UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry McSpadden, 24, 2007, Last seen in after a night out in Wisbech 25 miles from RAF Marham

Luke Durbin, 19, 2006, last seen after a night out in Ipswich 8 miles from RAF Wattisham

Corrie McKeague, 23, 2016, last seen after a night out in Bury St Edmunds 15 miles from RAF Mildenhall

I am sure there are more people missing than listed on the missing persons website, Corrie isn't on there. But all young men that disappeared after nights out, on their own and all close to RAF bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry McSpadden was thought to be murdered by his flatmate. There had been an incident a few days previous where Terry had woken up terrified as he'd been wrapped up in cling film and bubble wrap....bizarre. He was charged but a judge dismissed the case.

Terry McSpadden was thought to be murdered by his flatmate. There had been an incident a few days previous where Terry had woken up terrified as he'd been wrapped up in cling film and bubble wrap....bizarre. He was charged but a judge dismissed the case.

OT but Wow!

A new theory has been rattling around my head. What if Corrie was actually waiting for that bin lorry? He runs to the area looks around but wagon not there yet, he's returned to base this way before, so he ambles over to bin checks its still full and waits. The bin is dry recycling commercial waste so the bin is not full and not too filthy and we know it only collects 11kg of waste. I don't think he gets a lift with driver because I think the passenger side of a such a large vehicle once reversed in to the area would be visible on cctv, so he gets into the back. Maybe others from base have also done this and they know not to get in until the mechanical blade has compressed waste and is locked into place for driving. Best practice states that ideally all bin lorries should have a driver and reverse assistant but this is not always the case and we have heard no reference to another staff member being present so a person jumping on whilst driver moving off could go unnoticed. He isn't picked up on cctv leaving because he's on the inside of the lorry and gets off at a point when lorry has to slow down or pause, traffic lights maybe.
In a previous mesage I had posted a bbc link about Biffa trucks and their use of CCTV. Its pretty good and gives a good insight of the challenges they have .

OT but Wow!

I'm assuming OT means off topic/thread, if so my post was in response to WheresJohnnyGosch who was suggesting a possible link between Corrie, Luke Durbin and Terry McSpadden. Just saying Terry's case is unlikely to be connected in any way to the other two, but Corrie and Luke could be as they are very close together (in distance not time).

I'm assuming OT means off topic/thread, if so my post was in response to WheresJohnnyGosch who was suggesting a possible link between Corrie, Luke Durbin and Terry McSpadden. Just saying Terry's case is unlikely to be connected in any way to the other two, but Corrie and Luke could be as they are very close together (in distance not time).

The OT was for my response, not your original comment. I wasn't pulling you up on anything :). I've seen Luke and Terry mentioned before as a possible connection, but didn't know Terry's back story until I googled him after reading your comment.

BBM. I know this has been asked repeatedly, so apologies if I've missed the answer ... but what is the source for refusing an earlier lift?

I seem to remember it was on the first Look East report, where the reporter was standing near the horseshoe (the really dark video, not where he spoke to people from the 23 Sep). He also mentioned a birthday party happening in relation to Mama Mia, which is where I wonder if the going to a party story started.

Can't find the link immediately, sure it's on a previous thread.

hopefully the new update will go in the web page soon so we can talk about it,

hopefully the new update will go in the web page soon so we can talk about it,

I wonder if we'll finally get some answers as to why they believe Corrie was separated from his phone? I remember a while ago Nicola mentioned it. That would put a whole different slant on it.

For arguments sake, let's say his phone went to bm but he didn't. How is that possible? He binned his phone, someone binned his phone, someone gave him a lift, disposed of him but kept his phone?

In all honestly the highest likelihood in my opinion is he binned his own phone intentionally.

For arguments sake, let's say his phone went to bm but he didn't. How is that possible? He binned his phone, someone binned his phone, someone gave him a lift, disposed of him but kept his phone?

In all honestly the highest likelihood in my opinion is he binned his own phone intentionally.

The only reason he'd bin his own phone is if he was going missing intentionally, or planning to commit suicide. Up until recently (and only because the police, N&T, and Martin & co all agree it was in the bin lorry - the one thing they do seem to agree on!) I assumed he'd accidentally left it on top of the bin and it had ended up in the lorry. Now I'm not so sure. It's such a shame it wasn't searched for that first week, it could have been charged up and had apps/data checked. Fail #1.

I agree that it can't be ruled out that he binned the phone himself, if there is nothing else to go on. Unless they are going on, that his phone stayed with him, hence the searches in the phone route and ping areas. Just wonder are the family and the police any further on with the information they have than they were weeks ago. Must be awful for the family and frustrating too.

I totally agree that there have been major fails with regards to the phone.
I don't do these talking apps but my sons tell me they are quite popular as a means of free communication.

OMOO but it seems the phone being in the bin lorry was an 'assumption' based on movements of pings?

There is no proof that happened. It may have stayed with Corrie, I don't know how because I don't know what has happened, but noone seems to.

If it did travel in a vehicle from the bin area is there so far any information about the other vehicles there?

I haven't yet found anything about the tracing or exclusion of these vehicles (apart from some vague references that they have been investigated).

We are very low on factual info. JMO

I totally agree that there have been major fails with regards to the phone.
I don't do these talking apps but my sons tell me they are quite popular as a means of free communication.

Whatsapp is really popular, I use it all the time especially for group messages and sending photos (it's free, whereas a picture text would cost me) and I'm a 40+ mum as are most of the friends I message on it. Also to contact hubby during the day as you can see when messages have been read. If my "don't forget milk on your way home" message isn't picked up I'll ring him instead.

I know it's encrypted ("both ends" apparently, whatever that means) and can't be unscrambled. That said, I know there are other messaging services as well as dating apps that allow messages, and we know Corrie was a member of a few of these.

That phone really is key. Dammit.

The only reason he'd bin his own phone is if he was going missing intentionally, or planning to commit suicide. Up until recently (and only because the police, N&T, and Martin & co all agree it was in the bin lorry - the one thing they do seem to agree on!) I assumed he'd accidentally left it on top of the bin and it had ended up in the lorry. Now I'm not so sure. It's such a shame it wasn't searched for that first week, it could have been charged up and had apps/data checked. Fail #1.
I must have missed where they all agreed that as that is unusual. Was it the website or MSM? It would be good to clear that up. However, that could then mean he went in a completely opposite direction and noone would know IMO.

I must have missed where they all agreed that as that is unusual. Was it the website or MSM? It would be good to clear that up. However, that could then mean he went in a completely opposite direction and noone would know IMO.

They've all said at various times they think the phone went with the bin lorry. Please don't ask me to find links, I'm sure someone more organised will have them.

I have always thought it strange that, without evidence to suggest otherwise, the chances are that Corrie did stay with his phone. I don't understand why, from very early on they said it is not thought that Corrie was with his phone. Why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member