CONVICTION OVERTURNED NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 #16

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
11991352-small.jpg

Authorities say missing woman was on her way to shop at Destiny USA
Authorities say missing woman was on her way to shop at Destiny USA
Syracuse, NY – Authorities are looking for a Chenango County woman who has been missing since Tuesday when she told her husband she was driving to Syracuse to shop at Destiny USA.
She was driving a maroon 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan with a New York license plate of EFA1962.
Deputies said Ramsaran may have changed her hair color and style before she left. Her cell phone was found Wednesday on State Route 23 in the Town of Plymouth.
Deputies ask that anyone with information about Ramsaran call them at 607-334-2000 and push option 1.

Facebook missing page

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Rumors are not allowed, if you can't link to it then please don't post it here. Main stream media and law enforcement are acceptable at this time.

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15

Scanner Thread

Media & Map thread

Finding Jennifer

Help Find Jennifer Facebook

Ramsaran, Jennifer
rickblaine - verified insider
Jilllian - verified insider
upstate - verified insider
Solus - verified insider

case map

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.wbng.com/story/35779587/appeals-ruling-for-remy-ramsaran-reversed

[h=3]Appeal ruling for Ganesh 'Remy' Ramsaran reversed[/h]
In July 2016, a state appellate court ruled that Ramsaran should get a new trial, citing ineffective defense regarding DNA evidence, namely blood found on Ramsaran's sweatshirt.
In a ruling Thursday, the New York State Court of Appeals reversed that decision, saying Ramsaran's defense was not ineffective.
The case is being sent to the appellate division to re-examine other parts of the trial for further proceedings.

Ramsaran lawyer googled homicide defense advice instead of hiring experts at trial court hears

NORWICH – Convicted murderer Ganesh R. Ramsaran appeared in Chenango County Court Friday with his lawyers urging the judge to grant them a hearing to discuss the work of defense counsel during the 2014 murder trial. They hope the case can get a new trial.

Ramsaran was convicted of murdering his wife and was sentenced to 25 years to life after a jury convicted him on Sept. 23, 2014.

Monday the defense asked for the court to hear concerns about the trial and attorneys pointed to several issues in the case they thought deserved further explanation in court. They offered a scathing assessment of Ramsaran's trial attorney, Gil Garcia, calling his defense incompetent and possibly exploitative.

Attorneys told the court Friday that Ramsaran family misunderstood or was misled by Garcia, who they said was paid $20 to $60 thousand for expert testimony and forensics in the case. They said he met with none during the trial and kept the money.

Ramsaran lawyer googled homicide defense advice instead of hiring experts at trial court hears

NORWICH – Convicted murderer Ganesh R. Ramsaran appeared in Chenango County Court Friday with his lawyers urging the judge to grant them a hearing to discuss the work of defense counsel during the 2014 murder trial. They hope the case can get a new trial.

Ramsaran was convicted of murdering his wife and was sentenced to 25 years to life after a jury convicted him on Sept. 23, 2014.

Monday the defense asked for the court to hear concerns about the trial and attorneys pointed to several issues in the case they thought deserved further explanation in court. They offered a scathing assessment of Ramsaran's trial attorney, Gil Garcia, calling his defense incompetent and possibly exploitative.

Attorneys told the court Friday that Ramsaran family misunderstood or was misled by Garcia, who they said was paid $20 to $60 thousand for expert testimony and forensics in the case. They said he met with none during the trial and kept the money.

Sounds like they don't even know how much money they paid! That is something important that I think I would remember.

JMO

I heard of this case a few days ago—and just finished reading through all the threads.

Judge probes blockbuster CNY murder trial after lawyer accused of swindling $126,500

As I understand it, as of February 2020, the original judge had scheduled a new hearing for March, on the question of Garcia’s competence/possible misbehavior.

I didn’t see anything more—guessing that Covid’s to blame for that? I’d guess that trials take precedence over appeals, if court time has to be rationed?

The lawyer’s behavior does sound bad—but I’m not sure what the best lawyer in the world could have done. Maybe being hired on Dec 11th, and being able to put a muzzle on GR might have helped. I mean a literal muzzle, too! Words of advice certainly wouldn’t have helped.

I just watched a new Dateline update episode of this tragic case. Apparently, Ganesh lost all of his appeals and then lost his last ditch effort for a new trial. So as of last month, his efforts to overturn his conviction are over.

Only half of the Article is able to be read, the rest you have to subscribe to read.

Thanks for posting, although I wish I could read the rest. If he got 22 years and he already served 12 (I think), does that mean he’ll only serve 12 more or is it a new 22 years? It does say the family agreed so hopefully they feel they got Jen some justice w/ him admitting it.

Thanks for posting, although I wish I could read the rest. If he got 22 years and he already served 12 (I think), does that mean he’ll only serve 12 more or is it a new 22 years? It does say the family agreed so hopefully they feel they got Jen some justice w/ him admitting it.

Not sure about any of that, I would imagine that time served will be deducted but also the bribery charges will be added IMO. If you go to Justice for Jennifer the full article has been posted there, but none of that is mentioned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back