NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

I think Erica's murder was premeditated by Casey Parsons. Erica was terribly injured by the abuse. Her bones had not healed properly. She was getting older. Old enough to run away. One medical exam for Erica and Casey would lose all her children and face jail time and Casey knew it. Sandy may have been dumber and thought it accidental was he allowed the abuse and hid Erica's death. Neither should ever walk free again. I think Casey Parsons should get the DP.

I think Erica's murder was premeditated by Casey Parsons. Erica was terribly injured by the abuse. Her bones had not healed properly. She was getting older. Old enough to run away. One medical exam for Erica and Casey would lose all her children and face jail time and Casey knew it. Sandy may have been dumber and thought it accidental was he allowed the abuse and hid Erica's death. Neither should ever walk free again. I think Casey Parsons should get the DP.

I agree. I think Sandy, dumb as he is, might spin it as accidental in his head but nevertheless he contributed to Erica's abuse; remember how Jamie testified she had a bald spot on her head from Sandy thumping her? Ugh!

The good news is that I believe LE will have enough evidence to show felony murder even if they can't prove premeditation. Just the broken bones that healed wrong combined with photos of duct tape "casts" paint a pretty horrible picture of Erica's life with Casey and Sandy. Add urine and blood in a closet FFS, and well...

But yeah, I think Casey is directly responsible for Erica's death and I hope like hell LE can gather enough evidence to prove it. IMO I think Jamie's testimony may be very important if/when this case goes to trial.

In the meantime, we wait for charges. I can be (kinda) patient since I believe Salisbury PD will bring justice to Erica.

I agree. I think Sandy, dumb as he is, might spin it as accidental in his head but nevertheless he contributed to Erica's abuse; remember how Jamie testified she had a bald spot on her head from Sandy thumping her? Ugh!

The good news is that I believe LE will have enough evidence to show felony murder even if they can't prove premeditation. Just the broken bones that healed wrong combined with photos of duct tape "casts" paint a pretty horrible picture of Erica's life with Casey and Sandy. Add urine and blood in a closet FFS, and well...

But yeah, I think Casey is directly responsible for Erica's death and I hope like hell LE can gather enough evidence to prove it. IMO I think Jamie's testimony may be very important if/when this case goes to trial.

In the meantime, we wait for charges. I can be (kinda) patient since I believe Salisbury PD will bring justice to Erica.

Absolutely, MsMarple, you clever detective, you. Every word of your post is my feeling, too, and I do think the Salisbury PD will rock'em and sock'em, so I can be a little more patient as well. The snowball* is starting to roll down the hill & it's getting bigger by the day...

* or whatever you would prefer to call it...

Thanks for your thoughtful post.

Absolutely, MsMarple, you clever detective, you. Every word of your post is my feeling, too, and I do think the Salisbury PD will rock'em and sock'em, so I can be a little more patient as well. The snowball* is starting to roll down the hill & it's getting bigger by the day...

* or whatever you would prefer to call it...

Thanks for your thoughtful post.

It is easier to be patient with them sitting in prison already.

The headline is more than I can bear. I have not read the article. I am just posting it for anyone who wants to. I don't know how many more details I can handle.
We love you little angel!
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ne...63149668?ecmp=wsoctv_social_facebook_2014_sfp

Some non-graphic info that I think is new:

Sandy also told detectives when Erica was buried -- Dec. 19, 2011 -- which is significant because detectives have said that although the girl had not been seen since late in 2011, she was not reported missing until two years later.

Hey everyone! I have followed this story locally for years but not so much on here. I recently found out that EP's bio mom is staying in my neighborhood until the funeral. The person she is staying with reached out via our neighborhood FB page to give us a heads up (in the event of media activity) and said if anyone wanted to help, that she is in need of something to wear to the funeral (when it happens) or gift cards for clothing and food. I really want to reach out & help and talk to her, but then again, what do you say to someone in her shoes?

Sigh, that poor baby went through so much he** and it makes my heart and stomach hurt reading the articles.
I just can't imagine what kind of people allow that to go on and not do anything to stop it!! Casey Parsons deserves the DP with no doubt and I hope she gets it!

JMO IMO MOO etc etc

I do not get how they have not been charged with her death. I mean how much more evidence do they need?

I do not get how they have not been charged with her death. I mean how much more evidence do they need?

Exactly this! I just wonder if they offered SP a "deal" if he lead them to the body (which he did, the article above says they transported him out of jail so he could show them the grave) I hate that we make these types of deals but I see where it was needed from all of the years of no answers. SMDH

IMO

Exactly this! I just wonder if they offered SP a "deal" if he lead them to the body (which he did, the article above says they transported him out of jail so he could show them the grave) I hate that we make these types of deals but I see where it was needed from all of the years of no answers. SMDH

IMO

The Rowan County Sheriff stated previously that no deal was made with Sandy Parsons. Casey and Sandy are already in federal prisons and I don't think more charges will come until the medical examiner is finished.

He seriously need to be "physically abused" before HIS death....:maddening:

bbm Agreed. N.C. doesn't attach the Death Penalty to too many cases, but this one would, IMO, meet the standard (my word, not a legal term in this situation) for a D.P. case in N.C. The torture of children is prollly DP-worthy in any DP state in the country.

Bless her little heart -- but she is flying high and happy now, and will forever.

They need to write-up a probable cause document and then present it to a magistrate or a judge, as we all know -- let's hope that is what is taking up so much time. SMH.

Soon, it must be soon. Maybe that would shake Sandy up a bit and loosen his lips.

Hey everyone! I have followed this story locally for years but not so much on here. I recently found out that EP's bio mom is staying in my neighborhood until the funeral. The person she is staying with reached out via our neighborhood FB page to give us a heads up (in the event of media activity) and said if anyone wanted to help, that she is in need of something to wear to the funeral (when it happens) or gift cards for clothing and food. I really want to reach out & help and talk to her, but then again, what do you say to someone in her shoes?

Sigh, that poor baby went through so much he** and it makes my heart and stomach hurt reading the articles.
I just can't imagine what kind of people allow that to go on and not do anything to stop it!! Casey Parsons deserves the DP with no doubt and I hope she gets it!

JMO IMO MOO etc etc

If you ever did get the chance, I wish she knew how a lot of people love her little girl. :)

Her stepbrother told them about the abuse years ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back