Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since SP was released, I have been reminded of this song and video by Rihanna:

"Music video[edit]

The video was directed by Rihanna and Megaforce and was filmed in April 2015 in Los Angeles, with the boat scene being filmed at Marina Del Rey.[SUP][58][/SUP] The official trailer for the music video was released on June 28, 2015, at the BET Awards. The trailer captured a cryptic storyline: a rich woman, identity unknown, gets herself ready in her lavish apartment, clothes on and purse gathered in her arms, kisses her partner goodbye, and enters a dimly-lit elevator. As this occurs, Rihanna, simulating a poorer woman and wearing dark makeup, pulls up to the apartment complex at night. She opens up her car's trunk and pulls out ..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*****_Better_Have_My_Money

I read a few posts curious why the head phones were found neatly on the ground. My initial thought went toward, if someone grabs you forcibly, your first countermeasure is to go as low to the ground as possible bending the knees or splaying the legs sideways to get out from a hold from the top and is also a seemingly innate response to being grabbed. People react that way when held and tickled: their response is to go down. As she struggled bending the knees and legs dropping the head phone unit which was already neatly wrapped,( as many do when jogging and not using it), dropped it from a low position.

It is harder to drag a body once the person is low positioned on the ground fighting.

If the scene was to be stage, I believe the head phones/phone would be thrown and damaged to some extent imo.

I think SP may have lowered herself to the ground and placed the headphones on top of the phone so as to buy time. It certainly would have been quicker to just drop them.

I think it should have been apparent to SP early on in the abduction, and it should also have been clear to LE on Day 1 of their interview with her post-abduction, as to whether or not the abductors knew who she was from the outset. They likely would have slipped up and called her by name, or at some point referred to personal details of her life that they couldn't have known unless they knew her personally or had researched her.

Examples:

"If you ever want to see those two children of yours again..."
"I bet you wish you could call Keith right now, don't you?"
"You just thought you hated people like us before... wait til we're done with you!"

So I really wish we had at least some indication of whether this was personal or not, as that is crucial to the case. SP may not be able to tell us much about them, but if we know whether they knew who it was they were abducting, that does tell us something about them. If that makes sense.

I think someone who is small, doesn't look to be experienced with hard manual labor, and would surely be missed......is the least likely candidate-type to be nabbed for marijuana harvesting.

The best clue is the branding imo. Information about the method and situation she was in when they branded her would be great info. Can someone explain the branding that has details?

Who (suspect) would brand? You could eliminate people from branding if it is something they have had no experience or concept of.

What we know about the branding:

1. Sheriff Bosenko did not want that detail divulged publicly; KP divulged it publicly anyway.
2. It's not a symbol, but could be more like a message (according to Sheriff Bosenko).
3. KP could feel the scabs under his fingers when he was first re-united with SP at the hospital (according to his GMA statement).
4. There have been no further details as to the branding released to the public.

There are all types of branding; some types can be done to oneself and other types need to be done by someone else. Since we don't know anything about the branding type or the location(s) of the branding on SP's body, we don't know whether the branding required an experienced hand.

I think it should have been apparent to SP early on in the abduction, and it should also have been clear to LE on Day 1 of their interview with her post-abduction, as to whether or not the abductors knew who she was from the outset. They likely would have slipped up and called her by name, or at some point referred to personal details of her life that they couldn't have known unless they knew her personally or had researched her.

Examples:

"You just thought you hated people like us before... wait til we're done with you!"

So I really wish we had at least some indication of whether this was personal or not, as that is crucial to the case. SP may not be able to tell us much about them, but if we know whether they knew who it was they were abducting, that does tell us something about them. If that makes sense.

Although I'm leaning toward the ST theory, one puzzle piece that doesn't fit is the lack of LE coming out stronger and informing women to be careful when alone. This makes me wonder if it was more personal. My mind changes with the wind on this case because it is so inconsistent with any one theory.

So an organization would take over a family's page instead of redirecting people to their own? The page they have has many postings on it for many people on the area. Now they have two pages for the same purpose? Just seemed a bit odd to me they would repurpose s page when they already have their official page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen it before for a few cases we have followed.

Usually the person that sets up *missing* pages is from Australia I have seen.

Perhaps they are setting up because they get money from the hits on each click?

He never said her injuries were no more severe than a sprained ankle. He gave an unfortunate example when describing why someone would be treated and released instead of kept in the hospital. IMO, he was downplaying because he didn't want to release the details. And he didn't repeat that sprained ankle example because the next day KP released the details and the Sheriff confirmed that those were her injuries but he did not want them released, especially the detail that she was branded. If the sheriff had kept insisting after KP's statements that SP's injuries were like a sprained ankle you might have a point that we can't always go by what he says. But that was an instance where the sheriff was purposely trying to be vague to hold back info and he got caught in it. That is different, IMO, from him repeatedly saying he believes SP.

You know I always think when LE talks they mean what they say, whether we realize it at the time or not. When he said "sprained ankle" he may have described another injury SP had. Think about this, you're out running, you step funny and you sprain your ankle. You take off your earbuds, wrap them around your phone and place the phone neatly on the ground. Could she have been sitting nursing her ankle for a second when she was abducted?

The brothers were from Modesto; they were held captive in Calaveras County 60 miles north. Here's a link to a Sacramento newspaper article: http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/article103356392.html
"Two women were arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and enslaving four brothers from Modesto by forcing them to work in a remote marijuana-growing site in Calaveras County, the Sheriff’s Office announced..."

In an earlier thread, someone linked to the Calaveras County court records relevant to that case. Both women were held with bonds of $800,000. At some point, all of kidnapping and trafficking charges were dropped, leaving only marijuana cultivation and battery charges, and both had their bail reduced to $32,500. Around Nov. 14, MUE posted bond (don't know if she was actually released; there may have been a federal hold if she was in the country illegally) and GSA is still locked up.

You know I always think when LE talks they mean what they say, whether we realize it at the time or not. When he said "sprained ankle" he may have described another injury SP had. Think about this, you're out running, you step funny and you sprain your ankle. You take off your earbuds, wrap them around your phone and place the phone neatly on the ground. Could she have been sitting nursing her ankle for a second when she was abducted?

Great point! I was thinking of this the other night, but more on the lines of stopping to tie the running shoes, but 99% do not have laces that tie anymore. I could not get past that roadblock, but your theory makes sense of it.

I think SP may have lowered herself to the ground and placed the headphones on top of the phone so as to buy time. It certainly would have been quicker to just drop them.

I'm trying to figure out how this fits in with not seeing the perp's faces. Did they have their faces covered when they approached her and she lowered her phone to the ground? Someone familiar with the area said there's no way the Hispanic women would risk approaching SP with their faces covered because they would risk being seen from the road. And if they approached her from behind and threw a bag over her head, they would also risk being seen from the road. And if her face was covered, it's difficult to imagine her being able to put the phone down and place the headphones on top of the phone.

I'm trying to figure out how this fits in with not seeing the perp's faces. Did they have their faces covered when they approached her and she lowered her phone to the ground? Someone familiar with the area said there's no way the Hispanic women would risk approaching SP with their faces covered because they would risk being seen from the road. And if they approached her from behind and threw a bag over her head, they would also risk being seen from the road. And if her face was covered, it's difficult to imagine her being able to put the phone down and place the headphones on top of the phone.

In the first second or two, she would not been able to get a good, long hard look a them. Probably, she was ordered at gunpoint, IMMEDIATELY, to look down and away from their faces. I would follow that order because if they knew I saw their faces, they'd be more likely to kill me, if it was just a robbery.

So she probably did not get a good look at them during the actual abduction. And the put her in the back of the suv, possibly on the floor of the car, or crouching or lying down. And from then on they had the ability to keep her from seeing their faces.

I know, I too can't explain how it is that SP is unable to describe the perps. The only theory I have come up with is that she was drugged. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but if it doesn't then it fits in with the few details that we have been told already .:thinking:

Examples:

LE would also have a better sense of whether it was targeted or about the motive or about one or more of the captors based on what items were found on/with Sherri at that time she was recovered. In particular, if she was returned in clothing that was not the clothing she had on at the time of the abduction each and every article of clothing will tell them something without even having to send it to the lab. Whether or not she had her wedding ring when she was abducted and whether she had it when she was recovered will also tell them something.

There is enough information that was conveyed by the Sheriff, KP, SP via KP, and Lake16 second, third or more hand, to suggest (in varying degrees), but not confirm by any means, what some of this was.

Of course, I would really like to know whether Sherri is left-handed or not. Occam's razor suggests right-handed simply based on the rarity of left-handers.

For what it is worth I don't think this is random. It doesn't imply she knew the perpetrators in any way.

Great point! I was thinking of this the other night, but more on the lines of stopping to tie the running shoes, but 99% do not have laces that tie anymore. I could not get past that roadblock, but your theory makes sense of it.

I don't think that's accurate. I can't even remember seeing real running shoes that don't lace. This article certainly doesn't mention them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...e76f5c-8f3d-11e6-9c85-ac42097b8cc0_story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, I too can't explain how it is that SP is unable to describe the perps. The only theory I have come up with is that she was drugged. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but if it doesn't then it fits in with the few details that we have been told already .:thinking:

Masks. Face masks. That might be how SP knew their hair color and eye color. A mask couldn't be seen from the road if the abductors were back to the road. Hoods up, masks on with a little hair peeking out and an ability to see their eyes.

LE would also have a better sense of whether it was targeted or about the motive or about one or more of the captors based on what items were found on/with Sherri at that time she was recovered. In particular, if she was returned in clothing that was not the clothing she had on at the time of the abduction each and every article of clothing will tell them something without even having to send it to the lab. Whether or not she had her wedding ring when she was abducted and whether she had it when she was recovered will also tell them something.

There is enough information that was conveyed by the Sheriff, KP, SP via KP, and Lake16 second, third or more hand, to suggest (in varying degrees), but not confirm by any means, what some of this was.

Of course, I would really like to know whether Sherri is left-handed or not. Occam's razor suggests right-handed simply based on the rarity of left-handers.

For what it is worth I don't think this is random. It doesn't imply she knew the perpetrators in any way.

I know it sounds nutty, but I really think she was abducted to send a message. The beating, the threatening message branded on her was meant to instill fear in others. I don't know who those others are, family, friends, neighbors, but she's a warning to others.
Like you I don't think this was random and I think it was planned specifically for her so there's some connection with her and whoever it is that is supposed to get this message.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Okay, here we go. Pick three and list those in order of likelihood.

01. human trafficking
02. send a message
03. settle a score
04. sex
05. gang initiation
06. random grab
07. jealous rival
08. race-related
09. kidnap/ransom
10. cult/brainwash
11. drug operation
12. bid for fame
13. thrill snatch

14. Affair gone wrong or catfish gone wrong. Which could be sending a message as well.

Like the catfish gone bad idea.

It's all about money, money, money. :moo:

Just found another case where a woman was branded, starved and beaten by a woman and a man and driven around. Names of the two abductors are Lauren Sorensen and Aldair Hodza.

Right, but we only know she said that is how she knew they were Hispanic. Living there so long was likely to her advantage b/c she could probably pick up on what they were saying, even if in bits and pieces. I had bi-lingual employees and when they spoke Spanish I could make out a lot of what they were saying, but I couldn't speak it, save for a few words. JMO

I wonder how Sherri's abductors knew she didn't understand Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther