UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, as he was walking down on the left it is quite likely that he could've just decided that the Horseshoe looked a good place to pee (or worse, empty his bowels after all that food.... not a pleasant thought, but it has crossed my mind that someone already in the area, that he couldn't see, may have caught him in the act and this caused a confrontation) I still think it's more likely he was going to pee and stumbled across some dodgy people who had a car there. I'm seeing the reporting of the cars traced and discounted as an error until that is clarified by the police or family.

I think my concern is the police aren't interested in eliminating possibilities for our sakes. I don't think they'll likely release it as a statement and the family may choose to ignore it because it doesn't agree with their opinion. So I'm not sure if we will get any clarification.

But would you bin it? Most are still partly usable with a smashed screen?

I feel certain that that phone HAS to have been physically put in the correct bin to have been moved from BSE to BM there's a one in a half a dozen chances of that as there's more than one bin), OR been in Corrie's pocket whilst he's been in the bin (again, one in half a dozen chances) OR Corrie scrounged a lift in the cab meaning the driver lied about giving him a lift to save his job. There's no video recording devices fitted to the cab as far as I'm aware? Just reversing cameras?
The forensics angle I don't buy to be honest. What constitutes forensics?; Observation?, sniffer dog?, cello-tape lifts?, wipe pads?

Same as above with the bins. Remember, all this took place several days AFTER he walked into the area. We've already seen footage of a busy area at such a late hour of the morning. The next day was market day. The footfall would have spike tremendously.

All it takes is delayed 'forensics', lying under oath (or bending the truth) and crap operators and it's a recipe for disaster.

I'd like to know what the relationship is between Corrie and the bin driver. Did he know him prior to a lift if that's what happened? Was that what he was sorting out on his phone hence leaving his car in Robert Boby Way? Could it have been an agency driver who he used to work with in the military who is now in Civvy street working for Biffa? Was is Biffa? Was it Veolia? Was it Sita? Which actual bin was it?

This is all on the premise that he hitched a lift with the bin man of course.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys, I'm confused (like a lot of people, I think)

I don't think I've commented on Corrie before but I've been reading along a bit. I might have missed something here but remember the running man clip (does anyone have a quick link to that by the way?, I'd love to watch it again) - that was from the same camera as the last clip of Corrie, right? And it appeared to, possibly automatically, follow the running guy.

And now we have image 1 on the Suffolk site - https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

He's walking the same path as running man, right? (I've been a bit disoriented at times myself but I think I have directions sort of figured now!) So that would mean that by 0321 the camera may have followed that guy, as it did for running man?

Guys - how long are we taking to pee? Maybe he gets some sort of notification on the phone, pulls his phone out, maybe now his zipper's stuck or something, puts his phone down, wanders off.

Short Brackland is to the left in that last clip of Corrie, yeah? So if he wandered back across to Short Brackland, with the camera still up because of image 1 guy - I'm looking at Google maps and noticing that you don't have to walk far down Short Brackland before you get to a carpark area where it looks like you can freely cross to Well St. Somebody had a cctv map up at some point, if I'm remembering correctly, would he not be free of cctv if he got to Well St?

There hasn't been any mention of where on Short Brackland the private cctv (I have that correct, yeah?) is, has there?

In my thoughts it seems like it may not actually be so difficult to "evade" (purposefully or not) cctv on foot.....I don't get it. I'd love to see the uncle's notes and why he's so certain.

Do I have my directions correct here? Did I forget about any cctv or get anything horribly wrong? I thought I'd just mention it because I don't think I've seen mention of this crossing to Well St - unless I missed it all completely and you've already been over it entirely, which is always possible :)

Editing: wait, was Corrie's last clip at 0320 or 0324? If 0324 then would the two people in the 0326 have walked in the same direction as running man?

Haven't posted recently as I wanted to see if the reward would help bring forward some of those unidentified but that doesn't seem to have happened. Also I have started to post and then lost connection or had to do other stuff so have just been reading for now.

Buzz Cars in Bury have cameras fitted for driver safety. I wonder if that footage has been "seized"...

It seems all we have are the phonepings. There is no evidence he became separated from his phone. There is no evidence he left either on foot or by vehicle. So I am going just by the phone pings and what we know for sure, which isnt much.

The phone pings 0430 and 0458 give us 28 minutes. Assuming that is roughly the time it took the phone to go thru the dead zone which midsummers map shows as roughly 6 miles this gives us the12 mph. Is that how that speed has been estimated?

Perhaps someone local with the same network as corries phone could tell us how long for example one is without a signal along that route between BSE and BM so we can verify that.

Guys, I'm confused (like a lot of people, I think)

I don't think I've commented on Corrie before but I've been reading along a bit. I might have missed something here but remember the running man clip (does anyone have a quick link to that by the way?, I'd love to watch it again) - that was from the same camera as the last clip of Corrie, right? And it appeared to, possibly automatically, follow the running guy.

And now we have image 1 on the Suffolk site - https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

He's walking the same path as running man, right? (I've been a bit disoriented at times myself but I think I have directions sort of figured now!) So that would mean that by 0321 the camera may have followed that guy, as it did for running man?

Guys - how long are we taking to pee? Maybe he gets some sort of notification on the phone, pulls his phone out, maybe now his zipper's stuck or something, puts his phone down, wanders off.

Short Brackland is to the left in that last clip of Corrie, yeah? So if he wandered back across to Short Brackland, with the camera still up because of image 1 guy - I'm looking at Google maps and noticing that you don't have to walk far down Short Brackland before you get to a carpark area where it looks like you can freely cross to Well St. Somebody had a cctv map up at some point, if I'm remembering correctly, would he not be free of cctv if he got to Well St?

There hasn't been any mention of where on Short Brackland the private cctv (I have that correct, yeah?) is, has there?

In my thoughts it seems like it may not actually be so difficult to "evade" (purposefully or not) cctv on foot.....I don't get it. I'd love to see the uncle's notes and why he's so certain.

Do I have my directions correct here? Did I forget about any cctv or get anything horribly wrong? I thought I'd just mention it because I don't think I've seen mention of this crossing to Well St - unless I missed it all completely and you've already been over it entirely, which is always possible :)

Editing: wait, was Corrie's last clip at 0320 or 0324? If 0324 then would the two people in the 0326 have walked in the same direction as running man?

Re 0321 (image 1). Yep, he should have been seen by Cam09, if that camera was looking in that direction.
If not, then it wouldn't have, so they have to use "shop CCTV", which is where they're at.

Apologies if this has been asked previously, I do follow the threads closely but may have missed it.
Midsummer; Is there a map which shows the masts triangulation? Or are they in a line with only overlaps from two?
I just wondered if the police reference in an early website update is based on triangulation or whether it's either a) withheld evidence based or b) a guess.
https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague
October 2nd update said:
"Enquiries and information received over the past week have led police to believe he may have been in the Mildenhall area at some point between 4.30am and 8am on Saturday 24 September, and police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen or spoken to a man matching Corrie’s description in this area around this time"

The phone pings 0430 and 0458 give us 28 minutes. Assuming that is roughly the time it took the phone to go thru the dead zone which midsummers map shows as roughly 6 miles this gives us the12 mph. Is that how that speed has been estimated?

Nicola said that the "last ping" was at 0420.
So adding 28 minutes to 0430 makes no sense.

Then again, it was said in another interview, it was 0400 when it was "half way". Whatever "half way" is suppose to mean.

My initial thoughts were that corrie may have walked to the railway station as there would be a comfortable area to doss till trains or buses began but I have read that there is no outside cctv and no trace was found on the inside cctv. Can't remember where I saw that but is that correct? Then I thought awol with help and a lift but no evidence. Then and now I think walked then hitched either falling in water after the 0430 point or being picked up by someone known or unknown. That's really all I think at the moment unless any further evidence or witnesses are traced. This is also assuming a full internal search of the properties surrounding the bin area has been conducted.

Out of interest, did anyone see the interview with Nicola which was supposed to explain why she felt 'utterly betrayed' by the Police?
Sorry I can't work out how to attach the link, can anyone else help?

What stood out to me was the constant lack of eye contact! Something you would think would be important in her job as Family Liaison Officer?
Google Limited eye contact and Breaking eye contact, very interesting.

Out of interest, did anyone see the interview with Nicola which was supposed to explain why she felt 'utterly betrayed' by the Police?
Sorry I can't work out how to attach the link, can anyone else help?

What stood out to me was the constant lack of eye contact! Something you would think would be important in her job as Family Liaison Officer?
Google Limited eye contact and Breaking eye contact, very interesting.

Which website is it on? [emoji846]

Nicola said that the "last ping" was at 0420.
So adding 28 minutes to 0430 makes no sense.

Then again, it was said in another interview, it was 0400 when it was "half way". Whatever "half way" is suppose to mean.
Any chance we could get those pings set in stone as it is the only evidence there is after 0325?

647ebc7d3c758fceae63ed70a17ba59f.jpg

Just been working out approximate travel times from the known 0458 phone ping fact assuming that the phone was in a vehicle. Add on a few more minutes if it's the HGV bin lorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just a bump

Any chance we could get those pings set in stone as it is the only evidence there is after 0325?

On October 3rd the police stated:
"Analysis of mobile phone data shows his phone moved between Bury and Barton Mills on the morning of his disappearance. The work shows the phone was in Bury St Edmunds early on Saturday 24 September and but then moved to the Barton Mills area. It doesn’t move after this and has not been used since. This phone has not been found at this time"

That's all the police have said about his phone analysis. They've never mentioned ping times or locations AFAIK

The shops that back onto the horseshoe area does anyone know if any of the shops might have cleaners or night workers that may have been working that night Corrie may have known them and gone in the back way so as not to get caught?

I took the ping times from midsummers map as I thought times were only added if it was from a verified source. Correct me if wrong.

The only place I can think of would be the family website. However I would be inclined to think that a margin for error should be taken into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal