Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you find something that backs up your opinion then post a link. Until then I'll just go with my own observations living in Northern California.

So be it, as I will go with my own observations as well. It appears you and I are witnessing different things.

Dahmer's victim escaped and alerted police, Smart was rescued by police, Berry escaped in the Castro case and alerted police. A wicked world indeed, but I specifically mentioned being released VOLUNTARILY after rape and other deviant things have occurred to the victim. I struggle to remember any cases like that involving high profile victims that were being searched for.

Abigail H.

LE has even said they were going to give Sherri time to be reunited with her family before they talked to her again. That has been in so many articles now for days.

It is very common when a victim has been abducted for the police to give them several days to reunite with their loved ones. LE knows the best thing for Sherri since she was found is to be around only those who love her. LE said they would be talking with Sherri in the coming days. I imagine they will come out to her home tomorrow since the holiday weekend will be over, and speak with her there since she would feel more relaxed inside of her own home.

You are right, Ranch, the police did say Sherri was very emotionally upset when found. I imagine she was crying inconsolably and was hysterical.

I've seen this happen in cases where they have an obvious perpetrator. In cases where the victim was located on property owned by the perp, and they have the perp in custody. Elizabeth Smart, Jacee Dugard. I completely get that. This is a case where they have a kidnapping victim and they haven't apprehended the perpetrators. I'm puzzled.

In the old days, I volunteered to work in advocacy for sexual assault survivors. My main interface was meeting a survivor at the hospital, going through the medical exam and attending any and all law enforcement interviews.

I have no idea what happened to Sherrie but I will say that when she was mentioned to be battered, many assumed that the battering injuries were fresh. This might not be the case. Her injuries may have occurred days or longer before and be evident but not need medical care. LE would have taken the time to photograph her injuries though because if they find a weapon it may match the injuries she has which builds a stronger case.

If there was a sexual assault, they would interview that day and get an emotional reading on her from professionals to determine when they should reinterview. Most sexual assault victims are interviewed more than four or five times to get as much detail as possible. If Sherri was attacked one or more times, that is a very traumatizing interview because they would interview her about each time. It takes skill and compassion and a keen awareness of the stability of the survivor. I have watched those interviews and they are brutal just for the sheer detail that needs to be gathered to create a case.

The gathering of evidence can take hours. The physical exam, swabbing for dna on anything the perpetrators might have touched including the restraints and her clothes is painstaking.

We haven't really touched on the non-sexual assault (if there was a sexual assault)hours she spent in captivity. Where was she? How was she kept? What were the sounds? This kind of interviewing is also grueling because the smallest thing could be a watershed clue as to where and by whom she was kept. Again, they get the first interview done. Then, they reinterview and begin to piece the story together. Unlike on TV, the process could take days and weeks to complete.

I am confused as to the limited description put out by LE with a call to look out for two women in an SUV, regardless of race or ethnicity, the description is really a non-description and a non-call for action, except to signal to people who know these women that LE has enough data so why not turn them in. But that is really just a guess because the way LE is handling the case is a new one on me.

Jumping off this post, did I read that Shasta County Police had already been doing investigations in the Yolo County area before Sherri was found?

Or did I imagine that?

Sorry in advance if I have this totally wrong....

I thought I read that as well. Which makes me wonder... Was there ever a statement issued that there was no activity on her credit cards and/or bank accounts? That's pretty standard. Could there have been activity (either captor or her using her cards), and that's what led them to call off the search so fast and focus on other areas?

Of course, I easily could have missed it, I've been running about 3 threads behind. 😉

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Much to Dexter's dismay, I'd like to speak to the term battered. :blushing:

I had to look up the definition just to be sure, as I was wondering if it meant battered by another person, or battered by rolling down a hill, or falling down stairs, exposure to the elements etc..

Adj. 1. battered - damaged by blows or hard usage battered - damaged by blows or hard usage; "a battered old car"; "the beaten-up old Ford"

beaten-up, beat-up
damaged - harmed or injured or spoiled; "I won't buy damaged goods"; "the storm left a wake of badly damaged buildings"

2. battered - damaged especially by hard usage battered - damaged especially by hard usage; "his battered old hat"

worn - affected by wear; damaged by long use; "worn threads on the screw"; "a worn suit"; "the worn pockets on the jacket"

3. battered - exhibiting symptoms resulting from repeated physical and emotional injury battered - exhibiting symptoms resulting from repeated physical and emotional injury; "a battered child"; "the battered woman syndrome"

ill-treated, maltreated, mistreated, abused - subjected to cruel treatment; "an abused wife"

And, sadly, I'm still confused. :tantrum:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/battered

Okay.

Thanks for the definition.

Now we need to know why they physically abused her.

I'm sure that they told her the reason of why she was there. Jmo.

So hopefully the abduction motive is released soon. Jmo

Btw.

We are all simply here to find out why and who.

Now who may take a while to be discovered.

But why shouldn't take this long. Jmo

He's seen Sherri and said she's doing good, she's going to be okay, she's got an appointment with a doctor today and I'm sure the police have a lot of questions for her.

'We don't know much about what happened yet, Keith has been following his instructions from the police so he's not able to tell us everything. But she's back that's the main thing.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...azing-Thanksgiving-ask-for.html#ixzz4RGZiFPLP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...says-return-amazing-Thanksgiving-ask-for.html

If SP was SA does she have the right to keep that info confidential?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would think when someone is caught, it would be one of the charges (if it happened)

IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wonder if LE is legally allowed to publicly report if someone was a victim of SA. When TK abducted KB and had her chained in a storage shed, the public was not told of her specific injuries or whether she'd been SA.

I wonder too. That's why I asked. Isn't that up to Sherri whether or not that information is disclosed? I'm guessing it is.

IMO, law enforcement owes the public nothing. They must have had their reasons for not disclosing more details of her captors. It seems that they don't feel as if the public is in danger. If they did, they'd say so.

100% agree with you Classy.

My point was simply this:
Sometimes a case appears here that challenges everything WE think we know, based on stats, profiles or whatever. It DOES happen.

Here we are, 9 threads deep into a case that we still KNOW very little about. This feels like the longest case of my life. So many questions.

If there is no danger then why release a description that describes a good chunk of the population. Why not wait until they have enough info to actually identify these women? This was incredibly irresponsible of them and the Hispanic community deserves better.

Because people like us are whining and begging for information. They gave us a bite. Unfortunately the public is still hungry.

Admin question; Can I post a link to an article? Not sure if it's MSM....

@ Ontario Mom re: UK case. Becky Watts?

missgulfsouth said:
Here we are, 9 threads deep into a case that we still KNOW very little about. This feels like the longest case of my life. So many questions.

I have the same thoughts about the Corrie McKeague case.

jmo

let's just drop the battered discussion.

Jmo.

She obviously had no broken bones and wasn't raped.

So let's be thankful and concentrate on the 2 perps or the why and how. Jmo

I haven't seen any confirmation that she wasn't sexually assaulted.

I don't know how we can drop the subject of Sherri being heavily battered, Dex, since it came directly from a conversation with the police dispatcher and a CHP officer.

Just because the abductors broke no bones and honestly we don't even really know that for a fact either. If she sustained any fractures or broken bones that could be corrected with a soft or hard cast and she would still be able to go home. Even if she had fractured ribs they wouldn't keep her in the hospital. The hospital staff had to know who Sherri was and what had happened to her so I am sure they did everything they could for her so she could be reunited with her family that day. Nowadays hospitals do not admit people like they use to do. Even surgeries that use to put a patient in the hospital for a week or more is now done as an outpatient.

Being heavily beaten is very traumatic even if there are no broken bones. The emotional scars from being severely beaten is what is the most traumatic. I know, I have sustained both type of injuries from my ex-husband.

Dahmer's victim escaped and alerted police, Smart was rescued by police, Berry escaped in the Castro case and alerted police. A wicked world indeed, but I specifically mentioned being released VOLUNTARILY after rape and other deviant things have occurred to the victim. I struggle to remember any cases like that involving high profile victims that were being searched for.
The lady in California who was drugged, kidnapped, raped, and dropped off near one of her parent's home a couple of years ago. LE stated it was a hoax, until they found out it wasn't. I think her initials were DH. She and her bf's reputations were dragged through the mud on top of what they had been through, especially her. But, I'm not sure about someone who wasn't sexually assaulted being let go. Seems that's a primary reason for holding a female for a period of time. JMO. I'm glad she is home safe, and hope she is surrounded by loving supportive people. I can not imagine what those three weeks were like.

I'm just completely a nosey rosey. I don't deserve to know the details of this case.

But the people of Redding do deserve to know, and I hope they get answers.

If and when she speaks about what happened, I feel it still won't be good enough for people and they will continue to do... this. Whatever it is that has been happening here. Ha. Maybe everyone is just overwhelmed with no real details to go off of.

I feel it's not even theories anymore. It is just picking apart every single word said or not said. I guess I'm just thinking out loud because I can't make myself stop reading. [emoji58]

I guess I am just confused how on ppl think every detail should have been relayed and told already. In a local case I follow, they found the body, crime scene, etc and we waited over a year to hear anything. Meanwhile they had a lot going on and now have the guy and trials have begun. All while everyone thought nothing was happening. And they also didn't warn us locals about a killer on the lose.. so to speak.

I understand why ppl are speculating and questioning what has been told but at the same time, they have a lot to sort through and wrap their investigation around. I would assume and is my thought. Not good enough when they do. Not good enough when they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member