UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know that's the order it happened in? Perhaps he drove to Waitrose, bought some alcohol in there then went back out to sit in his car and drink it while chatting to Darroch?

waitrose would have been closed at that time.

Understandably the phone is something everyone seems to be focusing on, but what other possessions did he have on him ? Surely a set of keys, unless I have missed it I don't recall anything like this being mentioned.

It wasn't a tip from a person. Police helicopters looked for areas of disturbed ground in the area and noticed some by the A14. This is why they closed the road to search.

Thanks, Ironside - I didn't realize this is what happened...

Im sure someone who is more tech savvy can find the original posters and screenshot - I can't do that, but this is an update from end of October and asks people to keep an eye out for a missing bike.
So we are now on the way to reaching 50,000 members! at least one of you must have seen something ⭐️

💙- Corrie was last seen in Brentgovel street in Bury St Edmunds at around 3.20am on Saturday morning, 24th September, and has not been seen or been in contact with anyone since.
💚- Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, of medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light pink Ralph lauren Shirt 👚 and white jeans at the time he was last seen.
💙- Officers 👮 and Family/friends are concerned for his welfare and are asking anyone who has any information on his whereabouts, to contact the incident room on 01473 782019.
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
💚- If you have any CCTV police are not aware of, please retain it and inform the police on the incident room number.
💙- Check you're own sheds and gardens
💚- Advise police immediately if you were out on Friday 23rd September into early hours of Saturday or if you know anyone that was- even if you did not see Corrie, you MUST be eliminated
💙- Report to police if you have found anything eg: Keys, black Nokia Lumia mobile phone, black phone case, a bike, clothing, wallet.
💚- If you have an elderly neighbour please help them check.
DON'T DO THIS TOMORROW, DO IT NOW!

waitrose would have been closed at that time.

You are local? I've been meaning to ask a local about Waitrose because it shuts at 21:00 on Fridays and seems to have barriers and if those are lowered at 21:00 then how could Corrie drive in at ~22:20?

Or maybe "Waitrose car park" is another example of a generic answer (like the "landfill" for the recycling centre). Could the car have been parked in the Halfords carpark or on the street itself?

Then you could ask the reason to sleep in the doorway instead of getting a taxi after he got the takeaway, we don't know

I have not seen any evidence that "he slept".

However, there is evidence that he was there at 01.20am
And that he left at 03.24am

There are only two conclusions.
He was "way drunk and was unable to get a taxi"
Or "it is a wait".

I'll run with either of those.
I will not run with "he spoke to a tramp and the tramp said, hey why not sleep with me and my chums on the roof".

Another poster pointed out, "this is getting like facebook".
I have to agree

Im sure someone who is more tech savvy can find the original posters and screenshot - I can't do that, but this is an update from end of October and asks people to keep an eye out for a missing bike.
So we are now on the way to reaching 50,000 members! at least one of you must have seen something ⭐️

💙- Corrie was last seen in Brentgovel street in Bury St Edmunds at around 3.20am on Saturday morning, 24th September, and has not been seen or been in contact with anyone since.
💚- Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, of medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light pink Ralph lauren Shirt 👚 and white jeans at the time he was last seen.
💙- Officers 👮 and Family/friends are concerned for his welfare and are asking anyone who has any information on his whereabouts, to contact the incident room on 01473 782019.
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
💚- If you have any CCTV police are not aware of, please retain it and inform the police on the incident room number.
💙- Check you're own sheds and gardens
💚- Advise police immediately if you were out on Friday 23rd September into early hours of Saturday or if you know anyone that was- even if you did not see Corrie, you MUST be eliminated
💙- Report to police if you have found anything eg: Keys, black Nokia Lumia mobile phone, black phone case, a bike, clothing, wallet.
💚- If you have an elderly neighbour please help them check.
DON'T DO THIS TOMORROW, DO IT NOW!

Thank you for that

Thanks, Ironside - I didn't realize this is what happened...

Not disagreeing with Ironside's reply, but I recall reading somewhere (and apologies I can't provide a link now) that there had been a 'tip-off' from someone driving past this area. This driver thought he had seen a person in light coloured clothing in this vicinity and that was the specific reason for the road closure and search.

Very grateful if anyone else who read this information is able to post a link, but just putting it out for info - makes little difference really. TIA.

eta : - thinking back the Police said an "information led" search.

However, there is evidence that he was there at 01.20am
And that he left at 03.24am

There are only two conclusions.
He was "way drunk and was unable to get a taxi"
Or "it is a wait".

I'll run with either of those.
I will not run with "he spoke to a tramp and the tramp said, hey why not sleep with me and my chums on the roof".

Another poster pointed out, "this is getting like facebook".
I have to agree

Re the question of whether he slept are you doubting that he actually fell asleep while in the doorway rather than just sat there awake or do you think he never sat down in the doorway at all?

Whether his car is taxed or not does not matter - it is in no way an indication of where Corrie is now.

Tax-gate is over, nothing to see here folks!

Next?

Re the question of whether he slept are you doubting that he actually fell asleep while in the doorway rather than just sat there awake or do you think he never sat down in the doorway at all?

Not really sure why it is relevant.
He was in that area/doorway at 1.20am
He left that area/doorway at 3.24am

He sent a photo at 3.08am to a friend BECAUSE that friend must have come forward.
Any other activity on the phone (over data) cannot be known, because we don't have the phone.
None of us have viewed the "nearly two hours of tape" of Corrie in the doorway....but unless he was "passed out cold", I don't see the relevance.

It's getting like "why is there air" !

Someone asked about Corrie possibly going back to sleep in the bin area and left after 08:00. Tony's response is interesting because it may be the reason for the 08:00 CCTV cut-off by Police?

Tony Wringe said:
possible, but unlikely - a number of people were in that area, including the entire BSE street cleaning & bin emptying teams (they meet in that horseshoe at 8am on a Saturday) none of them saw him.

Not really sure why it is relevant.
He was in that area/doorway at 1.20am
He left that area/doorway at 3.24am

He sent a photo at 3.08am to a friend BECAUSE that friend must have come forward.
Any other activity on the phone (over data) cannot be known, because we don't have the phone.
None of us have viewed the "nearly two hours of tape" of Corrie in the doorway....but unless he was "passed out cold", I don't see the relevance.

It's getting like "why is there air" !

You originally posted

I was asking for clarification of what you meant by that, I assumed, maybe wrongly, that you'd posted those words because you thought they were relevant.

I like to keep up with everyone's theories and wanted to make sure I understood what you meant.

Interesting factoid.

It is interesting but I was under the impression that aside from the fact that it's highly unlikely he stayed in that particular area all night anything after 8am is irrelevant. They must have what they need before those hours. Although Tony has cited lack of resources they must have made a conscious decision to end cctv viewing there, my guess would be because they know by 8am the phone was dead?

If he wasn't taken immediately away and then whatever has happened has happened and toure looking at.m him being held captive in bse over the night period (which seems a bit silly if you're trying to stay undetected) the chances are he was still taken from the loading Bay Area before 8am. I would hazard well before then due to market traders.

It would be beneficial to perhaps investigate the possibilty he was held captive until a later point but they would still need to ascertain the point he was taken from the loading bay, without that you've got no clue where to look for him leaving bse.

You originally posted

I was asking for clarification of what you meant by that, I assumed, maybe wrongly, that you'd posted those words because you thought they were relevant.

I like to keep up with everyone's theories and wanted to make sure I understood what you meant.

I assume it meant because we as the public haven't seen the cctv of Corrie in the doorway. We have the family's confirmation he slept in the doorway, but you can't tell from looking if a person is genuinely asleep or dozing etc

<modsnip> Tony has just confirmed they are looking for 9 "different" people on the CCTV and they know they are all different people. <modsnip> I am coming round to the idea that he may have left the area and been seen leaving the area - but they can't pick up the lead anywhere else and we are just not privy to that information yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther