Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why he stopped killing? That's very unusual for a serial killer. I doubt we will ever know for sure.

I'm tipping the heat got way too hot and he was certain he would be caught, so self preservation.

There will always be people who distrust the police and hamper any attempt they make to clear them or charge them. Sometimes i think its a game for some people. Other times i think their fear is not unfounded.

ABC said the case would take at least a year to go to trial. I guess they assume that he'll plead not guilty!

Assuming the cops are right, he's had 20 years of freedom and Australia doesn't have the death penalty or hard labor so this will just amount to early retirement.

Assuming the cops are right, he's had 20 years of freedom and Australia doesn't have the death penalty or hard labor so this will just amount to early retirement.

Agreed. There is not really much of a disincentive for older people not to commit crime. Whats the worst that could happen... a cuchy cubical, a free ipod, internet access, no requirement to work.... not much different from my life.

Can someone clarify.

His wife had moved out of the home but the stepdaughter still lived there?

That would be an odd scenario if true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he may well have confessed, a la David Burnie, hence the digging up of the backyard. If the house was unattended at the time of SS's disappearance/suspected murder, and given what someone posted about there being a ton of bushland next to it, it sounds like it's definitely possible he might have buried her there (low risk of detection). Then with the following victims he probably would've felt that he needed to put them somewhere else to avoid any possible link to him, but probably didn't feel comfortable spending that amount of time digging when he could be seen, hence the dumping of the bodies. Notice how he went south again with JR, but only about halfway in relation to Madora Bay? Then, by the time of Ciara, he probably felt like three people south would be too many and drove far north to Eglinton. Would not be surprised if I wake up tomorrow to hear that they've found SS's remains, IMO.

I remember reading the original newspaper article about the Karakatta rape, someone on here posted it. If it's still around it's probably worth a good re-read. Anyone?

Hi Everyone, Another first time poster here. A couple of things iv'e thought about since reading through some of the earlier posts. In the early days of the investigation, Taxi drivers were lining up to submit their DNA sample to clear their name. As there was also talk regarding a Telstra vehicle, would't you think the police would have requested the drivers of Telstra vehicle submit a DNA sample. Also, watching 7 news tonight where they said the accused had left behind a kimono at the Huntingdale crime scene which they said was unconnected to the CSK at that time. Some 20 years later they have brought it out out of storage and tested it. I'm left wondering how they could they link the kimono to him but not evidence from the other victims

good spotting Potr - i think the 3 white cars look different to the one with the green P plates on it - this looks like a sedan, the others on the aerial view look like station wagons

Well, the last thing I expected to see logging online tonight was that a suspect had been arrested and charged as the CSK! holy cufk batman!! just finished my 2 hours of reading articles and this thread and have finally caught up.

In regards to people talking about being too risky abducting using the Telstra vehicle and covering signage e.t.c, is it not possible the Telstra vehicle was just used in the dumping of bodies (hence the fibre transfer) and not the actual abduction. I mean he chose spots near phone towers right? If I seen a Telstra worker in the middle of no where near a phone tower even at 3am i'm not gonna even give that a second thought, what a perfect cover.

As for why he stopped killing.... did he really stop? we don't know, but if he did there can be any number of reasons as to why.... from raising a family, deciding to quit while ahead or to finding other forms of sexual gratification and a million other reasons in between.

Is MM BE? in my opinion not a chance but opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one so each to their own.

And last but not least, I Will apologise to one Mr Stockley Davis, I did have him as a main suspect, his statements on the doco were just plain weird and out of place, but being a weirdo does not make one the CSK. There was no malice behind it, I was just clutching at straws in the hopes of helping to solve a 20 y/o cold case.

Fingers crossed Bradley J Edwards is not the new Andrew Mallard.

On the bright side, we no longer have to endure these crazy theories about star signs and psychics and radians!

I remember reading the original newspaper article about the Karakatta rape, someone on here posted it. If it's still around it's probably worth a good re-read. Anyone?
79ee7b3b1c3de52c9ac99984c4765660.jpg

This picture popped up on Google today . don't think it has been posted on ws before ?
The rowe park assault breakdown is midway through thread #6 if you want details and pictures of the possible MO

Hi guys. Just on the Telstra connection. I started working for Telstra in Sydney in late 1995. Right around then is when the new logo came out. Prior to that it was just the orange circle with the T in it and then telecom in smallish black writing after it. Not the whole body paintwork it is today. I believe the transition took a while and we had anwhole script to explain to any customers about the change and what the colours and symbols meant. Good chance they were driving around with the old logo for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa