Identified! AR - Hamburg, WhtMale UP2935, 20-40, red beard, hit by semi, May'89 - Charles Cornell

I am so glad that he has his name again and his family will have closure. I have been searching for him for 7 years and to think he wasn't even listed as missing.

He was not trying to cross the road. It is a very rural area..2 lane road with nothing except cemetery for miles. I posted pics of the area early on, but I think they are gone now.

He was not trying to cross the road. It is a very rural area..2 lane road with nothing except cemetery for miles. I posted pics of the area early on, but I think they are gone now.
If he wasn't trying to cross the road, was he just walking in the road and wasn't seen by the driver?

If he wasn't trying to cross the road, was he just walking in the road and wasn't seen by the driver?

I believe the police had stopped to check him out when the truck hit him. So, possibly blinded by police lights?

Glad Mr. Cornell has been identified. Looks like I was right about him growing a beard after going missing. The MP file said his hair was brown but the UID profile was blond/red. Hair colour can change and classification is subjective.

I wonder what he had been doing for 3 years? Hitchhiking across the country?

Wow nearly four years and 12 hour drive away from where he went missing. Crazy how it still took so long with a crystal clear photo and family looking for him.

Just needed to be actually in the system all this time.

So when he was a uid nothing related back to army records? So just Coz someone was in army can't rely on that to be checked against?

So glad he has name back and his family have answers.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Chuck is my uncle and has been missing for so long. Many many unanswered questions. It's nice to finally have some idea of what happened to him.

So when he was a uid nothing related back to army records? So just Coz someone was in army can't rely on that to be checked against?

Exactly. Nothing ever picked that up.

I've read (in several places) that the FBI has military prints in their database but just a couple years ago the George Bell case in NYC came up negative on prints and they knew his name and branch of service. There is a disconnect somewhere.

Chuck is my uncle and has been missing for so long, there have and still are so many unanswered questions.

Chuck is my uncle and has been missing for so long, there have and still are so many unanswered questions.

My thoughts are with you and your family. I'm sorry for your loss.

Just read about this today:
Hattie assumed police filed a missing persons report after she reported that situation. For 30 years, the family thought Charles was in a missing persons' database, but just this year, when they went to check on the status of Charles' case, they found out there was no case. He was never put in the missing persons system.

Police say there must have been some confusion with how the case was originally classified.

So, 30 years later, Charles Cornell was finally listed as a Missing Person. In November of 2016, the family contacted police and submitted Charles' DNA samples, still holding out hope.
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/missing-michigan-man-found-dead-in-arkansas/632784928

I'm wondering how many unidentified are the same story? The family thinks they reported them missing but no report exists? There must be something we can do to encourage family with missing loved ones to check the status of their case or even to file a case for the first time if it has been years. I think many more cases could be solved.

So sad it took this long to find out who he was. RIP Chuck.

I was 6 yrs old when my uncle went missing. The last time I saw him he had facial hair.

Is there anything about what happened that night that might have been reported that us family members might not know?

His family members are curious as to what brought him there to that area as well. Before he went missing it wasn't unlike him to hitch hike from Battle Creek to my families home in Grand Rapids. However, for him to have been missing for 3 yrs prior it just makes me wonder why Arkansas.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back