Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one article her dad said she had a doctors appointment (maybe next day?). I feel if she looked "beat up" (dirty, disheveled) that could pass as battered especially when you factor in being tied up. Also battered could mean limping, and or bruised... it is rather subjective. My hunch is that the person who originally commented on the sac bee article, the one who claimed to have chp friend, was accurate since they knew details MORNING of, before anything was released, about her being restrained etc. of course she had additional details which are not corroborated by MSm, so who knows.

A doctor's appointment could have been an appointment with a psychiatrist, an optometrist, an orthopedic doctor or even a dentist. We don't know and probably shouldn't read too much into it.

There was no statement issued about credit card activity, etc.

I found it quite notable that the family said that they felt she had been taken out of the area, and then it turns out she had, in fact, been taken out of the area.

Just a good guess? Or did they know something, perhaps something told to them by LE. Been wondering about bank cards and the like as well, although their use doesn't really prove she left the area.

They said abduction immediately ... even LE wasn't certain on that.
They said she was taken out of area.
They said she would be home by Thanksgiving.

One thing is for sure, their hinkey meters were working a heck of a lot better than mine!

Yes, its true, the comments on MSM are much worse.

Plus you get graded for your spelling and grammar there too! :giggle: And you know someone will always bring the P word into the discussion.

Can you specify what the assumptions are? Your quote about the CHP has me confused.

The main assmption is that CHP is "police officers who unfortunately deal with it and see it on a regular basis."

No they're not. It's the highway patrol. They write traffic tickets. I wouldn't assume they have a lot of training and/or experience with 'heavily battered' kidnap victims, or their court cases.

There was no statement issued about credit card activity, etc.

I found it quite notable that the family said that they felt she had been taken out of the area, and then it turns out she had, in fact, been taken out of the area.

Just a good guess? Or did they know something, perhaps something told to them by LE. Been wondering about bank cards and the like as well, although their use doesn't really prove she left the area.
They said initially that her credit cards were left at home. Or am I not understanding the discussion?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

A doctor's appointment could have been an appointment with a psychiatrist, an optometrist, an orthopedic doctor or even a dentist. We don't know and probably shouldn't read too much into it.

I thought the same thing. We don't know what kind of doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

has it been proven that the woman seen in the pickup truck (parking lot in anderson?) was sherri? she appeared the day after right? was her condition described at all by the two witnesses? i'd like to know if that was her and what shape she was in and what she was wearing. i believe they got the license plates of the vehicle. i'm assuming they aren't related though. only because i haven't heard it really mentioned.

The main assmption is that CHP is "police officers who unfortunately deal with it and see it on a regular basis."

No they're not. It's the highway patrol. They write traffic tickets. I wouldn't assume they have a lot of training and/or experience with 'heavily battered' kidnap victims, or their court cases.

That's kind of minimizing their duties. They also work crashes and, as such, encounter their fair share of injuries. From your same source: https://www.chp.ca.gov/home/about-us/medal-of-valor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highways have horrific traffic accidents above and beyond speeding tickets, IMO. I am sure that CHP has that kind of trauma training and I would be surprised if they do not, as well as frequent hands on experience.

Of course if I am incorrect as to the kinds of highway incidents they are summoned to then someone will correct me. We are not shy here!

:cheers:

Plus you get graded for your spelling and grammar there too! :giggle: And you know someone will always bring the P word into the discussion.

All of which makes me glad to be here at WS. I sometimes get back to edit my Spelig and Gramma but not always, LOL

Ahhh...

I live in California and the California Highway Patrol isn't just a group of traffic cops writing traffic tickets. They're the equivalent of a State Police. Yes, they do have more training than enforcing traffic laws.

<modsnip>

Admin question; Can I post a link to an article? Not sure if it's MSM....

Hi JLM ... Thanks for asking. Send me the link and we'll have a look at it.

I'm sure that Sherri gave as much information as possible to responding officers. I have no reason to think otherwise.

I'm not sure that LE has to release this information to the public at this time. We'll find out sooner or later. If for some reason Sherri didn't cooperate with LE we'll hear about it. Until then I'm assuming she gave LE what she could given the circumstances. JMO

The sheriff did say that they have only gotten limited information so far from Sherri. Whether that's due to her emotional state or being uncooperative for some reason hasn't been stated.

The California Highway Patrol do a hell of a lot more than write traffic tickets! Very disrespectful comment. They are often the first responders to devastating car accidents, they see more injuries than anyone should in a lifetime. They handle the aftermath of drunk and impaired drivers, careless drivers and vehicle deaths & injury by accident/negligence. They see suicides off overpasses or into traffic. Many of these injuries end up in court, requiring testimony etc. The CHP are as qualified as any policeman to report "heavily battered" and absolutely trained in first aid, triage, first response etc. The CHP wear many hats and writing traffic tickets is a fraction of their responsibilities.

A bit of information about the CHP.

In addition to its highway patrol duties, the CHP also provides other services including protecting state buildings and facilities (most notably the California State Capitol) and bodyguarding state officials. The CHP also works with municipal law enforcement agencies, providing assistance in investigations, patrol, and other aspects of law enforcement.

The California Highway Patrol is the largest state police agency in the United States, with more than 10,500 employees, 7,200 of whom are sworn officers, according to FBI data.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Highway_Patrol

P word? Persnickety? Pus...illanimous? Persimmons? Okay, no, maybe piecrust? Pumpkin piecrust? :thinking: Yeah, idk and I'm going to take a nap. Luh you, Boots. Oh wait, is it poots? :thinking::thinking:

The California Highway Patrol do a hell of a lot more than write traffic tickets! Very disrespectful comment. They are often the first responders to devastating car accidents, they see more injuries than anyone should in a lifetime. They handle the aftermath of drunk and impaired drivers, careless drivers and vehicle deaths & injury by accident/negligence. They see suicides off overpasses or into traffic. Many of these injuries end up in court, requiring testimony etc. The CHP are as qualified as any policeman to report "heavily battered" and absolutely trained in first aid, triage, first response etc. The CHP wear many hats and writing traffic tickets is a fraction of their responsibilities.

Well said. Here is an example of the CHP taking the lead in investigating a tragic hit and run (mother hit daughter and fled) in Fortuna CA. As is usual, the community was all over the CHP to hurry up in their investigation. They did make an arrest two months later after a thorough investigation.

So they are absolutely qualified to make assessments of injuries on the scene, along with many other duties.

http://www.krcrtv.com/north-coast-n...on-fortuna-hit-and-run-investigation/40045216

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...th-14-die-in-hit-amp-run-Fortuna-12-July-2016

The sheriff did say that they have only gotten limited information so far from Sherri. Whether that's due to her emotional state or being uncooperative for some reason hasn't been stated.

Sherri may have given le all the information she has to give and le's description of that amount of information is "limited".

Limited information, to me, means limited to sherri's knowledge. You can't give information over and above what your limit of information is.

Maybe with time and rest, her level of information may increase but it also may not.

My point was simply this:

Sometimes a case appears here that challenges everything WE think we know, based on stats, profiles or whatever. It DOES happen. For whatever reason I thought of the girl in the UK today where she went missing and it was her putrid step-brother that killed her. Forgive me for not remembering her name right now.

All I know it is this: My heart goes out to Sherri, her hubby, her kids, and those who love her.

LE will sort all of this out. They always do.

They definitely don't always sort things out, but here's to hoping they do in this case!

My point was simply this:

Sometimes a case appears here that challenges everything WE think we know, based on stats, profiles or whatever. It DOES happen. For whatever reason I thought of the girl in the UK today where she went missing and it was her putrid step-brother that killed her. Forgive me for not remembering her name right now.

All I know it is this: My heart goes out to Sherri, her hubby, her kids, and those who love her.

LE will sort all of this out. They always do.

They said initially that her credit cards were left at home. Or am I not understanding the discussion?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yes, they said cash and cards were left at home, though they never made any statements about activity on her accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo