Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a few posts suggesting that one abductor may have been "more humane" than the other, Why would anyone would even begin to speculate that one of the abductors had some semblance of compassion? Where on earth does that theory come from? Just because LE says SP was dropped off by one abductor? When we hear of SP's injuries, where does humanity fit in?

natsound...
I want to say that I think that it shows great caring, that you feel this way. I would wager that you are a wonderful protector!

Well, for one thing, she is not dead. And she was let out of the car, in a fairly safe location. She could have been shoved out of the car in the middle of the desert or on a remote mountain road.

She was released, alive and slightly battered. Many of us thought she was already gone for good.

I think it is highly possible that at least one of the captors had some compassion and let her go back home, still alive.

I agree with everything except "slightly". I'd stick with the term CHP used: heavily

Not if they had never planned on killing SP in the first place. Many of us have speculated the reason for the masks is because they never planned to kill her. There is no humanity in holding someone in captivity for three weeks and torturing them.

None of this makes sense, peeps! It goes in a circle! If A, then B. But that can't be true because of C. Well, what about D. That leads us back to A!

Which is why we're on thread #19 :facepalm:

I think the chain and hose clamps are a huge clue...mostly because who uses hose clamps to bind a person? Or even a bag over the head of the captive that could be worked off pretty easily. A blindfold and a flex tie would be so much more efficient and less work....but maybe not something the perp had lying around in the SUV

JMO

Does anyone have the link to CG's video/ movie/ advertisement?

I have seen a few posts suggesting that one abductor may have been "more humane" than the other, Why would anyone would even begin to speculate that one of the abductors had some semblance of compassion? Where on earth does that theory come from? Just because LE says SP was dropped off by one abductor? When we hear of SP's injuries, where does humanity fit in?

It's possible that one of two captors was more compassionate and defied the other captor by releasing SP, but I'm not assuming that's the case either. For all I know, the person who released SP was the dominant one and more of a risk taker.

It's just as possible, to me, that the plan was always for one captor to transport and release SP while the other immediately cleaned up the location where she had been held.

Both women were obviously involved in abducting SP and holding her captive for 22 days. But I haven't seen anything to confirm that it was both women that beat, tortured and branded her. One of them could have always been along for the ride while the other took the more aggressive role. Maybe the one who released her spent more time with her and got to know her on a more personal level. I can't imagine ever being in that situation, but I would definitely try to befriend the abductor and appeal to whatever (albeit little or nonexistent) compassion or humanity they had. JMO

natsound...
I want to say that I think that it shows great caring, that you feel this way. I would wager that you are a wonderful protector!

Thx Imr. Everyone on this board is a wonderful protector. I have a desire to sort through all the muck in this case though.

Hi all. I haven't read all the threads, unfortunately time does not permit me to do so, so I apologise if this has already been discussed and I've missed the discussion. The fact that SP was released on Thanksgiving Day is something I can't seem to ignore and believe there is some significance to it. I'm wondering, does anyone know anything about the "Thanksgiving Day Race" that SP was preparing for? How big is this particular event? Is it HUGE and could be considered extremely important to those who compete in it? Did someone, another competitor or someone involved in the race want SP out? Was she kidnapped and told to pull out of the race, and she refused and so they held her captive for 3 weeks, beating her, starving her and branded her to ensure she would NOT be competing in the race at all. SP was released by one person/woman (?). She was abducted by two. Was the other woman at home sleeping--big day ahead (?).. So many questions, I guess I need to know more about the actual race SP was preparing for, so if anyone can shed light on it, that would be great. Thanks all.

That is a very interesting thought. I kinda doubt it b/c I don't think there's any real fame or fortune involved. However, some folks get pretty competitive over a lot of things. I pulled up the list of just the six mile run and there were over 500 people running in that one alone.

If you don't speak Spanish, and you're in the back floorboard with a bag over your head, and you are crying uncontrollably, and the DJ on the radio is speaking rapid-fire Spanish, and only says the time once... come on, be realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, if you put it that way. But I could describe another potential scenario.

Maybe she was laying on the floor by the back seat. And she was not crying because she was trying to stay alert and figure out how to get out of this nightmare. So she is listening to the sound of the radio because it is the only thing she can hear. And she wonders what town it is coming from, and what might be said on the news. Maybe she is listening as a way to focus on something so she does not have a meltdown. Even rapid fire, I would be able to pick out the numbers when they do the TOP OF THE HOUR announcements. All radio stations seem to have those.

My scenario seems as potentially realistic as yours does.

Both women were obviously involved in abducting SP and holding her captive for 22 days. But I haven't seen anything to confirm that it was both women that beat, tortured and branded her. One of them could have always been along for the ride while the other took the more aggressive role. Maybe the one who released her spent more time with her and got to know her on a more personal level. I can't imagine ever being in that situation, but I would definitely try to befriend the abductor and appeal to whatever (albeit little or nonexistent) compassion or humanity they had. JMO

When that less aggressive abductor walks into the Sheriff's office to confess and blow the case wide open, I'll buy everyone a round of that fancy ice cream drink discussed a few pages ago.

I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but could there possibly be more than just two perpetrators? I just can't shake the feeling that there's someone else calling the shots, and the two women were just the cronies.

I think it's possible one was in charge and said something like "I'm not getting out of bed at 3am, go get rid of her and be back in an hour."

I see zero evidence of humanity from either of them.

It's possible that one of two captors was more compassionate and defied the other captor by releasing SP, but I'm not assuming that's the case either. For all I know, the person who released SP was the dominant one and more of a risk taker.

It's just as possible, to me, that the plan was always for one captor to transport and release SP while the other immediately cleaned up the location where she had been held.

THAT makes more sense to me, but who the heck knows? One of them may have been passed out on heroin for all we know. One of them might be dead.

Combine that with (possibly) a ST abduction gone bad, massive publicity of your captive, significant rewards for someone willing to turn you in and the fact that kidnapping is an 8 year prison term vs a lethal injection gig and you might be able to bake a cake, even with a number of other ingredients missing.

Sure, if you put it that way. But I could describe another potential scenario.

Maybe she was laying on the floor by the back seat. And she was not crying because she was trying to stay alert and figure out how to get out of this nightmare. So she is listening to the sound of the radio because it is the only thing she can hear. And she wonders what town it is coming from, and what might be said on the news. Maybe she is listening as a way to focus on something so she does not have a meltdown. Even rapid fire, I would be able to pick out the numbers when they do the TOP OF THE HOUR announcements. All radio stations seem to have those.

My scenario seems as potentially realistic as yours does.

Respectfully I think it sounds more like the stuff of TV or the kind of thing we would assign in hindsight. I don't think it's just as realistic for a NorCal white girl to pick out the time on a Spanish Radio station a couple of hours after being abducted.

And we don't even know that the radio was on or that it even worked.

But honestly, I live in the Texas Panhandle and have been exposed to so much more Spanish speakers than SP ever was. I place zero confidence in my ability to pick out the time from Spanish radio in a completely controlled setting, much less the kind SP faced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're on! But I think that's a safe bet, though we may not agree on the reasons why she'd be unlikely to confess. She could've been putting her own life at risk in releasing SP, so I wouldn't expect to hear from her unless they were both apprehended and she tried to cut a deal. JMO

When that less aggressive abductor walks into the Sheriff's office to confess and blow the case wide open, I'll buy everyone a round of that fancy ice cream drink discussed a few pages ago.

That is a very interesting thought. I kinda doubt it b/c I don't think there's any real fame or fortune involved. However, some folks get pretty competitive over a lot of things. I pulled up the list of just the six mile run and there were over 500 people running in that one alone.

I agree it is unlikely unless SP was the winner in past years and someone was trying to keep her out of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get