GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang. I know I can't link anything from Facebook. Most of you are aware CA and his current girlfriend June went to Cancun recently. I used to roll with a group of friends that included June way back in the day, and I'm Friends with her and a several of her friends on FB. Her and CA are definitely out and about regularly including traveling. Just interesting to me. CA is for the most part active on FB.

Mods please let me know if I should bite my tongue when it comes to discussing Facebook.

Hey gang. I know I can't link anything from Facebook. Most of you are aware CA and his current girlfriend June went to Cancun recently. I used to roll with a group of friends that included June way back in the day, and I'm Friends with her and a several of her friends on FB. Her and CA are definitely out and about regularly including traveling. Just interesting to me. CA is for the most part active on FB.

Mods please let me know if I should bite my tongue when it comes to discussing Facebook.
It's funny you should mention that. On JU FB a couple weeks ago, she showed where they were in Mexico and it didn't appear to be Cancun or a resort. Wish I'd have taken a screen
shot because that map has disappeared.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

It's funny you should mention that. On JU FB a couple weeks ago, she showed where they were in Mexico and it didn't appear to be Cancun or a resort. Wish I'd have taken a screen
shot because that map has disappeared.

Some pictures show her and CA at Fish Spa which is most definitely in Cancun (among other obvious 'give away' pics that show them in Cancun). Most of her posts at that time appear to be GPS tagged by Facebook as being in Cancun, Mexico.

Some pictures show her and CA at Fish Spa which is most definitely in Cancun (among other obvious 'give away' pics that show them in Cancun). Most of her posts at that time appear to be GPS tagged by Facebook as being in Cancun, Mexico.
That's what I meant. It was GPS tagged. But that specific map is gone. I was wondering if he was looking for a place to....run away to.

I noticed that a lot of people were on this thread last night....late. I was unable to sleep because I'm so worried about those boys.

The video clip that's associated with this article is interesting.

Wendi made a mistake confiding in Lacasse in 2013. I like very much how they play the interviews simultaneously of Lacasse and Wendi side by side. The video contains new verbiage of the police interviews with Lacasse where he told them Wendi said: "Can I tell you something confidentially?..."

She strategically tells the police that Charlie joked, most likely in an attempt to get ahead or cover her tracks knowing there was potential Lacasse would relay this crucial bit of info down the line. The side by side comparison makes it crystal clear that Wendi is not truthful during that interview.

The video clip that's associated with this article is interesting.

Wendi made a mistake confiding in Lacasse in 2013. I like very much how they play the interviews simultaneously of Lacasse and Wendi side by side. The video contains new verbiage of the police interviews with Lacasse where he told them Wendi said: "Can I tell you something confidentially?..."

She strategically tells the police that Charlie joked, most likely in an attempt to get ahead or cover her tracks knowing there was potential Lacasse would relay this crucial bit of info down the line. The side by side comparison makes it crystal clear that Wendi is not truthful during that interview.

not sure if anyone has commented on this already - remember how in the podcast WA describes her inability to show sadness when appropriate - she smiles and she laughs at the funeral of a father of a friend or something like that and doesnt show when she is upset? Then in the police interview, which she probably rehearsed in the mirror for weeks prior, she bursts out on tears on cue, too fast, too loud, no shock effect. How out of character WA.

not sure if anyone has commented on this already - remember how in the podcast WA describes her inability to show sadness when appropriate - she smiles and she laughs at the funeral of a father of a friend or something like that and doesnt show when she is upset? Then in the police interview, which she probably rehearsed in the mirror for weeks prior, she bursts out on tears on cue, too fast, too loud, no shock effect. How out of character WA.
There is another place where I think we can see some "duping delight" on WA's face. When they have her stand for a picture. If you watch closely she starts to smile then goes to sad face. It's out of place and nothing has occurred (or at least we can tell from the limited amount of footage) for her to be smiling. Watch closely.

Shared sentiment!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...July-2014-3-*Arrests*&p=12773626#post12773626
After seeing the tearful reaction to news that DM was shot and likely to die, wondering why, considering that WA admitted in the podcast, her usual response to bad news is to smile?
Did WA originally smile at the news about DM, perhaps compelling her to explain a response in the podcast anecdote?
Or, was she shocked into upside down world by DM's murder? (" A frown is just an upside down smile " and vice versa)
speculation, imo.
http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/the-m...speaks-part-3/
"I think this face is a kind of mask that I wear out of a life of endless practice, like a kind of muscle memory for the face. I can even remember one time learning that a friend’s father had died, and upon hearing the news, I smiled. It was a bizarre reaction since I loved my friend and her dad very much. We were 13 and I remember him making pancakes for us many a Sunday morning after a few of us had slept over. More than 20 years later, I still feel like a freak show thinking back on
that moment".
It’s interesting to see Wendi acknowledge how she sometimes has odd or arguably inappropriate reactions to things. Is she trying to defend herself, consciously or unconsciously, against her critics in this case?
[video=youtube;_rg7EWDwRD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rg7EWDwRD0[/video]

Wendi's blabbing about Charlie's hitman joke seems less bizarre in light of Lacasse's comments, which she rightly anticipated. I'll join the chorus of those who think her performance during the police interview was insincere.

Katie's docket just updated today with:
NOTICE OF APPEARANCE NOTICE OF APPEARANCE PLEA OF NOT GUILTY AND DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL[/TD]

i'm not surprised by this. it's standard procedure to plead not guilty initially. LR did the same thing. it buys everyone time in order to negotiate a plea deal. i still think KM needs a new, local attorney before we see a plea deal.

this case kind of reminds me of the Karen Slover case except that these in-laws did the wet work themselves -

Murder of Karyn Hearn Slover

Police then began to suspect that Michael Slover Sr and his wife Jeannette (Karyn's ex-mother- and father-in-law) had performed the murder over custody issues, as Karyn had expressed interest in moving away to pursue her modelling career and take her son Kolten with her. Before arresting the Slovers the investigators had a veterinary geneticist perform a DNA analysis on the animal hairs found on the duct tape, which was matched to hairs retrieved from an animal brush that had been used on the dogs Slover kept on his business property.[2] The police used this evidence to arrest the Slovers, which would be later thrown out during an appeals process by the Slovers.[1] The Slovers, which included their son Michael Slover Jr, were all arrested with the charge of first degree murder, although Michael Sr and Michael Jr were both given the additional charge of attempting to conceal a crime. Michael, Jr. had been at work, which was confirmed, but he repeatedly called his parents that day, which made him a suspect in concealing the crime.

On May 18, 2002, the Slovers were all found guilty of first degree murder and were later sentenced to 60 years in prison, with both Michael Jr and his father receiving an extra five years for the charge of concealing a crime.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Karyn_Hearn_Slover

you can watch the full episode here -

Forensic Files - Season 11, Ep 8: Concrete Alibi

[video=youtube;6LwYh9MPPdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LwYh9MPPdA[/video]

Is WA getting tickled in this school interview? Lol,
[video=vimeo;43182324]https://vimeo.com/43182324[/video]

Just goes to prove that Wendi and co will forever be cast under this suspicious shadow by acquaintances like this one that met her at the Weakest Link:

https://gentlyhewstone.com/2016/06/11/wendi-adelson/#more-8214

"[FONT=&quot]A few days ago I was perusing headlines at Instapundit when I saw [/FONT]this one[FONT=&quot]: “NEWS FROM FLORIDA: Wendi Adelson Discusses Her Ex-Husband Dan Markel’s Murder.” It took me a moment to remember where I knew that name from: 14 years ago, she and I were contestants on a TV game show called [/FONT]The Weakest Link[FONT=&quot]."[/FONT]

Tamara Demko, Markel's long-time friend, told investigators she drove to Adelson's house as soon as she heard the news and felt a strange tension when she saw Adelson's parents, whom she knew.

"There's just things that don't feel right to me," she told an investigator during a recorded interview the day after Markel was shot. "[Wendi Adelson] opened the door and she looked really calm. ...[Her mother] seemed appropriately upset, then her dad, who I've met a couple dozen times in Coral Springs and up here, he gave me this look. ... It was awkward and it never had been before. That really bothered me."

I always thought HA was out of the loop, maybe protected because of his illness, but now I wonder, could CA have confided in him? Maybe it's just paranoia on my part and Tamara Demko's too.

There is another place where I think we can see some "duping delight" on WA's face. When they have her stand for a picture. If you watch closely she starts to smile then goes to sad face. It's out of place and nothing has occurred (or at least we can tell from the limited amount of footage) for her to be smiling. Watch closely.
Found it, you are right!

imo, speculation.
After "the break"pt 2, @ 1:40
Also @ 5:10 WA says about JL " I can see why he is a good suspect"
http://abcnews.go.com/US/fsu-law-pr...aims-brother-talked-killing/story?id=42065242

I don’t get it.

LE picked WA up while she was having lunch.

But it was also stated that she called Donna from the station at 7pm or so.

So did she sit in the police station for 5 hours while Dan was in the hospital?

So hubby is shot and barely alive but you have the patience for a 5hour interview?

Is this correct of the interview on the day of the murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member