Trial - Ross Harris #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Hope4More,

Before I begin, I just want to preface this by saying that at this point in the trial, I would vote that there is reasonable doubt concerning whether he did it on purpose, even though I do suspect he did.

Something you said above caught my eye. I don't understand why you think Leanna knows Ross and what he is capable of. Clearly she doesn't, unless you think she knew he was having sex with prostitutes as well as men, sexting teenagers and having random hookups. I believe her when she says she didn't. That is the problem with people who lead double lives. If they are capable of this, then what else are they capable of? Not that I think that is a good reason to vote guilty! But certainly lessens any weight I would put on her belief he is innocent. She really doesn't know. But probably is invested in believing that he would never do such a thing. I'm sure it would be devastating to even contemplate.

Welcome to the Forum Monael!

Very good points !!! I was thinking along the same lines. I don't think Leanna knows RH as well as she claims she does. She didn't know what made him tick and what really made him happy in life. I think leanna babied RH and he didn't like it, he also just wanted to play in life and have no responsibilities. imho

Completely agree. That's why I have reasonable doubt regarding intent. I needed the prosecution to leave no other option but for me to believe Ross did it on purpose.

I totally respect that. I agree that they have not proven it to 100% certainty.

But I do wonder about those who are 100% certain he absolutely did not do it 'accidentally do it purpose.' How does anyone know that for sure?

I don't agree that his feelings of disdain and hostility towards his family life is 'meaningless' in this tragic death.

I don't believe you can divorce his ambivalence about his marriage from the outcome of this tragic incident.

Why didn't I cheat on my husband of 32 years? I didn't because I loved my family life. I adored being a wife and mother and would never do anything to put that in jeopardy.

Obviously Ross did not feel that same way. He already knew his wife was on to him, and he continued, in fact, he escalated the sexual escapades. So how much really, did he want to stay in the marriage and with his child.

LH said he was scared she was going to take Cooper from him. Apparently not that scared, because he continued to do things that would make that happen.

What I think is most relevant about that--

1. She was willing to divorce him, and told him that, gave him the choice. So. He knew he could get a divorce if he wanted one. No need to kill Cooper to get a divorce from a wife who wouldn't give him one.

2. He was scared she would leave him AND TAKE COOPER. So, the idea he would kill Cooper in order to get a divorce or be free of Leanna makes 100% no sense at all.

3. So, what's left? That he killed his son in one of the most awful ways imaginable because he didn't want to pay child support?

Not buying it.

Well I don't think that totally minimizes my point. If it was something significant enough that they specifically worried about it, it's highly odd that it happened. Most parents are super concerned about safety in general, and when you add that layer of a specific fear, the probability of that fear being realized rather than protected against, is super low.

There are just too many coincidences in this case for me. Too many things that don't add up or make sense. I mean I have seen a lot of posts trying to explain away each one. And each one can absolutely be explained away, in a vaccuum. But they did to it in a vaccuum. They all occurred together and must be examined as parts of a whole.

I just think that there is too much stretching and contortions taking place in an effort to explain away all these red flags.

I love your vacuum sentiment. You just stated so eloquently what I have been attempting to say for several days. Thank you.

In a nutshell: Said she would divorce him if if she found out he was cheating. She found out he was cheating not long after Cooper's death and didn't divorce him until 2yrs later.

I have not yet watched her on cross, but LH's statement on direct about divorcing Ross caught my attention. I am not buying it for a hot second!

Not sure if the defense scored any points trying to show Ross as a loving husband and father with Leanna's stories and pics. I think it reinforces just how good he was at his double life. And if he can pull the rug over her eyes about their marriage for so long and so extensively, certainly he could about Coopers death.

Agreed.

Don't go by my explanation, it was very abbreviated because the space bar isn't working for me lol

Ever since the system upgrade, I am having trouble with my space bar as well. Ugh!

But I do wonder about those who are 100% certain he absolutely did not do it 'accidentally do it purpose.' How does anyone know that for sure?

I'm not sure what you mean by doing it accidentally on purpose. Do you mean he was so absorbed in his texting, purposely glued to his phone and not Cooper, that he accidentally forgot about him?

1. She was willing to divorce him, and told him that, gave him the choice. So. He knew he could get a divorce if he wanted one. No need to kill Cooper to get a divorce from a wife who wouldn't give him one.

2. He was scared she would leave him AND TAKE COOPER. So, the idea he would kill Cooper in order to get a divorce or be free of Leanna makes 100% no sense at all.

3. So, what's left? That he killed his son in one of the most awful ways imaginable because he didn't want to pay child support?

Not buying it.

LH said she would divorce Ross, but she didn't divorce him when she found about these things in July 2014. On top of that, numerous State witnesses claimed LH wouldn't leave Ross and vice versa. She didn't have any intention of divorcing Ross IMO. Being subpoenaed forced her hand.

Not buying it.

As to 1, we don't know if that is actually true that she was willing to divorce him, or what the terms were, if so. And she also testified that she was a child of divorce, and didn't really want one. So it might be more complicated than she said about offering him a divorce.

As to 2, many men would rather do away with their child, than have home taken by their ex wife. It is a weird twisted way of thinking. But I think Ross may be a bit twisted.

As to 3, it is not that unusual or unbelievable. Men kill their children quite routinely to escape child support etc.

The State has presented it's case. Leanna answered the questions I needed answered, including about the car seat, divorce, Cooper falling asleep easily, little buddy email, why Ross stopped taking pics of Cooper arriving at daycare.

The State utterly failed to make a case for malice, imo. I'm way beyond reasonable doubt on that charge. The only charge I'm not as sure about is 2CC, can't be, since we haven't heard from DR. D yet.

His actions don't seem to jive with accidental circumstances, imo. I don't believe he could forget his baby was there, inches away, by the time he reached the turnoff. I don't believe he could avoid turning his head slightly to the right during that time, to not see him in the seat. I think he was preoccupied with the conversation about needing a break from his family life and that may have affected his actions.

I'm not so sure that he couldn't forget Cooper was there. Peripheral vision isn't the same as directly looking at something. His lack of sleep may have been a bigger factor then texting in my opinion.

A father who checks out of the family, who can send lewd messages to teen girls while lying next to his son, who sends and posts pictures of his son to strangers on dating sites, who complains of being financially stressed yet spends in one month $375 that could be spent on his family or saved to buy the house they wanted or put into a college fund on a prostitute...is a sick sob

Don't forget bringing internet *advertiser censored* into the family home when his wife is away. That is the sickest thing I've ever heard. How's that for crazy dangerous

I wonder how often she threatened to divorce him? Was it just the once, or more....and apparently he didn't care .

Also, I just have trouble with the fact, if factual, that he went out to his car at lunch time, and still didn't notice his
son in the car??? What's up with that?

The State has presented it's case. Leanna answered the questions I needed answered, including about the car seat, divorce, Cooper falling asleep easily, little buddy email, why Ross stopped taking pics of Cooper arriving at daycare.

The State utterly failed to make a case for malice, imo. I'm way beyond reasonable doubt on that charge. The only charge I'm not as sure about is 2CC, can't be, since we haven't heard from DR. D yet.
Leanne shot down a big part of the malice murder charge in my opinion.

Completely agree. That's why I have reasonable doubt regarding intent. I needed the prosecution to leave no other option but for me to believe Ross did it on purpose.

Imo. Either his peripheral vision is totally damaged, Or he knew subliminally knew that Cooper was in that car when he reversed parked nd when he left the job parking lot.

Jmo. That carseat was way too close and Harris was way too big where he would probably need right arm support when getting in and out of his vehicle.

If you've ever ventured into an internet forum dedicated to women who are trying to cope with their husband's sexually addictive behaviors, you'll see that there are many, many couples out there dealing with this type of thing, sadly. And lots who don't immediately divorce due to it. RH sounds very much like lots of men out there when it comes to his sexual escapades. Nothing special at all - if you are comparing him against other men with this type of behavior pattern.

As to 1, we don't know if that is actually true that she was willing to divorce him, or what the terms were, if so. And she also testified that she was a child of divorce, and didn't really want one. So it might be more complicated than she said about offering him a divorce.

As to 2, many men would rather do away with their child, than have home taken by their ex wife. It is a weird twisted way of thinking. But I think Ross may be a bit twisted.

As to 3, it is not that unusual or unbelievable. Men kill their children quite routinely to escape child support etc.

1. I don't believe Leanna lied about that showdown and offer of divorce.

2. He was afraid of losing Cooper, not his wife. Why would he kill Cooper so neither one of them would have him?

3. No, I can't agree that men "routinely" kill their children to avoid paying child support, and I'm willing to bet in the vast majority of cases where that happens there were indications of spousal or child abuse/neglect.

I'm not sure what you mean by doing it accidentally on purpose. Do you mean he was so absorbed in his texting, purposely glued to his phone and not Cooper, that he accidentally forgot about him?

This is just my own personal speculation. But I believe that he had possibly contemplated the possibility previously. He said it was his 'greatest fear' ---he commented on the hot car video, about how much he'd hate it if his son was in that hot car. He spoke about a father who did the same thing and became an advocate for 'second look' at the car seat, and made it his life's work. Ross even said he'd like to do the same. He knew about the distinct possibility of it happening...

I think he was in a very manic and difficult place on the 18th. There was lunch room gossip that he wasn't completing his work and was going to need help with it. Thats a bad sign for a IT guy on salary. He just found out he didn't get the other job he'd applied for. His sexual acting out was escalating. He sexted until 3 am the previous night then began again at 5:30 am. He was tired, overwhelmed and depressed.

What was the one thing that was forcing this stressful situation and this responsibility---his son. He had said he could not divorce his wife because of his son....

I think it is quite possible that he made the split second decision to do what he had already contemplated....just erase him from his memory banks and let him go...he will die in his sleep, Ross will not be charged....he will become a well respected community advocate, and it just took a second to give in to those impulses....'accidentally on purpose'----

LH said she would divorce Ross, but she didn't divorce him when she found about these things in July 2014. On top of that, numerous State witnesses claimed LH wouldn't leave Ross and vice versa. She didn't have any intention of divorcing Ross IMO. Being subpoenaed forced her hand.

She basically said

I am not going to warm up the slot machine and then leave; While letting the next female get the jackpot

But I doubt she would foresee Ross doing this to Cooper. Jmo.

LH & RH had texted RH 6/18/14 yet Stoddard out and out lies and says phone does not reflect any text messages for that date between them
Stoddard testifies that at 404pm RH and LH had played phone tag and at the 404 there was about a 1 min call.
Boring do you have the phone records back from provider
Stoddard no
Boring who is provide and how long take get back
Stoddard ATT 6 weeks
Boring were you able to look on the phone itself
Stoddard Yes
Boring asked if RH ever mentioned any texts messages between LH and RH.
Stoddard: no
Boring: did RH phone reflect any texts between RH and his wife
Stoddard no

LIE! She texed him that morning asking if made to work, RH yup yup,
at 3:16pm RH text when are you going to get my buddy.

NOW who ever doesn't believe that Stoddard has lied, chose not to listen. Got to 26:13 mark [video=youtube;5EjrJZ-a5OQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjrJZ-a5OQ&list=PLoW1SIeAWaWZPZIYM4Fs-xOzJE5GtLXig[/video]

This is just my own personal speculation. But I believe that he had possibly contemplated the possibility previously. He said it was his 'greatest fear' ---he commented on the hot car video, about how much he'd hate it if his son was in that hot car. He spoke about a father who did the same thing and became an advocate for 'second look' at the car seat, and made it his life's work. Ross even said he'd like to do the same. He knew about the distinct possibility of it happening...

I think he was in a very manic and difficult place on the 18th. There was lunch room gossip that he wasn't completing his work and was going to need help with it. Thats a bad sign for a IT guy on salary. He just found out he didn't get the other job he'd applied for. His sexual acting out was escalating. He sexted until 3 am the previous night then began again at 5:30 am. He was tired, overwhelmed and depressed.

What was the one thing that was forcing this stressful situation and this responsibility---his son. He had said he could not divorce his wife because of his son....

I think it is quite possible that he made the split second decision to do what he had already contemplated....just erase him from his memory banks and let him go...he will die in his sleep, Ross will not be charged....he will become a well respected community advocate, and it just took a second to give in to those impulses....'accidentally on purpose'----

That sounds a whole lot like doing it on purpose to me. Nothing accidental in that scenario.

I've posted a bunch today about why I think she didn't divorce RH earlier after Cooper died. That date -July 2014 - says it all, though, if you think about the context of what had already happened and what was happening to Leanna, and how a divorce anytime that year, in particular, would have been covered in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoffeeStan