayed. With only two choices they went with the one that posed the lowest risk. Also his story was pretty simple to state and stick by, "I was asleep" so that would shutdown questioning pretty quick if fleet asked.

So how have they ruled out whether PR or JR did it? I can't watch this show in the UK.

Nothing and no one has been ruled out/in in episode 1. It's been a meticulous rehash of timeline and evidence.

They said JR disappeared for 1½ hrs while the police were at the house that morning. If PR and JR were covering for Burke, they would have kept him close to home instead of right away sending him to the Whites.

I've always thought the Ramsey's covered for Burke because they didn't know at the time that 9-year-olds couldn't be charged with murder.

Once their lie/coverup started, it was too late to fess up because, at this point, they were then all GUILTY of a crime.

I hate to think about kids being killers but sadly, there are some pretty disturbing kids out there. And even worse, there are parents out there who cover up or make excuses for their "perfect" little angels.

They said JR disappeared for 1½ hrs while the police were at the house that morning. If PR and JR were covering for Burke, they would have kept him close to home instead of right away sending him to the Whites.

If Jon had really been murdered by a kidnapper they would of kept him at home one would of thought as you would of been prettified he would also be snatched. But nope they shipped him off so the police could not ask him any questions IMO

Exactly what I was thinking and he whacked her on the head with something handy. Then the coverup. But the garrote that wasn't really a garrote? I don't know whose idea that was or if BR was that mad. I just can't fathom how it all played out.

My new theory is that the garotte was in place before the blow on the head. I think it was fashioned by BR as part of a game he was playing with JBR. I think he convinced her to wear it. She did so, not knowing the intent. Maybe BR was going to pretend strangle her and not really hurt her initially. He may have read something or seen something in the movies that he wished to re-enact to some extent. At some point, JBR decides she wants no more of this, or perhaps BR does hurt her. That's when he strikes her with the hammer. Then after a bit he, or someone else actually tightens the garotte. Game over. JMO.

I was stunned about the kid hitting the skull. BUT it needed to be done to show that it is possible. I also take into consideration there wasn't a brain underneath the skull, which would have also made an impact causing the fracturing. I believe they just wanted to show the skull hole that was left that matched the original hole. IF they had had a brain in there also, it would've also fractured imho. Rewatching now to make sure there wasn't a "brain" in the skull.

The problem I had with the demonstration using the flashlight to hit the skull was:

1. The posterior fracture ran all the way to the base of the skull and iirc it did not run that far on the photo available on the Internet that's said to be JonBenet's skull.

2. They either didn't show whether there was an anterior fracture or else I missed it.

You could set up a machine that would hit glass panes all day long with the same force from the exact same angle. You will never get two panes of glass to break identically. What is important is that the demonstration showed:

- a rectangular displaced piece that matched the size of the flashlight head
- severe cracking of the skull
- skin was not broken
- a 10 year old could indeed muster the force to cause this head wound

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...d-fbi-agent-jim-clemente-20160919-grjj11.html

"Hopefully the documentary will build enough groundswell support to get the District Attorney's office to resolve the case. With Serial and Making a Murder, justice had moved forward because of those documentary series."

the point is does he want to?

New witnesses came forward, evidence was re-examined and an exact replica of the wealthy Ramsey family home was built just for the purpose of the docu-series.

"All these things coming together helped us find new evidence and helped us better understand the evidence from before. Our team got together, we argued it out, and we came up with one comprehensive theory."

My theory is that Patsy and John murdered her together, it was planned by both, and it was to cover up the head blow (how the head blow occurred I haven't theorized yet).

They had a pact - we're in this together. One had something to hold over the other and vice versa, neither had a clear conscience, despite appearances to the contrary.

Does anyone know if I can watch this in the UK?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/jonbenet-ramsey-case-of-murder-suspect-named-003047334.html

In the trailer for The Case Of, you say, “This little girl’s homicide to this date has not been resolved. In my opinion, I think we can change that right now.” In the end, were you able to do that with this re-investigation?

The answer is yes, with a caveat that putting handcuffs on someone, in my estimation, would be the ultimate end, and, of course, convicting that person in a court of law. Whether that happens or not is up to other people above and beyond the seven experts who worked on this show. I feel safe and very confident to say that when the seven of us sat around the table in the final day of shooting, and we put all of our information together — all the evidence we learned, some old, some brand new, some reinforced by newer technologies and science — we feel very firm and very much convinced [about] who it is we’re going to name at the end.

@bold

confused here.....
cant be BR cause he cant be charged?
confused....
maybe I am misunderstanding

I have a hard time believing BR did it. I don't know if he would have been dispatched to the White's house where he could very easily blab and then this whole ransom thing is immediately blown, and then go back to school like normal and have psychologist intervention etc. Would they trust him to maintain this huge charade?

Also, breaking the paintbrush etc and making a garotte seems too sophisticated for a 9yr old.

Several things here:

1) It would have been a far greater risk to have him stay, and risk getting questioned/observed by police.

2) The prospect of going to jail is utterly terrifying to a 9-year-old. That would be more than ample motivation for him to NEVER admit his wrongdoing to ANYONE, even as a 9-year old child.

3) In fact, new interview footage teased last night shows BR being interviewed by cops. When asked if he had any secrets, he tells the cop "I'm not telling you."

4) If BR ever blabbed at the Whites (not likely, IMO, for the reasons stated above), the Ramseys are still in a win-win situation. Let's say he eventually cracks.... his parents are guilty of a cover-up, they are not likely charged due to the enormous sympathy of parents simply being motivated by "not losing their other child." BR never cracks....they all get away with it and the Ramseys don't lose their son. By adopting a cover-up for their son, it's a low-risk, high-reward strategy. The other option is having BR confess, and the end result is they gain nothing and not only lose their other child (they probably didn't know at the time that BR could not have been tried for murder), but intense media scrutiny focuses on a highly dysfunctional family. Therefore, a cover-up for their son is the most rational course of action.

I've always thought the Ramsey's covered for Burke because they didn't know at the time that 9-year-olds couldn't be charged with murder.

Once their lie/coverup started, it was too late to fess up because, at this point, they were then all GUILTY of a crime.

I hate to think about kids being killers but sadly, there are some pretty disturbing kids out there. And even worse, there are parents out there who cover up or make excuses for their "perfect" little angels.

The problem with BDI is that there is no reason for them to continue to cover for Burke. Certainly by the next day they've contacted their lawyers and have been informed the Burke is safe from prosecution. One does not continue to risk being charged with murder to avoid being charged with lesser crimes such as evidence tampering or obstruction of justice. If it were BDI then John and Patsy would simply have confessed to staging the scene to protect Burke. Again they aren't going to risk being charged with a murder they did not commit.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/jonbenet-ramsey-case-of-murder-suspect-named-003047334.html

In the trailer for The Case Of, you say, “This little girl’s homicide to this date has not been resolved. In my opinion, I think we can change that right now.” In the end, were you able to do that with this re-investigation?

The answer is yes, with a caveat that putting handcuffs on someone, in my estimation, would be the ultimate end, and, of course, convicting that person in a court of law. Whether that happens or not is up to other people above and beyond the seven experts who worked on this show. I feel safe and very confident to say that when the seven of us sat around the table in the final day of shooting, and we put all of our information together — all the evidence we learned, some old, some brand new, some reinforced by newer technologies and science — we feel very firm and very much convinced [about] who it is we’re going to name at the end.

@bold

confused here.....
cant be BR cause he cant be charged?
confused....
maybe I am misunderstanding

Or PR because she's deceased.

TOTALLY understand now why JR said this was the last interview.if the cbs show names the killer the media will explode.this time he cant spin it anymore.cant wait to see their reaction IF there will be one.me thinks this time they will hide.

The problem with BDI is that there is no reason for them to continue to cover for Burke. Certainly by the next day they've contacted their lawyers and have been informed the Burke is safe from prosecution. One does not continue to risk being charged with murder to avoid being charged with lesser crimes such as evidence tampering or obstruction of justice. If it were BDI then John and Patsy would simply have confessed to staging the scene to protect Burke. Again they aren't going to risk being charged with a murder they did not commit.

Both children wet the bed. BR was highly disturbed (smearing feces, etc...). Jonbenet was most likely being sexually abused.

So it is obvious that their motivation was not only protecting their other child, but trying to hide from the public their family dysfunction.

So yes, there is plenty reason for them to continue with a cover-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74