Massapequa connection to LISK

Honestly I think factors like this are a bit overthought. If people (except maybe us!) see folks at the side of the road they probably just figure they're going to use the bathroom, smoke, stretch their legs etc. same with the burlap. I looked online and it can be ordered from a zillion places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've thought this from time to time as well.
The burlap could have been something an " ordinary guy " had leftover from a landscaping project, for example.
JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I've thought this from time to time as well.
The burlap could have been something an " ordinary guy " had leftover from a landscaping project, for example.
JMO

If the profile calls for a white male 30-50 years old then LISK would most likely have to own the landscaping business. On Long Island the majority of the landscaper workers are Mexican. So if we are looking for a white laborer that would definitely narrow the field I would think. But if we are looking for a white man who owns the business the field gets larger again.

So, police are still saying they don't believe Gilbert's death is related to the serial killings...and we've pretty much exhausted our discussions about Gilbert IMO...

Lol just have to laugh that the first post in this thread says we've pretty much exhausted our discussions about Gilbert and yet this still remains the ones with the most comments of all of the girls, in 2016. I think way too much time, period, is wasted on Shannan Gilbert and her story. Any docs or specials I've watched on the subject devotes the majority of their time to her story and not enough to the other girls who we ARE sure, were related to one person and each other.

Please don't mistake this for me saying that Shannan's story isn't important at all. It's important to this story in the fact that if it weren't for her, the other girls may have never been discovered. It's also important because we don't know for sure that her death was accidental and maybe she was murdered but it's just not by LISK. I just think her story shouldn't be the focus. That's what I liked about TKS (the killing season). They didn't waste too much time discussing it. It came up but didn't monopolize the series. Shannon's mother had the biggest voice, however, and it's a shame that she has now been silenced. That means the others families need to step it up, keep on the police, stay in the media spotlight and pound the pavement until justice is served.

Sini has been on the job for a year now. Does LE know more now than before? Will an arrest be made? I wonder how the families feel six years after the bodies were found? Will the FBI profile be made public?

Lol just have to laugh that the first post in this thread says we've pretty much exhausted our discussions about Gilbert and yet this still remains the ones with the most comments of all of the girls, in 2016. I think way too much time, period, is wasted on Shannan Gilbert and her story. Any docs or specials I've watched on the subject devotes the majority of their time to her story and not enough to the other girls who we ARE sure, were related to one person and each other.

Please don't mistake this for me saying that Shannan's story isn't important at all. It's important to this story in the fact that if it weren't for her, the other girls may have never been discovered. It's also important because we don't know for sure that her death was accidental and maybe she was murdered but it's just not by LISK. I just think her story shouldn't be the focus. That's what I liked about TKS (the killing season). They didn't waste too much time discussing it. It came up but didn't monopolize the series. Shannon's mother had the biggest voice, however, and it's a shame that she has now been silenced. That means the others families need to step it up, keep on the police, stay in the media spotlight and pound the pavement until justice is served.

The SG story broke the case, while it is key, the other girls are as important too. Is there a nexus that ties them together? The SG story is what gets us to watch those dramatized shows on TV that are more fluff than substance. SG has... or had a vocal mother who wanted answers. The other families have been quiet.

What is the underlying purpose of the SG-based TV shows? To get us to sit in front of it for an hour and support the sponsors! If the case does get solved, the shows go away until something else comes along to replace it as a cash-cow. Always follow the money. The shows have little to no intention of solving anything, everyone is a paid actor as a bottom line.

Here's a side story for y'all. I was sitting on a Robert Moses beach in the summer of 2012. One couple walked up to me and struck up a conversation about the killings, they were from Connecticut and I suspect they may have been family of one of the victims. I ran into them twice after that, clearly they were on a fishing trip and who is better to talk to than the locals?

I told them that the killer was likely very local and possibly protected to some degree. I never went into who I believed the killer was since I wasn't sure of who I was talking to. I gave them a broad-stroke response. They also were not sure where the bodies were found and that I gave them.

Sini has been on the job for a year now. Does LE know more now than before? Will an arrest be made? I wonder how the families feel six years after the bodies were found? Will the FBI profile be made public?

All good questions. Commissioner Sini is a fresh face and voice, although his professional abilities are questioned by many and his placement might be a result of the Steve Bellone good-old-boy network. I personally like the guy, but can he make a difference? Time will tell. It comes down to how respected he will be by those under him.

Is the case still active by the SCPD or any other alphabet agency? I'd like to see a profile myself. I'm sure the families feel badly by what has been permitted to go on for too long.

The SG story broke the case, while it is key, the other girls are as important too. Is there a nexus that ties them together? The SG story is what gets us to watch those dramatized shows on TV that are more fluff than substance. SG has... or had a vocal mother who wanted answers. The other families have been quiet.

What is the underlying purpose of the SG-based TV shows? To get us to sit in front of it for an hour and support the sponsors! If the case does get solved, the shows go away until something else comes along to replace it as a cash-cow. Always follow the money. The shows have little to no intention of solving anything, everyone is a paid actor as a bottom line.

Here's a side story for y'all. I was sitting on a Robert Moses beach in the summer of 2012. One couple walked up to me and struck up a conversation about the killings, they were from Connecticut and I suspect they may have been family of one of the victims. I ran into them twice after that, clearly they were on a fishing trip and who is better to talk to than the locals?

I told them that the killer was likely very local and possibly protected to some degree. I never went into who I believed the killer was since I wasn't sure of who I was talking to. I gave them a broad-stroke response. They also were not sure where the bodies were found and that I gave them.

Perhaps I have missed some discussion here...still going through all the threads, but, may I ask, who do you believe LISK to be?

Perhaps I have missed some discussion here...still going through all the threads, but, may I ask, who do you believe LISK to be?

I'm not going to voice my opinion here, but I feel that a POI that has been interviewed may be the killer. If you are familiar with the GRK case, look at how long it took to reel him in.

I'm not going to voice my opinion here, but I feel that a POI that has been interviewed may be the killer. If you are familiar with the GRK case, look at how long it took to reel him in.
I often wonder too, if the perp has already been interviewed.
It happens a lot😉

I seriously feel we need another season!!! How can we do this??! Who do we talk to? I believe josh and rachel are getting close!

I seriously feel we need another season!!! How can we do this??! Who do we talk to? I believe josh and rachel are getting close!

There was a thread with a link to A&E (I think) where we could request another season.. But I'm sorry, I can't find it now.

Are baby trees in burlap? Probably sounds dumb but its just a random idea I had.

The rootball of new trees are often wrapped in burlap
attachment.php

Attachments

• well_formed_rootball.jpg
    well_formed_rootball.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 293
Kubat's home in Massapequa is only 2 miles from the Best Western & about 3 miles from the Budget Inn. 2 of the calls made from Barthelemy's phone were traced to these motels.

Actually, Kolker clarified this in his book. About 2 weeks after Melissa disappeared police checked her phone records and learned that on the night she disappeared her phone pinged off a Massapequa tower. So they canvassed the area near the tower, which included stopping off and checking the closest two motels (Best Western and Budget Inn). This does not mean she was ever at either of them. It was a guess by police. The motels could provide no info and surveillance tapes showed nothing.

Actually, Kolker clarified this in his book. About 2 weeks after Melissa disappeared police checked her phone records and learned that on the night she disappeared her phone pinged off a Massapequa tower. So they canvassed the area near the tower, which included stopping off and checking the closest two motels (Best Western and Budget Inn). This does not mean she was ever at either of them. It was a guess by police. The motels could provide no info and surveillance tapes showed nothing.

There is a Budget Inn motel in Massapequa. Next to this motel property is London's Landscaping nursery. There website displays burlap used in plantings.

I can't say that what I'm sharing is in any way related to LISK but the Massapequa connection and other similarities have bothered me for over 2 years.

In September 2014, my daughter (then in her early teens) began online communication with "Megan," who my kid said was a former classmate who'd moved to Long Island. Fast forward to December 2014: My daughter told Megan we were heading to NY for a brief outing and as an aside, she mentioned that I used to travel from Tampa to Hauppauge for work for a former employer. Megan then offered that she lived in Massapequa and sent photos of a snow covered deck and yard in what appeared to be a nice neighborhood of ranch and split level style homes.

The week before our trip, my kid peppered me with odd questions: Are there tunnels in Penn Station? Are there dance recitals at Madison Square Garden? What kind of job would someone's dad do at the Garden? She also asked what her height, weight, and bust measurements were.

Once in Manhattan, my kid acted anxious, nervous and as though someone was watching her. After a day of this behavior and more odd questions, I got the truth: Megan wasn't a former classmate, she was an online stranger. "Megan" told my daughter that she had a dance recital at the Garden but because only 1 ticket was available, I couldn't go. My daughter was instructed to leave our hotel (which was across the street from MSG) while I showered, leave her cellphone and IPod Touch in the room, and meet Megan's middle aged father (who allegedly worked at MSG) at a men's restroom in Penn Station. The father would take my kid to the recital then home with him and Megan to Massapequa for dinner. My daughter tearfully admitted that the stranger knew where our hotel was and she was afraid for our safety.

I immediately contacted the police and the hotel manager. The police said since my child and I weren't physically harmed and because we were returning to FL the following day, we should "enjoy the night and be careful." The officer advised my daughter of stranger danger and the hotel manager allowed us to switch rooms.

Again, I can't in any way tie this to LISK but the locations (Massapequa, Penn Station, midtown Manhattan) coupled with the stranger's MO/grooming process/instructions struck an eerily similar chord. I once prided myself on monitoring my kid's online activity but this totally slipped past me. It breaks my heart that someone preyed on the LISK victims just as my child was hunted. I pray that these sick creatures are caught before they can ever hurt another human being.

I can't say that what I'm sharing is in any way related to LISK but the Massapequa connection and other similarities have bothered me for over 2 years.

In September 2014, my daughter (then in her early teens) began online communication with "Megan," who my kid said was a former classmate who'd moved to Long Island. Fast forward to December 2014: My daughter told Megan we were heading to NY for a brief outing and as an aside, she mentioned that I used to travel from Tampa to Hauppauge for work for a former employer. Megan then offered that she lived in Massapequa and sent photos of a snow covered deck and yard in what appeared to be a nice neighborhood of ranch and split level style homes.

The week before our trip, my kid peppered me with odd questions: Are there tunnels in Penn Station? Are there dance recitals at Madison Square Garden? What kind of job would someone's dad do at the Garden? She also asked what her height, weight, and bust measurements were.

Once in Manhattan, my kid acted anxious, nervous and as though someone was watching her. After a day of this behavior and more odd questions, I got the truth: Megan wasn't a former classmate, she was an online stranger. "Megan" told my daughter that she had a dance recital at the Garden but because only 1 ticket was available, I couldn't go. My daughter was instructed to leave our hotel (which was across the street from MSG) while I showered, leave her cellphone and IPod Touch in the room, and meet Megan's middle aged father (who allegedly worked at MSG) at a men's restroom in Penn Station. The father would take my kid to the recital then home with him and Megan to Massapequa for dinner. My daughter tearfully admitted that the stranger knew where our hotel was and she was afraid for our safety.

I immediately contacted the police and the hotel manager. The police said since my child and I weren't physically harmed and because we were returning to FL the following day, we should "enjoy the night and be careful." The officer advised my daughter of stranger danger and the hotel manager allowed us to switch rooms.

Again, I can't in any way tie this to LISK but the locations (Massapequa, Penn Station, midtown Manhattan) coupled with the stranger's MO/grooming process/instructions struck an eerily similar chord. I once prided myself on monitoring my kid's online activity but this totally slipped past me. It breaks my heart that someone preyed on the LISK victims just as my child was hunted. I pray that these sick creatures are caught before they can ever hurt another human being.
OH my lord. LE should have set this predetor up. What the hell is wrong with them? Im speechless.

I am so glad you and your daughter are safe.

I think where there is smoke, there is fire. So many times it seems "Massapequa" is mentioned. I think there are answers or at least more questions somewhere in Massapequa. [h=1][/h]

OH my lord. LE should have set this predetor up. What the hell is wrong with them? Im speechless.

I agree with you, however in the time frame may have been hard to set it up without her daughter being the bait, which is 100% unacceptable whichever way you look at it.

- The stranger presumably knew what the girl looked like and not vice versa
- Megans picture was probably a fake
- If anyone looked suspicious outside Penn St Toilet and LE approached, what do they say? "Are you Megan's dad?" - It's unlikely the perp would have said yes. But maybe they'd have got lucky.

There have been many vigilante stings here where the public are setting up these vile monsters baiting them, but they always have the picture of the perv first so there is evidence of grooming. I don't know if the US have the same laws either, over here it's illegal to even set up a meeting with a minor, doesn't even have to meet who they thought they were meeting, the intent was there.

I'm just glad there was a safe ending and that BEBG's daughter has a tale to tell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back