GUILTY OH - Marion Co., WhtFem Skeletal 672UFOH, 18-22, along rural road, Mar'07- Dana Nicole Lowrey

NAMUS exclusions bumped to 50 today, but I don't see Danielyelle added or Riggsby. I copied the current exclusion list this time so I will be able to tell who they added next time!
Only other "D" name I could find listed that was a possibility based on age and date of disappearance is this young lady, Danielle Arion Bell:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3316dffl.html
And she doesn't strike me as a likely match.

Any thoughts on this possibility:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2687dfon.html
Dana Zelic - missing from Canada

It's possible. It's only 5 or 6 hours drive from Hamitlon, ON and where she was last seen to Marion, OH. There is also an Ontario, Ohio. Maybe she told Shawn she was from Ontario and he thought she meant the one in Ohio? Because he said she was somewhere else in Ohio...but then since he kept her ID for a while it seems like he would notice if her ID said Canada. Then again, there is no reason to trust anything he says. I say go ahead and submit it. It's worth a shot.

Has Lisa Douglas been suggested yet? She used the Alias/nickname Darla Douglas: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25065/

Excellent find. She has not been excluded and her NAMUS says she moved between Detroit and Toledo, OH! The timeline of her missing in 2005 also lines up. I would definitely submit this to the Doe Network. As an FYI, she is not already in their database, but she doesn't have to be. I simply entered N/A for the missing persons Doe Network ID and it was still accepted as long as there was a NAMUS entry. I haven't found any news articles or other information about her. But will continue to check when I have more time. I think this is a very strong contender and wish I could find some more photos to compare.

I went ahead and submitted Dana Zelic, but I don't feel she is that strong of a contender. She was suspected to still be in Canada as of 2002 and just not in touch with family.

Excellent find. She has not been excluded and her NAMUS says she moved between Detroit and Toledo, OH! The timeline of her missing in 2005 also lines up. I would definitely submit this to the Doe Network. As an FYI, she is not already in their database, but she doesn't have to be. I simply entered N/A for the missing persons Doe Network ID and it was still accepted as long as there was a NAMUS entry. I haven't found any news articles or other information about her. But will continue to check when I have more time. I think this is a very strong contender and wish I could find some more photos to compare.

I went ahead and submitted Dana Zelic, but I don't feel she is that strong of a contender. She was suspected to still be in Canada as of 2002 and just not in touch with family.

The only thing that made me pause on Lisa/Darla Douglas was her weight. 150 to 170 lbs is not fat but we were told the UID was very thin. It's possible she got thinner after leaving her home as it sounds like she had been living a transient lifestyle from what little we have (moved between Toledo and Detroit). I can't find anything else about her. If you feel she is strong, would you please submit her? Thanks.

I did also note the weight - but I think she is also listed a 5'9"? 150lbs at that height could still be lean. I will go ahead and submit her today. I think the name, region and timeline make her a worthwhile submission.

Hey Gardener1850 - I sent off the submission and will let you know if I hear anything. I think there are now 3 submissions from the board that have not shown up on exclusions yet. Good find! I hope one of these ends up being Marion Jane Doe. It would really be great to have her ID'ed before Shawn Grate goes to court so that justice can be served for her too.

Hey Gardener1850 - I sent off the submission and will let you know if I hear anything. I think there are now 3 submissions from the board that have not shown up on exclusions yet. Good find! I hope one of these ends up being Marion Jane Doe. It would really be great to have her ID'ed before Shawn Grate goes to court so that justice can be served for her too.

Thank you! I hope we can identify her.

Great work all! Is there a way of sending these directly to the police force who have Grate in custody? Surely he's the best person to cast his eye over these pics!

Great work all! Is there a way of sending these directly to the police force who have Grate in custody? Surely he's the best person to cast his eye over these pics!

I have not attempted to contact the Marion PD directly and I am not sure if that is the same department that has Grate in custody. I did see someone posted the same suggestion (Dawn Young - who is now on the exclusions list) on the Marion PD's facebook page as a possible match, but I honestly don't know how seriously PDs take facebook postings and I am not active on facebook. Now that a gag order has been put in place, I wonder how much more information they will get from Grate about this victim?

Is difficult but not is possible that the girl is Erica Baker? Missing from 1999, the range age is off for one year and the har color also is off.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4455/75

I don't think it could be Erica. She would only be 14 in 2005. Shawn Grate said she was 26. Although he could have lied, it would be hard to mistake a 14 year old for a 26 year old.

I have not attempted to contact the Marion PD directly and I am not sure if that is the same department that has Grate in custody. I did see someone posted the same suggestion (Dawn Young - who is now on the exclusions list) on the Marion PD's facebook page as a possible match, but I honestly don't know how seriously PDs take facebook postings and I am not active on facebook. Now that a gag order has been put in place, I wonder how much more information they will get from Grate about this victim?

He is in custody in a different county-- Ashland County. Hopefully Marion County officials already got all they needed but I wouldn't put too much emphasis on what he told them. Even though he was talking, I'm not sure if he would do the right thing and identify her if shown her picture. They may have gotten him to talk by playing to ego. With the gag order in place, there will be no more media interviews of him and no further "fame" for talking about his victims. I hope they can find a DNA match to bring her family some closure. Someone, somewhere, must be missing her.

NAMUS just jumped from 50 exclusions to 54 - this time I had a copy so I could tell who was added. The new exclusions are:
Madeline Edman 1990 Wisconsin
Nicole Engle 1981 Washington
Kimberly Riley 1979 Ohio
Donna Rigsby 1983 Alabama

So that leaves two names I submitted that are still not yet excluded - Dana Zelic and Lisa (Darla) Douglas. So glad that there is a lot of activity on this case and really hoping it gets solved!! I have not seen those other 3 names mentioned on this thread- I hope this means that other agencies/message boards are working on this as well.

NAMUS just jumped from 50 exclusions to 54 - this time I had a copy so I could tell who was added. The new exclusions are:
Madeline Edman 1990 Wisconsin
Nicole Engle 1981 Washington
Kimberly Riley 1979 Ohio
Donna Rigsby 1983 Alabama

So that leaves two names I submitted that are still not yet excluded - Dana Zelic and Lisa (Darla) Douglas. So glad that there is a lot of activity on this case and really hoping it gets solved!! I have not seen those other 3 names mentioned on this thread- I hope this means that other agencies/message boards are working on this as well.

I submitted Danielyelle White. Still haven't heard anything other than the submission was received and sent to the panel.

That's right. I knew there was one more- thanks for reminding me. Fingers crossed one of the remaining ones is a match!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby_Cluebie_Doo
Back