CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am curious about is in the context of building code ,as this was going on and on and on and on could they have closed it down? Or does it become this everlasting nonsense- that is my anguish if code people could REALLY do anything that could have stopped the progression of this pig sty, or is it a parking ticket

Citations, court hearings, then if it is popular for some reason, protests

I have a question that will seem silly to some people. However, I have nothing to relate it to, that is why I am asking.

After seeing the pictures of what was in the Ghost Ship Warehouse, was this "stuff" for sale, was it a collection of Derrick's, what was the purpose of it? While much of it seemed like junk, there were pieces with beautiful wood carvings.

Where did he get the money to buy so many items? From what I've read, he counted on tenants rent to be able to make the rent. Where did the money come from to pay the electric bill which one would think was astronomical?

Needless to say, my knowledge of this lifestyle is zero, zilch! Not putting it down, just admitting as a Southern gal, it baffles me as how people live like this.

Citations, court hearings, then if it is popular for some reason, protests

And there might also be an attorney advocate for tenant/artist/homeless rights who would file suit to prevent the government from doing the right thing. I mentioned upthread that this happened concerning a shuttered nursing home in Eureka overrun by squatters. They were finally removed but the neighbors were the ones who suffered through the process. Honestly, who upholds someone's right to rent or squat and destroy the property?!

I have a question that will seem silly to some people. However, I have nothing to relate it to, that is why I am asking.

After seeing the pictures of what was in the Ghost Ship Warehouse, was this "stuff" for sale, was it a collection of Derrick's, what was the purpose of it? While much of it seemed like junk, there were pieces with beautiful wood carvings.

Where did he get the money to buy so many items? From what I've read, he counted on tenants rent to be able to make the rent. Where did the money come from to pay the electric bill which one would think was astronomical?

Needless to say, my knowledge of this lifestyle is zero, zilch! Not putting it down, just admitting as a Southern gal, it baffles me as how people live like this.

Hi you!!

He stole electric from his neighbor. He charged first last and improvement fund and did nothing.

All the junk people who were paying him to live there in squalor bought all their own dumpster digging into their space.

My sense is one of them moved out, all the junk all around the place and on the street was from tenants who just decided they were getting screwed so to make space for the next victim they tossed it outside , which then got so full, they started throwing out the junk from the next one who split on the street.

He made them work around the place while charging them. There was one toilet, campers on the ground floor, freezing with electricity being a toss of the dice.

When certain people came in he made everyone hide proof of living there. His kids lived there crawling over used condoms and rusty nails, cat shi# all over, and hey smokers were welcome!!

That is a brief introduction !!!

Applications are no longer being taken he is in a 5 star hotel at the moment

This is a disaster beyond comprehension, and to have it effect one of ours, someone I have so much respect for (and I know I am not alone in this)... It hurts, badly. This should never have happened.

Gitana, you and you family are being held very near to my heart and my thoughts. I am so, so sorry. We love you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Derick Ion's SUV is at the Oakland Marriott Hotel. The missing list is up to 100.

I have no doubt after watching the mayor talk about "the atrocity" that had been committed, that the right person(s) is going to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. She looked pissed.

Oakland and Berkeley have a lot of old beautiful Victorian homes. There are always lots of old furnishings and things for sale at all of the big Flea Markets etc. You can get amazing old carved chairs and beautiful old frames very reasonably. At least you could 10 yrs ago, last time I shopped there.

my friend is an arson investigator with the ATF and she said the scene is horrific. they are sifting through ash for victims by bucket :(

there is a post in "up to the minute" you can take a look.

Oh but they were his Children!! Load of bullocks! Notice they are staying in a fancy hotel now...I bet they stayed in hotels quite often while his 'Children' paid to live in squalor. I am so darn angry!

Speaking of children...

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that the building, also known as Satya Yoga, houses Ion, Allison and their three children. The newspaper also says that in 2015, their children were taken by Child Protective Services and sent to live with relatives in Southern California

http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/derick-ion-micah-allison-facebook-post-ghost-ship-fire/

He stole electricity from the business next door. Nice huh? Based on FB photos, he had enough money to travel with his wife and kids to places like India and Thailand and more. I don't know where that money came from. I don't think he sold stuff, but I could be wrong. He was a hoarder posing as an artist IMO. I don't think any of us can understand how he and the tenants lived like this. I do see a similar way of thinking play out among certain fringe residents of my very creative town, so I know it's all around. I'm accepting until laws are broken and it hurts people.

I'm sorry. Is there a link for the missing list going from "under 50" to 100 since the PC?
TIA

The place was on fire in 2014 - arson.

He is getting more charming by the moment. The two guys who asked for protection from him were attacked when they tried to get their stuff out .

I read this from another Dj also, when he did not pay him he tried to take his equipment out he threw him out and kept his stuff.

Link lost on this network http://www.ktvu.com/live, but when the next video starts there is no back arrow,

It is the piece with a reporter outside the Marriot (not the one earlier) I wish I could find it again, they had another victim who had lived there on cam, but I tried to back it up to get the date on the arson (2014) and then it went to another video .

It starts with a somewhat nerdy reporter standing in the valet area of the Marriot

if anyone can find pls link it was informative and new information about this udde

I'm sorry. Is there a link for the missing list going from "under 50" to 100 since the PC?
TIA

My overall take was numbers were going down in all cats.

Did I get this wrong?? Please tell me no

I have no doubt after watching the mayor talk about "the atrocity" that had been committed, that the right person(s) is going to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. She looked pissed.

Does anyone else think we'll be seeing more of the mayor in a higher political office in future years? She is handling this horror with dignity and compassion. Gitana said she's been wonderful to them.

Warehouse fire: What we know about the victims
17-year-old among victims

By ANNECLAIRE STAPLETON AND JEANNE BONNER , CNN

Posted: 11:47 AM, December 05, 2016
Updated: 6:34 PM, December 05, 2016

(CNN) - A budding musician. A truck-lover and bowling alley denizen. A singer whose adoring fans called him Nex Luguolo. A 17-year-old choir singer.

These are among the 36 people who lost their lives Friday night in a fire at an Oakland, California, warehouse where an electronic dance party was being held.

Authorities said they have identified at least 11 victims, but not all their names have been released.

Here's what we know so far about the victims:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/national/warehouse-fire-what-we-know-about-the-victims

I felt that way too! I hope they are following him he is gonna run imo

He is on probation they can use that as a reason to "monitor" him. OR he may kill himself -

This is a disaster beyond comprehension, and to have it effect one of ours, someone I have so much respect for (and I know I am not alone in this)... It hurts, badly. This should never have happened.

Gitana, you and you family are being held very near to my heart and my thoughts. I am so, so sorry. We love you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

these are the words I could not find, but have felt from the moment I heard about this disaster -- which became a gut-wrenching reality, no longer just TV news, when it involved our Gitana's family, and then blue's sister, too. I even have trouble tearing myself away from here for even a few minutes, afraid I will miss an important piece of info.

Derick Ion's SUV is at the Oakland Marriott Hotel. The missing list is up to 100.

100 are still considered missing, in addition to the 33 bodies found? My gosh, how many were in that crowded space?

The place was on fire in 2014 - arson.

He is getting more charming by the moment. The two guys who asked for protection from him were attacked when they tried to get their stuff out .

I read this from another Dj also, when he did not pay him he tried to take his equipment out he threw him out and kept his stuff.

Link lost on this network http://www.ktvu.com/live, but when the next video starts there is no back arrow,

It is the piece with a reporter outside the Marriot (not the one earlier) I wish I could find it again, they had another victim who had lived there on cam, but I tried to back it up to get the date on the arson (2014) and then it went to another video .

It starts with a somewhat nerdy reporter standing in the valet area of the Marriot

if anyone can find pls link it was informative and new information about this udde

Arson in 2014? Maybe that's why murder was mentioned among the other possible charges by the DA. She's covering all bases.

At the PC, they said there were under fifty on the missing list. LinasK (I think) said the missing list was now at 100. I really hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong