Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Katelin Akens. Similar in that some believed she went missing voluntarily

Not to get OT, but I'm interested to know if there is a POI in her case? Someone known to her that purposely scattered items around to create a smokescreen and deflect suspicion away from themselves?

I technically get what you're saying. But imagining my loved one at the mercy of a monster would cause enormous grief and heartache. And what about when she is found? Suicide would probably be obvious at that point, anyway. It's awful to think about.

Totally agree. If you're going to red herring your suicide as an abduction you can never be found. Otherwise, you red herring as an accident. If you're thinking clearly....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But they won't call it an abduction....which bothers me so much.

Yes it bothers me too, at face value it is an abduction, but the police don't seem convinced.
I'm mentally going through a scenario of someone knocking at her door while she is wrapping the parcel. She leaves with them either voluntarily or involuntarily, ok so far, but I just can't figure her phone etc by the side of road.

I'm a runner, and I would be very reluctant to run on Old Oregon Trail. The shoulder is narrow and I bet people speed like crazy on that road. You would be amazed how close people come to you. It's like they don't want to cross the yellow line. Better to stay on the less used roads, and I bet people give more room without the center line, as well. The dust on those dirt roads can really suck, though, when a car goes by, but I expect they get far less traffic than Old Oregon Trail. I'd rather choke on a little dust now and again than accept the much higher risk of getting picked off by someone not paying attention. It's just not a good feeling to have cars whizzing by at 50 mph just a foot or two away from you.

If I lived where Sherri does, I could easily see myself running to the end of Sunrise Drive and then turning around, though, if that is what it took to get a run length I was happy with.

When training for a 5k, most people are going to want to run 5k, which is 3.1 miles. There is a nice loop she can do from her house, but it's about 2.2 miles. A run to the end of Sunrise Drive and back adds about 1.1 miles. So I could see it.

I tend to think the phone was found right on the corner. The evidence 500 feet up Old Oregon Trail might have been a red herring. It could also have been thrown there, of course.

I also think it is highly unlikely she ran for hours. If the sitings are credible, she could have walked to pick up her mail, or gone for a second run. One 5k run in the morning, and one in the afternoon. I've never done that, but it's not out of the question. I think it's more likely that one or more of the sitings is not credible, though. It's quite common.

The husband seems to discount the later sitings, because he said his best guess is she went jogging around 11:00, based on what his neighbors said.

Yes, yes, and more yes!

I technically get what you're saying. But imagining my loved one at the mercy of a monster would cause enormous grief and heartache. And what about when she is found? Suicide would probably be obvious at that point, anyway. It's awful to think about.

People who are suicidal are not always rational and their behavior doesn't often make sense to others, even when it's clearly a suicide or they leave a note. It can also be an entirely impulsive act (which is why guns increase a person's risk).

Is there someone she likely would have visited? Do we know she was inclined to do that during the day? And who that she would visit would also have a motive to murder her? Seems like a stretch without more information.

Forgive me if this has been answered... did we ever find out if she made any transactions in person and not just via USPS/UPS? Did she use craigslist to buy and sell?

At this point, I haven't seen any credible evidence that Sherri was depressed or about to snap. Not that people, even close family members, always know. But by now, in retrospect, her husband or other family members probably would have suddenly remembered seeing indications of a mental health problem ,if one existed. Again, I could be wrong. But at this point, I'm not seeing it as a suicide ( though it can't be ruled out).

Totally agree. If you're going to red herring your suicide as an abduction you can never be found. Otherwise, you red herring as an accident. If you're thinking clearly....

Which people who are depressed, irrational, suicidal, etc., are not always doing.

I'm trying to remember a case of a woman who went missing in Oregon. (Not Jennifer Huston.) I think she tried to get somewhere where no one would find her. Is this familiar to anyone else? Maybe I can find it...

Yes it bothers me too, at face value it is an abduction, but the police don't seem convinced.
I'm mentally going through a scenario of someone knocking at her door while she is wrapping the parcel. She leaves with them either voluntarily or involuntarily, ok so far, but I just can't figure her phone etc by the side of road.

Probably being cautious. They probably don't have enough evidence to make that determination for sure.

I really wish the checkbook was never mentioned here. There was a police report that somebody found a checkbook, and thought it might have something to do with the case. That's it. There are lots of things people found that they (the person who found it) think may have something to do with the case. It's highly unlikely.

Until LE says it has something to do with the case, it's just noise.

Not to get OT, but I'm interested to know if there is a POI in her case? Someone known to her that purposely scattered items around to create a smokescreen and deflect suspicion away from themselves?

Not sure if he was named a POI but I think IIRC there was suspicion about the step dad

Alexsea - I tried to respond to your message but it says your message box is full ;)

I have to agree. It's possible, but unlikely that she'd stage her suicide as an abduction. Since she was on foot, she'd also have to be somewhere fairly close if she killed herself. That is, unless she made sure she wouldn't be found. Not sure why she'd go to that much trouble.

I really wish the checkbook was never mentioned here. There was a police report that somebody found a checkbook, and thought it might have something to do with the case. That's it. There are lots of things people found that they (the person who found it) think may have something to do with the case. It's highly unlikely.

It would be great if LE clarified a few things, a press conference would be good too so maybe reporters can ask these questions. A cheque book has a name printed on it, it should be pretty easy to tell if it is hers or not.

I have to agree. It's possible, but unlikely that she'd stage her suicide as an abduction. Since she was on foot, she'd also have to be somewhere fairly close if she killed herself. That is, unless she made sure she wouldn't be found. Not sure why she'd go to that much trouble.

My point up thread exactly. But if she wasn't thinking clearly...

Thank you!!!!

I think you're right. I note that the latest reports from LE, on FB indicate that this disappearance is classified as "Suspicious Circumstances/At Risk". That good information has been received to create a timeline of her movements. And the time of day she was seen jogging/walking, which seems to rule out 2:00 p.m.: https://www.facebook.com/permalink....89968915&id=1527637610823075&substory_index=0

I question all the times, but there's nothing wrong with 2 PM as far as what LE says from the link, which 2 PM is 'early afternoon':
Again, the Sheriff’s Office has had multiple eye witness reports from neighbors that know Sherri Papini and she was seen in the area of Sunrise Drive on 11/02/16 in the mid to late-morning/early afternoon wearing a pink jogging top while she was on a jog/walk.

It would be great if LE clarified a few things, a press conference would be good too so maybe reporters can ask these questions. A cheque book has a name printed on it, it should be pretty easy to tell if it is hers or not.

Right? I really want to know for sure who last had in person contact with her and if there's any reason to think she had a visitor.

The assumption is she went missing while out for a run but we don't even know if that's true. I mean, someone could have pulled into her driveway with the ruse of asking for directions or something. Not that I think that! Just there are so many other possibilities if we're not 100% sure she was out for her run when she disappeared.

PS: Thank you for all your map work! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member