The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when he would of got a chance to smear poo over the candy as they would of stunk the room out ?

Based on the videos taken by police after JB's body was found, the house was cluttered and messy. The basement was certainly a mess. I would guess that the kids and Patsy did very little cleaning up, and it was all left to the housekeeper. I imagine it was chaotic, and Burke's room was kind of messy. Sounds like Patsy may have been depressed or her mind on other things at the time. Feces in a room would probably gone unnoticed.

Anyone think the Dr. Phil interview was a way to score some cash to tide BR over for a long while? Does he even work?

I also thought it was very beautiful & poignant when the two investigators left flowers at JBR's grave at the end, :(

Sibling rivalry among kids is a powerful thing. Burke almost lost his mother a few years earlier, and as soon as she recovered he pretty much was pushed aside by Patsy's almost obsessive behavior over JonBenet and the pageants. All indications are that John was focused very much on work and not around the kids much. A "normal" kid would probably suffer from some pretty strong jealousy. Burke was by all accounts an introvert who kept to himself, so he also may not have had as many distractions - friends, sports, etc. - as other boys his age. And it would seem he had some mental health issues as well. Not that we'll ever know the extent of them as his medical records were sealed.

Sibling rivalry can be very strong, and i could of died when my brother tried to smother me with a pillow when we were kids and i couldn't breathe. I managed to whack him in the nose and make him scream in pain and he let go of the pillow. My parents came running into the room and i got a hiding for giving my bro a bloody nose.
My friend years ago had twin girls and had to lock their bedroom door because her son would go into their bedroom to bite them.

If PR and JR really believed there was this sadistic, creepy, child killer kidnapper that snuck in there home wouldn't they be afraid to stay in the home and he would possibly come back to kill them and their son? I would be very afraid to be in my house alone after my daughter was murdered by a stranger especially at night. Did they install any sophisticated alarm system new break proof windows in the basement being a murderer still at large out there who wanted $118,000? I'm not buying it they knew who the killer was that's why they continued living in their home and not talking too police.

Did they ever stay in the home again? I thought they stayed with friends and then moved to Atlanta, but my 50-year-old brain may be "misremembering."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and they wouldn't have left BR ALONE in a bedroom if they thought there had been an intruder.

If they believed as the note said that JB had been kidnapped then they would think the intruder had left the home by then with JB.

I remember the David Westerfield case someone linked earlier.

DW had never entered the inside of the Van Dam home before yet he was able to enter undetected and go up a flight of stairs and remove Danielle from her bedroom without anyone in the home being the wiser. He not only came into the safety of their home he didn't leave one piece of evidence of himself behind showing he had ever been there.

As an aside:

I will never believe the unknown male DNA came from the person who made the panties at the manufacturer and conveniently wound up in exact places where the murderer would have to touch JBs clothing. They were found in specific areas consistent with the murderer touching them in pertinent locations.

I don't understand either why some seem to be so dismissive of touch DNA when it has been successfully used to solve many other cases. It is a credible forensic tool used in many cases and it has stood up in court appeals as being credible evidence of guilt. The shedding of the skin cells found would have to be fresh as they will easily be removed by friction or others touching the same items after the original touch. The FBI knows this all too well and that is why the foreign male DNA has been entered into CODIS. If the FBI thought this DNA was only artifacts they would have never filed the unknown male DNA in the CODIS system hoping to get a hit one day.

I wanted to update this post because my memory was not clear on what exactly LW said. I re-watched the interview on Dr Phil and this is his exact statement:

Have any of you ever heard another lawyer talk this way? It's so unprofessional, as are his tweets.

I am uk based so somebody put part 1 up last night and I am hoping part 2 will go later. I will keep a eye on the scene you mention

Yeah, it is very telling. It was either the female phych doctor or the male person who was interviewing him because there were 2 different interviews they showed interviewing the boy and in one of them the adult purposely had put candies out for the boy and BR was fooling with them and getting his hands on almost all the pieces.

It showed how he could have done something to JBR candies because he seemed the type to be jealous of her chocolates she may have gotten as a present from someone and maybe JBR told him he couldnt have any or something like that.

I kind of feel sorry for the Ramseys as they must have had quite a handful with trying to discipline BR and JBR. I think they were much more trouble for them than the ramseys let on.

Did they ever stay in the home again? I thought they stayed with friends and then moved to Atlanta, but my 50-year-old brain may be "misremembering."

That is the way I remember it. They never spent another night in their home which is highly understandable.

IMO

Im thinking JBR snatched a piece of the pineapple from BR's bowl and went about her business. BR stewed over it for a while until he blew up, then took action. Something is really not right with him.

I don't think we have any way of knowing if that's what really happened. No, JonBenet's fingerprints weren't on the bowl and maybe the pineapple in her system came from her "stealing" a piece from Burke. But the fight, assuming there was one, may have started over another reason. The investigators seemed to be tossing that out as one possible scenario only.

I also doubt the re-enactment with Patsy in the scene. I think it's more likely that kids were alone downstairs while Pasty packed up on the third floor. She did not want those kids out of bed - they had to be up early. Very doubtful she would have have fed them (and as she herself testified, she would never have used that huge fancy spoon!) Her fingerprints on the bowl could have come from taking it out of a dishwasher some time previously. And had Patsy witnessed an attack, I think her first instinctive reaction would have been to call 911 without thinking twice. I think it's more likely Burke alerted his parents sometime later, when JonBenet appeared to be beyond help. I don't know if he garroted her or not. It seems an advanced thing for a not quite 10 year old to do and fits more with "look a rampaging pedo intruder did it" staging, but I do think John and Patsy saw no hope for JonBenet when they started the cover up.

Im thinking JBR snatched a piece of the pineapple from BR's bowl and went about her business. BR stewed over it for a while until he blew up, then took action. Something is really not right with him.

It does seem like some time had to pass from grabbing the pineapple to the hit in the head. It wasn't found in her mouth.

I'm thinking the CBS theory was reckless - the Ramsey's may have a very good case for a lawsuit.

I suspect Lin wood. [emoji23]

All I can say is if I ever needed a civil attorney it would be Lin Wood.

I will never forget how he stood up for Richard Jewell who was a totally innocent man. Richard wasn't only innocent..........he was a hero.

If the Ramsey's are innocent then I would love to see how guilty people behave!

I am dubious that LW is going to be able to sue CBS, especially since BR has willingly come forward to do interviews and this officially makes him a public figure.

If he does sue, this is going to backfire even more than the interviews done on Dr Phil. There is a good possibility BR will have to take the stand and answer for the discrepancies of his statements and the statements made by LW and the Rs the last twenty years (like the claim of being in bed the entire night of JBR's murder, then later admitting he got out of bed to play with a toy). He is bringing MORE attention to BR, and MORE attention to the BDI theory. As an outsider looking in, I probably would not have even started reading about this case if BR had not done the interview on Dr Phil. Had BR not done the interview, I probably would have missed the CBS special altogether and read about it in passing somewhere else.

LW is melting down about suing people, but hasn't looked at how his own behavior is making the Rs look bad, especially since he admitted on Dr Phil to using the threat of legal action to get what he wants.

Is it at all possible that LW might be doing this intentionally as the result of a guilty conscience?

I think he is as slimy as a defense attorney can get, and I realize that sabotaging the case might create some damage to his reputation, but what are his motives now? He's older, extremely wealthy (thanks in large part to this case), and I'm hearing that JR's wealth has dwindled to a shadow of what it was back then (thanks in large part to LW). Could LW have a heart after all and be trying to expose what really happened while still appearing to be on JR's side? That sort of acting and manipulation is not at all far from character. Just a thought!

It does seem like some time had to pass from grabbing the pineapple to the hit in the head. It wasn't found in her mouth.

I'm thinking the CBS theory was reckless - the Ramsey's may have a very good case for a lawsuit.

Yes that's true.

If the Ramsey's are innocent then I would love to see how guilty people behave!

Innocent of what? I don't think they killed her. And i definitely don't think they're innocent of a cover up though and deflecting from what really happened.

I still think the kids had a snack which Burke served and then they went down into the basment to play as Burke had his trains down there and was there wrapped presents under a tree down there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member