GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can tell, that property is where Donna and Harvey moved after they sold their place in Coral Springs. They are probably renting it. You can see Donna leaving that building on the undercover police video they showed on 20/20. It makes sense that Wendi used that address to register her PA as she was probably living there at the time. When she moved out, she changed the address. Charlie most likely lives in Broward closer to the dental practice.

I find it odd that the local press is not constantly confronting all the As outside their homes and business and sticking cameras and microphones in their faces. They're unlikely to say anything meaningful, but that doesn't mean the press shouldn't try, and even video of them hiding their faces and scurrying away makes for great TV. And how about interviewing the patients going in and out of the dental office? "Excuse me, ma'am, do you have any comment on the fact that your dentist has been named by prosecutors as a suspect in a conspiracy to murder a law professor up in Tallahassee as a means to resolve a nasty custody dispute?" That's classic local TV news fodder.

From what I can tell, that property is where Donna and Harvey moved after they sold their place in Coral Springs. They are probably renting it. You can see Donna leaving that building on the undercover police video they showed on 20/20. It makes sense that Wendi used that address to register her PA as she was probably living there at the time. When she moved out, she changed the address. Charlie most likely lives in Broward closer to the dental practice.

Look at the families website and look at blog. Lol

http://floridasmilemaker.com/blog/

I find it odd that the local press is not constantly confronting all the As outside their homes and business and sticking cameras and microphones in their faces. They're unlikely to say anything meaningful, but that doesn't mean the press shouldn't try, and even video of them hiding their faces and scurrying away makes for great TV. And how about interviewing the patients going in and out of the dental office? "Excuse me, ma'am, do you have any comment on the fact that your dentist has been named by prosecutors as a suspect in a conspiracy to murder a law professor up in Tallahassee as a means to resolve a nasty custody dispute?" That's classic local TV news fodder.

Good point - I'm surprised reporters aren't all over the A's now that you mention it. I'd love to see some confrontations.

well 20/20 did confront turkey neck outside of his office. begins at around 7:00 in -

[video=youtube;tvyfndVckNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvyfndVckNI[/video]

It will all come out in the wash. KM is in a battle of stratego and she has never played it before.

It's a shame KM did not take this golden opportunity. If she cooperated from the beginning, she would have possibly avoided prison. They gave her a chance. She's most likely regretting her decision now. Maybe...

"At this point, Magbanua’s attorneys, Tara Kawass and Christopher M. DeCoste, are “indicating that she’s wanting to go to trial and not willing to waive her speedy trial rights at this time,” Cappleman said.

That may change in the future, she added.

Cappleman said before Magbanua was arrested Oct. 1, prosecutors gave her the opportunity to tell them what she knew. She declined. But a statement from her could lead investigators to others they believe were involved in Markel’s shooting.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/12/06/magbanua-pleads-not-guilty-markel-killing/95037956/

Also, from Discovery e-filed by SA for KM on 11/07/16 it appears to me that she gave some sort of statement to LE. It could be a total denial or her saying she isn't going to talk but it is there. It indicates there are reports/recordings. Does anyone have any experience with this or insight to what this could be? Thoughts?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 2.54.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 2.54.26 PM.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 164

It's a shame KM did not take this golden opportunity. If she cooperated from the beginning, she would have possibly avoided prison. They gave her a chance. She's most likely regretting her decision now. Maybe...

i don't think so. i think her lawyers have her thoroughly convinced that she will go to trial, win, and walk away scot-free.

i don't think so. i think her lawyers have her thoroughly convinced that she will go to trial, win, and walk away scot-free.
I'm not sure why I think this, but KM's young attorneys scare me a bit. Can't really articulate why but maybe it's because they're young and inexperienced enough to go for any means necessary to get their client off.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Maybe it is a bluff so that KM can get the best deal at the last minute.

I'm not sure why I think this, but KM's young attorneys scare me a bit. Can't really articulate why but maybe it's because they're young and inexperienced enough to go for any means necessary to get their client off.

i question who their real client is. who's paying their bill? turkey neck?

Good catch. I think it is cause they are arrogant, inexperienced and being led by someone down the hall.

Good catch. I think it is cause they are arrogant, inexperienced and being led by someone down the hall.
And trying very hard to make their mark.

Videos of KM in court seem to show everyone that has contact with her, ie leading in and out of court, seated with her ect. are particularly gentle, as if dealing with a fragile, scared child. imo.
Could it be that they/she thinks a jury would be preferable because of an assumption that they will see KM in that light?
speculation, imo.

And trying very hard to make their mark.

I thought that lawyers took an oath to represent their clients' best interests?

Or at least, to not lie to them?

They are young lawyers. Would they be will to risk their reputations?

Is it possible that other lawyers, the courts, etc. would not view their actions as duplicitous?

For instance, a doctor who killed a patient with the intent of making himself more prosperous, would not be respected by other doctors. Do lawyers have a different set of principals than other professions?

I think most lawyers should review the 20k pages of discovery before talking their clients in to making a plea decision.

Also. For the best plea. Her lawyers should vet her first to see how much direct-proof evidence that she has against the Adelsons.

Especially since her and Charlie dated and all calls and money between the 2 will be somewhat explained (via Adelsons lawyers) that it was due to their relationship.

Now of course it's common sense that the Adelsons were involved since they paid the hitmen 100k cash.

But since this is Florida (home of the Tot Mom Jury); Then the prosecutor may not move forward on the Adelsons or the ultimate sweetheart deal unless KM has top notch linked proof. Jmo

Remember all the posturing and hemming a hawing about no evidence from Rivera's lawyer? Right up until the day he pled... Don't worry, everyone. Her attorneys are doing exactly what they should be doing. Positioning their client for the best deal possible.

We just need to be patient. At some point before February 27, I predict she will either move to continue or plea. And when the next trial date rolls around...I predict she will either move to continue or plea. In my opinion, their is just no way she will risk doing life in prison, with all of the other opportunities before her. All we can do is breathe, watch, and wait...

Another thing - someone mentioned earlier that KM could probably get the same deal if she was found guilty at trial and agreed to cooperate pre-sentencing. I disagree - the state needs KM's testimony to MEAN something...it needs to be credible. If she is found guilty first, and then suddenly agrees to cooperate, her testimony loses a ton of weight because it will look like she's telling them what they want to hear to get herself out of doing life. That's why I think the state is seeking at least some prison time (agree with the 7 year assessment on par with Rivera) because if she gets nothing, her testimony seems weightless. She has to take a sentence that a reasonable person wouldn't lie for.

Everyone here are making really good point's, it's good to know that I am not the only one thinking about this case,in my life nobody even knows who CA is.

It really does seem (to me) that KM's lawyers are determined to take this case to court. Is it because of CA's council down the hall?, we all have a pretty good idea who may be paying them or worse (my awful idea) they know that they will make more billing hour's by going to court? Also they will be part of a high profile and possibly live streamed case.

Maybe it is as simple as the lawyers really believing they can win, in their mind her walking away free would be better than any plea deal.

I get the sense that many board members on this thread are like myself and want her to flip and take down the A's. Why do I hate CA so much? Why do I check daily to see if she's flipped? My greatest hope on this case is that LE arrest CA and the case is streamed, I really want to watch that trial.

Another thing - someone mentioned earlier that KM could probably get the same deal if she was found guilty at trial and agreed to cooperate pre-sentencing. I disagree - the state needs KM's testimony to MEAN something...it needs to be credible. If she is found guilty first, and then suddenly agrees to cooperate, her testimony loses a ton of weight because it will look like she's telling them what they want to hear to get herself out of doing life. That's why I think the state is seeking at least some prison time (agree with the 7 year assessment on par with Rivera) because if she gets nothing, her testimony seems weightless. She has to take a sentence that a reasonable person wouldn't lie for.

Agree. But Rivera would have gotten way more than 7years if he wasn't already doing 12 years Federal.

Now Curtis Wright took a plea deal against Mark Sievers for 20 years.

So 20 does seem like the norm when facing life without parole.

So imo. KM should at least get 10 years if she is successful in helping destroy the Adelsons.

And I wish she gets more since she did way more than a simple introduction between SG and CA.

Jmo.

Everyone here are making really good point's, it's good to know that I am not the only one thinking about this case,in my life nobody even knows who CA is.

It really does seem (to me) that KM's lawyers are determined to take this case to court. Is it because of CA's council down the hall?, we all have a pretty good idea who may be paying them or worse (my awful idea) they know that they will make more billing hour's by going to court? Also they will be part of a high profile and possibly live streamed case.

Maybe it is as simple as the lawyers really believing they can win, in their mind her walking away free would be better than any plea deal.

I get the sense that many board members on this thread are like myself and want her to flip and take down the A's. Why do I hate CA so much? Why do I check daily to see if she's flipped? My greatest hope on this case is that LE arrest CA and the case is streamed, I really want to watch that trial.

The "why" is easily explained - an upstanding, brilliant man was murdered in cold blood for the simple reason that he wanted to be a father to his children, and you - and I, and everyone else on this board - want to see his killers brought to justice. Not just the people who carried out the murder, but also the ones who ordered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair