VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

all i can figure is that they thought by staying on friendly terms they would be able to develop a case, or that someone's conscience would show up... then nothing panned out and they were stuck with very little evidence.

even right now i would like to see them name someone as a POI or suspect and pursue search warrants etc, but as i posted earlier - i dont know that they have enough for a warrant, i would imagine if they could have they already would have eh? it certainly doesnt seem that they could have enough to file any sort of charge (from the limited amount of info we have).

we also dont know how many times they have interviewed people and what pressure they may have tried to put on them, maybe its none at all, maybe its a lot... we just dont know. that is why im holding off criticizing anyone and just venting my frustration in general ways.

btw if the ID show Disappeared returns in the spring (i have not seen it confirmed) they are planning to do an episode/segment(?) on Katelin.

edit - the reason i put segment(?) is because there is so little information i dont know how they would fill an hour episode, and i dont know if they have ever done a show in segments of multiple stories

here is how we know she didnt run off imo - the text to amber.

if her intent was to "disappear" willingly, why send that text? she wouldnt.

what that text did was immediately alarm amber and get her to start making phone calls, if she wanted to buy herself some time without anyone looking for her then the text she sends to amber is "im at the airport, phone is dying, see you in a few hours!" or "about to board, will be home soon! wont be able to text until im there"

katelin would know what would happen if she sends the text "not coming back today, change of plans."... and then nothing. amber is going to immediately start blowing up her phone and then she is going to call her mother and friends etc - and as soon as she calls katelin's mother and they tell each other what their texts said there is a problem

if you were intending to walk out of someones life without a confrontation you just wouldnt send any text, or you would send something like i mentioned above.

katelin did not send that text, therefore she didnt send the other text that was sent at the same time.

a random person did not send those texts, those texts were sent by someone that *thought* those texts would buy them some time, someone who apparently thought amber would just read the text, then not be able to get katelin on the phone and just say "well i guess i will just wait til i hear from her someday"... sounds like whoever sent those texts wasnt thinking clearly, maybe they were stressed out over something eh?

the police dont think she was ever at the mall, neither do i.

someone that had access to katelin, and her phone, right before she went missing, sent those texts.

and unfortunately nothing else probably happens in this case unless Katelin is found.

and i think you know what i think is the only way that happens. :(

How did this person get into her phone? Do we know it was thumb print or was it password?

How did this person get into her phone? Do we know it was thumb print or was it password?

we dont know. but thumb print well... ugh.

do most people have security enabled on their phone at all times? i have never had a smart phone, it is possible there was no lock right?

do most people have security enabled on their phone at all times? i have never had a smart phone, it is possible there was no lock right?

Yes, it is possible there was no lock or password on the phone. My husband and I do not have anything on ours.

Definitely possible, but highly unusual for someone her age IMO.

I have been a Websleuths member for years and I don't recall a single missing persons case where such an OBVIOUS prime suspect was treated so gingerly by LE. Why the kid gloves? Why the shielding him and his identity from any media? Why go dark on the entire case? None of this is passing the smell test. Sorry to the mods if they have to delete this, but it's ticked me off for a long time.

She may have sent the text to stop Amber from meeting her in Las Vegas aa planned before they both were to head back to Arizona I think.

So if Amber was going to drive or fly to Vegas for the meet; Then maybe Katelin didn't want her to go through all of that trouble. Idk. Just a thought.

She may have sent the text to stop Amber from meeting her in Las Vegas aa planned before they both were to head back to Arizona I think.

So if Amber was going to drive or fly to Vegas for the meet; Then maybe Katelin didn't want her to go through all of that trouble. Idk. Just a thought.

i think my main point would still hold even if that were the case tho, she would have known that by sending such a vague text and then not answering any return calls or texts that amber would have started calling other people and the ruse would soon be exposed. i just think someone looking to mislead people would have realized that those two texts would not work, they would instead end up causing immediate alarm.

i think my main point would still hold even if that were the case tho, she would have known that by sending such a vague text and then not answering any return calls or texts that amber would have started calling other people and the ruse would soon be exposed. i just think someone looking to mislead people would have realized that those two texts would not work, they would instead end up causing immediate alarm.

Agree.

Going from memory, Stepfather said that he offered to take her right to the airport. But she requested to be dropped off at the mall instead. She said she wanted to do some shopping. But Amber had said that the only money Katelin had was Ambers debit card for use of the traveling expenses. So she didn't seem to believe that Amber had any big shopping to do that day. JMO
Thank You...I knew there was something about a change...maybe even asked to be taken earlier than the original planned leaving time.
If so...how would sd know that she made her plane? Wasn't it he that texted that she did? So long ago and issues with loading pages today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that thinks this is voluntary most likely? I think I might be....

Am I the only one that thinks this is voluntary most likely? I think I might be....

there is literally not one thing about it that makes me think this was voluntary.

the only thing to ever suggest it was a vague comment by LE which was never clarified and definitely could have been misleading.

http://m.kltv.com/kltv/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:4fnNC7rU

Old article, but :
<Snipped from above article >
"Even though Katelin hasn't had her phone on since Saturday, the family says they are in contact with the telecommunication company to trace the cell phone as soon as they can. "

Wonder what info they received from the phone company, if any? I'd love to know where her phone pinged from when those last 2 texts were sent.

I have been a Websleuths member for years and I don't recall a single missing persons case where such an OBVIOUS prime suspect was treated so gingerly by LE. Why the kid gloves? Why the shielding him and his identity from any media? Why go dark on the entire case? None of this is passing the smell test. Sorry to the mods if they have to delete this, but it's ticked me off for a long time.

Completely right there with you!!!

I wish the family would make a plea to the media. So much silence in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the family would make a plea to the media. So much silence in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder why that is....mom certainly has no reason to protect an ex..but yet she doesn't call him out etc....maybe they think she left on her own as well?

I don't think she left on her own. I don't think she would be gone this long without contact with her sister and her niece. She's missing holiday baby pictures. All of that stuff. I don't know her at all but she doesn't seem the type to just abandon family and friends for this amount of time. There's no tolls or anything to prove timelines. It wouldn't be too hard to put a phone in a car and drive it somewhere and toss it out the window near the mall to make it look like she was there. It's just unfortunate that there has been no word of cell phone activity. Where's the warrants? Are there any?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back