Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking that. The flowery statement he made sounded like amateur romance writing to me. I immediately thought the sister wrote it for him.

❤

Sounds like Sherris engagement and wedding blogs

IMO sherri wrote these

So much for the whole wanting privacy thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking that. The flowery statement he made sounded like amateur romance writing to me. I immediately thought the sister wrote it for him.

[emoji173]

The sister is in theatre..... maybe she has some connections with writers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose, in this cold world, that it is possible that numerous motorists passed her without batting an eye in the wee hours of the morning............but, we have no idea if that is true or how many calls to 911 there were. I probably would not have stopped out of fear of a trap, but I CERTAINLY would have reported seeing her right away! Presumably, there is blood on her clothes from coughing it up, and there is no reason to conceal that as evidence. Sherri must have told LE that she was not the girl at the truck stop. Maybe she wasn't, but maybe she is afraid to say. JMO

Agree, and it might be two men who kidnapped her & not two women--she could just be too terrified to tell what happened. I can totally see doing that if I was in her position.

Here is an FBI website which details what Human Trafficking is, how prevalent it is, and what they are doing to try to stop it:

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/civil-rights/human-trafficking

SNIP:

..."Here in this country, people are being bought, sold, and smuggled like modern-day slaves, often beaten, starved, and forced to work as prostitutes or to take jobs as migrant, domestic, restaurant, or factory workers with little or no pay. Over the past decade, human trafficking has been identified as a heinous crime which exploits the most vulnerable in society. Among the Civil Rights Unit’s priorities is its human trafficking program, based on the passage of the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which provided that “neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States.”

Under the human trafficking program, the Bureau investigates matters where a person was induced to engage in commercial sex acts through force, fraud, or coercion, or to perform any labor or service through force, coercion, or threat of law or legal process. Typically, human trafficking cases fall under the following investigative areas:

Domestic Sex Trafficking of Adults: When persons are compelled to engage in commercial sex acts through means of force, fraud, and/or coercion.

Sex Trafficking of International Adults and Children: When foreign nationals, both adult and juveniles, are compelled to engage in commercial sex acts with a nexus to the United States through force, fraud, and/or coercion. (Note: Matters of domestic juvenile sex trafficking are handled by the FBI’s Violent Crimes against Children Section.”

Forced Labor: When persons, domestic or foreign nationals, are compelled to work in some service or industry through force or coercion.
Domestic Servitude: When persons, domestic or foreign nationals, are compelled to engage in domestic work for families or households, through means of force or coercion..."

Here is another website, which specifically deals with Human Sex Trafficking issue in California; the group is called the Guardian Group:

https://theguardiangroup.org/?gclid=CJXWisTC09ACFUtNfgodTfIGAQ

SNIP:

..."While those statistics may already be shocking to most, the sad fact is that they are on the rise in the U.S. and globally. What is being done about this very real war against human trafficking? For the most part, the answer is “We’re trying . . .” Human trafficking is truly at epidemic proportions and it’s showing zero signs of letting up or slowing down. Why? Most predators function on the fringes of social awareness. The crime can be masked in a variety of ways and, with the resources of our law enforcement agencies stretched thin, incidences of human trafficking can often fall off their “radar”."

❤

The writing is very much like the writing in her blog about meeting KP and the romance. Maybe they write in the same style.....but the style seems feminine, to me. JMO

I feel very troubled by this case
Everything I am reading is troubling

Glad she is alive and home

I suppose, in this cold world, that it is possible that numerous motorists passed her without batting an eye in the wee hours of the morning............but, we have no idea if that is true or how many calls to 911 there were. I probably would not have stopped out of fear of a trap, but I CERTAINLY would have reported seeing her right away! Presumably, there is blood on her clothes from coughing it up, and there is no reason to conceal that as evidence. Sherri must have told LE that she was not the girl at the truck stop. Maybe she wasn't, but maybe she is afraid to say. JMO

The witness who reported this gave the plate numbers to police
I expect LE knows exactly who was in that truck

At this time, I am going to believe they did not have to clear this with Sherri, LE already knew who was in the truck

I would feel better about this if KP would be quiet now and let the authorities do their work. He should take a breather and spend his time helping his wife heal. Every day this gets more and more bizarre!

Trying to keep up which isn't easy, lol.

I don't doubt Sherri was abducted and tortured. It's the motive that I struggle with. I just can't believe this whole thing was a random event.

Trying to keep up which isn't easy, lol.

I don't doubt Sherri was abducted and tortured. It's the motive that I struggle with. I just can't believe this whole thing was a random event.

I agree with the bolded statement
Nothing about any of this feels random at all (to me)

The writing is very much like the writing in her blog about meeting KP and the romance. Maybe they write in the same style.....but the style seems feminine, to me. JMO

I agree. Maybe he wrote down what she quoted to him and added his own feelings and details.

This whole case is a Lifetime movie, which I'm sure is being written as we speak.

It seems like the abduction itself is a very hazy incident as far as info released, not just by LE but by KP.

Has anyone seen anything detailing:

1. Where exactly SP was abducted--was it at the same spot where her phone was found?

2. What time SP was abducted---not exact, but even approximate time. From the early days after her disappearance, it was unclear when exactly she was out running---it could be before noon or as late as 2pm plus. Pinpointing the time better could lead to more tips of suspicious vehicles or activities in the area.

3. How SP was abducted--was it by a ruse (like asking for directions), or just brute force? Did the women abductors both get out of the vehicle and approach her, or just one? What direction did they approach from? Were they masked during the actual abduction? Was SP instantly blindfolded or otherwise prevented from seeing what direction they drove her in? Did they say anything to her?

Maybe LE knows all these things but isn't disclosing at this point. Who knows maybe KP will shed more light on the abduction itself on 20/20 tomorrow night?

Sheriff said yesterday that they are still unaware of motive. If Sherri is unaware of the motive for her abduction, she certainly was not trafficked! JMO And not told by abductors what their purpose was. Bizarro.

I was thinking the same thing. She doesn't know why she was kidnapped? Does that mean they did nothing but torture her and drive her around for three weeks? Maybe it IS some sort of initiation.

The things about human traffickers is, they target girls who won't be missed. And the girls usually go with them voluntarily at first, then are encouraged to become addicted to drugs and cut off from friends and family...

These girls, if they are even lucky enough to be reported missing, do not get any national press coverage and do not get multiple threads on websleuths. They are dismissed as "runaways", or illegal immigrants, or drug-addicts. That's how the traffickers get away with it.

Sex traffickers wouldn't touch women like SP with a barge-pole because it would bring LE knocking on their door. Why would they take the risk of abducting random random joggers when they are so many vulnerable young girls who will not be missed?

And even if they did somehow accidentally kidnap her because they mistook her for a young girl who would not be missed, they would release (or kill) her as soon as the media frenzy began to kick off and they realised their mistake, not keep her for 3 whole weeks.

All just MOO. :moo: :moo:

I would feel better about this if KP would be quiet now and let the authorities do their work. He should take a breather and spend his time helping his wife heal. Every day this gets more and more bizarre!

I posted alongside you in the Beverly Carter case. When you said every day this gets more bizarre, I flashed back to the details of her kidnapping.

I agree, KP should stay out of the media now. It's not in Sherri's best interest to continue giving details which LE has not announced. He is giving the appearance of ... well, I'll just leave that to everyone's own opinion and keep my mouth shut.

BBM

FOIA request to LE would clear this part up. With a high profile case like this, I'm really surprised no one in the media has requested the 911 recordings.

It seems like the abduction itself is a very hazy incident as far as info released, not just by LE but by KP.

Has anyone seen anything detailing:

1. Where exactly SP was abducted--was it at the same spot where her phone was found?

2. What time SP was abducted---not exact, but even approximate time. From the early days after her disappearance, it was unclear when exactly she was out running---it could be before noon or as late as 2pm plus. Pinpointing the time better could lead to more tips of suspicious vehicles or activities in the area.

3. How SP was abducted--was it by a ruse (like asking for directions), or just brute force? Did the women abductors both get out of the vehicle and approach her, or just one? What direction did they approach from? Were they masked during the actual abduction? Was SP instantly blindfolded or otherwise prevented from seeing what direction they drove her in? Did they say anything to her?

Maybe LE knows all these things but isn't disclosing at this point. Who knows maybe KP will shed more light on the abduction itself on 20/20 tomorrow night?

I haven't and this is some of what I'd hoped would be provided yesterday. To say she was targeted doesn't, IMO, help people in the community relax and they will probably be suspicious of every dark SUV they see.

SP must have given them some clue about how she was taken and how her phone was left where it was. Why wouldn't LE share that with us? Don't open your door to strangers, for instance, or don't stop for vehicles that appear to be broken down? Don't turn off your phone. Whatever. Something. Reassure us or warn us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark