NJ NJ - Renee Lamanna, 35, Ocean City, 8 Jan 1994

1TRrDpMm.jpg

They have found a homeless woman who resembled Renee, even though how similar they are. Diane and the homeless woman in the mugshot aren't the same person. Dianne is also lucid and oriented, knows her name, birthdate and SS. Unlike Renee, Hopefully Renee is found soon, She has been missing fore 22 years now.

1TRrDpMm.jpg

They have found a homeless woman who resembled Renee, even though how similar they are. Diane and the homeless woman in the mugshot aren't the same person. Dianne is also lucid and oriented, knows her name, birthdate and SS. Unlike Renee, Hopefully Renee is found soon, She has been missing fore 22 years now.
Link?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I feel so bad for Renee's sister that the woman turned out not to be Renee. It sounded so promising.

Search for long-missing Renee LaManna back to 'square one'

http://m.thetimes-tribune.com/news/search-for-long-missing-renee-lamanna-back-to-square-one-1.2005045

The pieces fell into place neatly — perhaps too neatly, in hindsight.

When she received a call last February about a disoriented homeless woman sighted in Virginia who identified herself as “Renee Leman” and confided she was looking for her family, Margaret LaManna, M.D., became convinced her sister finally had been found after more than two decades.

After a nearly yearlong search during which the woman’s photos were splashed across social media and plastered on fliers at truck stops and homeless shelters up and down the East Coast, the elusive drifter turned up in late January in Kissimmee, Florida. Police notified Dr. LaManna, who traveled from her home in West Palm Beach to meet her Jan. 24.

It wasn’t Renee.

“We are heartbroken, and we are absolutely devastated,” Dr. LaManna said Monday. “We are back to square one.”

In this case, “square one” is the Chambers Street subway station in New York City, where a utility worker spotted Renee looking at a photo of herself on a flier in December 1995, now the last credible sighting of the Abington Heights High School and University of Scranton graduate.

Female drifter in the South is not missing Queens woman who vanished 22 years ago

I feel so bad for Renee's sister that the woman turned out not to be Renee. It sounded so promising.

Search for long-missing Renee LaManna back to 'square one'

http://m.thetimes-tribune.com/news/search-for-long-missing-renee-lamanna-back-to-square-one-1.2005045

Female drifter in the South is not missing Queens woman who vanished 22 years ago

Yes, i was just about to post that! :( It's crazy, how everything added up to Renee, even the name the drifter gave.

How disappointing for the family. Though the pictures looked like Renee, I had my doubts about whether it was really her.

It would be interesting to know what the average life expectancy is for someone living a transient life...like someone else posted above, what are the odds that Renee (or anyone else) would even be alive after 20+ years on the streets.

Of course, there's the case of Cloudia Wells in California who has been missing since 1998. Evidence of her being alive seems quite credible, and if it is her, right there is one case of a person who has been transient for almost 20 years.

Would've thought the latest sightings would be a clear match for Renee. That's so disappointing for Renee's family.

qYSBzCil.jpg

Here is the updated PDF profile for Renee LaManna.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sWKKOMy4iWUDF0ZUROOE9TMG8/view

It includes the last sightings known of Renee, in New Jersey and New York. The Federal Databases need to find Renee and how they work. And some information on the Roadblocks to finding Renee, and all missing adults who are either mentally ill, homeless or mentally challenged. Mainly, the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability act. Who in the name of ''patient privacy'' can restrict agencies from sharing critical information. There was also many 'hits' on Renee's NCIC. During 21 years, her family was never notified of those queries until now.

Margaret is still looking for her sister. Team Renee was in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens last week. There has been many hits on Renee's NCIC number over the years, it's very possible Renee could be homeless.

29Resuql.jpg

Saint Francis of Assisi, The Longest Breadline in the World.

I didn't see this woman mentioned so I'm throwing it out there: https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/15992

She was found alive in Hoboken September 29, 2016.

Estimated age Adult - Pre 70
Minimum age 50 years
Maximum age 70 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 100, Measured
Height (inches) 61, Measured

Eye color is brown. Hair seems consistant although I can't see the peak Renee has and the color is more gray now.

I didn't see this woman mentioned so I'm throwing it out there: https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/15992

She was found alive in Hoboken September 29, 2016.

Estimated age Adult - Pre 70
Minimum age 50 years
Maximum age 70 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 100, Measured
Height (inches) 61, Measured

Eye color is brown. Hair seems consistant although I can't see the peak Renee has and the color is more gray now.

I wonder whether anyone has reported this potential match to Renee's family?

I wonder whether anyone has reported this potential match to Renee's family?

I sent a message to the facebook page. No reply yet.

I didn't see it mentioned in the timeline anywhere so maybe they haven't seen that case yet.

I've only just seen that the homeless woman turned out not to be Renee :( :( How heartbreaking for her family :( :(

I've only just seen that the homeless woman turned out not to be Renee How heartbreaking for her family

Awe :(

Where did you see that? I was looking around because I didn't want to send them junk.

Awe :(

Where did you see that? I was looking around because I didn't want to send them junk.

No, sorry, I meant the homeless lady in the blue cape who trusts truckers, not the unidentified person that you found. I really thought that was her, and the family put so much work into tracking her down only to find it wasn't her :( :(

Dr. LaManna believes she was misled by the individuals who encountered and photographed the homeless drifter in southcentral Virginia in the fall of 2014. One of them contacted Dr. LaManna after coming across Renee’s profile in an online missing persons database.

“I think they started off with good intentions, but somehow the facts got really distorted, and that distortion hooked us completely,” she said.

Dr. LaManna identified the homeless woman in Kissimmee only as a former New York resident who has been estranged from her family since at least 2005. Police used fingerprints to confirm her identity.

When they spoke, the woman denied telling anyone that her name was Renee or that she was searching for her family — tidbits that had given legitimacy to the Virginia sighting, especially when combined with the photos that “looked so much like Renee,” Dr. LaManna said.

She has spent recent days trying to “unravel” the past year, including removing the homeless woman’s photos from Facebook and other social media.

“It’s 12 months gone, just vaporized, 12 months of our lives and of many people’s lives looking for the wrong woman,” Dr. LaManna said.

http://m.thetimes-tribune.com/news/...ng-renee-lamanna-back-to-square-one-1.2005045

No, sorry, I meant the homeless lady in the blue cape who trusts truckers, not the unidentified person that you found. I really thought that was her, and the family put so much work into tracking her down only to find it wasn't her

Oh ok.

Yes I saw that info too. How heart wrenching that must have been for them.

I've only just seen that the homeless woman turned out not to be Renee :( :( How heartbreaking for her family :( :(

I watched a podcast where Renee's sister spoke about false lead. The silver lining is that the homeless woman is now also helping out in the search by handing out fliers.

I guess another good thing that came out of the lead, was that Renee's sister was notified that there has been several inquires on Renee's NCIC number over the years. Renee's family was never notified of this.

Sister not giving up in search for area woman missing 23 years

http://citizensvoice.com/news/sister-not-giving-up-in-search-for-area-woman-missing-23-years-1.2252598

Eighteen months after the most promising lead to Renee’s whereabouts in decades evaporated in a disappointing case of mistaken identity, LaManna said she has never given up hope that her sister is still out there somewhere or that someone will recognize her and place a call to the toll-free 888-RENEE11 tipline.

“I’m praying for that phone call,” LaManna said. “She’s alive. I’ve always felt that.”

Although heartbroken by the outcome, LaManna said she has been able move past it and focus on renewed search efforts in the New York-New Jersey-Pennsylvania area, where she believes her sister is most likely to be found. That hasn’t been the case for law enforcement, she said.

Police in both Cape May County, New Jersey, and in New York City, where Renee lived in the decade before her disappearance, have shown little interest in pursuing the cold case, she said.

“Unfortunately, I think the police felt exhausted after those 11 months and they have really given up assisting in Renee’s case. They have thrown in the towel,” she said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back