Identified! NY - Mount Vernon, WhtFem 51UFNY, 18-25, Left Near Junkyard, Feb'88 - Veronica Wiederhold

Wow Jess, this is really really brilliant, Thank You! (Love US accent). They even used Carl's recon and original news article from '88 which you have personally located in library, they even mentioned possible isotope testing, brilliant.

This is great publicity for MVJD and her FB page and hopefully might help in pursuing those isotopes tests too.
Did I mention brilliant? :)
:rose:

Wow Jess, this is really really brilliant, Thank You! (Love US accent). They even used Carl's recon and original news article from '88 which you have personally located in library, they even mentioned possible isotope testing, brilliant.

This is great publicity for MVJD and her FB page and hopefully might help in pursuing those isotopes tests too.
Did I mention brilliant? :)
:rose:

Finally listened to the podcast and watched the news piece both were very well done.

Jess, any idea how close DiMase is to getting isotopes done?

Finally listened to the podcast and watched the news piece both were very well done.

Jess, any idea how close DiMase is to getting isotopes done?

Unfortunately, not any closer. None of the labs that perform isotope testing are NY state accredited (still!)

Really sad no lab can make this test so we know wether the jane doe is indeed that woman that the agent suggests. She looks like it, but the heights differs considerably.

I think they should create one national lab dealing with all thse cases, as well as one national cold case team dealing with everything from missing persons, do homcides to the unidentified. Would certainly make things smoother since there is no time for the police at places like Mount Vernon to deal with cold cases like this when they don't even have a cold case unit and the city got 30+ unsolved homicides since.

Do you know why accreditation is necessary, by chance?

It's just like how you wouldn't want to go to a school that didn't have accreditation. You don't know that the work that they do is accurate, good, or ethical. You wouldn't know if it was right. It wouldn't hold up in court (or in the job interview, etc) if your school wasn't accredited because that means it didn't pass the tests needed so that people know that they did the job correctly.

It's just like how you wouldn't want to go to a school that didn't have accreditation. You don't know that the work that they do is accurate, good, or ethical. You wouldn't know if it was right. It wouldn't hold up in court (or in the job interview, etc) if your school wasn't accredited because that means it didn't pass the tests needed so that people know that they did the job correctly.

Thanks, rats.
I'm just surprised the Smithsonian isn't accredited by New York, it's not like they don't have any accreditation at all and are some fly by night lab, LOL

Thanks, rats.
I'm just surprised the Smithsonian isn't accredited by New York, it's not like they don't have any accreditation at all and are some fly by night lab, LOL

Honestly, I'm not sure why either. Unless they want a lab in NY for some reason?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lowe_sandra.html

I ran across this girl while looking for another and thought she looked like a Jane Doe one of y'all had in your profile signature..so..lol I had to search by people's post to find you Jess. This girl fits the description of Mt. Vernon Jane doe. She does however come from Cali. Now Robert Ben Rhoades M.O. was to shave the pubic regions of victims and he kept them for awhile. He was a long haul trucker but I think mostly in Texas and up through Illinoise. When I read about Mt.Vernon being shaved that really stood out. Also this one is not on the rule outs.

I ran across this girl while looking for another and thought she looked like a Jane Doe one of y'all had in your profile signature..so..lol I had to search by people's post to find you Jess. This girl fits the description of Mt. Vernon Jane doe. She does however come from Cali. Now Robert Ben Rhoades M.O. was to shave the pubic regions of victims and he kept them for awhile. He was a long haul trucker but I think mostly in Texas and up through Illinoise. When I read about Mt.Vernon being shaved that really stood out. Also this one is not on the rule outs.

He was in California too.

I submitted Sandra on your behalf. Unfortunately, Det. DiMase just informed me that he ruled her out based on fingerprints and dentals.

I submitted Sandra on your behalf. Unfortunately, Det. DiMase just informed me that he ruled her out based on fingerprints and dentals.

Jessr, has there been any updates on Tina Walls? Sorry if I missed something.
Thanks for checking on Sandra

Thanks for reminding me! I just emailed DiMase to ask about Tina. I think it's unlikely, due to the fact that Tina appeared to have a court case a year after MVJD was found, but anything is possible (child support chased my father years after he died - even AFTER my mother sent them his death certificate!)

Jessr, has there been any updates on Tina Walls? Sorry if I missed something.
Thanks for checking on Sandra

Thanks for reminding me! I just emailed DiMase to ask about Tina. I think it's unlikely, due to the fact that Tina appeared to have a court case a year after MVJD was found, but anything is possible (child support chased my father years after he died - even AFTER my mother sent them his death certificate!)

Thanks for the update.

Det. DiMase notified me today that Tina Walls has been officially ruled out with fingerprints and dentals.

Det. DiMase notified me today that Tina Walls has been officially ruled out with fingerprints and dentals.

Thank you again for the update. It's good to know. Everyone ruled out is one step closer, IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back