UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Chip-gate is in full flow. I don't suppose it really matters what he dropped to be fair, he picked it up and walked on.

Tony seems like the kind of guy who would jump on a plane and talk some sense into Corrie is he was thinking of going AWOL or already had, he'd tell him to weigh things up and convince him if he wanted to get out to pvr and if it was a case of a mental health issue making serving out notice impossible then speaking to personnel about it, they're pretty understanding about such things. Work seems like a big thing for Tony he said he was getting on his c.140th flight of the year.

Probably came to the number 140 as return flights....and that may be including holiday flights!

I keep looking at a case in Hull and as ive read people mention other cases I thought if your into things like real life crimes if someone wanted a quick look it makes me think of Corrie I don't no why maybe a bit similar but I lived in the area when this happened literally across the road. Girl is called Rachel Moran if you Google her name murder Hull it will bring her story up ..... There is a point to this the police knocked on the murderers door even went in and didn't think anything odd they missed it completely I wont give the ending up incase you are interested in it but look what he did with her personal items etc x

How does that fit with public broadcast of CCTV on crime programmes? In the Claudia Lawerence case the police put up a big screen to allow everyone to see CCTV images, I know it was several years after she went missing but there must be some circumstances in which it's allowed
Of course they can show images of people as part of a police enquiry but it can only be allowed in extreme circumstances. If they release 23 images of the general public chances are at least 20 of them are innocent people and it wouldn't be fair on them. Even if they don't identify all 23 when they are shown to the public in BSE they would be able to narrow it down to a handful and then release the images to the general public.

And whoever gave them the "tip" was wrong....

Did he say who actually gave them the "tip"? Maybe an anonymous poster? .....

It wasn't a tip from a person. Police helicopters looked for areas of disturbed ground in the area and noticed some by the A14. This is why they closed the road to search.

I keep looking at a case in Hull and as ive read people mention other cases I thought if your into things like real life crimes if someone wanted a quick look it makes me think of Corrie I don't no why maybe a bit similar but I lived in the area when this happened literally across the road. Girl is called Rachel Moran if you Google her name murder Hull it will bring her story up ..... There is a point to this the police knocked on the murderers door even went in and didn't think anything odd they missed it completely I wont give the ending up incase you are interested in it but look what he did with her personal items etc x

I hadn't heard of that case but have now read some old articles. Poor girl.

I think it's possible that Corrie was also lured into a car or building and something went wrong

Thats a ridiculous statement. Of course they'd be frantic if Prince Harry went missing!

Asronished he came out with such a ridiculous statement.

I thought exactly the same about Prince Harry.

Unless Corrie's disappearance is linked to his job it's just not a relevant factor IMO

I see Chip-gate is in full flow. I don't suppose it really matters what he dropped to be fair, he picked it up on walked on.
Respectfully, can we approach this less cynically and more studiously and forensically. If it was a chip it doesn't matter. If it was a sauce sachet it doesn't matter. If it was his phone it may matter. Regardless of what it is or was he dropped, it opens up a new line of enquiry for us to consider. That helps the case in my eyes.

Phone pings and bins- having read that the phone was within 5km of the mast when it pinged, and Nicola clarifying the phone could have travelled any route in that area as long as it went in the general direction, I think we all need to treat the bin lorry as an irrelevance- it could have been any vehicle within quite a broad timeframe, I think the original hope was the bin lorry would provide answers and was over emphasised.
I'm still inclined to think he was meeting someone, but I don't think he would need phone contact- in my younger days, after a night out I used to float round certain areas knowing that a lad I was after would also be in similar areas- I didn't know a time, just after pubs shut. Also just to throw the cat among the pigeons- vehicles are referred to and Corrie not leaving on foot, the missing poster suggested a bike as one of the missing items. Did they see Corrie leave the area on a bike, and then lost track of his movements?
I'm tired so probably not phrasing it at all well, but whilst I think it's highly unlikely, I don't think there is any evidence that dismisses the theory that he left the area on a bike.

But according to Tony and Nicola the bin area is a dead end. They claim there's only one way out - and that's the same way in. And now you're saying they're either lying or they're wrong.

The person leaving 4 minutes after Corrie may not have seen him. It's a small area, it wouldn't take 4 minutes to walk through - so that man could be anyone at all....

I do think Corrie took risks. Absolutely. He drank - a substantial amount - whilst sat in the driving seat of his car. That's illegal. So he took risks. Especially as the car was untaxed.

You were lucky you never got pulled over or clamped for having no tax. It's your responsibility to make sure it is taxed, and when you didn't receive the car registration documents you should have contacted the DVLA. Ignorance is no defence against the law, and had you been clamped they would have made you pay to be released. You couldn't have said "oh, I didn't realise I didn't have tax".

And the same applies to Corrie. He should have (possibly did) know he had no car tax. Or are you saying he didn't receive his documents, either? His car isn't newish, it's about 10 years old. Why made you think it was newish?

Corrie was drinking BEFORE he went out that night, and then for an hour in the car...then he went to a couple of pubs, then finally the nightclub - where he was ejected. He then bought 2 cheeseburgers, chips AND a kebab, then semi passed out in a doorway for two hours. And you call that normal? And if my daughters did that I'd be beside myself!

Firstly if you look back at the info, you'll find.lots of comments regarding 3 or 4 ways in and out of the horseshoe area on foot. They aren't lying as they've confirmed that too (and neither am.I, I've read the comments). Secondly, I didn't say I was in the right not having car tax, I'm saying that's not risky behaviour person as it happened quite by accident to me (though not a defence in law). Thirdly, I didn't mean his car was new, sorry my wording was wrong, I meant new to Corrie. Fourthly, where did you get the info about his car having no car tax on it from? I haven't read that anywhere and may have missed it. And finally, yes, this is what happens week in week out across the country. Your children may or.may not don't but I know it happens as I've seen it myself. Of course it's dangerous but many, many teens and twenties do it I'm afraid.

Anyway, on other some of the other theories. I think many of you have looked carefully into the facts and there are quite a few plausible ones. I think I'm still of the 'wrong place, wrong time' camp myself. I am utterly convinced that Corrie talks or goes over to someone as he walks into the horseshoe.

Phone pings and bins- having read that the phone was within 5km of the mast when it pinged, and Nicola clarifying the phone could have travelled any route in that area as long as it went in the general direction, I think we all need to treat the bin lorry as an irrelevance- it could have been any vehicle within quite a broad timeframe, I think the original hope was the bin lorry would provide answers and was over emphasised.
I'm still inclined to think he was meeting someone, but I don't think he would need phone contact- in my younger days, after a night out I used to float round certain areas knowing that a lad I was after would also be in similar areas- I didn't know a time, just after pubs shut. Also just to throw the cat among the pigeons- vehicles are referred to and Corrie not leaving on foot, the missing poster suggested a bike as one of the missing items. Did they see Corrie leave the area on a bike, and then lost track of his movements?
I'm tired so probably not phrasing it at all well, but whilst I think it's highly unlikely, I don't think there is any evidence that dismisses the theory that he left the area on a bike.

If he left on a bike he would be caught on many many cctv cameras. There would have been little point in identifying and then appealing for witnesses in the immediate area. There wouldn't be a point to investigating the three remaining vehicles in the time frame, because Corrie would be seen leaving on a bike.

Respectfully, can we approach this less cynically and more studiously and forensically. If it was a chip it doesn't matter. If it was a sauce sachet it doesn't matter. If it was his phone it may matter. Regardless of what it is or was he dropped, it opens up a new line of enquiry for us to consider. That helps the case in my eyes.

Sorry, MidsummersDay, I don't mean to be cynical but when you've been here a while you realise that cases like this follow a familiar pattern. Much enthusiasm and over excitement with some fantastic and valuable sleuthing for a few weeks, then any new news starts trickling to a halt, then people write essays about what happened and we start believing things out of desperation. Today I have been reading small chapters about Corrie's affair with the American airman's wife. I'm not even sure if that's a rumour, or just speculation (big difference).

Whatever Corrie dropped it doesn't look big enough to be a phone or wallet. I like the chip fork or sauce sachet theories best.

If he left on a bike he would be caught on many many cctv cameras. There would have been little point in identifying and then appealing for witnesses in the immediate area. There wouldn't be a point to investigating the three remaining vehicles in the time frame, because Corrie would be seen leaving on a bike.

We don't know how far he got, where the other witnesses were/ or all the vehicles. They haven't said he didn't leave on a bike, he didn't leave on foot (in between the lines, he could have
Left on a bike and that is the last footage of him). Highly doubt it, but likewise possible.

The untaxed car is weighing on me - he could probably drive it on base without being ticketed but off base sounds risky. And leaving it overnight in a public car park off base? I just don't see it.

Corrie posted pics of this cute silver convertible MG that he purchased at 21. On Instagram, he shows his new, shiny blue BMW convertible (age 23). Guy liked his cars! Would any guy rightfully want to leave his beautiful, shiny car in an open car park over night, knowing it was untaxed and could get booted (and potentially damaged in the process)? Plus, IIRC, convertibles were not really the norm in this area due to the weather, so it was an eye-grabber. Seems like he would either be trying to sober up to drive it home or if he was meeting someone, planned to come back later that morning to pick it up. I almost see him leaning more toward sobering and driving it to safety than leaving it to be ticketed otherwise. You?

That post you've quoted me as saying - I did not write that!

I never said it was the first time I'd heard his car was untaxed!

Anyhiw, it's true - his car WAS untaxed,

The witnesses they sought were in bury at Edmunds- not a specific area.

Sorry, MidsummersDay, I don't mean to be cynical but when you've been here a while you realise that cases like this follow a familiar pattern. Much enthusiasm and over excitement with some fantastic and valuable sleuthing for a few weeks, then any new news starts trickling to a halt, then people write essays about what happened and we start believing things out of desperation. Today I have been reading small chapters about Corrie's affair with the American airman's wife. I'm not even sure if that's a rumour, or just speculation (big difference).

Whatever Corrie dropped it doesn't look big enough to be a phone or wallet. I like the chip fork or sauce sachet theories best.

:goodpost:

No apology needed. Don't worry, I think we are all on the same wavelength here regardless of age or gender. As far as im concerned we need passionate people in EVERY walk of life to stimulate thought processes. What matters most is that you're contributing positively and with facts. :)

Regarding untaxed cars, they act fairly quickly. I received a letter within two months of no tax (I was selling and doing the mot hence not declaring sorn) the fines build up too. Seems odd to not tax it because they do chase you.

Yes, it is odd indeed. Check the DVLA site, they'll confirm it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl