GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I am getting little bit worried now that this email came out. WA, IMO, is a mental case to begin with and I am worried that she will become totally unhinged mentally after this and do something stupid rather than let Dan have the last word (in her mind). I think I better take a break from this case as I'm getting tooooooooo into it."

I agree with you. The release of this email is enough to push an already questionable mind over the edge. It's incredibly disturbing to me and brings to mind the case of Susan Powell and her children. Came to a devastating conclusion and I hope this case doesn't end the same way.

~ Elizabeth

Thinking of Dan's family. May their strength continue and may they be given justice and peace.

This is a no bond case. SG, LR and KM were not granted bond. If the As are arrested I can't imagine any judge treating them differently.

I agree, especially since they have the resources to flee.

Thinking of Dan's family. May their strength continue and may they be given justice and peace.

So devastating for them and the boys. IMO all of the A's are Evil not just narcissistic and they have completely destroyed the lives of the 2 children they claim to love. Can't wait until they are in jail!

So devastating for them and the boys. IMO all of the A's are Evil not just narcissistic and they have completely destroyed the lives of the 2 children they claim to love. Can't wait until they are in jail!

A loving parent would not destroy her children's lives the way Wendi Adelson has, in my opinion. How dare she make the decision for her boys that they will never have a relationship with their father again.

To purposely take away the parent of a child forever is a special kind of evil.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Email-396995721.html
If the A’s have not already done so, the release of the 9/30/16 email from RM to GC probably spurred the A’s to make their own “tight plan for emergency placement” of the children. They likely already have plans, perhaps with her brother in NY.

If WA is arrested, she doesn’t instantly lose custody of her children. WA will get to decide where they go, at least initially. WA has probably worked out these details with her attorney.

It’s wonderful that Dan’s parents are arranging for “emergency placement”, especially if WA hasn’t made plans for her children if/when she is arrested.

I wonder if DCF has yet been involved, or if they will only become involved on day of arrest.

Welcome to Ws Forest Hill!
Hoping everything moves swiftly and smoothly and that the boys are safely in the arms of the family who truly loves and deserves to have them.
My heart goes out to the Markel family and wish them continued strength at this critical time.

Hypothetically, if WA is convicted of murdering DM and is sentenced to life in prison, does she automatically lose all rights to her children? Assuming the kids are raised by the Markel grandparents, can she demand that they bring the kids to visit in prison periodically?

Hypothetically, if WA is convicted of murdering DM and is sentenced to life in prison, does she automatically lose all rights to her children? Assuming the kids are raised by the Markel grandparents, can she demand that they bring the kids to visit in prison periodically?
Grounds for the termination of parental rights may be established . . .
When the parent of a child is incarcerated and . . .
The incarcerated parent . . . has been convicted of first degree or second degree murder in violation of s. 782.04.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0000-0099/0039/Sections/0039.806.html

The 2016 Florida Statutes
PROCEEDINGS RELATING TO CHILDREN
39.806 Grounds for termination of parental rights.—
(1) Grounds for the termination of parental rights may be established under any of the following circumstances:
. . .
(d) When the parent of a child is incarcerated and either:
1. The period of time for which the parent is expected to be incarcerated will constitute a significant portion of the child’s minority. When determining whether the period of time is significant, the court shall consider the child’s age and the child’s need for a permanent and stable home. The period of time begins on the date that the parent enters into incarceration;
2. The incarcerated parent has been determined by the court to be a violent career criminal as defined in s. 775.084, a habitual violent felony offender as defined in s. 775.084, or a sexual predator as defined in s. 775.21; has been convicted of first degree or second degree murder in violation of s. 782.04 or a sexual battery that constitutes a capital, life, or first degree felony violation of s. 794.011; or . . .
3. The court determines by clear and convincing evidence that continuing the parental relationship with the incarcerated parent would be harmful to the child and, for this reason, that termination of the parental rights of the incarcerated parent is in the best interest of the child.

there is a case here in CA where the mother, her new bf and another man kidnapped and murdered the father over a custody battle. the mother was also of rich and powerful parents. the court pretty much post haste ordered the children be turned over to the paternal grandmother, mom's rich parents appealed and were denied. Im sure it will pay out in court, but its possible that WA's best laid plans will be derailed. evil should not prevail.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Email-396995721.html
If the A’s have not already done so, the release of the 9/30/16 email from RM to GC probably spurred the A’s to make their own “tight plan for emergency placement” of the children. They likely already have plans, perhaps with her brother in NY.

If WA is arrested, she doesn’t instantly lose custody of her children. WA will get to decide where they go, at least initially. WA has probably worked out these details with her attorney.

It’s wonderful that Dan’s parents are arranging for “emergency placement”, especially if WA hasn’t made plans for her children if/when she is arrested.

I wonder if DCF has yet been involved, or if they will only become involved on day of arrest.

Katie's docket just updated today with:
NOTICE OF APPEARANCE NOTICE OF APPEARANCE PLEA OF NOT GUILTY AND DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL[/TD]

Katie's docket just updated today with:
NOTICE OF APPEARANCE NOTICE OF APPEARANCE PLEA OF NOT GUILTY AND DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL[/TD]

Uuuuggghhh. I was so hoping she'd sing like a canary after a few days in jail. :singing:

Uuuuggghhh. I was so hoping she'd sing like a canary after a few days in jail. :singing:
Patience. She'll get there. The grand jury hasn't issued a first degree indictment against her yet, right? When that happens and they start talking about the death penalty she'll fold faster than a cheap lawn chair in a hurricane.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lengthy.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-fsu-slain-professor-discovery-20161008-story.html
New evidence shines light on slaying of FSU professor

Police quickly located Wendi Adelson, who was out at lunch with two friends. Once she was inside an interview room, police explained that her ex-husband was on life support in the hospital.

"I don't know who would be angry enough with him to do something like this," she said while crying during a recorded police interview. "My ex-husband caused me a lot of grief, but I would never do something like this."

"I would be investigating Charlie Adelson," Jeffrey Lacasse, a professor in the College of Social Work at FSU, told an investigator during a recorded interview in July 2014. "If you got in front of this guy, he'd set off your radar. He set off my radar."

Lacasse said Charlie Adelson hung out with unsavory people.
"He's a dentist and he's very wealthy, but he kind of hangs out with people from both sides of the tracks," he said during the interview. "You know, he goes boating in South Beach with his rich buddies and he also goes to his gym with some other kinds of characters."

Early in the investigation, people close to Markel and Wendi Adelson shared their concerns about the Adelson family with authorities.

Tamara Demko, Markel's long-time friend, told investigators she drove to Adelson's house as soon as she heard the news and felt a strange tension when she saw Adelson's parents, whom she knew.

"There's just things that don't feel right to me," she told an investigator during a recorded interview the day after Markel was shot. "[Wendi Adelson] opened the door and she looked really calm. ...[Her mother] seemed appropriately upset, then her dad, who I've met a couple dozen times in Coral Springs and up here, he gave me this look. ... It was awkward and it never had been before. That really bothered me."
rbbm.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/10/the-dan-markel-case-a-most-interesting-email/ The Dan Markel Case: A Most Interesting EmailBy DAVID LATOct 14, 2016 at 6:42 PM
Notice how he writes up the timeline from the email to the confession being public (by the way his reporting seems entirely based on other news outlets AND on the good insights appearing here before he writes up his gossip blog] but he never mentions his shameful reporting after 20/20 aired that they were wrong that a confession is coming. People in the loop knew, and real reporters were cautious. But Lat is no reporter.

I wish there was a link to the entire Jeffrey Lacasse interview. I don’t recall this tidbit about WA switching her phone………
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-fsu-slain-professor-discovery-20161008-story.html
Lacasse later told investigators that Wendi Adelson said she switched her phone a few days after the shooting because she thought police had bugged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny