Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird question: since SP was held for 3 weeks, could LE tell anything about where she was held by analyzing her hair?

Excellent question. Hair may hold trace elements (drugs, minerals, vitamins) that appear over a period of time. I'm not sure 22 days would reveal much, but it might.

If it was to settle a score then there should be suspects. I was going to say prime suspects, but I have a feeling the word prime's definition would be butchered, spliced, and regurgitated to great lengths here.

A person generally will know when they did something that enrages another to want to settle a score to such great extent as this case or murder.

While I don't think settling a score was the motive here, do you think we'd be told if it were? The public is being apprised of so few clues, that I think LE would keep this info private as well.

If I were to list the items below in compiling a list of reasons for the event

sex trafficking
sex (other)
gang initiation
random grab
jealous rival
race-related

what other ones -- within TOS -- would there be to add?

I think that pretty much covers everything. You could probably break those down into more specific motives, But based on the little information we have, that's probably enough. I can't even come to an opinion, if this was a gang initiation, a sex crime, or a hate crime. I'm pretty sure it wasn't sex trafficking.

If it was to settle a score then there should be suspects. I was going to say prime suspects, but I have a feeling the word prime's definition would be butchered, spliced, and regurgitated to great lengths here.

A person generally will know when they did something that enrages another to want to settle a score to such great extent as this case or murder.
BBM

Speaking generally, if someone settled a score against me like this because I had done something to enrage them, I might not want LE to know what that "something" is that "someone" held against me. If that's the case (and I'm not saying it is), there wouldn't necessarily be suspects LE would know about.

I do believe this is personal, not random, but I'm not sure it's about settling a score. And if it is, there's a remote possibility that it may not be a score SP and KP are aware of.
MOO

cult/brainwashing
money/ransom
drug operation

A cult trying to brainwash her, wouldn't have released her before they accomplished what they were trying to do. Drug operations don't kidnap people.

A cult trying to brainwash her, wouldn't have released her before they accomplished what they were trying to do. Drug operations don't kidnap people.

I don't think it's any of those but they were all suggested. I was just adding to the list.

To be perfectly honest, I have NO clue.
I am not certain the reason is even in that list

It seems to me, that her abductors were very careful about her not seeing them, which makes me think that the plan was always to release her
No matter what the reason for her abduction, and then release, the abductors went to great lengths and took great risks

Or at least they wanted to have the option to release her. They could have made the decision to release her, instead of killing her, at some point. They may not have known what they were going to do with her, when they kidnaped her, but I agree, they did not necessarily plan to kill her, or they would not have hidden their identities from her.

A person would generally know that, but if they couldn't make things right, they might get shown how serious the offended party is, by grabbing a family member/spouse who is most important to them. If it was so easy to take her, in broad daylight, they could do it again, or take one of the children, and who knows if they'd let them loose next time? It has obviously scared the living daylights out of them b/c they've left town and even left so fast that they left their little dogs behind, and are reported to be driving a different vehicle. What if KP got himself into a bind w/someone? Why would they take out KP? That does no good. Show him how serious they are, send him a message, and they are way more likely to get satisfaction. They may be too scared to give up the suspect(s).

Okay, here we go. Pick three and list those in order of likelihood.

01. human trafficking
02. send a message
03. settle a score
04. sex
05. gang initiation
06. random grab
07. jealous rival
08. race-related
09. kidnap/ransom
10. cult/brainwash
11. drug operation
12. bid for fame
13. thrill snatch

Now don't y'all come after me with hammers; but I still think SP was taken for sex trafficking. I know she doesn't fit the "typical" mold of a sex trafficker due to her age, but I do think she could look much younger at first sight.:scared:

People have done worse to settle scores. As in murdering you and your family. This sounds personal to me. Someone on here mentioned that their family always shouted what Yolo stood for when they went through there. I think it was always planned to release her on Thanksgiving. Wonder if the town has any meaning? Yolo - You only live once. I realize it's a bit out there, but...everything about this is kinda out there.

A person would generally know that, but if they couldn't make things right, they might get shown how serious the offended party is, by grabbing a family member/spouse who is most important to them. If it was so easy to take her, in broad daylight, they could do it again, or take one of the children, and who knows if they'd let them loose next time? It has obviously scared the living daylights out of them b/c they've left town and even left so fast that they left their little dogs behind, and are reported to be driving a different vehicle. What if KP got himself into a bind w/someone? Why would they take out KP? That does no good. Show him how serious they are, send him a message, and they are way more likely to get satisfaction. They may be too scared to give up the suspect(s).

It does not seem likely unless they screwed over a big honcho of a drug cartel. But if this was the case, the message would be better sent if she was found mutilated, this is how they operate. I cannot buy suspects risking extensive jail time over sending a message. They had no idea if CP would have ratted them out first thing. The problem with little info to go on, the theories get really imaginative. It could also be a Aileen Wuornos/female duo. Without any more facts, the possibilities are endless.

Okay, here we go. Pick three and list those in order of likelihood.

01. human trafficking
02. send a message
03. settle a score
04. sex
05. gang initiation
06. random grab
07. jealous rival
08. race-related
09. kidnap/ransom
10. cult/brainwash
11. drug operation
12. bid for fame
13. thrill snatch

I'm sorry to say that not one motive on that list makes any sense to me at this point. I just can't wrap my mind around any of this.
I'm not able to make the pieces come together to match a motive. There's always a different piece that doesn't fit. Sigh.

I know that some of us have questioned why photos of the kids were released before, during and after SP's abduction. It just dawned on me that perhaps these photos were released when she was being held as an appeal to the abductors to let her go. I'm not concluding that this is the reason she was set free. I'm merely explaining why I think pictures of her children were all over the media. While I don't think this was the main reason SP was set free, I wonder if it played any sort of a role.

Now don't y'all come after me with hammers; but I still think SP was taken for sex trafficking. I know she doesn't fit the "typical" mold of a sex trafficker due to her age, but I do think she could look much younger at first sight.:scared:

I could go with this. I followed Brittney Wood's case where we were told Brittney's uncle was her protector and would never hurt her. Come to find out he was pimping her out to all his friends.

Speaking of Brittney, we were also told she left on foot to visit her uncle, when actually he picked her up at end of her driveway. And her mother knew!

I do try keep an open mind until facts are known.
Fool me once, shame on you.

:daisy:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but has it ever been definitively determined if the sighting at the gas station was SP?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but has it ever been definitively determined if the sighting at the gas station was SP?

I'm can't remember where the revelation came from; but I remember reading that supposedly that sighting was unrelated.

In my opinion, there are different levels of laboratories. For example, labs that LE depend on are held to a very high standard and significant backlogs are not unusual. Yes, I believe certain cases can be rushed, depending on circumstances.

A local lab that handles DNA for, say paternity/custody issues, are held to a certain standard, of course, which IMO may not be as high as the LE/Fed crime lab. These paternity/custody results, while important, are not as critical as a criminal case where someone's freedom might be at stake.

There are other, private labs where DNA can be done for -- I hate to use the word 'fun' - lesser important purposes...i.e ethnicity (how Irish are you?) or entertainment purposes. I imagine Maury might use this expedited option.

I'm not suggesting that any of these labs are shady or cut corners. Each may serve their purpose. A guy who thinks he may be the father of a newborn may not need the level of a criminal lab. If he wants to dispute the results, he can elevate it further....JMHO.
You might enjoy this, as well as others. I found it interesting!
http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member