Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Lewiston woman’s family turns to Cameron Gamble from Papini case

Family members of a missing Trinity County woman say they have spoken with Cameron Gamble, who offered a ransom for the safe return of kidnapping victim Sherri Papini, about a similar idea to find their missing relative.

Nicole Santos-Hamann said Monday the family also has conducted three searches and hired a private investigator and a search coordinator to find Stacy Smart, reported missing the same day as Sherri Papini, a Mountain Gate mother whose abduction garnered national attention.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/m...e-42ed7869-ee67-1244-e053-0100-404874846.html

Well now I feel sick. :(

This is what is driving me crazy about who the abductors were.

Most abductors IMO that would be willing to abduct her, brand her, beat her would have had no problem to kill her so there is less chance of getting caught.

So who are these abductors that let her go?

The million dollar question that is driving me crazy.

Could be a number of things, as others posted:

1. The publicity of this case.
2. Maybe the abductors thought she was younger, as I am going to assume she went jogging without make-up on.
3. Maybe she kept quiet and did not try to fight and did as she was told.
4. Maybe she said she had children at home, and they eventually had some empathy.

This is driving us all crazy I think!

Traffickers are motivated by money. If the 2 women sold SP to a trafficker, killing her would leave him without a commodity to sell and without the money he paid for her. Garcia said a victim could sell for $1500-$2500 cash, so selling her back to the abductors alive makes more sense to me. Then she's their problem, not his. JMO

I don't think traffickers would let her go either. They have nothing to lose.

I think the intent was always to let her go, hence hiding their faces, covering hers, and branding her with a "message." Who would have read the message if she'd been murdered and her body hidden somewhere?

I also wonder if their faces were really hidden or if SP was threatened that if she told what they looked like, they would come after her and her family.

I've wondered the same sort of thing, but the effect seems to be the same.

Just tossing this out, but is it possible that the women who abducted her were not the ones who imprisoned and tortured her? I'm trying to recall if LE gave any indication that the women were wanted for anything other than her abduction. What if they sold her to a trafficker who abused her then realizing she was a liability, wanted his money back and the women to dispose of her. These women may be capable of kidnapping and passing the victims off to traffickers, but maybe they're not murderers. If their faces were covered during the abduction, it would be easy enough to conceal themselves again during her release and SP would have very little knowledge of them. LE may already know who was responsible for the abuse (based on the branding), but need to find the women as well. Bill Garcia saying that there are people that do the abductions and sell for cash, makes me think that it is very possible that these women think they are running a game in which they would never be caught. There is also the report of the girl being attacked by 2 Hispanic women at the dog park with tasers. Women doing the dirty work and being less suspecting makes a lot of sense to me. All MOO.

ITA and being women, they would have been more sympathetic towards another woman.

The traffickers could told them to "dispose of her", but did not say how.

Dumping her off the side of the highway in the middle of the night would be a good way.

Daily Mail article today. I snipped the first part, more at link.

fwiw:

"Kidnapped California supermom and her family abruptly flee their family home - leaving their dogs behind - as cops hut for hispanic women who snatched her
Sherri Papini, 34, and her family have fled their Redding, California home
According to one neighbor they are living up north with 'wealthy relatives'
'I don’t think they’re ever coming back here again,' said another neighbor
The family left behind their two dogs, who are being walked daily by one of husband Keith's friends
It has now been almost two weeks since Sherri was found safe after being held captive for 22 days
Investigators are still looking into the case to try and figure out what happened to the month of two
She has told police that two Hispanic women kidnapped here, but police have still been unable to locate her captors"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ntinues-leaves-dogs-behind.html#ixzz4S1Oe7yxq

Missing Lewiston woman’s family turns to Cameron Gamble from Papini case

Family members of a missing Trinity County woman say they have spoken with Cameron Gamble, who offered a ransom for the safe return of kidnapping victim Sherri Papini, about a similar idea to find their missing relative.

Nicole Santos-Hamann said Monday the family also has conducted three searches and hired a private investigator and a search coordinator to find Stacy Smart, reported missing the same day as Sherri Papini, a Mountain Gate mother whose abduction garnered national attention.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/m...e-42ed7869-ee67-1244-e053-0100-404874846.html

She went missing weeks before it was reported on the same day as SP.

Ok thanks. I didn't come into this case until after she was found so I did miss a lot.

I got in early on. If you have time to spare, the earliest threads are pretty interesting and thorough. Everything has been covered, dissected and parsed.

Traffickers are motivated by money. If the 2 women sold SP to a trafficker, killing her would leave him without a commodity to sell and without the money he paid for her. Garcia said a victim could sell for $1500-$2500 cash, so selling her back to the abductors alive makes more sense to me. Then she's their problem, not his. JMO

Right, so they got nothing and they left a witness. Not a great plan.

I don't think her release had anything to do with deciding she wasn't a trafficking commodity. It wouldn't have taken 3 wks to come to that conclusion. Her age would have been obvious after abducting her, and as has been posted many, many times before most females and males forced into this criminal enterprise are marginalized, exploited young people. Quite tragic.

I agree - killing her was never part of the plan. Timing of her release was - in my opinion.

Ot but I am obsessed with the dogs. If a friend has been charged with walking them, then it kind of does sound like they were left alone...:(

How's this for far fetched? SP knows what the perps look like, but was threatened by them that if she described them to the authorities, they would come after her and her family. Let's assume that SP has described them to LE. Then knowing this, LE has given some vague description and claimed that their faces were covered so as to protect SP and not tip off the abductors. I know it may be far fetched, but it's jmo.

Yeah, nevermind how difficult would be to get lots of cash really quickly without the bank not outright denying you and/or directing the feds to keep on eye out for you. In the Mansion Murders the most the CEO was able to pull out quickly to pay for his ransom was $40K, so the huge sums talked about involving the 'anonymous donor' are implausible.

While any withdrawal from your bank, over $10k, is reported to the IRS, any deposits over $10k are also reported to the IRS. This includes money exchanges and traveler's cheques (if anyone uses those anymore) and an i.d. is requested for those transactions as well. So unless the folks had cash laying around the house, there's some kind of record of monies being withdrawn, somewhere. In addition, while all of that money may seem like a fantastic thing to offer someone who's never asked for a ransom, six figures of unexplained money, more money "than you could ever spend", could prove to be a bit of a conundrum, unless the kidnappers are just plain stupid, and deposited it after they got it, or went on a spending spree. Obviously they are not too stupid b/c they kidnapped a woman in broad daylight, kept her for three weeks, successfully concealed their identities, and then dropped her off in Yolo, CA, all w/o a soul seeing them. We know this was not about getting a six figure windfall or they'd have asked for that up front. Sex traffickers don't want the publicity that someone like SP would bring; Pretty, petite, blonde haired, blue eyed, mother and wife, with a family who misses her, and will have her pic floated all over creation. Too many easy pickin's from places that no one will be missed.

I don't think traffickers would let her go either. They have nothing to lose.

I think the intent was always to let her go, hence hiding their faces, covering hers, and branding her with a "message." Who would have read the message if she'd been murdered and her body hidden somewhere?

Ah, the message! Was Sherri's live spared to send the message? But then we need to know who was intended to receive the message. Unless it's a message to the world...

I cannot make sense of this case! :fence:

Daily Mail article today. I snipped the first part, more at link.

fwiw:

"Kidnapped California supermom and her family abruptly flee their family home - leaving their dogs behind - as cops hut for hispanic women who snatched her
Sherri Papini, 34, and her family have fled their Redding, California home
According to one neighbor they are living up north with 'wealthy relatives'
'I don’t think they’re ever coming back here again,' said another neighbor
The family left behind their two dogs, who are being walked daily by one of husband Keith's friends
It has now been almost two weeks since Sherri was found safe after being held captive for 22 days
Investigators are still looking into the case to try and figure out what happened to the month of two
She has told police that two Hispanic women kidnapped here, but police have still been unable to locate her captors"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ntinues-leaves-dogs-behind.html#ixzz4S1Oe7yxq

Funny how she did not go jogging with her dogs.

Being in a remote area, it would be better to have dogs with you to protect against coyotes, bear, cougars ...

ITA and being women, they would have been more sympathetic towards another woman.

The traffickers could told them to "dispose of her", but did not say how.

Dumping her off the side of the highway in the middle of the night would be a good way.

I can't agree with your theory but respect your right to it. I mean no disrespect when I say if this is true, these two women are most likely dead by now. They've been disposed of by their boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes