Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Sherri's abductors knew she didn't understand Spanish.

How do you know she doesn't understand or speak Spanish? She reportedly dated Hispanic men before she was married (20/20's Matt Gutman said so in a tweet).

I also wonder if SP was able to give more of a description of her captors, but LE has chosen not to release that info because this might tip them off, or for some other unknown reason. For instance, let's assume she was never able to see their faces in full, how about some kind of a height range being released??

Masks. Face masks. That might be how SP knew their hair color and eye color. A mask couldn't be seen from the road if the abductors were back to the road. Hoods up, masks on with a little hair peeking out and an ability to see their eyes.

Balaclava and a hoodie maybe. http://coziadesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/maxpro-balaclava-gallery-3.png

I have always thought that the neatly placed phone indicated that SP had placed it there to tie her shoe. They could have been waiting and then drove up behind her and grabbed her with her back turned.

JMO

Masks. Face masks. That might be how SP knew their hair color and eye color. A mask couldn't be seen from the road if the abductors were back to the road. Hoods up, masks on with a little hair peeking out and an ability to see their eyes.

I've thought of that. But wouldn't it be risky to drive around with face masks on? If you're going to say that they put the masks on when they stopped the car, wouldn't SP have heard the car coming? Maybe not...

How do you know she doesn't understand or speak Spanish? She reportedly dated Hispanic men before she was married (20/20's Matt Gutman said so in a tweet).

Interesting Gardener. So, shall we consider she did understand when her captors spoke?

Because I thought the reason she didn't know motive or any small details of her captors, was that she didn't understand what they were saying. :thinking:

Maybe someone could help me figure this out. I keep wondering why we are being told that SP gave so few details about perps, reason for abduction etc. I have come up with a few possible reasons:

1. She gave many more details and those haven't been released to the public for various reasons, some obvious, some not.
2. She was drugged and can't remember a lot. This is the one I am struggling with. Does anyone know if this is at all plausible?

Interesting Gardener. So, shall we consider she did understand when her captors spoke?

Because I thought the reason she didn't know motive or any small details of her captors, was that she didn't understand what they were saying. :thinking:

Maybe they didn't speak to her very much. Maybe they never told her what they wanted. Or maybe she knows what they wanted and doesn't want to tell LE. Or maybe SP knows and told LE, so LE knows BUT maybe LE does not want the public to know the motive until the perps are found and arrested.

How soon until arrests are made, do you think?

Maybe someone could help me figure this out. I keep wondering why we are being told that SP gave so few details about perps, reason for abduction etc. I have come up with a few possible reasons:

1. She gave many more details and those haven't been released to the public for various reasons, some obvious, some not.
2. She was drugged and can't remember a lot. This is the one I am struggling with. Does anyone know if this is at all plausible?

I think it could be a combination of the two. We know for sure the LE knows many things they are keeping back. The sheriff has stated that multiple times. And as far as drugs, I could buy the theory that they were putting sleeping pills in her food to keep her groggy and unaware most of the time. The VI hinted at a theory that maybe SP did not eat very much because she thought the captors were putting drugs in her food. The VI said it was only a theory but I find it plausible.

I've thought of that. But wouldn't it be risky to drive around with face masks on? If you're going to say that they put the masks on when they stopped the car, wouldn't SP have heard the car coming? Maybe not...

If she was bound with head covered, they would not have to drive with masks on. If she was not drugged, one may have sat in the back with her to keep her still.

I think it could be a combination of the two. We know for sure the LE knows many things they are keeping back. The sheriff has stated that multiple times. And as far as drugs, I could buy the theory that they were putting sleeping pills in her food to keep her groggy and unaware most of the time. The VI hinted at a theory that maybe SP did not eat very much because she thought the captors were putting drugs in her food. The VI said it was only a theory but I find it plausible.

I know others have suggested that perhaps SP is not giving more details out of fear for herself and her family. This doesn't seem likely to me because I'd think she'd want the perps brought to justice so that they can pay for what they did to her and so that she doesn't have to go on living in fear of them coming back. Although, I can see it from others' perspective.

If she was bound with head covered, they would not have to drive with masks on. If she was not drugged, one may have sat in the back with her to keep her still.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to the perps driving around with face masks prior to SP's abduction. I was trying to figure out how it is that SP didn't see their faces before they took her. One person said that they sneaked up behind her, but wouldn't she have heard the car stopping and looked?

I don't think that's accurate. I can't even remember seeing real running shoes that don't lace. This article certainly doesn't mention them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...e76f5c-8f3d-11e6-9c85-ac42097b8cc0_story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you are right that there are still tennis shoes with the big bunchy shoe laces instead of the grip no tie laces or no tie. I have no seen the tied shoelaces in a long while and only wear the gripped.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I find bulky strings a nuisance and unattractive, but I am into other forms of working out so the no tie grip work well, the avid runners I know wear the ones that look and are in the shape of feet.

Attachments

• 101622065_L_w.jpg
    101622065_L_w.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 347
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 343
  • images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 341
Okay, here we go. Pick three and list those in order of likelihood.

01. human trafficking
02. send a message
03. settle a score
04. sex
05. gang initiation
06. random grab
07. jealous rival
08. race-related
09. kidnap/ransom
10. cult/brainwash
11. drug operation
12. bid for fame
13. thrill snatch

Here's this again. It's difficult to incorporate other or more specific notions (see above ) into this format for fear of unintentionally running afoul of TOS. (Thus too no choice like "Other," etc.)

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to the perps driving around with face masks prior to SP's abduction. I was trying to figure out how it is that SP didn't see their faces before they took her. One person said that they sneaked up behind her, but wouldn't she have heard the car stopping and looked?

What if: She was running with earbuds on so she didn't hear anyone get out of a car or approach. She stops to tie her shoe or stretch and sets her phone down briefly with earbuds coiled. Woman with gun comes up behind her while she is kneeling down, points gun to her back and tells her to leave the phone and come with them or she will be shot. They walk SP to the car and have her lay face down on the back seat floor. One woman drives, one woman stays in the back with the gun and threatens SP not to look around or get up until they reach their destination.

They had their faces covered and one of them had a gun, and they got her into the SUV. I have never been to the area, but I did see someone here post that it would be too risky to carry that out so close to the road. I don't know where the SUV parked, or its proximity to the mailboxes. Maybe someone who is familiar with the area can help us out.

I don't think that's accurate. I can't even remember seeing real running shoes that don't lace. This article certainly doesn't mention them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...e76f5c-8f3d-11e6-9c85-ac42097b8cc0_story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She had no reason to register and store the SUV color up until the point she was seized, then fight or flight response kicks in, fear, and shock. Some people gauge details well and notice things more than others. One may remember what color shirt a person was wearing the day before and another with the same person might not have any memory of what color it was. I asked this question before, but wasn't she able to provide it was dark?

I did an online search for masks where eyebrows can be seen, and I didn't come up with anything except surgical masks and bandannas (and mud masks). I can't picture a whole-face mask that would allow eyebrows to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea