Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look to the left it's a eye and the middle there is a tear or rain drop below the peach. These kind of tattoos are gang related. Ask someone who works in gang related prison/probation department.

Hope this hasn't been posted before but have they ran geographical DNA to see what her or the babies ethnicity might be?

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

New story by Tim Bolger in the Long Island Press.

How Websleuths & Filmmakers Sparked A Revelation In Gilgo Murders Case

By Timothy Bolger -
December 30, 2016

When the biggest story in years broke this month in the unsolved Long Island Serial Killer case, few noticed that an online community of crime buffs and two filmmakers sparked the revelation.

The news went national when local investigators reported to a federal database that a DNA match meant partial skeletal remains found on Ocean Parkway in 2011 belonged to an unidentified woman whose torso was discovered in Rockville Centre in 1997, which in turn confirmed the victim—dubbed “Peaches” because of her fruit tattoo—was the mother of the lone child recovered amid the carnage uncovered in the Gilgo Beach murders probe. It was widely reported to be the most significant update in the investigation since the last bodies were found. Although most reports omitted it, the story behind how this forensic clue was unearthed raises as many questions about the case as the news itself.

[...]

“There just has to be at least an accurate accounting of these victims,” a man who uses the online pseudonym “Fieldnotes” on Websleuths, a popular online forum for true crime aficionados, was quoted as saying in episode three of The Killing Season, a docu-series about LISK and related cases that recently aired on A&E.

[...]

“It had always been our…belief that identifying the unidentified along Ocean Parkway would lead to a break in the case and we really believed that the Websleuths community could help do this,” Zeman said.

Webslueths’ owner, Tricia Griffith, and longtime website moderator Deb Smith, who goes by the handle Bessie, confirmed that Fieldnotes was the first to bring attention to Jane Doe No. 3’s omission from NamUs. They pointed to it as an example of how the site can help advance investigations.

Read more at the link

https://www.longislandpress.com/201...revelation-in-long-island-serial-killer-case/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11872103

What a brilliant article!
Thank you Fieldnotes and thank you all Websleuthers working on this case for years! Progress is happening :)

Can anyone clarify *for certain* if Peaches was thought to be a sex worker or is that an assumption given the other positively identified victims *were* sex workers? TIA, as I'm new to LISK.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Very good question actually. It is an ASSUMPTION! And I really hope everybody still trying to keep an open mind. No matter how much we would liker her case to fit in because of location, we can't rule out the possibility of her being victim of isolated domestic or other violence until facts proves otherwise.

All look at the the recent case of Chinelle Latoya Thompson-Brown. Stabbed, dismembered and decapitated by her FEMALE landlord, body parts scattered around different locations of Long Island. Silly $200 money dispute. She was decent, african american female, mother of four. If she was not identified, her case would "fit" right in SK scenario of Long Island.
By the way, she was identified by her tattoo! Some parts found on Fire Island, some in Hempstead (where Peaches torso was found), some in other locations.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/accused-killer-li-mom-denied-bail-article-1.1878757

I am not trying to prove or disprove anything, but yes, let's not close our minds to different possibilities.

As far as I am aware, it was never revealed if any toxicology tests have been done on Peaches and/or what they showed. Maybe that could be another important question for Medical Examiner to answer. Maybe those approved could enquire?

Oh you are right about the top thin bedspread thing. Someone once told me they are rarely washed and the first thing you should do when staying in a hotel/motel is remove it and place it in a corner. I won't mention the name of the hotel she worked in but it sounds like humpfort gin. I wonder if they found ink on it.

Yea I worked at one and quit quickly the first day they showed me a hint ow to do rooms and I discovered semen on a top cover blanket duvet that the manager didn't notice and I was informed they rarely wash those. It reminds me exactly of thkse covers you see at hotels in the 90s.

hi there, I took a look after seeing the general announcement here and link. Look at both the left leaf and right leaf and you will see that they are done similarly but backwards (as expected). You will see the artifacts on the right leaf as well. This is a well done tattoo, with great detail. The t is a little green bud if you will, the tail of the t a tiny stem. The artifacts to the right of it are dark clusters. You will see the same dark clusters on the right leaf. There is a bit of openness to the clusters, note that the letters B and 8 are each essentially two circles one above the other. The clusters have some roundness to them which can give the impression of B or 8 depending on the flatness of the sides.

For that matter you could look at the right leaf and see two or three S figures. They're just detail scratched in for the leaves.

The Eat a Peach tattoo I would think is a sexual reference, especially given her trade if I read correctly in my brief scan of some pages here.

Trust me, I am the last person who would want to throw water on something that may be found here but the artifacts in question are not characters imo.
As someone with many good tattoos this one isn't that good. It's not awful but it's average but for that time period it may be good. It would have bled on any sheets once done like mine almost all did so I wonder if he took the sheets? My artist has a client who comes to town and always takes the sheets after that her tattoos have imprinted into. I saw the ss and a 33 next to it. I think it's just leaf details unless it's an area code or someone specials bday and maybe the months iniatls then the numbers or a once special anniversary. If t was meant to be a cover up it's not good because there's easy ways to mask what we see. To me the tattoo is only special if we find that the killer did it. Which that's a good way to make sure nobody can ID a body. By adding a random tattoo that no missing persons report about the person would list. It's just a typical sexy trashy 90s tattoo to me though.

[FONT=&quot]Just an FYI. pillowcase is the simple covering for the pillow that you rest your head on at night. A pillow sham is a more decorative pillow covering usually made to match or coordinate with your comforter/duvet/bedspread.

Do many motels/hotels use pillow shams?[/FONT]

I have never seen one in a hotel or motel. Never ever. I think that's why Bed and Breakfast is being mentioned. A place that would use pillow shams. That is kind of an odd thing to have at your disposal unless you were at someone's home I think. But then again maybe there was a motel manager out there smart enough to realize you can extend the life of a pillow by using shams and invested the money on some ugly *advertiser censored** shams.

And I hate to say this but the last figure looks like a swastika. In the blown up color photo it just jumps off the page

My mind went to the ss symbol in the right lead it doesn't look like a normal s but like a lightning bolt type Nazi one. The only reason I think she'd have that is jail.

Very good question actually. It is an ASSUMPTION! And I really hope everybody still trying to keep an open mind. No matter how much we would liker her case to fit in because of location, we can't rule out the possibility of her being victim of isolated domestic or other violence until facts proves otherwise.

All look at the the recent case of Chinelle Latoya Thompson-Brown. Stabbed, dismembered and decapitated by her FEMALE landlord, body parts scattered around different locations of Long Island. Silly $200 money dispute. She was decent, african american female, mother of four. If she was not identified, her case would "fit" right in SK scenario of Long Island.
By the way, she was identified by her tattoo! Some parts found on Fire Island, some in Hempstead (where Peaches torso was found), some in other locations.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/accused-killer-li-mom-denied-bail-article-1.1878757

I am not trying to prove or disprove anything, but yes, let's not close our minds to different possibilities.

As far as I am aware, it was never revealed if any toxicology tests have been done on Peaches and/or what they showed. Maybe that could be another important question for Medical Examiner to answer. Maybe those approved could enquire?

I wonder if she could be the person who killed peaches maybe

My mind went to the ss symbol in the right lead it doesn't look like a normal s but like a lightning bolt type Nazi one. The only reason I think she'd have that is jail.

I don't think there are many African American or Hispanic inmates that get tatted with Nazi symbolism in the prison system imo.

I don't think there are many African American or Hispanic inmates that get tatted with Nazi symbolism in the prison system imo.

Neither do I. It would need to be not willingly but I doubt it. I know I need to check my messages to see what my tattoo artist said about the tattoo. I'm hoping she can say yes it's a cover up or no those are leaf veins because I think we need to focus on the bedding and getting the image to hotels in the area to ask if they know it or have it. Once we find that we may find who she is somehow

hi there, I took a look after seeing the general announcement here and link. Look at both the left leaf and right leaf and you will see that they are done similarly but backwards (as expected). You will see the artifacts on the right leaf as well. This is a well done tattoo, with great detail. The t is a little green bud if you will, the tail of the t a tiny stem. The artifacts to the right of it are dark clusters. You will see the same dark clusters on the right leaf. There is a bit of openness to the clusters, note that the letters B and 8 are each essentially two circles one above the other. The clusters have some roundness to them which can give the impression of B or 8 depending on the flatness of the sides.

For that matter you could look at the right leaf and see two or three S figures. They're just detail scratched in for the leaves.

The Eat a Peach tattoo I would think is a sexual reference, especially given her trade if I read correctly in my brief scan of some pages here.

Trust me, I am the last person who would want to throw water on something that may be found here but the artifacts in question are not characters imo.

I also popped over because of the announcement.

I agree with your assessment of the detail work. I don't believe they are letters or numbers, at all - but detail work in the leaves. I looked up an article, and the artist remembers the tattoo, and the woman. He thought a peach with a bite out of it and dripping juice was odd, but also sort of a common thing, that people come in with odd tattoo ideas.

I think that if he can remember the tattoo and the woman, he would remember if he was instructed to put specific letters and/or numbers into it.

http://www.centralctcommunications.com/bristolpress/article_b587e888-38a0-11e5-b906-3393be745a91.html

I also popped over because of the announcement.

I agree with your assessment of the detail work. I don't believe they are letters or numbers, at all - but detail work in the leaves. I looked up an article, and the artist remembers the tattoo, and the woman. He thought a peach with a bite out of it and dripping juice was odd, but also sort of a common thing, that people come in with odd tattoo ideas.

I think that if he can remember the tattoo and the woman, he would remember if he was instructed to put specific letters and/or numbers into it.

http://www.centralctcommunications.com/bristolpress/article_b587e888-38a0-11e5-b906-3393be745a91.html

yeah, absolutely. I was thinking that the thoughts on letters were that they were inked in later as some message, who knows, but certainly the tattoo artist would have known if he inked an abbreviation in there.

Just to clarify my comment on the Eat a Peach tattoo, I said I would think it was a sexual reference especially concerning the trade she appeared to be in based on comments here, but I see that was an assumption and I will amend my comment.

Irregardless of whether she was a sex worker or not, I would think a tattoo that essentially says Eat a Peach is the known sexual reference. An aggressive sexual reference imo not that there's anything wrong with that.

It is an assumption that Peaches was a sex worker, but it is not a wild assumption pulled out of thin air, either. The GB4 share very distinct differences from the other bodies found, and I don't believe that they are connected to these other victims, but they were sex workers. That fact might be easy to dismiss with respect to Peaches, Jane Doe 6 and possibly Cherries, since the manner of death and disposal was so different, if it weren't for Jessica Taylor. Jessica Taylor was a sex worker. She was dismembered and scattered in the same manner as Peaches and Cherries, and some of Jessica Taylor's remains were found very close to some of the remains belonging to Peaches. Jane Doe 6 was dismembered and scattered (the same as Jessica Taylor) and had partial remains recovered from both Manorville and Ocean Parkway (the same as Jessica Taylor). While it may be a coincidence that the partial remains of Taylor, Peaches and Jane Doe 6 were all found close to where the GB4 were found, it is NOT a coincidence that Taylor and Jane Doe 6 both had partial remains found in both Manorville and Ocean Parkway. I also don't believe that it is a coincidence that Taylor, Jane Doe 6, and Peaches were all dismembered and their remains scattered. Whoever did this didn't do this for kicks...they did this to keep these victims from being identified. The only reason someone would go to such lengths to keep a murder victim from being identified is because the victim can be linked directly to you. We know next to nothing about Peaches and Jane Doe 6, but we do know quite a bit about Jessica Taylor. We know that she was a sex worker, we know that she had issues with substance abuse, we know that she was murdered, we know that her body was dismembered and her remains scattered in order to keep her from being identified, and we know that there is a direct link between her and Jane Doe 6 (Manorville), and likely a direct link between her and Peaches (Ocean Parkway).

To my mind, Jessica Taylor's profile is a logical model to go by when trying to piece together the profiles of Peaches and Jane Doe 6. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if there is a link to Cherries as well.

JMO, of course.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but I searched "The Bitten Peach" and it appears that this is an old Asian type of slang used for Homosexuality. Not sure if it is useful or not. You never know.

Does anyone know if the pillow case and towel were tested/retested for DNA other than hers? With all the advanced in DNA and touch DNA since 1997 perhaps LE could get something off of them.

Does anyone know if the pillow case and towel were tested/retested for DNA other than hers? With all the advanced in DNA and touch DNA since 1997 perhaps LE could get something off of them.

Of course, then again with Suffolk County LE being involved in getting it tested for DNA it is probably lost somewhere and missing from the evidence box.

HERE ARE A FEW POSSIBLE MATCHES I FOUND

1. REGINA BROWN-https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2018/53/
2. SANDRA SANTIAGO-https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3303/43/

3. ROSA VALENTIN- https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3549/54/

Regina Brown was 37 when she went missing in 1987 - so I don't think that is a match.

Sandra Santiago was last seen in 1998 so that rules her out.

Rosa Valentin went missing in 1986 as she was picked up by a Hispanic male while walking home, so that would be a long shot at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500