SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know he kidnapped someone for sexual reasons in the '80s. I personally don't believe he ever stopped.

Has anyone found how long he was in prison for the kidnapping charge? We need to know what years he was free to re-offend.

I just saw he liked a photo of KB on her FB from way back on 8/30/15. Not a FB friend though.

There is another woman missing 33 miles from there car missing as well

I hope she knows where Charlie is so he can come home either way. But I hope she doesn't know theres 4 bodies because she watched them die.

I hope she knows where Charlie is so he can come home either way. But I hope she doesn't know theres 4 bodies because she watched them die.

The only good outcome I can imagine is that K's captor lied to her and told her he had done this 4 other times and those women all died and were buried there. He might have told her that to keep her in his control. Unfortunately, with his history, I don't think he lied... 93 Acres is a huge property to search. We might be waiting a while for them to find the 4 bodies, unless K knows where he buried the others. :(

According to the link above 15 years, released in 2001? (I think)

Thanks Skibaboo. Going to expand my search criteria to MP's back to 2001. We need to find his property records too to see how long he owned that land in SC. And he has ties to AZ and Indiana so missing cases from those states could be his victims as well.

I checked SC to see if he was really licensed and is a broker through 2017...their main page says they NOW require criminal checks. Wth. Looks like he just lied on application, and SC never checked sex offender registry. Unreal.

Oh my god. I am a realtor and we worry about who we are meeting in properties when you go alone and here people are having this psycho in their properties. How had he got this job.

I literally cannot stop saying oh my god. I can't believe it has turned out like this. I feel a little guilty as I too had the car accident theory at the front of my mind.

Prayers for CDC. How did this one guy harm/kidnap both of these people single handed.

The only good outcome I can imagine is that K's captor lied to her and told her he had done this 4 other times and those women all died and were buried there. He might have told her that to keep her in his control. Unfortunately, with his history, I don't think he lied... 93 Acres is a huge property to search. We might be waiting a while for them to find the 4 bodies, unless K knows where he buried the others. :(

Me neither. :( Whatever else they find there, it's not going to be good.

Come on Charlie, prove us wrong! :candle:

I don't think he lived in Indiana. According to his LinkedIn, he worked for a company in Spartanburg that was headquartered in Indiana. Looks like he has been there (in South Carolina) since 2002. There's a 3 year gap in his resume though- Nov 2003 to May 2006

Edit **looks like he went to University of South Carolina Upstate from 2003-2007

What we know about the man in custody in Woodruff kidnapping

WOODRUFF, SC (WSPA) – A man is in custody after a woman missing from Anderson was found “chained up like a dog” inside a container in Woodruff Thursday morning.

Todd Christopher Kohlhepp, 45, is in the Spartanburg Co. Detention Center.

Spartanburg Co. Sheriff Chuck Wright says it is likely that he was be charged with at least kidnapping.

KOHLHEPP IS A SEX OFFENDER

Kohlhepp is a registered sex offender in SC.

The registry says he is a Juvenile Tier III type offender for a 10/16/1987 conviction in AZ for Kidnapping.

He was 16-years-old at the time of the conviction.

The Adam Walsh act created 3 tiers for sex offenses.

TIER III SEX OFFENDER.—The term ‘‘tier III sex offender’’ means a sex offender whose offense is punishable by imprisonment for more than 1 year and:

(A) is comparable to or more severe than the following offenses, or an attempt or conspiracy to commit such an offense:
(i) aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse (as described in sections 2241 and 2242 of title 18, United States Code); or
(ii) abusive sexual contact (as described in section 2244 of title 18, United States Code) against a minor who has not attained the age of 13 years; H. R. 4472—6

(B) involves kidnapping of a minor (unless committed by a parent or guardian); or

(C) occurs after the offender becomes a tier II sex offender.

7th Circuit Solicitor’s Office says each state has their own rules for sex offender registration. A kidnapping conviction is a qualifier in South Carolina if the case can be connected to a sex crime. The sentencing judge makes the final decision on registry designation.

His address is listed as 213 Windsong Way in Moore, SC.

I am too :) I checked SC to see if he was really licensed and is a broker through 2017...their main page says they NOW require criminal checks. Wth. Looks like he just lied on application, and SC never checked sex offender registry. Unreal.

How awful. The amount of times he must have been alone with vulnerable people showing houses etc.

I'm gonna stand with what I said earlier about checking areas of water I cant see someone burying a car or several cars

The container was described as being 30 feet by 15 feet by 10 or 12 feet. It was chained and locked, Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said at a news conference

Jesus, this is BAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member