Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random things -
(All just my own rambling opinions.)
Driving 2 1/2 hrs non-stop does NOT mean landing 2 1/2 hrs away from the starting point. Not so difficult to drive 10 hrs non-stop + land 1 block away from the starting point. jmo it does not tell us how far away SP was held or taken on day 1. Wouldn't surprise me to learn she never left Redding until the morning of her release.

I see no difficulty in 1 person driving + releasing SP. I drive with 1 hand often, sometimes only a thumb or knee as I reach for something. Easy enough to pop the door handle, cut restraint with a flick of the wrist + shove or simply tell her to go. Let's be real, SP weighed 87 lbs + was not in the best physical condition. Think she's going to fight being cut loose?! In chains, battered, emaciated, in the pitch black, with something over her head?!

Many dismiss the cult comments made because SP was not in a cult, following one or trying to be free of one. That doesn't change the cult's mentality or methods one iota. They might use the same tactics in situations other than converting members. It tells me nothing of SP. It tells me these experts believe the perp/s may identify with a cult, or at the least are using tactics that resemble such.

Ransom - CG made it clear from the get go, this would be done outside of LE involvement, he would not be sharing information with LE, did not care about justice, the only goal was to bring SP home alive. SP is home alive. LE was not involved in her return until motorists started dialing 911 + the perp/s long gone in the dark. IF the ransom was paid, we would NOT know that. That was the whole point of the way CG went about things, according to himself. I'd theorize this could explain why it may have been one perp releasing her. The other may have been picking up the ransom money simultaneously or something else pre-arranged in regards to same. In other words - carrying out some plan, that would make the swap, without one party or the other at risk for not receiving their agreed upon part of the exchange.

THIS is what I keep getting stuck on -
IF the ransom were NOT paid - what reason would the perp/s have to release SP alive + talking?
Only answers I can come up with are: ransom was paid.
Or, her whole ordeal including return in the condition she was in, was to send a severe message to someone/s close to her.
Or the perp/s felt there was zero risk of SP giving any useful info. (Hard to hang my hat on this one. jmo - they'd be slightly nervous at best + paranoid of what she might have observed unbeknownst to them. That would take a SUPER HUGE ego.)
Or ______?? Help me out here.

Sorry for the amount of wordage. Headed back down this rabbit hole, whiskey in hand. :book:

I wonder if SP confirmed that she was only in the vehicle the day of her abduction and then again when she was dropped off. If the Thanksgiving morning drop off was a very short time, they could ascertain that she was in YOLO the duration of her captivity. JMO. But there were still ongoing searches in Redding, so I think the person(s) had connections to both areas, possibly even a home in both areas. MOO

If the kidnappers took her to yolo and dropped her off near yolo. Then wouldn't that county be in charge to find the perps that live in that County?

Now they drove for 2 1/2 hours after taking her.

But how long did they drive around yolo before dropping her off?

Now I'm sure they would probably have driven for a while to confuse her before the drop off.

But I doubt they would drive that long at that time of night with a tied up woman in the backseat.

Because there is just too much risk of getting caught red handed by the CHP or sherrif's or something. Idk

Respectfully disagree. The "ransom" letter originally got to the press on November 6th. That is prior to the searches by family even being stopped. It makes no sense to me that an anonymous donor appeared so early. Go through the missing cases here. Lots of very pretty girls missing. No anonymous donors.

LE and/or the family had to know more to stop those searches and say she was no longer in the area. The donor may have requested public anonymity but that doesn't mean that he isn't known to some, if not all, of the family.

There is more. We just don't have the details.

I think Sherri was a victim. Someone chose her to be one.

JMO.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

BBM
Agree.

I wonder if SP confirmed that she was only in the vehicle the day of her abduction and then again when she was dropped off. If the Thanksgiving morning drop off was a very short time, they could ascertain that she was in YOLO the duration of her captivity. JMO. But there were still ongoing searches in Redding, so I think the person(s) had connections to both areas, possibly even a home in both areas. MOO

I seem to remember reading somewhere that SP was in the vehicle more than just those two times. Sorry, I have no idea where I read that, though.

That has been my question as well...there are two crime scenes...and is the FBI also investigating since she was found?

I am counting at least 4 crime scenes in this case.

1 point of abduction - investigated by LE at the time reported missing
2 the vehicle she was transported in - not yet investigated as it remains unidentified/unkown.
3 the place she was held for three weeks - not investgated - unidentified/unknown and not even known if more than one location - sheriff will not elaborate on that info
4 point of release - investigated at the time she was revocered on the side of the road.

I know KP made a point to thank the FBI in his written statement. Unclear to me if they are involved at this point in time

I'm pretty sure that KP said something like every time she was in a vehicle, she was chained. I took that to mean more than two times, but not sure.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I just caught up (again) and honestly, I don't think this is going to be solved any time soon. I am most curious about the search warrants, which I'm assuming are mostly security cameras in Yolo and cell phone data. Other than that, I think there is really not much to go on unless there have been multple victims of the same suspects. JMO

You all are wordy. I've resigned myself to reading about every 10th page, so I'm sure I've missed stuff.

About the branding... we've had no clarification other than it was a message and not a logo? From the first mention of it I haven't thought of it as traditional "branding". I've pictured it more like something (words) cut into a part of her body with a knife.

I believe SP was kidnapped and held for 3 weeks. I also believe the ransom was paid. I just don't believe the rest of the story.

I did remember hearing KP say something to the effect of "whenever she was in the vehicle", but that could still only reference the 2 times we know of. The sighting of her at the truck stop was ruled out and the sheriff said that she had been taken to a location after she was abducted and it was not the truck stop. I may be reading too much into it, but IMO that implies that at that point, they knew she was only at one location. MOO

I seem to remember reading somewhere that SP was in the vehicle more than just those two times. Sorry, I have no idea where I read that, though.

Agreed, the source material for that December 1st AP article was the statement of KP which is quoted heavily throughout. That written statement by KP made public on GMA on November 29th says nothing at alll about her nose being broken during the release.

I can see how the wording in the one snipped article was interpreted as SP's nose being broken when she was reportedly tossed out of the vehicle.

Seems at least a few people interpreted it that way as I recall some discussion here about how that probably tied into KP's account that SP was screaming so hard that she was coughing up blood.

But, KP described her nose as being 'so dark and yellow' when he saw her in the hospital Thanksgiving morning. (Reference: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article118458168.html)

I think yellow coloring occurs after several days of a serious bruise, in the final stages of healing. But, I'm not sure about dark and yellow combined. Can any of the health professionals here confirm? TIA.

Random things -
(All just my own rambling opinions.)
Driving 2 1/2 hrs non-stop does NOT mean landing 2 1/2 hrs away from the starting point. Not so difficult to drive 10 hrs non-stop + land 1 block away from the starting point. jmo it does not tell us how far away SP was held or taken on day 1. Wouldn't surprise me to learn she never left Redding until the morning of her release.

I see no difficulty in 1 person driving + releasing SP. I drive with 1 hand often, sometimes only a thumb or knee as I reach for something. Easy enough to pop the door handle, cut restraint with a flick of the wrist + shove or simply tell her to go. Let's be real, SP weighed 87 lbs + was not in the best physical condition. Think she's going to fight being cut loose?! In chains, battered, emaciated, in the pitch black, with something over her head?!

Many dismiss the cult comments made because SP was not in a cult, following one or trying to be free of one. That doesn't change the cult's mentality or methods one iota. They might use the same tactics in situations other than converting members. It tells me nothing of SP. It tells me these experts believe the perp/s may identify with a cult, or at the least are using tactics that resemble such.

Ransom - CG made it clear from the get go, this would be done outside of LE involvement, he would not be sharing information with LE, did not care about justice, the only goal was to bring SP home alive. SP is home alive. LE was not involved in her return until motorists started dialing 911 + the perp/s long gone in the dark. IF the ransom was paid, we would NOT know that. That was the whole point of the way CG went about things, according to himself. I'd theorize this could explain why it may have been one perp releasing her. The other may have been picking up the ransom money simultaneously or something else pre-arranged in regards to same. In other words - carrying out some plan, that would make the swap, without one party or the other at risk for not receiving their agreed upon part of the exchange.

THIS is what I keep getting stuck on -
IF the ransom were NOT paid - what reason would the perp/s have to release SP alive + talking?
Only answers I can come up with are: ransom was paid.
Or, her whole ordeal including return in the condition she was in, was to send a severe message to someone/s close to her.
Or the perp/s felt there was zero risk of SP giving any useful info. (Hard to hang my hat on this one. jmo - they'd be slightly nervous at best + paranoid of what she might have observed unbeknownst to them. That would take a SUPER HUGE ego.)
Or ______?? Help me out here.

Sorry for the amount of wordage. Headed back down this rabbit hole, whiskey in hand. :book:

I also think a ransom may have been paid. But I am struggling to figure out how this was arranged if SP was dropped off by the side of the road.

You all are wordy. I've resigned myself to reading about every 10th page, so I'm sure I've missed stuff.

About the branding... we've had no clarification other than it was a message and not a logo? From the first mention of it I haven't thought of it as traditional "branding". I've pictured it more like something (words) cut into a part of her body with a knife.

I believe SP was kidnapped and held for 3 weeks. I also believe the ransom was paid. I just don't believe the rest of the story.

The branding is the best way to know if certain tips are viable. So they should never say what was actually branded on her.

I did remember hearing KP say something to the effect of "whenever she was in the vehicle", but that could still only reference the 2 times we know of. The sighting of her at the truck stop was ruled out and the sheriff said that she had been taken to a location after she was abducted and it was not the truck stop. I may be reading too much into it, but IMO that implies that at that point, they knew she was only at one location. MOO

I hope they weren't dumb enough to haul her around on a regular basis...

Yolo is within that 2.5 hour drive too. She could have been held at Yolo the entire time, driven around a bit and dropped off at the intersection near the Jehova's Witness church (It's the only church near that that I could find, w/in easy walking distance).

I think that would be highly unlikely. Yolo is a small town of only 400 people. These kidnappers had a plan. They would not be dumb enough to release her right in their backyards. If they were residents of Yolo, they would have already been arrested. They could be from anywhere, between Redding and Sacramento, or visiting the area. But probably not from the exact area where SP was abducted or released.

I'm pretty sure that KP said something like every time she was in a vehicle, she was chained. I took that to mean more than two times, but not sure.

You could for instance drive someone around in circles and then each time put them in a different storage container where they think they're in a new place at a different location when in reality they haven't gone anywhere.

Agreed, it would've been very risky with all the media coverage. IMO, if only one location, it would show premeditation as they would have considered the arrangements needed to keep her there for an indefinite amount of time.

I hope they weren't dumb enough to haul her around on a regular basis...

Ghaaaaa! I'm going to have to stay up all night to get caught up! We've been decking the halls and trimming the trees.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're young. Cause middle age is 50 ... not 34. I have 6 kids and I'm still not middle aged for several years yet.

But blonde suburban housewives as the new face of kidnapping for ransom? Hmmm.
Interrupting this thread for the following :

MIDDLE AGE

I thought it was 35.
Then I Googled it and saw it's 45-65 (yes, I am "middle aged")

I saw another article that asked, what is middle aged in 2015?

Get this!!!
Remember the Huffington post debacle?
Well, they say middle age is 60! [emoji6]
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7079006

I think if someone is in their 60's or even young 20's they think middle age is in the 30's. (35 to be exact) as sometime ago life expectancy was in the 70's.

Unless I missed it, middle aged is half the age before the end of life expectancy.

Are we expected to live to 120 now?

You may now return to you regularly scheduled sleuthing discussion. [emoji368]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads