Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
"When pressed on whether Papini herself had given detectives any theories as to why she thought was abducted, Sheriff Bosenko said: 'The victim may not know the reason why, so we don't know, at this stage of the investigation, the reason or a motive.'"

He says she MAY not know she the reason why. That's evasive. Like everything else the sheriff has said. IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-captors-dumped-roadside.html#ixzz4RbjRYnJl

I took that statement to mean that he thinks that she DOES know why but has told him that she does not. Just my take. JMO

When you start getting frustrated, just stretch and yawn for a minute.

an yawning pups.gif

Don't let this stuff get to you.................

Does it sound like the sheriff is saying that she was kept at the unknown location the entire 3 weeks? How else could he confirm that she wasn't at the truck stop. Obviously, they've ruled out this sighting. But to say that she was at an unknown location that wouldn't have been at the truck stop makes me wonder if this is info is from SP that the only time she was in the vehicle was during the abduction and drop off. JMO

So the sheriff says here it was not her at the truck stop

The Sheriff also ruled out the account of witness Christine Everson who claimed to have seen Papini with two men at a Redding truck stop.

Marketing Director Everson claimed to have spoken to a woman who strongly resembled Papini and looked 'scared'.

But the Sheriff added: 'After she was abducted, Miss Papini was driven to an unknown location which would have been not at the truck stop and she would not have been contacted by anybody because this particular reporting person (RP) said that she spoke to the woman and that didn't occur.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-captors-dumped-roadside.html#ixzz4RbjRYnJl

When all is said and done I think the biggest victim will be KP.

Off topic. ..sitting at hospital waiting on n my grandson to arrive. Thanks everyone for keeping this discussion going.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

At the risk of being too nitpicky, in the 20/20 tease, KP is talking like he was there. As he describes situations, he doesn't say, "she told me (such and such)". He describes it like he watched it himself.

I do believe SP was kidnapped and tortured. But the oddities are piling up. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

These are Sherris words. IMO
This morning on Fox he fumbled on a few words then went back a d said correct that's correct. He has to get it right.

I'm sorry these ppl did not hold her for 3 weeks and not say why they were doing.this. I think they would remind her every day.
Something very wrong here.
All jmo

BBM

Did the sheriff actually phrase it that way somewhere? I remember him saying the two Hispanic women are the only two he's looking at right now, but did he actually say he's unaware of anyone else who might be involved? I could go back and listen again but that would require digging around and I'm feeling lazy :facepalm:

Not positive, but I am recalling that he said that yesterday when he answered a few questions at the end of the presser. JMO

If LE would say what time SP was abducted (even approximate---11? 1130? 12? 1? 2?) I would think that would help a lot.
I'm just bothered about how the circumstances of the actual abduction are so shrouded in mystery. As someone said on here, that was when the victim was presumably of clear mind and may remember events better than the events of the captivity.
All the info out there so far seems to be about what happened during her captivity and release---NOT about the actual abduction. I really wonder why.

Have we established that there is no opportunity to dig up surveillance video anywhere? Not on the trail where she was abducted, or on the way to the trail, or on the roadway near the trail?

Good morning! Bringing this over from the media links thread; apologies if it has already been posted over here:
http://www.today.com/video/was-sher...rafficking-officals-probe-motive-821770307811

- PI who work(ed) with Papini family during disappearance believes SP has the "tell-tale" signs of a sex trafficking victim based on injuries and cut hair (esp the chains and branding)
- Detectives working with sketch artist comparing her case to others in different states

How would they know if they made a mistake or not ?? ................LE has no idea who to watch.

I actually think they do know who to watch ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it sound like the sheriff is saying that she was kept at the unknown location the entire 3 weeks? How else could he confirm that she wasn't at the truck stop. Obviously, they've ruled out this sighting. But to say that she was at an unknown location that wouldn't have been at the truck stop makes me wonder if this is info is from SP that the only time she was in the vehicle was during the abduction and drop off. JMO

That's what it sounds like, and maybe she told him that, but right now I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

I know if I was in her position, I would be lying my butt off to protect my family.

BBM

Did the sheriff actually phrase it that way somewhere? I remember him saying the two Hispanic women are the only two he's looking at right now, but did he actually say he's unaware of anyone else who might be involved? I could go back and listen again but that would require digging around and I'm feeling lazy :facepalm:

This won't be he;lpful, sorry

I started my morning getting caught up from 5PM last eve and somewhere in those pages there was a link to this information.

I wish I could tell you where

Sheriff reported one kidnapper only in car when let go. Also reported car was moving. How did one cut the restraint holding her in the car and push her out while the car was moving?

Brilliant deduction SophieRose!!

Forgive me for just jumping in here. I've been a longtime reader here and have followed the discussions through several cases, starting with Mickey Shunick who was from my hometown. I spent much of my night last night and some of my morning reading from (I think) thread 8 on this case.

And really, I want to take a moment before discussing anything else to just applaud this entire community for the nature of conversation regarding SP. I haven't seen one anywhere else that is this respectful and open minded about the case regardless of opinion.

Sherri's disappearance was brought to my attention by a close friend of mine. She lives in Redding (though I don't believe she knows this family personally) and has posted about it quite a bit on facebook. I was... confused, I suppose, when I followed a link she posted leading to the anonymous ransom offer. That seemed unusual to me and raised some red flags. However, I was thrilled when SP was found. I'm a mother of young children and can only imagine the fear hers were feeling while she was gone. Red flags went up again though for me after reading her husband's statement about her appearance, the online rumors, etc. Until that time, I had never heard mention anywhere that SP's abduction was staged in any way, and actually, I had to spend a great deal of time looking for the kind of rhettoric mentioned in that statement. I did come across some incindiery comments on Reddit and another forum, but it confused me that such a strong statement was made against what looked to me like such a comparitively small group of people. Perhaps there are larger discussions that I didn't see that he was alerted to. Still, it seemed odd. That said, people all react differently to emotional situations so I'm trying to withhold speculation there.

I do think though that the nature of that statement was strangely peppered with wordage associated with sensationalist reporting or the kind of highly descriptive writing authors or professional writers use. It was almost... overly descriptive.

I suppose it doesn't help (for me personally) that I've been writing a novel for several years and the description he gave of SP was eerily similar to one I gave a fictional character following an abduction/period of captivity/eventual release. Right down to the way he described her "signature" blond hair being chopped off. It was bizarre to read these details written about a real life person when I dreamed up a similar scenario for a fictional, fantasy/adventure narrative. I'm not saying in the least that this means the man is lying or wrong or misleading in any capacity. It simply added to my personal curiosity about the case in its entirety.

Since I've begun researching, there have been several details of this case that I find perplexing... some of them only slightly, but some are harder to wrap my head around. I have always wondered, for example, why the vast majority of pictures released to media during her disappearance were SEVERAL years old. It was something my friend mentioned in her first post about the case saying something like "I'm attaching a more recent picture to this. Not sure why they're using this one from 2009."

I'm highly confused about motive. I've read all the statements and theories about trafficking and/or gang initiation and I just can't find any solid ground to stand on with those. Neither SP or the nature of the abduction/release fits the profiling for either of those things. I'm not discounting them entirely, just not sold on either.

I'm also not buying the hate crime theory... though I wouldn't be surprised if it were supposed to look that way. I don't want to elaborate much here.

Most of the information received from LE makes it at least sound like SP did not know her abductors, but there could be connections found later or current leads that they don't want to give away.

The hoax theory's biggest hole is SP's injuries, though I don't think those discount the idea entirely. Especially since she wasn't admitted to the hospital. That doesn't seem to jive well with the husband's gruesome description.

I suppose only time will tell. I can say honestly that this is the most unusual and (in a lot of ways) unique case I've ever followed. There are a lot of questions to be asked and I'm impressed with the way that's been executed on this forum. Personally, I feel like something is off with this case.

These are Sherris words. IMO
This morning on Fox he fumbled on a few words then went back a d said correct that's correct. He has to get it right.

I'm sorry these ppl did not hold her for 3 weeks and not say why they were doing.this. I think they would remind her every day.
Something very wrong here.
All jmo

Maybe they couldn't speak english. No way to communicate with her.

Of course on that note, if these are two women were here illegally, you can pretty much write this case off from ever being solved.

Yeah.....after 3 weeks, they never asked her questions or accused her of anything? And she could have been sexually abused by women, but then, she would have an inkling about their purpose, if that's what happened. Still no mention of other people, including men, involved. I read that the PI Garcia, hired by KP, seems to think all the signs of trafficking are there.............but apparently LE isn't convinced of that at the moment. There would be other people involved and the Sheriff has said he is unaware of any people other than the two women that Sherri insists were the abductors. Go figure. JMO

Where did you read that? I know he was hired back when, but never saw him interviewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal