GUILTY OK - Jaymie Adams, 25, Blanchard, 9 Dec 2011

GUILTY LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE now I can move on with my life

First off I was just told he was found guilty. Life without parole.

We fought for about 45 minutes not 3 hours. And yes we went and had breakfast the next day. While he never hit me he was mentally and verbally abusive. He was controlling and manipulative. And my beginning posts here were his idea to help him look better.

How did they know he washed his truck and got new tires? Because I was there. I was with him when he did both things...not knowing anything was out of the norm.

My only regret was allowing him to manipulate me to the point I didn't talk to LE sooner and tell them the things he did that seemed very off to me. I did go to them on my own accord. I gave them his cell phone that he hid and seat covers that I later found that he had hid.

I don't want to believe I could have been with someone capable of murder but I believe they got it right.

I am putting this behind me for good and I won't be back to answer questions. I am thankful that Jaymie and her unborn child finally have justice.

:hug::hug: Take care and thank you ladies for your testimony.

Posting an ad on CraigsList telling men they can come and have their way with his wife placed Jaymie in grave and imminent danger so I’m glad Justin Adams is serving a 10-year suspended sentence on two counts of first-degree manslaughter.

Joseph Cyr planned to kill Jaymie so this murder was "premeditated" and not a crime of passion. The weapon and coat were in his truck when he picked her up. Did he buy them on his way to meet Jaymie? Is that why he showed up late?

If Cyr was found guilty, I thought he “deserved” the death sentence. Cyr was convicted on two counts of first-degree murder for the deaths of Adams and her unborn baby. The jury recommended two sentences of life without parole for Cyr.

Cyr will be sentenced on December 2nd. by the Judge. The State of OK still executes murderers so the death penalty is still an option because it was a double homicide with intent. .

Members of the jury sifted through evidence for nearly seven hours Thursday before reaching a verdict. “It was a wealth of information we presented them, a ton of information to the extent I’ve never seen in a single case, and for them to go through that, I think they did so diligently,” said Assistant District Attorney Jimmy Harmon.

Cyr did not take the stand in his own defense and frankly I don’t think it would have changed the verdict. He also refused to accompany the Jury to the crime scene.

http://kfor.com/2016/10/27/jury-convicts-joseph-cyr-in-deaths-of-jaymie-adams-her-unborn-baby/

I feel so much better I'm just glad he is never getting out I knew he did it he is crazy now everyone knows

I feel so much better I'm just glad he is never getting out I knew he did it he is crazy now everyone knows

The word that popped into my mind for Cyr is psychopath. I don’t think Cyr was evaluated by a forensic psychiatric and he was likely insane when he murdered Jaymie. Now that he is incarcerated and isolated from society, he can't harm himself and others.
He can have a mental health counselor in jail I believe.

How old is Joseph now?

Cyr’s family members were present in the courtroom when the verdict was read. Who was there?

I'm glad the trial is over and we know the truth which sets you free.

His mom was there I dont know who else from his family he is 34 if I can remember he will be 35 next month

His mom was there I dont know who else from his family he is 34 if I can remember he will be 35 next month

Thank you Dillpickle. So Cyr was thirty years old and Jaymie Adams was 25 years old when this happened.

How many children does he have?

During closing arguments, Cyr’s defense attorney said there was no evidence found in his truck although we now know that’s because Cyr cleaned his truck and replaced all the tires right after he and his girlfriend ate breakfast together in a restaurant.

Witnesses testified Cyr selectively deleted information on his phone that corresponded with the time of the murder.

I don’t think Cyr has confessed to the murders and told anyone what happened. Since he’s guilty, he probably refused to take a lie detector test and when he was interrogated by LE, he probably remained silent. I don’t think Cyr told his attorney what happened that night either. One reporter said only Cyr and Jaymie know what happened and it certainly looks that way.

“The Prosecutions case against Cyr was strengthened by Cyr’s reluctance to help find Jaymie when she was initially considered missing.”

http://kfor.com/2016/10/27/jury-deliberates-in-joseph-cyr-murder-trial/

First off I was just told he was found guilty. Life without parole.

We fought for about 45 minutes not 3 hours. And yes we went and had breakfast the next day. While he never hit me he was mentally and verbally abusive. He was controlling and manipulative. And my beginning posts here were his idea to help him look better.

How did they know he washed his truck and got new tires? Because I was there. I was with him when he did both things...not knowing anything was out of the norm.

My only regret was allowing him to manipulate me to the point I didn't talk to LE sooner and tell them the things he did that seemed very off to me. I did go to them on my own accord. I gave them his cell phone that he hid and seat covers that I later found that he had hid.

I don't want to believe I could have been with someone capable of murder but I believe they got it right.

I am putting this behind me for good and I won't be back to answer questions. I am thankful that Jaymie and her unborn child finally have justice.

I am very surprised to hear that LE didn’t call you in for an interview. You were the key and only witness in this case.

Isn't Cyr a registered sex offender now?. Aggravated assault with a weapon

Here’s my general case review …

Jaymie Adams disappeared December 9, 2011. Justin, her husband, told investigators his wife used Craiglist to meet clients for sex. Search warrants claim Jaymie Adams was set to meet up to three men the day she went missing.

- On January 3rd, 2012, Lie Detector Test Shows Husband of Missing Women “Deceptive”.

- On January 11, Court documents state detectives learned that Cyr had moved from Choctaw to Skiatook, Oklahoma.
Detectives searched his Choctaw address and found a 1989 Chevrolet pickup parked in the driveway.

- On January 16 OKC Police Examine Truck Belonging To Man Who Contacted Jaymie Adams

“”Police believed the truck may hold evidence in Adams' death. The truck was on a jack and the driver's side front tire had been removed. The search warrant stated the vehicle appeared to be an off-road truck and it was muddy in appearance. The truck was impounded at the Oklahoma City Police Department's evidence barn. Police seized soil samples, swabbings, and insurance verification from the vehicle.””

- In May 2012, Justin Adam’s mother, Tina Clarke, offered a reward to find the person she calls the true killer of her daughter-in-law and grandchild.

Tina Clarks says she believes her son, Justin Adams, is innocent and the real killer remains free. Clarke says in the next couple of days she will travel all over the state posting fliers in an effort to generate leads that could help to free her son.

Adams is currently being held at the Oklahoma County Jail. Prosecutors charged Adams with the murder of his wife and her unborn child in February. Now Clarke is on a mission to prove her son is innocent. She believes something as simple as handing out a flyer could lead to the real killer.

"It's too late to save Jaymie," said Clarke. "I can't save her, but maybe I can save someone else's wife, someone else's daughter or sister."

In August, 8 months after Jaymie’s autopsy was done, the Medical Examiner released his report.

In September 2012, investigators obtained a DNA sample of a man who'd refused to cooperate after Jaymie Adams' disappearance.

Investigators say Joseph Cyr moved out of Oklahoma City shortly after the killing in December. Cyr was the only man police had connected to the case who refused to provide voluntary DNA. Cyr, police say, contacted Adams in response to a Craigslist ad for sex shortly before she disappeared.

On April 3rd, 2013, the man accused of contacting a pregnant mother for sex was charged with two counts of first-degree murder for her death and the death of her unborn child.

Just as prosecutors reduced the charges against Jaymie Adams' husband, Justin, they reveal a new murder case against Joseph Cyr.

Cyr is being held without bond at the Oklahoma County Jail. Court records confirm multiple calls and text messages to and from Cyr's cell phone. They also show both Cyr and Jaymie Adams were in the same part of the city at the same time.

http://www.news9.com/story/19666652...e-new-dna-sample-taken-in-jaymie-adams-murder
http://www.news9.com/story/19666652...e-new-dna-sample-taken-in-jaymie-adams-murder
http://www.koco.com/article/mom-of-man-charged-with-murder-still-searching-for-real-killer/4288555
http://www.news9.com/story/16607599...k-belonging-to-man-who-contacted-jaymie-adams
http://www.news9.com/story/16436775...test-shows-husband-of-missing-woman-deceptive

Jaymie Adams had arranged to meet up to three men the day she was murdered so she probably had hundreds of dollars in the van when she met Cyr. I think she met the other men in a hotel room before she drove to McDonald’s.

Because Jaymie was meeting Cyr late in the evening, he probably knew she was having sex with several other men before they met. She probably hid her pregnancy from her clients and Cyr didn’t know Jaymie was pregnant and he was murdering a child.
Jaymie weighed 180 pounds and because she was 7-8 weeks pregnant, her baby bump would hardly be noticeable.
The Autopsy Report said the uterus was intact and contained a 7-8 week fetus 2.5 cm.

I wonder if Joseph’s mother, who attended the trial, would like to go on Trish's Radio Show.
I wonder if any magazine reporters or media outlets have requested an interview with her.

I was interviewed...a couple of times. I testified in court because I lived with him. I had to testify when he left and when he came home and so on.

I am very surprised to hear that LE didn’t call you in for an interview. You were the key and only witness in this case.

Isn't Cyr a registered sex offender now?. Aggravated assault with a weapon

I was interviewed...a couple of times. I testified in court because I lived with him. I had to testify when he left and when he came home and so on.

Joseph will be formally sentenced on December 2nd. The Jury recommended a double life sentence with no chance of parole.

If the Jury believes Joseph is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, why didn’t they recommend the death penalty? Afterall, this case is a double homicide.

Where did Jaymie and Joseph agree to go to have sex together? This information is on their cell phones. Did Jaymie meet her previous clients that evening in a hotel room she rented for the night?

Were Jaymie’s clothes and the knife that was used to stab her found? Because her remains were found nearly a month later in a popular area, why weren't they discovered sooner? A fluid ring was discovered around the back of her body during the autopsy. Was this fluid identified during the trial? Do the medical and legal experts believe the assault took place in the woods?

I assumed Joseph washed his truck and changed all the tires after you ate breakfast together the morning after Jaymie disappeared, however one of the media reports said, “On January 16, OKC Police Examine Truck Belonging To Man Who Contacted Jaymie Adams. Police believed the truck may hold evidence in Adams' death. The truck was on a jack and the driver's side front tire had been removed. The search warrant stated the vehicle appeared to be an off-road truck and it was muddy in appearance. The truck was impounded at the Oklahoma City Police Department's evidence barn. Police seized soil samples, swabbings, and insurance verification from the vehicle.””

In your post #1039, you said you went to the Police on your own accord and wish you had spoken to them sooner so did LE contact you and request an interview and you stalled?

DNA collection and analysis gives the criminal justice system a powerful tool for convicting the guilty and exonerating the innocent.
Only one-tenth of a single percent of DNA (about 3 million bases) differs from one person to the next. Scientists can use these variable regions to generate a DNA profile of an individual using samples from blood, bone, hair, and other body tissues and products.
In criminal cases, this generally involves obtaining samples from crime-scene evidence and a suspect, extracting the DNA, and analyzing it for the presence of a set of specific DNA regions (markers).

If the sample profiles don't match, the person did not contribute the DNA at the crime scene. If the patterns match, the suspect may have contributed the evidence sample. DNA from crime scenes also can be compared to profiles stored in a database.

http://www.nij.gov/topics/forensics/evidence/dna/basics/Pages/welcome.aspx

SEMEN DNA ANALYSIS: The detection and investigation of a semen sample

For example, let us assume that a man's semen is alleged to be on a piece of fabric. To learn whether the cloth is stained by the suspect's semen, DNA testing can be done.Remember, no identifiable semen was found in Jaymie's body during the autopsy.

Here’s the procedure:
1. The fabric is examined for semen. Semen glows under ultraviolet light and also changes color when exposed to specific chemicals.
2. If semen is identified and the tests are positive, the lab technicians cut a swatch of the fabric from the stain and dissolve the organic matter in the stain by putting the swatch in a special solution.
3. The technicians then look for sperm cells in the solution with an ordinary low-power light microscope. The sperm look like little lifeless tadpoles.
4. If there are visible sperm under the microscope, the techs extract DNA from the sperm. This is done with a mild detergent that bursts non-sperm cells. A rinse with water removes broken cells. And then a stronger detergent is used to burst the sperm and recover their DNA.
5. The lab then compares the DNA from the semen with the suspect's DNA. A blood or saliva sample from the suspect will supply enough DNA for the comparison.
6. If the stain is small and the amount of DNA minute, a method based on the polymerase chain reaction, or PCR, is employed to make millions of copies of selected segments of the DNA. Note that PCR does not change the DNA but merely amplifies the amount.
7. The DNA from the semen is then compared with the suspect's. This can be done using what are called restriction fragment length polymorphisms, or RFLPs. To examine RFLPs, the DNA from the sample is cut (restricted) by special enzymes. These restriction enzymes cut different DNAs differently. If the restriction enzymes cuts the suspect's sample and the semen sample into the same number of fragments of the same length, then the semen may be the suspect's.
8. The odds that the DNA in the semen is the suspect's are then calculated. The odds may, for example, be one in 11 million that the DNA in the semen came from another man, not the suspect.

DNA tests of semen can take several days or several weeks before the results are available. DNA tests can show that the sperm is not from the suspect or these tests can show that the DNA in the sperm is not detectably different from the suspect's. But DNA testing can never prove with complete certainty that the semen is from the suspect.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=23321

Who testified besides Justin Adams, Cell Phone Experts, and Joseph’s two girlfriends?

I doubt the two women who testified were allowed to sit in the Courtroom everyday. Usually witnesses can only watch the trial after they are done testifying and with permission from the Court.

There were several CSI, police officers, OSBI, FBI, coroner, Tina Clarke, one john from that night, one potential john who did not follow through.
Nobody who was going to testify was allowed in the courtroom until the court released them.

Oklahoma has postponed the death penalty due to an injection not working properly. I think that is why the death penalty is not being considered.

The truck you are speaking of is a different one. He had one to drive regularly and then a mudding truck. The mudding truck was on 3 wheels and not what he drove that night. His other truck is what he drove. The same one he washed and armorolled and put new tires on the next day. He also removed the seat covers and cleaned it out before he let LE take it to look for evidence. I know this...because I was with him.

He was manipulative and controlling and wanted desperately for me to lie and be his alibi. But I know he left around 9-930 and came home at 2. I know a few woman testified. One girlfriend didn't make it to testify as she was killed in a car accident before the trial. I once spoke to her and she said not only did he deny his little girl with her (when he was adamate to me that she wasn't his child...and now he says she is) but he caused her older son to need counseling. She told me he ruined her life and was a complete psychopath. Of course he contended that it was her who was the crazy one. His ex wife wouldn't even testify out of fear. I saw the military report where he beat her up for an hour. And it started because she accused him of cheating. So yes folks...he had a history of being violent and droves of women who could testify that he was manipulative and verbally abusive. I lived it. And I look back at his letters and see how he tore me down only to be able to control me. I'm grateful that I no longer have any contact with him and I no longer deal with the madness that comes with him.

Joseph will be formally sentenced on December 2nd. The Jury recommended a double life sentence with no chance of parole.

If the Jury believes Joseph is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, why didn’t they recommend the death penalty? Afterall, this case is a double homicide.

Where did Jaymie and Joseph agree to go to have sex together? This information is on their cell phones. Did Jaymie meet her previous clients that evening in a hotel room she rented for the night?

Were Jaymie’s clothes and the knife that was used to stab her found? Because her remains were found nearly a month later in a popular area, why weren't they discovered sooner? A fluid ring was discovered around the back of her body during the autopsy. Was this fluid identified during the trial? Do the medical and legal experts believe the assault took place in the woods?

I assumed Joseph washed his truck and changed all the tires after you ate breakfast together the morning after Jaymie disappeared, however one of the media reports said, “On January 16, OKC Police Examine Truck Belonging To Man Who Contacted Jaymie Adams. Police believed the truck may hold evidence in Adams' death. The truck was on a jack and the driver's side front tire had been removed. The search warrant stated the vehicle appeared to be an off-road truck and it was muddy in appearance. The truck was impounded at the Oklahoma City Police Department's evidence barn. Police seized soil samples, swabbings, and insurance verification from the vehicle.””

In your post #1039, you said you went to the Police on your own accord and wish you had spoken to them sooner so did LE contact you and request an interview and you stalled?

The last I knew she didn't even believe he met with Jaymie. Which he eventually admitted to me that he did. He never told me where. He just said he picked her up and they went down some road and had sex. I pushed and pushed for answers but he would never tell me. I even tried to tell his mom he was still trying to meet women off of Craigslist the entire time we were together. Yet they wanted me to stay with him and pour money into him constantly. I was berated for moving on with my life. But I understand as a mother she doesn't want to believe any of it.

I wonder if Joseph’s mother, who attended the trial, would like to go on Trish's Radio Show.
I wonder if any magazine reporters or media outlets have requested an interview with her.

lewalters - I have soooooo appreciated you on Jaymie's thread. I personally lived with a manipulative and controlling man. I know that the face he put on in public was not the one that I lived with daily. I lived in fear of upsetting the balance every day, but didn't even realize it until I had left. I know the people that know my ex would have not believed that he would do anything bad. But, I also know that by the time I left, my life was literally in danger.

Your personal input and posts here helped bring attention to Jaymie's case. I know how hard it was for you to accept what happened. I commend you highly for all that you have done and endured. You are amazing!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv
Back