Trial - Ross Harris #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in my opinion there is now way Ross could have missed him. To this day no matter the distance I know my children. I feel them and know when they are unhappy or not feeling well.

Parents are like that with their children. Sitting inches apart no way did he forget about him. No way!

You're like that with your children. Maybe Ross wasn't like that with his child.

And in my opinion there is now way Ross could have missed him. To this day no matter the distance I know my children. I feel them and know when they are unhappy or not feeling well.

Parents are like that with their children. Sitting inches apart no way did he forget about him. No way!

I'm sure you wouldn't forget your kids in the car. But that doesn't mean that other parents wouldn't do it. JMO

How do you reconcile the dozens of other parents whose children die in hot cars every year? Or the ones who don't die because they are found in time? Or the more recent stories of police officers accidentally leaving their K9s in their patrol vehicles? It happens.

You're like that with your children. Maybe Ross wasn't like that with his child.

It's apparent to me that some judge others on how they would act and ignore the fact that everyone is different. JMO

I believe that there's more than one or two who agree with Hope4More. Besides, everyone is entitled to their opinion here no matter what the count is.

In my opinion I'm not sure that RH heard or saw Cooper during the drive.

Well, I can't see the original message, but to answer for myself- I'm entirely positive that I'm not one of "one or two " posters here who don't believe RH is guilty, and I'm equally positive I couldn't care less how many peeps agree or disagree with that view.

We do not have that exact time he drove out of the CFA parking lot. No outside cameras. (or drove into the parking lot either for that matter) only his enter and exit of the building.

Oh. Ok. So what time did he exit the building and what time was his car seen making a turn at the intersection, if that was captured, and what time was his car seen arriving at work? Do we just have walking out the building and arriving at work? Do we know how long I takes to drive that route? I know there's been evidence but I can't recall and there's no timeline here anywhere.

How do you reconcile the dozens of other parents whose children die in hot cars every year? Or the ones who don't die because they are found in time? Or the more recent stories of police officers accidentally leaving their K9s in their patrol vehicles? It happens.

Maybe they are the other Ross's that don't care or feel about their children as they should. Lets face it this society is full of those that should never have been blessed with a child. It is what it is.

They walk among us.

But. ...we do know they walked out of CFA at 9:18 and Ross pulled into the Treehouse parking lot at 9:25 (split seconds under).

From CFA parking lot to Uturn (where he should have gotten into left turn lane but didn't-- about 30 seconds .

From Uturn to intersection where he should have turned left, another 30 seconds.

(Both of those 30 seconds are obviously approx; traffic as variable.

Thank you! So how long does it typically take for him get to work from CFA?

Yes, that is the heart of the State's case for malice and intent. RH did all those filthy dirty things behind his wife's back, therefore he was capable of killing his son. And what Leanna says about RH can't be believed because she didn't really know him.

I find their case to be smoke and mirrors, and think Leanna knows Ross and what he is and isn't capable of far better than the LE and the State, who have evidenced their bias against both Leanna and Ross from the very beginning.

IMO, what all the information about Ross has shown...is that Leanna didn't know him at all. The real Ross was the one who did horrible things and used his family as a public cover. If she didn't know him, I cannot trust her word that she KNOWS he's not capable of leaving Cooper in that car. Now, that doesn't mean I think the state proved intent. IMO, and to me, it means that Leanna saying "Ross would never.." holds absolutely no weight.

IMO.

I'm sure you wouldn't forget your kids in the car. But that doesn't mean that other parents wouldn't do it. JMO

One did and that is why Ross Harris is on trial for the murder/death of his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
The State has presented it's case. Leanna answered the questions I needed answered, including about the car seat, divorce, Cooper falling asleep easily, little buddy email, why Ross stopped taking pics of Cooper arriving at daycare.

The State utterly failed to make a case for malice, imo. I'm way beyond reasonable doubt on that charge. The only charge I'm not as sure about is 2CC, can't be, since we haven't heard from DR. D yet

I am thinking you might be in a minority of one or two because most posting seem to think there was a lot more to this little Cooper dying in a hot car while his father was acting the fool. Surely one sees/hears a small child during a three minute car ride just inches away from himself.

RBBM, JMHO this is not correct. More than 1 or 2. And those in the majority (being the opposite of minority) most of those that I have read their comments, through these 6 threads and 1 side bar thread. The majority of those, have had a "guilty" before the first witness testified and have not changed their opinion through out the whole States case. How can one make a make an educated opinion on facts of a case without even hearing any? I for one as I many here are in same opinion, we are fine being in the minority. We are trying to be objective. There are many in the minority who are open minded and have backed off on some opinions as testimony was heard, but most of them still have a guilt. I respect their opinion, just don't see how could knowing some of the reasons they have guilt has been disproved. Some, just are not going to change their minds regardless. State has burnden of proof and as of yet, have not proved beyond a reasonable doubt to me. Its ok, I am not one of the 12 that will make the ultimate decision. And on the same token neither are any of the others here on the jury (Lawd I pray not any ways). Unsure why some watch that already have guilty, and sentenced. Don't get that part. JMHO
ETA: I speak only for myself but can read others post to form my opinion of what theirs appears to be from reading multiple posts. JMHO

For me, the issue is not whether or not RH could see or hear Cooper while they were driving back from CFA.

Its what his mind was doing during that time - assuming there were any sounds from Cooper to be heard, or sights of him by RH.

I know its possible to see and hear things but not be paying attention to them, so they don't register.

Well, I can't see the original message, but to answer for myself- I'm entirely positive that I'm not one of "one or two " posters here who don't believe RH is guilty, and I'm equally positive I couldn't care less how many peeps agree or disagree with that view.

I think you totally rock and I agree with 99.99 percent of your posts.

I mainly lurk but I had come out of lurk mode for a moment and then I will crawl back under my rock.

At first I thought Ross was guilty of murder but now I think extreme negligence,

I came out of lurk mode to talk about Leanna. What difference does it make when she filed from divorce? She has had to rebuild her life, move, get a new job all while trying to come to her terms with her baby's death and realizing that her husband was a true and possibly a murderer. I say give her a break. If you have not dealt with a cheating spouse, it takes a big plug out of you and her baby is dead.

I may be totally wrong and if I am, please do not throw rocks at me.

back to lurk mode.

I just think there are too many coincidences and like someone mentioned earlier I don't think all of these things happened because Ross was just that unlucky, he had to have known that little boy was in the car. And I said this before but I have not followed this case at all, just came in at trial and that's just my opinion from it. I also do not think Leanna was involved but I do think she's in denial and I think her priorities are out of whack.

RBBM, what would the coincidences be? TIA

Thank you! So how long does it typically take for him get to work from CFA?

Hold that time of 9:18 for leaving CFA. Someone else just posted that they left CFA at 9:20.

That's not what I remember- there's a time stamped video of Ross shaking hands with the manager on his way out, and I'm fairly certain that was at 9:18, but will try to look up that testimony (I think it was CFA video, CFA manager on direct).

In any case, GA Peach is local and has the best sense of driving time, but iirc, she's said the drive itself was between 4-5 minutes. IIRC. ;)

I believe that there's more than one or two who agree with Hope4More. Besides, everyone is entitled to their opinion here no matter what the count is.

In my opinion I'm not sure that RH heard or saw Cooper during the drive.

Count me among them. I have seen zero proof that RH deliberately murdered his child. I am seeing lots of opinion that he was a nasty, evil, horrible, uncaring murderous monster, with a side order of Leanna was either in on it, should have suspected, or is just pathetic somehow or other... but actual proof of these charitable thoughts? Nada.

RBBM, JMHO this is not correct. More than 1 or 2. And those in the majority (being the opposite of minority) most of those that I have read their comments, through these 6 threads and 1 side bar thread. The majority of those, have had a "guilty" before the first witness testified and have not changed their opinion through out the whole States case. How can one make a make an educated opinion on facts of a case without even hearing any? I for one as I many here are in same opinion, we are fine being in the minority. We are trying to be objective. There are many in the minority who are open minded and have backed off on some opinions as testimony was heard, but most of them still have a guilt. I respect their opinion, just don't see how could knowing some of the reasons they have guilt has been disproved. Some, just are not going to change their minds regardless. State has burnden of proof and as of yet, have not proved beyond a reasonable doubt to me. Its ok, I am not one of the 12 that will make the ultimate decision. And on the same token neither are any of the others here on the jury (Lawd I pray not any ways). Unsure why some watch that already have guilty, and sentenced. Don't get that part. JMHO

And just to be fair there are several in the minority that from day one argued for Ross Harris against all odds. He is to be excused for everything he did that fateful June morning. He has been wronged and nothing or nobody will change those minds.

Sometimes I think those few like the limelight being shown on them during discussions. For some reason that's pleasing.

But to me if I see a bird that walks like a Duck, swims like a Duck and quacks like a Duck then it MUST be a Duck!

One did and that is why Ross Harris is on trial for the murder/death of his son.

Yes. And that's why I don't think the State has proven malice murder in this case. JMO

IMO, what all the information about Ross has shown...is that Leanna didn't know him at all. The real Ross was the one who did horrible things and used his family as a public cover. If she didn't know him, I cannot trust her word that she KNOWS he's not capable of leaving Cooper in that car. Now, that doesn't mean I think the state proved intent. IMO, and to me, it means that Leanna saying "Ross would never.." holds absolutely no weight.

IMO.

RBBM. :waitasec: Did she state she knows he's not capable of leaving Cooper in that car? That is a non disputable fact. One that RH has never denied. What has been consistant about is that it was an accident. LH /LT to my knowledge does not believe it was on purpose either.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post

Have you read about the Fireman that just recently left his son in car all day? Got back in car drove to gro store iirc and upon getting back home that evening is when noticed him? (have to google I could be off a bit) This case at hand JRH, it was rushed and assumed many things incorrectly and that is what has hurt the credibility of all these LEO in this case. JMHO

Snip http://ktla.com/2016/09/09/florida-...in-hot-truck-toddler-left-in-car-for-8-hours/
A Florida father was arrested Friday and charged in the death of his toddler son, who was left in a pickup truck for eight hours, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.

Troy Whitaker, 41, was charged with aggravated manslaughter, sheriff’s spokesman Kavontae Smalls said.

Whitaker left his Palm Harbor house Friday morning with his 5-year-old daughter and 23-month-old son, Lawson, Smalls said.

He dropped his daughter off at school, but forgot to drop his son off at daycare, Smalls said. He ran errands around town, and saw his son in the backseat of the Chevrolet truck in the afternoon, when he was back home.

Whitaker, who is a firefighter with the nearby Hillsborough County Fire Department, performed CPR on his son before medical officials arrived, Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told reporters.

The sheriff said the boy was in the truck from about 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., when Whitaker returned from a trip to the supermarket.

“It was evident that he didn’t realize that the child was in the backseat until he arrived home from Publix,” Gualtieri said. “He was taking the groceries out of the front passenger seat and immediately dropped the bags — there are groceries all over the driveway — and then went and took the child out of the car seat.”

The boy’s car seat was behind the driver’s seat, the sheriff said.

“As you can imagine, he was extremely upset — visibly upset,” he said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member