Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I don't think it's human trafficking: If you bothered to abduct an attractive woman because you want to make money off of her, why would you cut her hair and bruise her up to make her less attractive? Abducting a pretty, white, middle-class woman just brings unwanted attention to your operation so if they had abducted her, it was to have her "type" in their line-up. Why destroy that but still have the police chasing you?

Why I think the policy know who it is, or at least have a very good idea of who it is: they are not warning people to be safe, they are not putting the family in hiding, they are releasing the most generic of descriptions which is of no use but keeps the public off their back for a short time.

Why I think the family knows who it is and somehow has, or thinks they have, some culpability in it: The husband being interviewed often, particularly after she's been released. His choice of descriptive language and the level of details he's releasing.

I think about what I and my family would do if I had been abducted by a stranger for 3 weeks then returned alive. None of the currently behavior comes to mind.

I'm not blaming the victims, just simply saying I don't think things are as they appear and listing why.

* Detectives are not any closer to establishing a reason or motive behind the kidnapping, and have not established the location of where she was held.

* Right now we have no known reason why she was abducted, we do not know if she was specifically targeted or if this was a random abduction.

* When pressed on whether Papini herself had given detectives any theories as to why she thought was abducted, Sheriff Bosenko said: 'The victim may not know the reason why, so we don't know, at this stage of the investigation, the reason or a motive.

* He reported her as missing but police were no closer to finding Sherri three weeks later until she was miraculously freed.

* The Sheriff added that detectives are also no further forward in establishing the location of where Papini was held.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-captors-dumped-roadside.html#ixzz4RbjRYnJl

A gentle reminder for the next time you get scolded by someone because , "LE knows more than we do".
All of this in one article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-captors-dumped-roadside.html#ixzz4RbjRYnJl

A gentle reminder for the next time you may be scolded by someone because , "LE knows more than we do".
All of this in one article.

Also: A gentle reminder for the next time you* may be be scolded by someone because "LE is just trying to give the kidnappers a false sense of security" or "waiting for them to relax and make a mistake."

*Not you you, steelman. General "you."

JMO

I was thinking the same thing. She doesn't know why she was kidnapped? Does that mean they did nothing but torture her and drive her around for three weeks? Maybe it IS some sort of initiation.

Yeah.....after 3 weeks, they never asked her questions or accused her of anything? And she could have been sexually abused by women, but then, she would have an inkling about their purpose, if that's what happened. Still no mention of other people, including men, involved. I read that the PI Garcia, hired by KP, seems to think all the signs of trafficking are there.............but apparently LE isn't convinced of that at the moment. There would be other people involved and the Sheriff has said he is unaware of any people other than the two women that Sherri insists were the abductors. Go figure. JMO

Isn't anyone curious about what was going on for 3 weeks?

What did they say to her?

Why was she abducted?

Where was she taken?

Where did she eat and sleep?

Was she sexually assaulted?

Why did they let her go?

Why don't we have a better description of the abductors? A sketch?

This case is baffling. My guess it will all unravel soon.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

The more that's said the less I believe!

At the risk of being too nitpicky, in the 20/20 tease, KP is talking like he was there. As he describes situations, he doesn't say, "she told me (such and such)". He describes it like he watched it himself.

I do believe SP was kidnapped and tortured. But the oddities are piling up. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Yeah.....after 3 weeks, they never asked her questions or accused her of anything? And she could have been sexually abused by women, but then, she would have an inkling about their purpose, if that's what happened. Still no mention of other people, including men, involved. I read that the PI Garcia, hired by KP, seems to think all the signs of trafficking are there.............but apparently LE isn't convinced of that at the moment. There would be other people involved and the Sheriff has said he is unaware of any people other than the two women that Sherri insists were the abductors. Go figure. JMO

If nothing else the branded message should give someone a clue as to why she was kidnapped. JMO

"When pressed on whether Papini herself had given detectives any theories as to why she thought was abducted, Sheriff Bosenko said: 'The victim may not know the reason why, so we don't know, at this stage of the investigation, the reason or a motive.'"

He says she MAY not know she the reason why. That's evasive. Like everything else the sheriff has said. IMO.

BBM

Did the sheriff actually phrase it that way somewhere? I remember him saying the two Hispanic women are the only two he's looking at right now, but did he actually say he's unaware of anyone else who might be involved? I could go back and listen again but that would require digging around and I'm feeling lazy :facepalm:

It is the height of arrogance for KP to go public with details against the wishes of LE. You don't ask someone to help you and then proceed to undermine them. If the Papinis are telling the truth, then two very dangerous hispanic women are on the loose and need to be apprehended. Who is going to apprehend them, KP? No, that of course falls to LE.

Also: A gentle reminder for the next time you* may be be scolded by someone because "LE is just trying to give the kidnappers a false sense of security" or "waiting for them to relax and make a mistake."

*Not you you, steelman. General "you."

JMO

How would they know if they made a mistake or not ?? ................LE has no idea who to watch.

From the link supplied upthread (AceDetective post #729):

Bozsenko wouldn't say where Papini was taken after she was abducted. He said a number of items that could be evidence has been found in Yolo County, but wouldn't elaborate.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-mom-held-weeks-recounts-ordeal-cops-n690341

I was thinking the same thing. She doesn't know why she was kidnapped? Does that mean they did nothing but torture her and drive her around for three weeks? Maybe it IS some sort of initiation.

I think things are being left unsaid.

Isn't anyone curious about what was going on for 3 weeks?

What did they say to her?

Why was she abducted?

Where was she taken?

Where did she eat and sleep?

Was she sexually assaulted?

Why did they let her go?

Why don't we have a better description of the abductors? A sketch?

This case is baffling. My guess it will all unravel soon.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
"Unravel" being the key word here. Nothing adds up.

❤

How would they know if they made a mistake or not ?? ................LE has no idea who to watch.

Exactly. And I always go back to Brenda Delgado (who orchestrated Kendra Hatcher's murder) who was stopped, let go, went unwatched, and then immediately ran off to Mexico.

Good point.

Yesterday the sheriff said the public should remain cautious and they want tips concerning the abduction, but I've never seen an abduction where a person survived as so little info was given about the circumstances of the abduction itself--what time it happened, exact location, and how it was accomplished. If the public knew how SP was approached and taken, it could connect it to other possible incidents and shed light on the MO.

I haven't and this is some of what I'd hoped would be provided yesterday. To say she was targeted doesn't, IMO, help people in the community relax and they will probably be suspicious of every dark SUV they see.

SP must have given them some clue about how she was taken and how her phone was left where it was. Why wouldn't LE share that with us? Don't open your door to strangers, for instance, or don't stop for vehicles that appear to be broken down? Don't turn off your phone. Whatever. Something. Reassure us or warn us.

I've been thinking that. The flowery statement he made sounded like amateur romance writing to me. I immediately thought the sister wrote it for him.

❤
Sounds like he's writing verbatim.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Have we established that there is no opportunity to dig up surveillance video anywhere? Not on the trail where she was abducted, or on the way to the trail, or on the roadway near the trail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuppie143