Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As one sleuth member said hotels normally use white sheets because they are constantly bleaching. I think even in a seedy rent by the hour type of dive they are still going to bleach their sheets. I have to agree with this observation (apologies to who posted that) they look like they could have come from like Buy it here for a Buck or Odd Balls (made up names ). Ugly sheets made, higher end stores refused to buy so sold cheaply to discount chains.
A thought about the tat. Maybe Unsub just got a tattoo gun and wanted to practice. Same could be said for "Cherries".
It reminds me of cattle branding as far as the hidden things in it go but he could be a traveling tattoo artist since they do guest spots

Ok I just sent my tattoo artist the photos and asked her opinion. I'll share what she says once she replies. Being the same skin color and race as her maybe she will have good insight

No worries A-R and yes Agreed hotels use white sheets however the hotel includes a bed cover not necessarily white. The pattern on Peaches sheet looks like a pattern on a thin bed spread cover from a very outdated hotel. .... Or someone with just very horrible taste in bed sheets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh you are right about the top thin bedspread thing. Someone once told me they are rarely washed and the first thing you should do when staying in a hotel/motel is remove it and place it in a corner. I won't mention the name of the hotel she worked in but it sounds like humpfort gin. I wonder if they found ink on it.

Re: hotel sheets, they said "seemingly a pillowcase." I think that must say something about the size, shape and even cut and seams sewn into the cloth. If it had been a shirt, you'd have to cut a lot off to square it where the collar and sleeves plus seams had been. Plus, a pillowcase has no padding. Even cheap hotel bedspreads then would have been thicker than an average fitted or flat sheet. I do think the pattern screams cheap hotel or other location which would need a pattern like that to either hide stains/discoloration or even light, if perhaps maybe it is thin drapery material. Probably not from a bed and breakfast. Maybe they were popular on the coast then, but at least here in the Midwest, they weren't as prevalent nor did people make a point of patronizing them unless they were looking for that specific experience.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think it just screams 90's cheap box store pillow case, say Walmart, K-mart. I am in Canada so don't know what other stores were popular during that time frame in the Eastern U.S.

I think it just screams 90's cheap box store pillow case, say Walmart, K-mart. I am in Canada so don't know what other stores were popular during that time frame in the Eastern U.S.
I don't disagree. If it's not hotel, I think you're right on the money. Like someone said up thread, that flowery, chintzy (literally and figuratively) style was in for a long time. I never knew it had a name but perhaps a more accurate pattern name could be determined and sourced?

attachment.php
I've been looking at about a gazillion ugly bed linens online for about a week. OK, this is really out there...and I may have gone down the rabbit hole without my carrots...but is there any way to find out if the Holiday Inn in Carle Place-Westport, NY had this pattern of fabric in their rooms?
The Holiday Inn Carle Place-Westport has a restaurant named Lillies, and also prides itself on its centerpiece flower garden, and it's less than 5 miles from placement of the remains.

I still say it resembles the bedding that I posted from the Capri lynbrook motel. Which by the way is only 3.5 miles from where the torso was found

Probably since the 80's into the 90's, was there a definitive size on the sheet ? Most hotels bed sizes range from queen - king

[FONT=&quot]Just an FYI. pillowcase is the simple covering for the pillow that you rest your head on at night. A pillow sham is a more decorative pillow covering usually made to match or coordinate with your comforter/duvet/bedspread.

Do many motels/hotels use pillow shams?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just an FYI. pillowcase is the simple covering for the pillow that you rest your head on at night. A pillow sham is a more decorative pillow covering usually made to match or coordinate with your comforter/duvet/bedspread.

Do many motels/hotels use pillow shams?[/FONT]

Pillow shams in a hotel, have never seen one. Thank you for clarifying that it is a pillowcase instead of a sheet ..

hi there, I took a look after seeing the general announcement here and link. Look at both the left leaf and right leaf and you will see that they are done similarly but backwards (as expected). You will see the artifacts on the right leaf as well. This is a well done tattoo, with great detail. The t is a little green bud if you will, the tail of the t a tiny stem. The artifacts to the right of it are dark clusters. You will see the same dark clusters on the right leaf. There is a bit of openness to the clusters, note that the letters B and 8 are each essentially two circles one above the other. The clusters have some roundness to them which can give the impression of B or 8 depending on the flatness of the sides.

For that matter you could look at the right leaf and see two or three S figures. They're just detail scratched in for the leaves.

The Eat a Peach tattoo I would think is a sexual reference, especially given her trade if I read correctly in my brief scan of some pages here.

Trust me, I am the last person who would want to throw water on something that may be found here but the artifacts in question are not characters imo.

Can anyone clarify *for certain* if Peaches was thought to be a sex worker or is that an assumption given the other positively identified victims *were* sex workers? TIA, as I'm new to LISK.

New story by Tim Bolger in the Long Island Press.

How Websleuths & Filmmakers Sparked A Revelation In Gilgo Murders Case

By Timothy Bolger -
December 30, 2016

When the biggest story in years broke this month in the unsolved Long Island Serial Killer case, few noticed that an online community of crime buffs and two filmmakers sparked the revelation.

The news went national when local investigators reported to a federal database that a DNA match meant partial skeletal remains found on Ocean Parkway in 2011 belonged to an unidentified woman whose torso was discovered in Rockville Centre in 1997, which in turn confirmed the victim—dubbed “Peaches” because of her fruit tattoo—was the mother of the lone child recovered amid the carnage uncovered in the Gilgo Beach murders probe. It was widely reported to be the most significant update in the investigation since the last bodies were found. Although most reports omitted it, the story behind how this forensic clue was unearthed raises as many questions about the case as the news itself.

[...]

“There just has to be at least an accurate accounting of these victims,” a man who uses the online pseudonym “Fieldnotes” on Websleuths, a popular online forum for true crime aficionados, was quoted as saying in episode three of The Killing Season, a docu-series about LISK and related cases that recently aired on A&E.

[...]

“It had always been our…belief that identifying the unidentified along Ocean Parkway would lead to a break in the case and we really believed that the Websleuths community could help do this,” Zeman said.

Webslueths’ owner, Tricia Griffith, and longtime website moderator Deb Smith, who goes by the handle Bessie, confirmed that Fieldnotes was the first to bring attention to Jane Doe No. 3’s omission from NamUs. They pointed to it as an example of how the site can help advance investigations.

Read more at the link

https://www.longislandpress.com/201...revelation-in-long-island-serial-killer-case/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11872103

:bump: You guys are doing great work. :cupcake:Cupcakes for everyone!

Let's see if we can get a positive ID on that tattoo and those initials, in particular. Could be a key to more info.

:tyou:

The second letter looks more like upper case G or a 6 to me. You don't normally see a B with the lower loop arching upward, it's almost always level.

The second letter looks more like upper case G or a 6 to me. You don't normally see a B with the lower loop arching upward, it's almost always level.

And I hate to say this but the last figure looks like a swastika. In the blown up color photo it just jumps off the page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly